Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest Inchicore
Hi all

What is the story with driving licenses out there? Can you transfer an irish license for an Australian one or do you need to take the test again?

Thanks

Hi Chiara,

The irish driving license can be exchanged with an australian driving licence at the Motor tax office in the area where you are living, you do not have to do the test again but you need to provide any 3 forms of Identification, ID with photo (passport) proof of an address (i.e.electricity bill) and a reference from your bank as proof of address or an australian credit card will do it.

:hug:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Inchicore
Hi all

What is the story with driving licenses out there? Can you transfer an irish license for an Australian one or do you need to take the test again?

Thanks

Hi Chiara,

The irish driving license can be exchanged with an australian driving licence at the Motor tax office in the area where you are living, you do not have to do the test again but you need to provide any 3 forms of Identification, ID with photo (passport) proof of an address (i.e.electricity bill) and a reference from your australian bank as proof of an address or an australian credit card will do it.

:hug:

Guest vegas1977

hey guys just done medicals yesterday so time to get practical does anybody know what the work situation for the trades is like at the mo(perth)?? also is anybody taking their tools with them and got a quote??

thanks

al and olivia

Hi KAZZ11,

how are ye doing with your visa? if you need any info pm me and i will help you as much as i can.

Have'nt seen you on this forum for a while.

M

Hi Crosby family,

Haven't been able to use internet for over a week - flipping O2 and technical problems:mad:, felt like one of my limbs had been cut off - really missed reading pio. We are working really hard to sort out things at moment - but we're not rushing - wish i could win the lotto and go the next day. husband also changed car recently and it broke a few days later - have to come up with 1000 to get it fixed, so have been stuck out in country with no internet, car and bored kids. had to postpone meeting agents until car thing sorted. Oh get me out of here!!!!!!:arghh:

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Crosby family,

Haven't been able to use internet for over a week - flipping O2 and technical problems:mad:, felt like one of my limbs had been cut off - really missed reading pio. We are working really hard to sort out things at moment - but we're not rushing - wish i could win the lotto and go the next day. husband also changed car recently and it broke a few days later - have to come up with 1000 to get it fixed, so have been stuck out in country with no internet, car and bored kids. had to postpone meeting agents until car thing sorted. Oh get me out of here!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi KAZZ11,

Ah ya poor thing your after having a bad week, hopefully things will get better.There has been a lot happening lately load of CO appointed and even better visa's granted.We had our medicals in cork on mon so just wating again!!!!! thats never ending......:arghh:

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Was just getin ready to head down town and do a few bits.Where and what time do you fancy that coffee in Macdonagh?

Hi Myra,

Really enjoyed the meet up today was great to talk to someone else going through the same as us.

Must do it again.

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Crosby family - will post it today for you x

Hi Sinead,

Got the forms for the police cert today, thanks a million.

Muriel x

Hi KAZZ11,

Ah ya poor thing your after having a bad week, hopefully things will get better.There has been a lot happening lately load of CO appointed and even better visa's granted.We had our medicals in cork on mon so just wating again!!!!! thats never ending......:arghh:

Muriel

Hi Muriel,

Thanks, i'm keeping my fingers crossed it all happens quick for you - can't wait to hear what you think of it out there!!! Where the medicals hard?

Karen

Hi Myra,

Really enjoyed the meet up today was great to talk to someone else going through the same as us.

Must do it again.

Muriel

Hey Muriel,

Yeah It was great. Really good to put a face to the name. Looked up Yinchep, prob a bit too far away for us especially since the kids are so small but its' close to the coast and the houses are stunning!! Been doin alot of thinking since we spoke, really wish I could go with Kevin in september. I spoke to him about it this morn and we just don't have the money:sad: It's going to be tough....

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Muriel,

Thanks, i'm keeping my fingers crossed it all happens quick for you - can't wait to hear what you think of it out there!!! Where the medicals hard?

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for that im on the DIAC website looking all the time so hopefully it will all be Met sooooooon.Medicals were grand just weight,height,eye test,listen to heart and chest ,little feel of the tummy area. and bloods for HIV my hubby and son were in and out in a flash i was a bit longer with my Doc but she was so nice. then over to Euromedicals for chest xray.Make sure you have ehealth forms as they go quicker.

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Got our police clearances today!!

Nice one Myra knew you'd get them, I have 'nt checked the post yet been replying to everyone and im still in my pjs:yes:x

Hi Everyone,

I've been re-reading the posts on the medicals and as i haven't been to see an advisor yet i was hoping maybe one of you could help with a question. I have a condition called sarcoidosis which i don't take any medication for and which so far hasn't caused me any problems. Does having a current condition mean I might fail the medical. It would break my heart if we couldn't go because of this. I tried a few years ago to get life insurance and they wanted 3 & a 1/2 times more for my policy than my husbands because i said i had this!

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Everyone,

Got our Police Clearence back today, just wating on Medicals to be Met and bloods,nearly there:smile:

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Everyone,

I've been re-reading the posts on the medicals and as i haven't been to see an advisor yet i was hoping maybe one of you could help with a question. I have a condition called sarcoidosis which i don't take any medication for and which so far hasn't caused me any problems. Does having a current condition mean I might fail the medical. It would break my heart if we couldn't go because of this. I tried a few years ago to get life insurance and they wanted 3 & a 1/2 times more for my policy than my husbands because i said i had this!

Hi Karen,

Best thing to do would be to ring an agent and they will tell you if it may be a problem or not, I would'nt like to say either way so here is the number of the agent we are using in Clane Co Kildare

045 868322 ask for Katherine she is an agent for AMVL. Hope you get a positive response.

Muriel

Hi Karen,

Best thing to do would be to ring an agent and they will tell you if it may be a problem or not, I would'nt like to say either way so here is the number of the agent we are using in Clane Co Kildare

045 868322 ask for Katherine she is an agent for AMVL. Hope you get a positive response.

Muriel

Hi Muriel,

Thanks, I'm hoping to make appointments in next week to go speak with Katherine (depends on car being fixed!!!). :goofy: Just had a panic attack yesterday when the thought of not getting a visa over it came into my head - god I'm dying to go. Have you noticed everything on TV and papers lately seems to be based in or about Australia, I've even begun watching Home and Away (LOL) - I can't get enough of anything to do with it now. karen

Karen

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Muriel,

Thanks, I'm hoping to make appointments in next week to go speak with Katherine (depends on car being fixed!!!). :goofy: Just had a panic attack yesterday when the thought of not getting a visa over it came into my head - god I'm dying to go. Have you noticed everything on TV and papers lately seems to be based in or about Australia, I've even begun watching Home and Away (LOL) - I can't get enough of anything to do with it now. karen

Karen

Hi Karen,

God you really have it bad if your watching Home and Away:biglaugh: Im sure if you write down questions you have for Katherine she will be able to give you answers even by phone, thats what I did and then we went from there.I hate this wating around I just hope we get positive results from medicals and everything is met asap im cracking up!!!!!!

Let me know how you get on with AMVL anyways.

Muriel x

Guest Crosby Family
Wats wrong with Home and Away....??

Are you serious Myra!!!!!!! Dont tell me you watch it to, you and Karen should get together. LOL:laugh:X

Guest Crosby Family
I will do - i've fingers,toes etc crossed for you - can't wait to hear your good news. Good Luck

Hi Karen,

Thanks a mill hope it happens soooooooon!!!!!!

Mm79 is a fan of Home and Away too so your not alone LOL

Muriel x

Are you serious Myra!!!!!!! Dont tell me you watch it to, you and Karen should get together. LOL:laugh:X

Don't mind her Myra - bet ye she watches too - definite closet fan always denies:biglaugh:

Guest Crosby Family
Don't mind her Myra - bet ye she watches too - definite closet fan always denies:biglaugh:

HA! HA! Very funny Karen, we will be laughing about this hopefully when were sitting in your place in oz having a cooooool beer watching........HOME and AWAY:tongue:X

Can't wait!!!! What part are yourself and Myra looking at. I keep going back to look at safety bay area, but will more than likely wait till there to decide, just rent short term for a month or two and have a good look around first.

Archived