Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest Crosby Family
Hiya Karen, i love home and away, i'm a big fan, probably shouldn't be broadcasting that thou eh!! Oh is flat out on the net researching Perth, i'm not as bad, i've a wee man who demands a lot of my attention!!! To be honest i'm only slowly coming round to the idea of going..... we dont really have a choice, life has not been good for us here for a long time and we really cant see it improving, i know we'll have a lovely life out there but it really wouldn't be my choice to go, i didn't even want to travel ever!! But slowly i'm starting to get a little excited! Oh fingers crossed your oh gets the job, sounds great, fate's way of making up your mind when to go eh! We're hoping to be over there early next year, as soon as possible really.

Muriel thats great your cat is settling, a weight off eh. awh never say never, when ye get settled in Oz a dog would complete the whole picture eh!!

Karen.x

Yeah she is doing really well, thank god i did'nt sleep a wink last night with worry.

Cant believe you like home and away tooooo, Myra and kaz are big fans too, I like a bit of the old Eastend always some drama.......

Muriel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have'nt done a thing regarding packing ..... Bad i know, when im a real organiser but trying to get pets and car sold all i have done is gone mad in tk maxx etc getting summer stuff, hubby says he cant get into the office with all the bags pilling up LOL. Ian has sent of his cv for a few places so fingers crossed he will hear some good news back even if its to line up a few interviews when we get out there.Im not looking forward to the packing side of things do but im just gonna have to be ruthless. Have another quote to get on tue so will deside then and pack what i can myself.

Did you pm Myra yet?

Muriel

No meant to do it today but ended up out - will do it now and let you know as soon as i hear back. Don't laugh - i don't know how to send pm, so wish me luck:embarrassed:

karen

Guest Crosby Family
No meant to do it today but ended up out - will do it now and let you know as soon as i hear back. Don't laugh - i don't know how to send pm, so wish me luck:embarrassed:

karen

To be honest im kinda the same . I just had my 12 yrs old showing me how to use FB so i can tell my Brother and sister in law in America our news..... How BAD!!!!!

Muriel

To be honest im kinda the same . I just had my 12 yrs old showing me how to use FB so i can tell my Brother and sister in law in America our news..... How BAD!!!!!

Muriel

I bought an iphone a few months back and cried after a few hours trying to set it up and couldn't - my 15 year old nearly died laughing when she seen what i was doing and explained how it has to be done using internet - i only wanted a phone!!!!!!! she tells everyone:err:

Sent Myra message (and yes - got my daughter to show me how- going to sign up for internet course someday), i'll be in touch about our ladies lunch as soon as i hear back.

karen

Guest avrilobrien

No hubby is a scaffolder its not on the SOL we were think of him going out first and looking to get into the mines and get a house sorted and i would follow with the kids what you think about that.

No hubby is a scaffolder its not on the SOL we were think of him going out first and looking to get into the mines and get a house sorted and i would follow with the kids what you think about that.

Hi,

We're half playing with that idea too, but i would really prefer we all go together, you have to do whats best for you all, as was said the other day with a good job and exchange rates he could send back enough for you to follow soon, don't know if i'd trust my OH to find a house - i'm a fussy b..ch:biggrin:

Karen

Guest jacinta72

HI

Living in butler at the mo, it's nice, bit crowded but not compared to dublin, been in perth 2 yrs weather is gr8 in summer and v rainy in winter! also expensive.. but so is everywhere i guess.. 2 kids in primary one in high school.

Hey, my friends partner is a scaffolder too, he went out to Perth on a work holiday visa and got a job within a week. He is getting $40 an hour in the mines. She followed him out on a six month holiday visa with her son. He is hoping to get sponsored. Its a bit dodgy as sponsorship could take ages but they are willing to take the chance. My husband is going out there before me and the kids. It is going to be super tough but the safest choice. He is going to be picking out the house, totally dreading it!! We've been on domain and all and I showed him what I like. Most of the properties are new in Perth. I don't think there'll be a problem...

Myra

Guest Crosby Family
HI

Living in butler at the mo, it's nice, bit crowded but not compared to dublin, been in perth 2 yrs weather is gr8 in summer and v rainy in winter! also expensive.. but so is everywhere i guess.. 2 kids in primary one in high school.

Hi Jacinta,

We are moving over from Kilkenny on the 6th Oct . We have a short term rental booked in Quinns Rock, I have a 12 yr old son, What School would you recomend ? and what is Quinns Rock ? Any information you can give would be great, I know the rest of the Girls here on pio would love to know also, Thanks in advance.

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Hey, my friends partner is a scaffolder too, he went out to Perth on a work holiday visa and got a job within a week. He is getting $40 an hour in the mines. She followed him out on a six month holiday visa with her son. He is hoping to get sponsored. Its a bit dodgy as sponsorship could take ages but they are willing to take the chance. My husband is going out there before me and the kids. It is going to be super tough but the safest choice. He is going to be picking out the house, totally dreading it!! We've been on domain and all and I showed him what I like. Most of the properties are new in Perth. I don't think there'll be a problem...

Myra

Hey Myra,

How did the medicals go ?

Hey Myra,

How did the medicals go ?

Grand, not a bother, broke now so I hope we get this visa! Ya know yer man from dragons den with the baldy head from Cork...?? Yeah, he was in the pub next door to the medicals. That was the most exciting part of the day!!

Informed Mam that we could be moving out to her place in September, she was a bit surprised that its so soon...Did Ace give you a quote yet? He rang me Friday lookin for your number - he lost it:skeptical:

Guest Crosby Family
Grand, not a bother, broke now so I hope we get this visa! Ya know yer man from dragons den with the baldy head from Cork...?? Yeah, he was in the pub next door to the medicals. That was the most exciting part of the day!!

Informed Mam that we could be moving out to her place in September, she was a bit surprised that its so soon...Did Ace give you a quote yet? He rang me Friday lookin for your number - he lost it:skeptical:

Yeah he rang me and is comming down tomorrow at 10.30 to have a look will i send him up to you then? dont no bout you but i just want to get it sorted so i can get started on other stuff.It will be between the other crowd and him so we might be able to haggle a bit:tongue:

Yeah he rang me and is comming down tomorrow at 10.30 to have a look will i send him up to you then? dont no bout you but i just want to get it sorted so i can get started on other stuff.It will be between the other crowd and him so we might be able to haggle a bit:tongue:

Do sure, why not. I'm worried that I will have more than 550 cubic feet. I was talkin to my sister in Sydney this morning, she said bring everything, that things are really expensive over there. She said the last thing you'll need is to go spending money on new stuff. They are there 10 months now and still not financially stable. I even said to her about leaving all the pots and cutlery and she ate me, she said just get cheap crap for the renters!!

Guest Crosby Family
Do sure, why not. I'm worried that I will have more than 550 cubic feet. I was talkin to my sister in Sydney this morning, she said bring everything, that things are really expensive over there. She said the last thing you'll need is to go spending money on new stuff. They are there 10 months now and still not financially stable. I even said to her about leaving all the pots and cutlery and she ate me, she said just get cheap crap for the renters!!

I would bring you pots etc of they are newish but if not id leave them you have to be ruthless with what to bring otherwise your gonna have to get a 20ft yourself and then its back up to 4 and 5 grand, my sister said the same but thats fine for them thay dont have to find that kind of money for the container!!!!!

Guest hannash

hey people,,, what is aces web address ,,,is anyone useing them or used them ,, i couldnt get it brought up:unsure:

Guest Crosby Family
hey people,,, what is aces web address ,,,is anyone useing them or used them ,, i couldnt get it brought up:unsure:

Hi Hannash,

ace removals is 01 4016019 look for Joe

Muriel

I would bring you pots etc of they are newish but if not id leave them you have to be ruthless with what to bring otherwise your gonna have to get a 20ft yourself and then its back up to 4 and 5 grand, my sister said the same but thats fine for them thay dont have to find that kind of money for the container!!!!!

We'll see what Joe says when he comes down. RAS is 3112 each with delivery included to both addresses so we'll see....

Guest hannash

jeeeees ,yer man seemed ok until he said 2500 euro for half a container ,,is that what every body else is getting quoted

jeeeees ,yer man seemed ok until he said 2500 euro for half a container ,,is that what every body else is getting quoted

Thats probably goin to be the cheapest, believe me I tried em all....

Guest hannash
Thats probably goin to be the cheapest, believe me I tried em all....

i here ye ,your prob right ,hey kevin where did you do your vetasess test

Guest Crosby Family
We'll see what Joe says when he comes down. RAS is 3112 each with delivery included to both addresses so we'll see....

Myra Paul from oman rang me back just now said he would do it for 3300.00 for the 20ft sharing at 500cubic ft thats door to door, he wont come down on the price for a 40 ft sharing thats still 4195.00 mental money..... What ya think

Guest hannash
Myra Paul from oman rang me back just now said he would do it for 3300.00 for the 20ft sharing at 500cubic ft thats door to door, he wont come down on the price for a 40 ft sharing thats still 4195.00 mental money..... What ya think

forgive me for jumping in,,, can you give me the number of oman if you have it

Archived