WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

Guest freddy100

i have applied for my visa and have statesponsership, but feel i am just left hanging about waiting!

we were in cat2 but now we are in cat4 with no idea of if or when we will be accepted!!

Any advice or help????:wacko:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SusieOR
i have applied for my visa and have statesponsership, but feel i am just left hanging about waiting!

we were in cat2 but now we are in cat4 with no idea of if or when we will be accepted!!

Any advice or help????:wacko:

Freddy100... you are not on your own...

Thats all I can say... There is another thread on here titled 'what a ****** joke wa!!'

Check it out... there is some useful info on there...

Good Luck Susie

Hi Susie,

It was a post I put on another thread. This is some information I have collected over the past few weeks from radio, news and some business contacts. I have copied it below for you.

Hi all,

As many of you know, I am sitting in WA waiting for my visa grant whilst on holiday. There has been news reports of the WA government growing increasingly impatient with the speed of the processing of visa's and the assignment of case officers. As far as I m lead to believe, WA were told that they would get their migrants that they so critically need. It seems that they are now exerting pressure on the federal government to push through the visa's more quickly.

I have also been talking to a senior manager from a mining company who told me that WA needs 50,000 people per project as we speak. They are well short of that number and are not even attracting inter state workers anymore. The mining companies as you all know, have to pay a tax to the government. This is reputed to be worth billions to the Australian economy, but this figure cannot be reached until they have the workforce in place. Some of the mining companies are planning to lobby the Federal government to also get the workforce they desire.

I knew the work force issue was critical before I got here, but after talking to a lot of important people out here, I think that companies futures are now dependant on DIAC and the Federal government getting down to some very hard work over the next few months to ensure that WA gets what it wants. A few business people I know have also commented on how WA and QLD basically make Australia tick and with QLD in a right state at the moment and WA not being able to get the workers it needs, I can see Julia ending up in a bit of a sticky wicket.

This all seems to be doom and gloom for some people, but I think that it is a great opportunity for us migrants waiting in the wings. The bottom line is now that Australian Government has the QLD crisis and also WA breathing down their necks about a workforce shortage, I think that most of us waiting patiently may get a surprise announcement over the next week or so.

John

Cheers Susie,

John

If they are so desperate why don't they waive the 7 year work experience requirement. SA are only asking for 1 year. I know someone who had their heart set on WA but who is now going for SA instead.

Guest sivakumar
Keep the Faith mate. Go to "WA SMP has anyone been appointed a CO yet?" I have posted something on there that might be of interest to you. They need as many people as they can get here in WA mate.

John

Hi, can you tell me how long WA takes to issue a sponsorship mate, please?

Hi, can you tell me how long WA takes to issue a sponsorship mate, please?

Hi Sivakumar,

I am not quite sure how long it is taking at the moment, but it took us 6 months. That was at a time when there was a lot of applications going through. I would say that the best thing to do is to give them a call. I have always found them to be very helpful when I called before.

Their number is 0061 8 9218 2100.

Hope this helps,

John

Hi, can anyone tell me that has applied for WA SS, do they look for proof of your financial status into your application as they only look for estimates!!!!!

Our SS application was a while ago so not sure if it's the same. Pretty sure we uploaded copies of payslips and when asked how much cash we'd be bringing, nominated an amount. They said it wasn't going to be enough, so we rang and asked a nice lady how much would be sensible and amended it to that figure.

Guest SusieOR
Hi, can anyone tell me that has applied for WA SS, do they look for proof of your financial status into your application as they only look for estimates!!!!!

They didnt ask for proof from us... just a realistic figure

Susie

Guest SusieOR
Hi anyone heard anything more about the negotiations to get the off-list nominations onto the wa smp yet? How long does it take to discuss ??????!

They just seem to take forever about everything!!! I would just like to know what is happening now because then we will know which direction to go???

Do we stick with our original plan for WA or apply for another state sponsorship that does still want us!!! Dont want to make this decision until we know if the negotiations will be positive or not!

Sx

Guest Soma2100

Hello everybody,

I have just applied for WA SS but at the financial part I stated I would bring 20K AUD only.

Is that enough for a single person? if not, can I ask them to edit my application after payment?

Is it possible.

I'd appreciate any help.

Hi SOma2100

If u have more than that, it's better to state a bigger amount.

This way, u'll get to prove you studied the lifestyle and cost of living in WA.

As for the editing, i don't know if u could do that.

Hello everybody,

I have just applied for WA SS but at the financial part I stated I would bring 20K AUD only.

Is that enough for a single person? if not, can I ask them to edit my application after payment?

Is it possible.

I'd appreciate any help.

The original figure I put in my WA SS figure was deemed not high enough when they processed it. But a quick call to them to ask them what would be a suitable figure helped. We then just edited the application and it was approved.

To be honest, I can't. My application was joint, and I can't remember the figure they suggested we put down.

If I remember, we'd done our budgets/expectations of expenses etc and then rang them and asked. They're quite helpful - they need people to move there!

Guest sivakumar
Hi Sivakumar,

I am not quite sure how long it is taking at the moment, but it took us 6 months. That was at a time when there was a lot of applications going through. I would say that the best thing to do is to give them a call. I have always found them to be very helpful when I called before.

Their number is 0061 8 9218 2100.

Hope this helps,

John

it is a bit strange, other states VIC, QLD, for example, take just less than a month. WA must do something to speedup the process to meet July'2011 deadline

I agree, 6 months to processing ss is extremely long, as is putting people off that state and going elsewhere. I dont want to do that as I love Perth, but with new points system coming in in july, wont make the timeframe if we wait for WA SS.

Hhmmmmm.

Guest Spencer

Hi guys !

OMG cant belive it got a Email today from our agent and WA approving our 176 SS !

We sent it off on the 22 December 2010 how quick was that !

There is hope !

Floor Finisher AQF III passed Feb2010 ....TRA sent Feb2010......TRA Passed March 2010

176 WA SS sent Dec 2010.....176 WA SS Approval January 2011...............

Keep the Dream Live the Dream....:wink:

Hi guys !

OMG cant belive it got a Email today from our agent and WA approving our 176 SS !

There is hope !

Floor Finisher AQF III passed Feb2010 ....TRA sent Feb2010......TRA Passed March 2010

WOW Congrats :jiggy:

Our agent applied on the 20th, so i'm gonna try to wait patiently now (if i can) with fingers crossed and hope ours comes soon.

Good luck to you and yours

Nik :wubclub:

Guest tartan barmy
Hi guys !

There is hope !

we got an email on friday saying they are now assessing our case and we should know within 7 days!! we applied 21/12/10

hope every one gets some news soon!!

Archived