Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Hi we are a young Irish family here in Perth. Hubby 33 , myself 30 and our daughter 19 months. Been here 7 months now. It would be lovely to get a meet up group for us all established.

It would be really great to have a chat as we are so scared about the move! I am 32 my wife is 29 and we have 2 boys aged 10 and 1.

What area you living in? We are hoping to move somewhere in the Northern suburbs and hoping to arrive at the end of August:biggrin:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Natty T
Hi, we are from N,Ireland and also hoping to be heading to Perth sometime early 2012 thinking of settling in Bulter. We are a family of 5 myself aged 35, hubby 34 (carpenter) and 3 daughters aged 18, 12 and 9. we just have our visa lodged end of may, so no case officer yet but hope things wont take to long.

Hi my hubby is from N Ireland and a carpenter too. We are hoping to be in Perth jan2012, we got our visa in march. We have 4 children 12, 10, 6 and 5. Where abouts in N Ireland are you? Good luck with your visa :smile:

Guest Sue1203

Hi everyone

We are heading off to Perth on July 28th and if anyone needs any info on shippers please let me know as we were going to use a reputable one which I would rather not say online (if anyone wants to private message me to find out, no probs) but lets just say very unprofessional and in the end we are going with ACE Movers and I have to say WOW!!! Absolutely brillant and soooooooo helpful and informative and can't do enough for us and got a fantastic price for a 40ft container with our 2 cars and quads and household.

Anyway, also we are using Fergus who is over in Perth and he arranges your temporary accomodation and helps you with rentals etc and picks you up from the airport and I have to say, also very helpful (anyone wants his details, let me know) considering moving to a different country is stressful enough so the more people that can help you, the better is what I say and then hopefully we will be able to return the favour when we get over there and are settled, we will be able to help other newbies :)

S

x:hug:

Hi everyone

We are heading off to Perth on July 28th and if anyone needs any info on shippers please let me know as we were going to use a reputable one which I would rather not say online (if anyone wants to private message me to find out, no probs) but lets just say very unprofessional and in the end we are going with ACE Movers and I have to say WOW!!! Absolutely brillant and soooooooo helpful and informative and can't do enough for us and got a fantastic price for a 40ft container with our 2 cars and quads and household.

Anyway, also we are using Fergus who is over in Perth and he arranges your temporary accomodation and helps you with rentals etc and picks you up from the airport and I have to say, also very helpful (anyone wants his details, let me know) considering moving to a different country is stressful enough so the more people that can help you, the better is what I say and then hopefully we will be able to return the favour when we get over there and are settled, we will be able to help other newbies :)

S

x:hug:

Hi There, Nice to know loadsa of us going so would be nice to arrange regular meet-up's!

What excactly does fergus who ya mentioned do? Wouldnt mind if you could send me more info via PM if possible

Cheers:biggrin:

Guest Sue1203
Hi There, Nice to know loadsa of us going so would be nice to arrange regular meet-up's!

What excactly does fergus who ya mentioned do? Wouldnt mind if you could send me more info via PM if possible

Cheers:biggrin:

Hi ya,

Basically he will arrange ur temp accommodation and then bring u around long term rentals and help you with getting one and picks u up from airport when u arrive and just in general helps u out. We just find him extremely helpful and informative.

S

x

Hiya, we are hopefully heading over in August, DH has been sponsored so things are going quite quickly. We are Me, Dh and Ben 4 and Toby 1. Dh is going to based in the CBD so havn't really decided were we want to be yet except near the beach!

I am from Wexford, DH is from Antrim and our 2 boys are Kiwis. This is our second big move overseas. We stupidly came home from New Zealand last September relised the mistake straight away and decided to try Oz. The boys don't need visas so it is just ours that we are waiting on.

Hi Irishdancing

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland are you from? I was looking at places around Butler too. The school in the area looks good.

We are hoping to move there between November and January. We are from South Down and have two daughters, 12 and 14.

Best of luck with the visa.

Guest Crosby Family

Hi everyone, new to all of this. we are from Kilkenny me my hubby and 12 yr old son, moving to Perth

Hi Irishdancing

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland are you from? I was looking at places around Butler too. The school in the area looks good.

We are hoping to move there between November and January. We are from South Down and have two daughters, 12 and 14.

Best of luck with the visa.

Hi we are from derry, we have a few friends living in butler and believe its a great place to live. when did u lodge your visa!!

Hi guys,

Also hoping to move to Perth end of year.

Hubby carpenter, 3 kids, 7,4, 2.

Have lived in Perth before, 10 years ago, but this is a big move, with kids and house to sort etc.

Perth is just beautiful and work seems to be plentiful. Low unemployment. Scratching around for bits here!!!

Kind Regards

Cazmayo

Hi we are from derry, we have a few friends living in butler and believe its a great place to live. when did u lodge your visa!!

Hi There. Living in Donegal at the minute. Heading to Perth Late August. Hoping on Butler area or somewhere around there as well.:biggrin:

Guest YingYing

Hi ya, We are Ying (30) and Steve (34 ), heading to Perth in mid July.

Not from Ireland, but were living in Ireland for my last 10 years. hopefully that would count us for the thread? :))

looking forward to see you guys down to Perth soon!!

loads of lucks!!

xx

Ying

Hi do u have any kids, just would love for them to meet some kids before we would go!!

Sorry for late reply. Yes we have 2 boys. One is aged 10 and the other is aged 1 (big gap!)

We just got our Visa granted today:biggrin: Yes we would meet up no problem. It is such a daunting process! I am going as a Plasterer. What about yourselves?

Sorry for late reply. Yes we have 2 boys. One is aged 10 and the other is aged 1 (big gap!)

We just got our Visa granted today:biggrin: Yes we would meet up no problem. It is such a daunting process! I am going as a Plasterer. What about yourselves?

Thats fab news about your visa.:smile: i think the stress may only begin now!!!

my hubby is a carpenter and we only lodged our visa on 31st May so we have heard

nothing yet but fingers crossed it wont b to long. has it taken u long to get your visa?

Thats fab news about your visa.:smile: i think the stress may only begin now!!!

my hubby is a carpenter and we only lodged our visa on 31st May so we have heard

nothing yet but fingers crossed it wont b to long. has it taken u long to get your visa?

2 Years!! So frustrating it was but finally here so the hard work only starts now. have so much to do!

We thought it was state sponsorship we had applied for and so did the agent however we have been granted the 175 which means we are not tied to a certain state. Its really scary now. We have never even been on a reccie trip so its going to be one real big experience:biggrin:

Hi Everyone, we are in the very early stages of planning, aiming to be in Perth late 2012. I'm 35, husband is 36. We're currently in Meath but both dubs. I've just closed my shop and my husband made redundant over year ago. We have 3 children, 15, 8 & 5. Would go tomorrow but need to save and oh yes - visa but terrifed we'll apply for the wrong one. Has anyone used an agent - and are they worth it? OH is currently updating his welding codes - so any advise from other welders would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Sue1203
Hi Everyone, we are in the very early stages of planning, aiming to be in Perth late 2012. I'm 35, husband is 36. We're currently in Meath but both dubs. I've just closed my shop and my husband made redundant over year ago. We have 3 children, 15, 8 & 5. Would go tomorrow but need to save and oh yes - visa but terrifed we'll apply for the wrong one. Has anyone used an agent - and are they worth it? OH is currently updating his welding codes - so any advise from other welders would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ya

I have to say we used Australian Migrations in Clane...there number is 045 868 322 and they were fantastic throughout the whole process and would highly recommend them. They will tell you straight off which visa is best for you and will tell you straight off whether you qualify before handing over any money and first consultation free. But don't forget new changes coming in July, not sure whether you are aware of them but they will be able to advise you.

We are heading out on July 28 and shippers coming next Tues to take everything including vehicles so I think reality will set in then and I will have a meltdown!!!!! :)

If you need any help or advice, no probs, there is a great crowd on here that are really informative and helpful so you have come to the right place.

S

x

Hi all we are also from N.Ireland ( Lisburn), and we are heading to Perth next Jan 2012, prob joondalup area. elaine is a Nurse and we have 2 girls, aged 5 and 10.

if anyone interested we have a thread on here for a meet up on 9th July 2011 at the belfast museum at botanic grdns, about 2pm..

from i aware the HULLS are going lol, is that rite guys!!!! you still going yeh, and a few others cpls going too.

if you are interested sure either just come along or contact us on 07516847181 or facebook, chris johnson, lisburn.

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Everyone, our 176 application was lodged 15 June. We are hoping to move to Perth / Ocean Reef area before the year is out....Fingers crossed. its me my OH and our soon to be 12yr old son going and we just cant wait. Started the visa process 14 feb with Skill Assessment, TRA then WA ss so its been a whirlwind 4 months.We to are using AMVL in Clane, and find them great.

Where is everyone from? We live in Kilkenny....

Muriel

Hi Irishdancing

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in the North Sea and the internet was down.

My employer lodged the nomination last week. I was told that the whole process should take about four months. I am really hoping that we can get down to Oz during the school Summer holidays.

I'm giving serious consideration to Brisbane now. I have a friend there and my wife has friends from South Africa in Brisbane.

Guest Rob T

Hi, we are heading to Perth this year hopefully, from Bangor NI. Robert 30(myself) and Malgorzata 28 still waiting on case officer to finalise our visa 176 SS WA.

Meds done on March 23 2011, had a document request on 5th May, nothing since, the frustration really kicking in now :sad:. Im a Metal Machinist and we've never been there, we would to come along on 9th July Chris.

yes it will be good to meet up, yur more than welcome.

chris and elaine.

Hi, we are heading to Perth this year hopefully, from Bangor NI. Robert 30(myself) and Malgorzata 28 still waiting on case officer to finalise our visa 176 SS WA.

Meds done on March 23 2011, had a document request on 5th May, nothing since, the frustration really kicking in now :sad:. Im a Metal Machinist and we've never been there, we would to come along on 9th July Chris.

Guest Rob T
yes it will be good to meet up, yur more than welcome.

chris and elaine.

Thanks guys, we will be there, will contact you a day or two before to confirm. Hopefully we will have are visa by then, fingers crossed anyhow.

Robert and Margaret.

Archived