Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Hi Ditchcutter, I cant rem exactly the price i was given for the mater it was around 900 euro corl works out at 150.00 per adult 120.00 per child and 85.00 for x rays with 60.00 for my son.We dont have a CO yet but i still booked in for 18 July cheeky i know but things seem to be moving fast with DIAC.Who is your agent? Where in Perth are you heading for?

M

Hi crosby family,

Thats a lot better value,but with little time Dublin is easier for us.Not sure where in Perth well head.My OH has relatives there,shes sent them emails to find out but havent heard much back,maybe they dont want a crowd bumming off them!Hope to find somewhere near schools,industrial areas etc.Derek.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crosby Family
Hi crosby family,

Thats a lot better value,but with little time Dublin is easier for us.Not sure where in Perth well head.My OH has relatives there,shes sent them emails to find out but havent heard much back,maybe they dont want a crowd bumming off them!Hope to find somewhere near schools,industrial areas etc.Derek.

Hi Derek,

We are going with cork as it is easier for us i just hope we get a CO before our appointment as god only knows when we will gwt another appointment as they seem busy.We are hoping to stay around ocean reef area as my son likes ocean reef high and prendiville catholic ,but if we go by nov we are going to stay in butler as school starts in feb so short term there.

Muriel

Guest AE101

Has anyone got the contact details for the mater hospital, think ill go ahead and book medicals while waiting for CO.

Thanks

Aisling:smile:

here you go AE101. we found the hostpial to be very good and helpfull.

Cork

Medical Clinic

Belvedere Surgery

Ardfallen Mall

Douglas Road, Cork

Telephone: +353 21 4294 777

Doctor(s):

Dr D O'Connell

Dr Margaret Ryan

Radiology Clinic

Euromedic Cork

Eglinton Street, Cork

Telephone: +353 21 431 9995

Dublin

Medical and Radiology Clinic

Health Check

Level 5, Mater Private Hospital

Eccles Street

Dublin 7

Telephone: +353 1 8858 850 (for appointments)

Email: australianvisas@materprivate.ie (for medical appointments)

Doctor(s):

Dr Patrick Kelly

Dr Martin Maguire

Dr Colette Nolan

Hi Kaz11,

are you with an agent? We had one consultation with Liz O'Hagan, (regiestered with MARA) She gave us all the details we needed to seek our visa solo, which we have done from the start, from Boots getting assessed by Victoria Uni, State Sponsorship and then lodging for visa online. (these were our only expenses $3500 roughly) The only thing we are waiting on is our medicals (€740) which are being done in Mater on 21st July, everything else has met their requirements. pm if you need any info

Becks

We haven,t been to see anyone yet, but will be giving Liz a call soon to make appointment, thanks for all your help

KAZ, we done ours without an agent and was fine, would recommend it to anyone, saves a packet, and if its online its far quicker too.

Will be doing it that way too, just want to see an agent for advise esp now new points system in today. Whereabouts are you heading in perth or have you got that far yet?

we heading to the joondalup area. Tapping at first then look about to see where we like and that suits us etc. we have friends in Tapping

You must be so excited, how was your family when you told them:chatterbox:

Guest Jadeanna

Hi All, we had a good offer on our house today. But, would still have to substitute the mortgage. Due to the interest rate increase this month :arghh:We are meeting with our lender in 2 weeks so will let you all know how that goes! When reading about the 176 visa's on this thread, I feel lucky to be applying for a 457 visa.

We are looking at starting off in Leederville. Because we don't have kids we will look at renting an apartment somewhere "Trendy" with cafe's etc. My sister is also making the move with her partner and two kids so she is looking at renting in Ocean Reef or Scarborough. She wants somewere quiet with a beach close by and schools, because she has a 3 and 5 year old she is looking for something different to me. Eventually if I have kids I would move to a quieter area. If you have you tube look up "relocation down under" there is a fantastic episode with a British family looking to buy in Perth and they settle on Ocean Reef. It's really worth a watch.

I have relation's living in Jarrahdale. My Aunty has an Irish pub. "The Jarrahdale Tavern"

Jadeanna x

thanks for that info, i tried to watch the youtube thing, but it say it cant show it in my country !!!!!

lol

Hi All, we had a good offer on our house today. But, would still have to substitute the mortgage. Due to the interest rate increase this month :arghh:We are meeting with our lender in 2 weeks so will let you all know how that goes! When reading about the 176 visa's on this thread, I feel lucky to be applying for a 457 visa.

We are looking at starting off in Leederville. Because we don't have kids we will look at renting an apartment somewhere "Trendy" with cafe's etc. My sister is also making the move with her partner and two kids so she is looking at renting in Ocean Reef or Scarborough. She wants somewere quiet with a beach close by and schools, because she has a 3 and 5 year old she is looking for something different to me. Eventually if I have kids I would move to a quieter area. If you have you tube look up "relocation down under" there is a fantastic episode with a British family looking to buy in Perth and they settle on Ocean Reef. It's really worth a watch.

I have relation's living in Jarrahdale. My Aunty has an Irish pub. "The Jarrahdale Tavern"

Jadeanna x

Guest Jadeanna

They say the processing time for a 457 is 6 weeks. But some people get approved in 1 week. It depends on the case officer and how straight forward your situation is. I know the 457 is the quickest anyway.

Ah pity you can not watch the programme :@(

I am not using a visa agent either. You save a fortune!! I have been emailing the Perth Center of Excellence for any queries, questions and they answer with in a day or two.

I am bringing my dog so the money I save on the agent will cover shipping my dog!

Seriously guys this can not happen quick enough. I would go tomorrow if I could.

Guest Crosby Family
They say the processing time for a 457 is 6 weeks. But some people get approved in 1 week. It depends on the case officer and how straight forward your situation is. I know the 457 is the quickest anyway.

Ah pity you can not watch the programme :@(

I am not using a visa agent either. You save a fortune!! I have been emailing the Perth Center of Excellence for any queries, questions and they answer with in a day or two.

I am bringing my dog so the money I save on the agent will cover shipping my dog!

Seriously guys this can not happen quick enough. I would go tomorrow if I could.

Hi Jadeanna,

How much is it to bring your dog ? I have a persian cat that i love sooooooo much but with the costs so far for everything and now we still have the shipping and flights to do dont no if we can bring her.

M

Guest Crosby Family

Hi ,

Has anyone done there medicals in dublin or Cork and been asked for smear test results?????

On one of the other forums someone was asked for it.from England so just wondering if its just down to the panel doctor you go with

Hi all,

As regards using agents i know it costs loads.But on further research:tongue: if you mess up they charge you again for another go w.hen you re apply.If im wrong let me know as its too late if already shelled out.Also sorry to the other readers about having to lodge 40 grand,this is a condition but apparently they dont check when you go.Hope we all meet up out there when go out for an auld sessiun!

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Crosby Family,

I saw that post and sent a email to a friend of mine who had her medical in Dublin last week. She said she wasnt asked for any smear test results.

cheers cazmayo

Hi Cazmayo,

Thanks for that we are booked in for our medicals in cork so hopefully they are the same.How are things going for you visa wise?

M

Guest Jadeanna
Hi Jadeanna,

How much is it to bring your dog ? I have a persian cat that i love sooooooo much but with the costs so far for everything and now we still have the shipping and flights to do dont no if we can bring her.

M

Hi Crosby Family,

To bring your cat you would first need to get an import permit.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/application

When you have your dates you can book your cat into Perth Quarantine

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/accom

Then arrange to visit your vet and get your cat's tests done. The vet will then stamp the permit.

Your cat would travel on Quantas to Perth, and the Quarantine will pick her/him up at the airport. They need to spend 30 day's in quarantine.

www.airsea.ie are a company that can book the flight and do the Airway Bill for you. The price will depend on the weight of the cat and what size crate he/she needs. By the way airsea charge €95 for the crate but, you can buy one much cheaper in a pet shop.

You are looking at around €3k all in. It is expensive, but I just couldn't leave my dog even though I have had offers of a good home for her. :hug:

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Crosby Family,

To bring your cat you would first need to get an import permit.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/application

When you have your dates you can book your cat into Perth Quarantine

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/accom

Then arrange to visit your vet and get your cat's tests done. The vet will then stamp the permit.

Your cat would travel on Quantas to Perth, and the Quarantine will pick her/him up at the airport. They need to spend 30 day's in quarantine.

www.airsea.ie are a company that can book the flight and do the Airway Bill for you. The price will depend on the weight of the cat and what size crate he/she needs. By the way airsea charge €95 for the crate but, you can buy one much cheaper in a pet shop.

You are looking at around €3k all in. It is expensive, but I just couldn't leave my dog even though I have had offers of a good home for her. :hug:

Thanks for the info

M

Ditchcutter,

We are family of 3 going on SS to WA on 176 visa, we were also told by visa first that we would need to say we will have E40,000 but will not be required to lodge the money prior to going nor will we have to prove we have it when we get there, they said they take it on good faith that we are being honest....bout the only thing we have'nt had to prove mind!!

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering for those of you that have your visa, Where did you find short term rental, I have tried stayz.com and hollidayletting.co .uk but anything in the Butler/Quinnrock area for Nov/Dec is soooooooo Expensive in the $900 plus region.Is there anywere else i can tr????? Any info would be great....

Thanks

M

Ditchcutter,

We are family of 3 going on SS to WA on 176 visa, we were also told by visa first that we would need to say we will have E40,000 but will not be required to lodge the money prior to going nor will we have to prove we have it when we get there, they said they take it on good faith that we are being honest....bout the only thing we have'nt had to prove mind!!

Hi sinead,

Yeah i have learnt this thanks to this thread.Our medicals are booked for 3rd aug in the Mater.Hope thats the last of the money i have to shell out.This whole experience is costly,i just hope i dont have a record in oz from a previous trip 7 years ago!(had to get an oz police check done).I wont miss this overpriced ,wet hole of a country! but ill still be proud to be irish!!Good with everything!!Derek.:jiggy:

Archived