Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning all, just letting you know we have received our visa this morning! :biggrin:

Well done Boots id say ur just giddy with excitment :biglaugh: Still waiting on ours hopefully we will get the golden ticket this week, everything asked for is submitted. There should be a group support for people awaiting visa decisions :goofy: But there again i suppose that is what this is for. X

Morning all, just letting you know we have received our visa this morning! :biggrin:

Thats great - CONGRATULATIONS - You must be delighted, enjoy today - i know i'd be on a high when it eventually happens for me. :wink:

karen

Guest Crosby Family

Big Congrats Boots on your Visa enjoy your day.Got ours on Thursday still has'nt sunk in yet............

Best Wishes

Muriel

hi all,just about to start this whole process,im an Intellectual disability nurse and OH is machine driver and lorry driver,plus the little man (14months) :-) We're wondering where ,if we ever get there, is a nice place to set up,and can we all come on my visa or will OH have to apply himself? Any tips and advice would be great as i am a homebird BIG TIME and very nervous about all this :-/,thanks in advance. Karen and the 2 James's.:biggrin:

hi all,just about to start this whole process,im an Intellectual disability nurse and OH is machine driver and lorry driver,plus the little man (14months) :-) We're wondering where ,if we ever get there, is a nice place to set up,and can we all come on my visa or will OH have to apply himself? Any tips and advice would be great as i am a homebird BIG TIME and very nervous about all this :-/,thanks in advance. Karen and the 2 James's.:biggrin:

Hi Hano, welcome to the gang! Where you set up will depend on where you are going Western Australia etc. Are you going independant or are you going to be applying for State Sponsorship? If you are the main applicant your husband and children can go on your visa but must be entered on to the application as dependant who intend to migrate with you. Im sure you will get loads of tips on here. I know it will take a few hrs but read through the posts on this thread from the start and you will find loads of info if you want to know anything specific you can post the question or pm me or someone else who might b able to help. It can all be done without an agent which will be cheaper but i have to say we used one cost us bout 1500 extra but really found it to simplify the process and make it a bit less daunting as they bring you through each stage step by step. Good luck #

Sinead

Guest Crosby Family
Cazmayo and Muriel,

I thought this would be the case too but when i rang singapore airlines bout 2 weeks ago regarding flights the lady said aerlingus flights will charge extra for baggage and this is not there issue only from london do their rules kick in. Hopefuly she is wrong but dbl check it if i were you. Gonna look at the link now re; containers. My head bursting with loads of info bout this I NEED A HOLIDAY!

Hi Sinead,

Im wating for the girl in Dublin office to ring me back about the extra baggage.

I did go on to the Aerlingus website and this is what they said re; baggage allowance.

Aerlingus will allow checked baggage as a courtesy onto any carrier that have a baggage agreement in place.showing itineary of Aerlingus and partners carrier flights on the same ticket.

The allowance will be subject to the allowance listed on you ticket. They gave a list and Singapore air was on it, again i will double check with the girl in Dublin office.Do you have the number you rang for Aerliingus as i was transfered to a machine.

Muriel x

Hi guys,

This is just an excerpt of SuzieOR on irishoz, it seems she got the double allowance with Singapore airlines including the aerlingus link up. She was also told make sure that their luggage was booked all the way through to Oz. (No good landing in Oz and your luggage sitting in London!!!!). Once proof of the visa was sent over, the luggage allow was amended on the tickets, there was a charge per ticket (?).

cheers cazmayo

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm Post subject:

Thanks Guys,

Going with Singapore Airway... they are the only ones I could find who would give us double baggage from Dublin - Adelaide... everyone else would only do it from London - Adelaide, which is no good really!!!

Hi Sinead,

Im wating for the girl in Dublin office to ring me back about the extra baggage.

I did go on to the Aerlingus website and this is what they said re; baggage allowance.

Aerlingus will allow checked baggage as a courtesy onto any carrier that have a baggage agreement in place.showing itineary of Aerlingus and partners carrier flights on the same ticket.

The allowance will be subject to the allowance listed on you ticket. They gave a list and Singapore air was on it, again i will double check with the girl in Dublin office.Do you have the number you rang for Aerliingus as i was transfered to a machine.

Muriel x

Hi Muriel i did'nt ring Aerlingus i spoke to Singapore Airlines, post under your comment seems to know what they r on about though. Got our visa grant today am over the moon!

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Muriel i did'nt ring Aerlingus i spoke to Singapore Airlines, post under your comment seems to know what they r on about though. Got our visa grant today am over the moon!

CONGRATS Hun im ssooooo thrilled for you, knew you would'nt be far behind us..

Murielxx

Hi all just to let ye know we were granted our Visas this morning :biggrin: am seriously in de mood to celebrate even though its only 11.30 in the morn! lol Good luck to all those still waiting! xxx

:biggrin: well done and Congrats

Guest Jadeanna

Well done!!! You'll be celebrating tonight. Must be a fantastic, exciting feeling!! Me..... Still waiting :frown::sad: But will be any day now!! I can feel it.

Good luck to all, it looks like there are a lot of visa's being granted at the moment. I am also on the 457 processing times thread and there seems to be one a day saying they got theirs.

Guest boots
Hi all just to let ye know we were granted our Visas this morning :biggrin: am seriously in de mood to celebrate even though its only 11.30 in the morn! lol Good luck to all those still waiting! xxx

Many congrats !!! enjoy all the celebrations!!

Guest boots
Congrats lads,all the best! when are ye off? have our medicals tomorrow so hope that will be it.

Hey thanks for that. Hopefully the sooner the better (waiting on the house) Hope your medicals go to plan today.

Guest Crosby Family

Hi All,

Just a quick follow up regarding baggage allowance, Singapore Air will give you 20kg. if you scan and email them your Visa plus your booking ref and pay 35 euro per paying adult they will re issuse tickets to 40 kg and that applys to the aerlingus flight to london. also check all bags straight through to Perth.By booking online you can choose your seats for all three flights not so if you book through the Dublin branch thay can only request it.Hope this helps............

:smile:Muriel x

Hi Sinead, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Hope you got out to celebrate, I'm sooooo jealous - only messing - delighted for you all:biggrin:

Karen

Congratulations sinead, ya must be just thrilled.

Myra

Worked it out only 10 months left in Ireland! I know this will pass really fast, gonna miss every1 here terrible but still excited about the move, know its not going to b all plain sailing at 1st but with a bit of hard work hoping to be able to carve out a nice little life for us out in Perth. Wow it really hits home ur going once you get the visa dont it! :eek::jiggy:

Guest Crosby Family
Worked it out only 10 months left in Ireland! I know this will pass really fast, gonna miss every1 here terrible but still excited about the move, know its not going to b all plain sailing at 1st but with a bit of hard work hoping to be able to carve out a nice little life for us out in Perth. Wow it really hits home ur going once you get the visa dont it! :eek::jiggy:

Hi Sinead,

Its sure does hit home when you get the visa, my hubby thinks there is something wrong with me i seem to be having a little cry nearly every day, my persian cat ( my baby ) is going to her new home tomorrow and im heartbroken, i still have to find homes for the rest . Its such an emotional time with family etc, like in 2 mths we will be in oz. Dont get me wrong i am excited but its the goodbyes that are hard x

Hey Crosby i hear ya on the pet, i've a wee cat this 9 years and i can totally get how our feeling, tell your hubby it could be a lot worse...... i cry several times every day and we are only starting this whole process!!!!!! I'm looking for advice again, we are looking for recommendations for an agent. We rang a lady down in kildare but she's on maternity leave and she passed us on to a man in the UK, seems like a very helpful man but his prices seem very steep compared to what some of ye paid!!! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as i'm finding this whole process tough going...:unsure:Thanks in advance....

Archived