WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest harters

I'm still trying to find out where I stand as my occupation isn't now on the WA SMP but I already have SS and I was allocated a CO in September who we've sent the additional information they requested.

I just want to know if they have dropped me to work on the new priority list or if I'm still being processed.

Asked my agent and they're trying to get hold of the DIAC so I'll keep you all informed just in case someone else is in the same boat. If you have some info or if you're in the same situation as me please let me know what you've found out.

Thanks

Guest harters

But they were processing my application I just don't know if they still are and I can't find out...

Just looking to see if anyone else is in the same situation.

Hi Chang

I have had this confirmed to me today via Wa London and Perth that they are negotiating with diac for offlist to be included in cat2.

Fingers crossed.

UOTE=ivyc10;940709]Hi~all

My occupation is not on the WA list.However,I have already got sponsorship by WA.

So,I sent an e-mail to WA before a week.

I have asked about offlist applicants who have already got sponosrship from WA.

They told me;

Dear Chang,

Skilled Migration WA is currently negotiating with DIAC in an attempt to have previous years Offlist applicants processed as priority 2.

Currently your application is being processed as priority 4.

Guest sivakumar
Hi Chang

I have had this confirmed to me today via Wa London and Perth that they are negotiating with diac for offlist to be included in cat2.

Fingers crossed.

My occupation is not on the WA list.However,I have already got sponsorship by WA.

They told me;

Dear Chang,

Skilled Migration WA is currently negotiating with DIAC in an attempt to have previous years Offlist applicants processed as priority 2.

You didn't say what kind of your visa is (175 or 176?). If you have lodged your application under the 176, and your occupation is not included in the WA's SMP, it will processed as Priority 4, even WA's SMP is accepted by DIAC. On the other hand, If you have lodged your application under the 175, and your occupation is not included in the WA's SMP, it will processed as Priority 3.

Guest triumph01

My occupation is not on WA 's recent list but i have applied before July, 2010 on the basis of WA 's SS. Will WA introduce any rule to facilitate their existing SS (but not having their occupation in recently published Occupation list) holders or they will be kept in CAT 4?

Or should I seek some other state 's SMP like Vic since my occupation is in VIC 's list.

regards,

Guest HoriFTC
My occupation is not on WA 's recent list but i have applied before July, 2010 on the basis of WA 's SS. Will WA introduce any rule to facilitate their existing SS (but not having their occupation in recently published Occupation list) holders or they will be kept in CAT 4?

Or should I seek some other state 's SMP like Vic since my occupation is in VIC 's list.

regards,

If your occupation is not on WS SMP, then you are in cat3 (if your occupation is on the new SOL) or in cat4 (if your occupation is not on the new SOL)

Hi Chang

Fingers crossed.

They told me;

Dear Chang,

It means that the applicants who they already sponsored, who's occupations are not in the current list can jump to cat 2 ? i think I will confirm it from WA.

It means that the applicants who they already sponsored who occupations are not in the current list can jump to cat 2 ? i think i will confirm it from WA.

You can confirm whatever you like.... I have been told that Wa are negotiating with diac to try and get those that already have off list ss application moved to cat 2. It has not happened yet and still may not happen, but they are trying.

Thank you for the details on the WA SMP. Does anyone have anymore detail on what they mean by 7 years work experience for the state sponsorship? I am a qualified env health officer and VETTASS approved. But does anyone know if the work experience has to be directly in the stated occupation or can it be a closely related occupation. Also does it have to be post qualification? Any ideas would be gratefully received.

It means that the applicants who they already sponsored, who's occupations are not in the current list can jump to cat 2 ? i think I will confirm it from WA.

Yes...

You can confirm whatever you like.

I know that WA has only two officers who can handle sponsorship.

You Know that WA`s quota is 6000.They will not be able to handle their quota with only two officers until end of financial year.

I think that the amount of quota is burdensome to them.

So,they will try to include applicants who they have already got sponsorship.

It is a natural result because old applicants are waiting for a long time.

Old applicants deserve some sort of respect.

Hi Chang

Fingers crossed.

Hi~littlem

Thank you.

I have already got sponsorship on Sep 2009.

I am not hurry.

I am just expecting a little responsibility about state sponsorship.

They also don`t want to become their sponsorship like a piece of waste paper.

Happy X-mas and new year.

cheers

Guest triumph01
Hi Chang

Fingers crossed.

cheers

Hmmm this sounds bit nice if it happens

till then "Fingers crossed" , lets hope & pray for this:)

Guest triumph01
If your occupation is not on WS SMP, then you are in cat3 (if your occupation is on the new SOL) or in cat4 (if your occupation is not on the new SOL)

Thanks HoriFTC for quick reply. I am in CAT4 but there is still some confusion

1. Whether I can apply for VIC SMP since I am pre July, 2010 applicant.

2. As per DIAC , "Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements."

***Will my application be processed under above mentioned rules or i 'll be treated same as other CAT 4 applicants?***

Criteria for off-list nominations

If an applicant’s occupation does not appear on the WASMOL but is on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s Schedule 4 – Skilled Occupation List, the State is able to consider the applicant as an off-list nomination for state sponsorship.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS

CRITERIA FOR ASSESSMENT OFF-LIST NOMINATION (Offshore)

Visa subclass 176 475

IELTS 7 in each band (176,475)

Work experience 10 years(176) 7 years(475)

Job Offer Yes(176) Yes(475)

All off-list applicants will require a high level of English skills. A level deemed proficient, is an IELTS score of 7 across all four bands reading, writing, listening and speaking.

Please note - Graduate students will not be considered for an off-list.

Hi~all

I have got sponsorship on Sep 2009.And I loged my application to DIAC on Dec 2008.

My occupation is on the schedual 4,but not on the new WA`s list.

I hope that all sponsored off-list applicants will be included on priority2.

Guest majorie c
Hi Chang

Fingers crossed.

They told me;

Dear Chang,

May I know is it only for new off list applicants or for old ss as well?

Thank you.

Guest SusieOR

I am just so confused about what is going on at the mo... please can someone confirm the above!!! Am I right in thinking...

My hubby is cabinet maker which is no longer on the WA SMP list... but we already have our WA SS granted in Apr 2010... so... because we already have our SS... WA are trying to negotiate with DIAC to get us processed as Priority 2 instead of moving us down to Priority 4???

I also found this on immi.gov web site about skilled migration facts etc...

If you applied for your visa before a state or territory Plan commences, and your occupation is not on your state or territory’s Plan, your application will be afforded either priority 3 (if you nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List) or priority 4 processing (if your nominated occupation is not on the SOL. The priority of your application will not change as a result of State Migration Plans.

Anybody any idea's about what this means???

I am trying to figure out what is best to do... do we just sit it out or do we apply to a different state who does want cabinet makers??? Susie

It means that the applicants who they already sponsored who occupations are not in the current list can jump to cat 2 ? i think i will confirm it from WA.

You can confirm whatever you like.... I have been told that Wa are negotiating with diac to try and get those that already have off list ss application moved to cat 2. It has not happened yet and still may not happen, but they are trying.

Hello

This could be interesting. Just needs clarifying.

WA are trying to obtin approval from Diac to have previous off list SS people on SMP. This could mean one of two things.

1- Does it refer to those that had previously applied for an off list nomination that WA approved.

or

2- Does it refer to those that had received SS from Wa ( Cooks, Hairdressers etc ) that have now found themselves not on WA SMP.

Hopefully both

Shane

Hello

This could be interesting. Just needs clarifying.

WA are trying to obtin approval from Diac to have previous off list SS people on SMP. This could mean one of two things.

1- Does it refer to those that had previously applied for an off list nomination that WA approved.

or

2- Does it refer to those that had received SS from Wa ( Cooks, Hairdressers etc ) that have now found themselves not on WA SMP.

Hopefully both

Shane

I would think those that were an offlist nomination originally. They were never on the state sponsorship lists to start with. I think WA had only 100 places per year so they were very carefully chosen applicants.

Shane I don't know about cooks and haidressers....... We are a pre july 10 off list Wa ss. I spoke to a senior migration officer in london as she assisted us with our original application. She contacted the mgr in Perth on our behalf as there was nothing in the q&a about what happens to off list now not on smp. The mgr in perth confirmed via sue that they are negotiating for the off list to still be included. They haven't said it would happen but that they were trying.......she didn't say wether that would include your

occupations.....I hope it does though as it is all a bit of a mess.... Hope this clarifies what I was trying to say xx

Guest SusieOR
Shane I don't know about cooks and haidressers....... We are a pre july 10 off list Wa ss. I spoke to Sue Harcus senior migration officer in london as she assisted us with our original application. She contacted the mgr in Perth on our behalf as there was nothing in the q&a about what happens to off list now not on smp. The mgr in perth confirmed via sue that they are negotiating for the off list to still be included. They haven't said it would happen but that they were trying.......she didn't say wether that would include your

occupations.....I hope it does though as it is all a bit of a mess.... Hope this clarifies what I was trying to say xx

Is there any idea's about when they will have an answer on this...??? When will we know if negotiations have worked or not???

Archived