WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest perth42
Am I right in saying that trades need an ielts score of 6 in each test?

From my understanding from a post earlier today if you hold a uk passport you automatically have the 6 points, therefore ielts not required... I think it's about page 3 from go matilda..., hope this helps :wink:

Guest Midlanders

So glad to see the WA list come out today, especially after a week from hell.... frozen pipes... oh rushed into hosp and operated today...

So tonight has brought a massive sigh of relief for us both

Back on to the new cat 2 list again............ Tipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trade Carpenter Vettesse pass April 09 visa Lodged June 09 175 ss gained Jan 10 changed to 176....... was on CSl, then off then on sol, then down to cat 3 and back again 18 months later to cat 2!!!!!!!!!

A good night sleep at last!!!!!!

Guest perth42

Midlanders I thought you'd been quite all week.... Hope recovery doing well... good news today! I hope its really brightened your day!! Look I'm at it again!! I've written another dear mr Bowen poem hope it makes you chuckle but not to cause pain after your op!!! :wink:

From my understanding from a post earlier today if you hold a uk passport you automatically have the 6 points, therefore ielts not required... I think it's about page 3 from go matilda..., hope this helps :wink:

thank god we dont have to do the ielts test, thats saved a few more bucks, i was beginning to feel it was all just a money making con..... Nick the General plumber ( Finally on bloody WA SMP):biglaugh:

Guest theweirs
hi i'm newbie here but what's the logic of listing an occupation in an smp and labeled it not available if there's no value out of it? i have an inkling that it has to serve certain purpose. to me such occupation was listed to send signal to DIAC that such occupation should receive cat 2 priority. i hope i'm right.

Hi

They are updating the list every six months so at least if it is on it they can open it up when it is reviewed, depending on how many they need.

Turns out though it is only not available for new applicants, old SS holders were being accepted and moved to cat 2, I was given the wrong info when I phoned. Went through every emotion possible yesterday thats for sure.

Jo x

Guest YingYing

Congrats to those who have moved up to Cat2!!

I am old WA SS holder, accountant but not meet the ielts 4*7 requirement and also the 7 years working experiences.Do you guys think WA really gonna honor all their old WA SS? I am so nerverious now.....

Thanks in advance

Regards

YingYing

Guest flamboyant
IMHO, SMP of WA says that accountants and cooks are on it and all the SS issued by WA shall be honored by DIAC (under cat 2). Secondly new applicants under these professions can not apply to WA for SS (until announcement of new SMP somewhere in June-July 2011) as they have already exhausted the quota for 2010-11 for these two professions.

Best regards

Tazmania and Kasra can you please help me understand, if the above info is 100 percent authentic? Where did you get this info from, I mean DIAC or WA?? Please put me out of this confused frame out mind??:confused:

Cheers!

Guest triumph01
According to the WASMP FAQ, if you have WA Sponsership and you lodged your application in DIAC and now your occupation is not on the list, your application continue in CAT 2 :) good luck

I have doubts in this statement,

I am unable to understand what a use of such a valid SS? (i.e. if you are already in CAT 4 then you will remain in same category despite old SS). If someone let me solve the puzzle regarding Ministerial directions 48, hereby reproduced.

-============================

Q: f. What is Ministerial Direction 48?

A: Ministerial Direction 48 applies to new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.

Under this Ministerial Direction the following processing priorities (with high priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s Migration Plan.

3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.

=============================================

Previously my occupation (i.e. Computing professional 2231-79) was on among top priority (CSL), after July 2010 changes i fall to Cat 4 and since i have WA 's SS but my occupation is not on newly released occupation list of WA.

I have doubts in this statement,

I am unable to understand what a use of such a valid SS? (i.e. if you are already in CAT 4 then you will remain in same category despite old SS). If someone let me solve the puzzle regarding Ministerial directions 48, hereby reproduced.

-============================

Q: f. What is Ministerial Direction 48?

A: Ministerial Direction 48 applies to new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.

Under this Ministerial Direction the following processing priorities (with high priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). This is for those who get an employer to sponsor them; job offer

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s Migration Plan. to Your old SS has be on the new state migration plan to get this priority

3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010. You have to have your occupation on the schedule 3 sol list to get this priority 3

And cat 4 is for all those on schedule 4 who haven't made it onto the SMP,

But i hear that all those that got a WA ss before July 10 should move to cat 2.

=============================================

Previously my occupation (i.e. Computing professional 2231-79) was on among top priority (CSL), after July 2010 changes i fall to Cat 4 and since i have WA 's SS but my occupation is not on newly released occupation list of WA.

hope this helps. Tania

Guest perth42
so does this mean everyone has to take the ielts, even if u have a UK passport!!!!

thanks

Note: WA accepts that citizens of the following countries are assumed to have at least competent English - ie IELTS 6.0:

* UK

* Ireland

* USA

* Canada

* New Zealand

Individuals who have a passport issued by one of the above countries and who are applying for WA sponsorship with a trade or technician occupation are not required to sit an IELTS test.

Individuals who are applying for any other occupation that requires IELTS 7.0 will be required to provide the result of their IELTS test confirming at least proficient English language competency, at the time the application for WA sponsorship is submitted.

Hope this helps.

Guest triumph01
hope this helps. Tania

Thanks Tania for the help, but i haven't read anywhere this statement, "All those that got a WA ss before July 10 should move to cat 2"

If you have any authentic source then do share with me. Moreover, you or anyone suggest me can i apply for Victoria now? Since I have WA 's SS but my occupation is not on list and i am a Pre-July 2010 applicant.

Thanking in advance.

regards,

Thanks Tania for the help, but i haven't read anywhere this statement, "All those that got a WA ss before July 10 should move to cat 2"

If you have any authentic source then do share with me. Moreover, you or anyone suggest me can i apply for Victoria now? Since I have WA 's SS but my occupation is not on list and i am a Pre-July 2010 applicant.

Thanking in advance.

regards,

Yes Tania i don't know what is your bases for this statement, infact i came across WASMOL FAQ'S and found this

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Frequently asked questions

"

Q: e. Is SMWA honouring sponsorships that sit in the DIAC pipeline for the following occupations; • Hairdressers • Computing Professionals • Pastry Cooks

A: Yes. If you have one of the occupations above that is not listed on the WASMOL your nomination continues to be valid, however, your application will not receive priority processing (Category 2) under the SMP. This means that your application will retain its existing processing priority under Ministerial Direction 48. "

This clearly implies that even though you may have sponsor ship from WA but if your occupation is not on SMP it wouldn't receive priority processing.

Hi all please excuse my ignorance as I am new to this site... I will be applying for WA SS as soon as i can, I am on the list :biggrin: "Painter Trades Worker" I am from Ireland so will not have to provide a IELTS result and I also have my TRA received. What I am wondering is alot of people in previous posts are talking about Cat 4 and Cat 2 obviously these are categories people are in but could someone please explain how you know what CAT you are in...

Yes Tania i don't know what is your bases for this statement, infact i came across WASMOL FAQ'S and found this

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Frequently asked questions

"

Q: e. Is SMWA honouring sponsorships that sit in the DIAC pipeline for the following occupations; • Hairdressers • Computing Professionals • Pastry Cooks

A: Yes. If you have one of the occupations above that is not listed on the WASMOL your nomination continues to be valid, however, your application will not receive priority processing (Category 2) under the SMP. This means that your application will retain its existing processing priority under Ministerial Direction 48. "

This clearly implies that even though you may have sponsor ship from WA but if your occupation is not on SMP it wouldn't receive priority processing.

My wife is a Hairdresser now stuck in Cat 4 !!

What a piece of sh1t from Wa saying they will honour SS for these people not on list !!! Cat 4 is cat 4. There is no order in Cat 4 other than lodgement date. SO a 176 has no priority over a 175. They cant really honour something when it is no longer a faster route.

Can WA please advise how this statement is of some assistance in appeasing those that they let down. They make people wait 6-7 months to sponsor and then they all hide behind closed doors stating we will do our best not even hint for 6 months that your trade is nor on their own draft SMP.

Luckily i didnt pay for our Sponsorship nomination but I know some Hairdressers lodged and paid $300? for the privilidge. Will they be refunded ??? After all this money has been taken when they new Hairdressers were not on their SMP.

They are just as bad as DIAC !!:mad:

What a piece of sh1t from Wa saying they will honour SS for these people not on list !!! Cat 4 is cat 4. There is no order in Cat 4 other than lodgement date. SO a 176 has no priority over a 175. They cant really honour something when it is no longer a faster route.

Can WA please advise how this statement is of some assistance in appeasing those that they let down. They make people wait 6-7 months to sponsor and then they all hide behind closed doors stating we will do our best not even hint for 6 months that your trade is nor on their own draft SMP.

Luckily i didnt pay for our Sponsorship nomination but I know some Hairdressers lodged and paid $300? for the privilidge. Will they be refunded ??? After all this money has been taken when they new Hairdressers were not on their SMP.

Presumably, in terms of honouring SS of these occupations, they mean that applicants still get their points in order to qualify for the 176, remember, some applicants can't get enough points outright for the 175, and so the 176 is the only option available to them. Can't think of any thing else they may mean by it because as you rightly state SS means bugger all to cat 4-ers in terms of priority!!

where does it say must have work experience of seven years in the nominated occupation?. From what i can see it only says you must have 7 or 5 years work experience-i wonder if this relates to any occupation on either of the states or Diacs lists? after all some occupations use very similar skills but have different titles!

So right shan07,they have the nerve to tell people they sponsored and will honor them.

What honor is that i wonder if they cant get people already sponsored to priority processing.

If any of WA govt immigration employee is seeing this,can you please enlighten people as to what that honor points toooo ???????

"

Hi,

Sorry i think it was ACT that said they would still honour their old applicants my mistake.

Guest harters

Its strange I've been checking the site for new posts just incase they published the wrong smp or I'll be a cat 2 rather than a potential cat (I'm going nowhere fast) 4 but at the moment no joy.

ICT project manager

ACS - passed

WA SS - granted April

176 visa application sent and logded with DIAC April

Case officer allocated sept and more information requested

All info provided waiting for request to get the meds and police checks down.

Do I know what all that means now - NO

Do I know if my co is still processing my application -NO

Can anyone tell me what's go to happen - GOD I HOPE SO

Hi all please excuse my ignorance as I am new to this site... I will be applying for WA SS as soon as i can, I am on the list :biggrin: "Painter Trades Worker" I am from Ireland so will not have to provide a IELTS result and I also have my TRA received. What I am wondering is alot of people in previous posts are talking about Cat 4 and Cat 2 obviously these are categories people are in but could someone please explain how you know what CAT you are in...

Hi moore1982,

Welcome to the pomsinoz. Categories are used by DIAC to put people in different priority processing queues.

Applications in the upper categories are processed first, and only after all applications have been processed in a given category, those in lower categories are looked at.

You can find the details in several threads on this forum as well as in DIAC's own page:

General Skilled Migration

Archived