Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest Kate10

Hi Hano,

We're doing it ourselves. It's a bit involved alright but very doable if you have the time. Do you have a very complicated situation?

Kate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crosby Family
Hey Crosby i hear ya on the pet, i've a wee cat this 9 years and i can totally get how our feeling, tell your hubby it could be a lot worse...... i cry several times every day and we are only starting this whole process!!!!!! I'm looking for advice again, we are looking for recommendations for an agent. We rang a lady down in kildare but she's on maternity leave and she passed us on to a man in the UK, seems like a very helpful man but his prices seem very steep compared to what some of ye paid!!! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as i'm finding this whole process tough going...:unsure:Thanks in advance....

Hi Hano,

We used AMVL in Clane co Kildare, Katherine was the girl we were dealing with. phone number is 045 868322 tell her Muriel Crosby gave you there number. there is also another girl that ive have is very good will find out for you from one of the girls here on pio.Its weird but i never really had a cry when we were starting the visa think i was just soooooo caught up in gettin it in before the july deadline that i just didnt get time to thing of what or how i would feel once we got it. and now im a wreck..... typical eh!

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Hano,

We used AMVL in Clane co Kildare, Katherine was the girl we were dealing with. phone number is 045 868322 tell her Muriel Crosby gave you there number. there is also another girl that ive have is very good will find out for you from one of the girls here on pio.Its weird but i never really had a cry when we were starting the visa think i was just soooooo caught up in gettin it in before the july deadline that i just didnt get time to thing of what or how i would feel once we got it. and now im a wreck..... typical eh!

Try Liz O Honan, dont have a number do sorry .If Triona is on pio later she might pick up on this and give you the number .

Muriel

Kate its not a complicated situation as such but would be afraid of messing up and delaying the whole process!!!

Muriel thanks a mil for your reply, i'll get James on to that no in the morning, he's the talker really and he's the one doing all the research! It was Liz O Hagan that we contacted and she said she would get somebody to ring me back and a John Adams from the UK rang me back?! Hope the tears dry up for you! Think i'm dehydrated here, no tears today, yipee!!! :-)

Karen

Guest Crosby Family
Kate its not a complicated situation as such but would be afraid of messing up and delaying the whole process!!!

Muriel thanks a mil for your reply, i'll get James on to that no in the morning, he's the talker really and he's the one doing all the research! It was Liz O Hagan that we contacted and she said she would get somebody to ring me back and a John Adams from the UK rang me back?! Hope the tears dry up for you! Think i'm dehydrated here, no tears today, yipee!!! :-)

Karen

Your more than welcome hun anything else i can help ya with just let me no, glad your dry today lol............. Im gonna be like a waterfall tomorrow when my baby goes up north to her new home:cry::cry::cry::cry:Muriel

Hey Crosby i hear ya on the pet, i've a wee cat this 9 years and i can totally get how our feeling, tell your hubby it could be a lot worse...... i cry several times every day and we are only starting this whole process!!!!!! I'm looking for advice again, we are looking for recommendations for an agent. We rang a lady down in kildare but she's on maternity leave and she passed us on to a man in the UK, seems like a very helpful man but his prices seem very steep compared to what some of ye paid!!! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as i'm finding this whole process tough going...:unsure:Thanks in advance....
Hi Hano,I used Visa first.Found them good although they make you do almost everything, the crowd in clane are probably better for advising you when doing it yourself.I started the process in march/april and had medicals yesterday,so not bad if your in a hurry!Derek.

hi derek,thanks for that ,could u tell me how much they charged you? best of luck,OH half would love to get it quicker :-)

Guest waltzing maltida

Hi Hano

We used Liz O'Hagan and could not speak highly enough of her. she adviced us and helped point us in the right direction. She will do as much or a little for you as you need. We did everything ourselves but she checked our application before we sent it and adviced what supporting documents to attach etc.... I have a friend that have used other visa agents and were ripped off. If you need anymore info PM me.

Good luck with the process.....

Hi Hano

We used Liz O'Hagan and could not speak highly enough of her. she adviced us and helped point us in the right direction. She will do as much or a little for you as you need. We did everything ourselves but she checked our application before we sent it and adviced what supporting documents to attach etc.... I have a friend that have used other visa agents and were ripped off. If you need anymore info PM me.

Good luck with the process.....

Hi,

We're hoping to start ball rolling in January - soon as husband updates welding codes, I'm not sure how to send PM - could you PM me a rough idea of how much Liz charged, you seem to have got through the whole thing real quick, when are you going.

karen

can somebody please let me know which level of the IETLS i need for my visa 176 I already have my letter of determination from my skills assessment and am applying for state sponsorhip, need to book test soon i cant seem to find a definite answer

can somebody please let me know which level of the IETLS i need for my visa 176 I already have my letter of determination from my skills assessment and am applying for state sponsorhip, need to book test soon i cant seem to find a definite answer

I read somewhere that you can ask the people who did your skills assessment for the IETLS letter needed, it might be worth a try. Or go on the VIsa First website and you can talk online with advisor - they might be able to help.

karen

I read somewhere that you can ask the people who did your skills assessment for the IETLS letter needed, it might be worth a try. Or go on the VIsa First website and you can talk online with advisor - they might be able to help.

karen

hi karen thanks for that but have tried them and still no definite answer, am really undecide whether to proceed with visa or not, not sure it will be all that we think it is

hi karen thanks for that but have tried them and still no definite answer, am really undecide whether to proceed with visa or not, not sure it will be all that we think it is

You sound not ready to go yet but if I can give you any advise i'll tell you what happened to us. We talked about going 10 years ago, even looked into visas etc but I couldn't make up my mind, couldn't bear the thought of leaving family etc. We came into a bit of money- not lots but I had been playing with idea of opening my own business, so i decided to stay and give it a go. In the last 2 years we've lost our house to bank, had to move 4 times to find good rental, my husband was let go and hasn't found good job in over a year, i closed my business a few months ago, we've spent many days where we didn't know how we were going to feed our children, i hardly see my family anymore and i'm only 35. I kick myself everyday we didn't go when we had the chance and are now doing everything we can to get the money to get there and start afresh. Don't get me wrong I don't expect to arrive in Perth and everything to be suddenly perfect but I'm sick of the negative attitudes here and don't want my children having to suffer our mistakes now and in the future. We have no quality of life here, no chance of decent paying work (my husband is a qualified welder and he would be at least 50€ down a week to what his dole is if he was to take the best welding job he was offered here) :arghh: i don't intend to ever come back.

Guest irishchicko
I have been told that singapore airelines are great and they have the A380 did you hear anyting about them?

Thanks

Hiya,

sorry for the late reply. I think Singapore Airlines do the A380 airbus as well and are suppossed to be the no. 1 airline or so I've heard anyway.

Have you flights booked?

Guest Crosby Family
Hiya,

sorry for the late reply. I think Singapore Airlines do the A380 airbus as well and are suppossed to be the no. 1 airline or so I've heard anyway.

Have you flights booked?

Hi Ya,

We booked our flights with Singapore Airlines and we leave on the 6th of Oct.............:shocked:Muriel

Guest irishchicko
Hi Ya,

We booked our flights with Singapore Airlines and we leave on the 6th of Oct.............:shocked:Muriel

Thats great news muriel. Exciting times so. We are hoping to have visa next week touch wood. Do you mind me asking how much were flights and did u get extra baggage allowance?

Hi Ya,

Thats great Muriel, it must be wonderful(but scary) to have a date now. did you settle on a company for shipping? How have your friends and family reacted.

karen

Guest Crosby Family
Thats great news muriel. Exciting times so. We are hoping to have visa next week touch wood. Do you mind me asking how much were flights and did u get extra baggage allowance?

Hi Ya,

Its been a crazy week , my Persian cat went to her new home up north yesterday, cried like a baby, have another cat and a Dalmation to find homes for, getting bloody emails all nite about the other cat, wish they would just ring so i could talk and find out about them etc,anyways sorry for that little rant....... answer to you question. For 3 Adults it was 2500.00 we booked online so we could pick our seats and we leave from your home town. extra baggage you have to ring Dublin and pay a fee if you go back a few pages on this thread i posted all about the allowances etc

Hope this helps, anymore questions just ask

Muriel x

Guest Crosby Family
Thats great Muriel, it must be wonderful(but scary) to have a date now. did you settle on a company for shipping? How have your friends and family reacted.

karen

Hi Karen,

As i was saying to IrishChicko its been a crazy week, We got one reasonable Quote just wating on a guy to come on tue and see what he has to say then make a decision, need our stuff to go 2 wks before we go, we have short term rental sorted also. thank god i was starting to panic.Told some of the Family did'nt bother with the rest as i dont see them from one end of the yr to the next, and there is 2 i dont talk to, Im the youngest of 11 so we have our moments.....To be honest Karen a lot of why we are moving is Work, Better life for Cameron and FAMILY.... Both sides.So i wont be holding my breath on any big Farewell do....LOL.

Muriel x

Hi Karen,

As i was saying to IrishChicko its been a crazy week, We got one reasonable Quote just wating on a guy to come on tue and see what he has to say then make a decision, need our stuff to go 2 wks before we go, we have short term rental sorted also. thank god i was starting to panic.Told some of the Family did'nt bother with the rest as i dont see them from one end of the yr to the next, and there is 2 i dont talk to, Im the youngest of 11 so we have our moments.....To be honest Karen a lot of why we are moving is Work, Better life for Cameron and FAMILY.... Both sides.So i wont be holding my breath on any big Farewell do....LOL.

Muriel x

Know exactly what you mean with family, both sides here too!! Can't wait to see the back of most of them. True the saying you find out who your friends are when things go bad but family can be so cruel!

Anyway - stop worrying about your pets, you'll find good homes. We've only a rabbit now, our very loved dog died last year, so I won't be going through as much as you to say goodbye - rabbit drives me mad, loves to eat the skirting boards after he escapes his hutch. Thats great you've got somewhere organised already to stay - where did you find that, have been looking at tons of sites but god some of them charge stupid amounts.

I,m back motoring on Thursday - getting a loan of a car from a friend for a couple of weeks so just PM me a day and time for any day after thurs and i'd love to meet up.

Karen

Guest Crosby Family
Know exactly what you mean with family, both sides here too!! Can't wait to see the back of most of them. True the saying you find out who your friends are when things go bad but family can be so cruel!

Anyway - stop worrying about your pets, you'll find good homes. We've only a rabbit now, our very loved dog died last year, so I won't be going through as much as you to say goodbye - rabbit drives me mad, loves to eat the skirting boards after he escapes his hutch. Thats great you've got somewhere organised already to stay - where did you find that, have been looking at tons of sites but god some of them charge stupid amounts.

I,m back motoring on Thursday - getting a loan of a car from a friend for a couple of weeks so just PM me a day and time for any day after thurs and i'd love to meet up.

Karen

I know what you mean bout them being cruel..... We got our short term on www.holidaylettings.co.uk tried sooooo many sites and we got back some crazy prices between 900 and 1000 dollars a bloody week!!!!! we are staying in Quinns Rock in sandsandare name of house and the woman that owens it has been really helpfull with info for Schools , Carehire etc. Thats great that you will be soon back motoring say you wont know yourself when you get back on the road!!!! you wont want to go home LOL!!!! PM Myra and see what time and Date suits her cause she has the kids my lad is big enough to do without me for a few hrs and i will gladly meet up with ye both,and we can have a good gossip and rant LOL

Muriel x:wub::wub:

Hi Kaz11,

Send you a pm.

I will be giving my inlaws, a good ole wave out the window of the plane!!!!!

I lived in Perth before, we had a great sense of freedom, when it came to bank hols, you could do want you wanted, not answering to anyone. I feel I wont be leaving family behind, I will have my little family on the plane with me. My family are all over the world at the min, several in Oz, Italy, Sweden, UK, so we all keep in touch via FB and skype.

Ive only told a few of our plans, I dont want to be listening to, you have kids now, and the recession is worldwide etc etc etc. We have lived in Perth before, and know we have a better future there.

Best of luck everyone, and will have to have a barbi in Kings Park or something when we all get over there.

Cheers Cazmayo

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Kaz11,

Send you a pm.

I will be giving my inlaws, a good ole wave out the window of the plane!!!!!

I lived in Perth before, we had a great sense of freedom, when it came to bank hols, you could do want you wanted, not answering to anyone. I feel I wont be leaving family behind, I will have my little family on the plane with me. My family are all over the world at the min, several in Oz, Italy, Sweden, UK, so we all keep in touch via FB and skype.

Ive only told a few of our plans, I dont want to be listening to, you have kids now, and the recession is worldwide etc etc etc. We have lived in Perth before, and know we have a better future there.

Best of luck everyone, and will have to have a barbi in Kings Park or something when we all get over there.

Cheers Cazmayo

We will look forward to the Barbi Cazmayo, You doing the Cooking !!!!!

muriel

LOL the men do the cooking on the barbi!!!! Bonus!!!

Ill pour the drinks!!!!

cheers cazmayo

MEN COOK!!!! Get me out there quik:biglaugh: Can't wait now. That will be great.

Archived