WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

Hi, just a little help please, I've just seen that the SMP and SS are out but I can't access the list, I'm a little (to say the least) frantic, can someone please tell me if nurses are on the list, and what our chances are.

Cheers

Nik

theweirs has listed them out on page 1 at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/101276-wa-ss-released-today.html#post931050 is that what you're after?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theweirs has listed them out on page 1 at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/101276-wa-ss-released-today.html#post931050 is that what you're after?

Cheers, I think I'm on it, I'm just wondering what the catch is. I'm just stuck at work reading this on my phone, ill have to read it all properly when I get home, work is so inconvenient.

Good luck to you all to

Nik

Hi guys, first post on here but have been keeping an eye out for the WA SMP for a while.

OH is a nurse and we've got AHPRA reg (through mutual, got WA reg in Feb) and skills assessed. All good I thought, until I saw the additional criteria for SS.

Below the list of occupations is says management and professionals require 7 years work experiance for 176!!!!!

Am I reading that correctly? Do all 176 SS applicants have to have 7 years experience in their occupation??!!

Guest HoriFTC

Can anybody tell me the email address where the signed state sponsorship agreement of WA has to be sent back?

When I got the offer for SS from WA the Small Business Development Corporation was responsible for it, but meanwhile the Department of Training and Workforce Development is the right one, and I don't know if there is another email address than I have. (information@migration.wa.gov.au - this is what I have)

So I would need the email address (or fax number) from the bottom of a state sponsorship agreement which was granted just recently.

Any help is appreciated.

Guest ian & jo
Can anybody tell me the email address where the signed state sponsorship agreement of WA has to be sent back?

When I got the offer for SS from WA the Small Business Development Corporation was responsible for it, but meanwhile the Department of Training and Workforce Development is the right one, and I don't know if there is another email address than I have. (information@migration.wa.gov.au - this is what I have)

So I would need the email address (or fax number) from the bottom of a state sponsorship agreement which was granted just recently.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, signed state sponsorship/1100 forms are to be sent to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au. Hope this helps. Jo

Guest tabatha

Can someone please explain cooks not avaliable?????????????I have lodged a visa in oct 09 and received ss for wa...Does that mean the whole thing was a waste of time and money............What Cat am i in now?????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi all we are not on the Wa list so stuck in cat 4! Really pleased for all of u that have been included hope it isn't long till you get your visas x we have a back up plan of ACT but am worried the fact that we have applied to WA will go against our ss application. Anyone else not on smp gonna try this? Any ideas anyone? Trying very hard to stay up beat and put all the negative feelings to good use !

Guest tabatha
Brief analysis is that WA has tried to maintain a spread of occupations while raising the bar considerably for new applicants. I understand that it will honour its existing commitments to already sponsored applicants on its new list without insisting on the new IELTS or experience requirements.

WA has, anecdotally, the largest number of sponsorship places among all the states, so having 180+ occupations is a good result for everyone already sponsored and waiting to apply. I am sure that there will be disappointment and heartbreak even so. To that extent I would recommend that people look broadly at all the states rather than focusing on WA.

And remember, applications to WA don't open until 20 December!

Cheers,

Hi

Thanks for the info...

Can you explain the cooks senario??????????? Im lost.............Suppose i'm still cat 4 even though i lodged 2009 and have ss...............Lots of mixed messages..Clarification would be good:confused:

Guest ian & jo
Hi all we are not on the Wa list so stuck in cat 4! Really pleased for all of u that have been included hope it isn't long till you get your visas x we have a back up plan of ACT but am worried the fact that we have applied to WA will go against our ss application. Anyone else not on smp gonna try this? Any ideas anyone? Trying very hard to stay up beat and put all the negative feelings to good use !

Really sorry to here your not on WA's SMP. What's your occupation? I'm sure if it's on any of the other states SMP's you can seek SS with another state. Is your occupation on ACT SMP? Don't give up i'm sure there must be a way. Jo x

Hi Tabatha,

Accountant & Cook are both "not available"... It means, the quota for current financial year 2010-2011 are full. New applicants cannot apply until the new finacial year opens on July 1, 2011. WA honours all existing SS holders listed on their SMP.. So cheers! You're on it and you are now CAT 2.:jiggy:

Brief analysis is that WA has tried to maintain a spread of occupations while raising the bar considerably for new applicants. I understand that it will honour its existing commitments to already sponsored applicants on its new list without insisting on the new IELTS or experience requirements.

WA has, anecdotally, the largest number of sponsorship places among all the states, so having 180+ occupations is a good result for everyone already sponsored and waiting to apply. I am sure that there will be disappointment and heartbreak even so. To that extent I would recommend that people look broadly at all the states rather than focusing on WA.

And remember, applications to WA don't open until 20 December!

Cheers,

Hi

Thanks for the info...

Can you explain the cooks senario??????????? Im lost.............Suppose i'm still cat 4 even though i lodged 2009 and have ss...............Lots of mixed messages..Clarification would be good:confused:

Guest tabatha
Hey Cherise

Yeah called them, although cook is on the list it is marked as not available so the guy said we would stay cat 4 even though we obtained our SS last July.

Happy days - not. At least we know where we stand now and the decision needs to be made whether we live in limbo for another god knows how many years or move back to Scotland and just get on with our lives.

Bit of a downer really for us eh?

Jo x

Me too.....So how long for us till we get to the top of the pile..........:no:

Guest Jamie Smith
Really sorry to here your not on WA's SMP. What's your occupation? I'm sure if it's on any of the other states SMP's you can seek SS with another state. Is your occupation on ACT SMP? Don't give up i'm sure there must be a way. Jo x

The new system is

1) critical occupation = apply direct to DIAC, PR. Of course everyone wants this one, but it is only ever going to reduce in number because it does not ensure that the skilled person will work in their nominated occupation.

2) popular occupations but in limited numbers = state sponsorship for PR and temp visas. Expect more states to require employer support as they too discover that the skilled person might not work in their nominated occupation.

3) most occupations including the above, = employer sponsorship PR and temp visas, minor queueing but faster than Cat 4 and most of Cat 3. The best outcome for Federal and State Govts, and applicants (yes I know it takes more effort but you're not in group 1 or 2 above...)

4) everybody not in a) and b) and who doesn't know how to get an employer sponsor in c), wait a few years and maybe still qualify...

Guest tabatha
Hi Tabatha,

Accountant & Cook are both "not available"... It means, the quota for current financial year 2010-2011 are full. New applicants cannot apply until the new finacial year opens on July 1, 2011. WA honours all existing SS holders listed on their SMP.. So cheers! You're on it and you are now CAT 2.:jiggy:

Are you one hundred percent sure?????????????So maby within the next year i'll a co and not have to wait 4years.???????????????????? If your right then i'll be jumping for joy..................

Guest tabatha
The new system is

1) critical occupation = apply direct to DIAC, PR. Of course everyone wants this one, but it is only ever going to reduce in number because it does not ensure that the skilled person will work in their nominated occupation.

2) popular occupations but in limited numbers = state sponsorship for PR and temp visas. Expect more states to require employer support as they too discover that the skilled person might not work in their nominated occupation.

3) most occupations including the above, = employer sponsorship PR and temp visas, minor queueing but faster than Cat 4 and most of Cat 3. The best outcome for Federal and State Govts, and applicants (yes I know it takes more effort but you're not in group 1 or 2 above...)

4) everybody not in a) and b) and who doesn't know how to get an employer sponsor in c), wait a few years and maybe still qualify...

Jamie..Have read your postings regulary on this site.... can you clarify my senario................I cannot wait another weekend.......Does it mean wa are closed to cooks for new applications?? and will i with anyluck be a cat 2...applied in oct 2009...and got ss in july 10.....Man thanks Tabatha

Hi Tabatha,

Im very please to tell u that if u already got SS and lodged application with DIAC, you are in Cat 2.I have confirmed with WA and DIAC.

Thanks

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi Tabatha (great name)

Sorry I'm not an agent and can't offer advice about individual cases.

Suggest you either contact WA directly or PM the agents who post on here, or contact a WA agent like Steve O'Neill.

Whichever way you go, you need to go through an elimination process - check if your occupation is on the list, and if they are still taking applications, and/or if they would still honour an earlier sponsorship if you have one.

Not much help, sorry, them's the rules... :policeman:

All the best

:santatrumpet:

Hi Tabatha,

Im very please to tell u that if u already got SS and lodged application with DIAC, you are in Cat 2.I have confirmed with WA and DIAC.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So If I have SS and not lodged my aplication in DIAC till now, I couldn't apply!! is it true ????????

Hi Tabatha,

Thanks

Hi Rash

I've got my SS in the late of June 2010 from WA. but I didn't lodge my application in DAIC till now. Could I lodge my application right now ?! and is my SS valid ?

Please Help Me :(

Hey Cherise

Yeah called them, although cook is on the list it is marked as not available so the guy said we would stay cat 4 even though we obtained our SS last July.

Happy days - not. At least we know where we stand now and the decision needs to be made whether we live in limbo for another god knows how many years or move back to Scotland and just get on with our lives.

Bit of a downer really for us eh?

Jo x

hi i'm newbie here but what's the logic of listing an occupation in an smp and labeled it not available if there's no value out of it? i have an inkling that it has to serve certain purpose. to me such occupation was listed to send signal to DIAC that such occupation should receive cat 2 priority. i hope i'm right.

Guest tabatha
Hi Tabatha (great name)

Sorry I'm not an agent and can't offer advice about individual cases.

Suggest you either contact WA directly or PM the agents who post on here, or contact a WA agent like Steve O'Neill.

Whichever way you go, you need to go through an elimination process - check if your occupation is on the list, and if they are still taking applications, and/or if they would still honour an earlier sponsorship if you have one.

Not much help, sorry, them's the rules... :policeman:

All the best

:santatrumpet:

Thanks Jamie..Will contact my agent....As for my name..Maby i could wiggle my nose and i'll appear as a cat 2.....Hope you watched bewitched....:witch-cute:

Guest tabatha
Hi Rash

I've got my SS in the late of June 2010 from WA. but I didn't lodge my application in DAIC till now. Could I lodge my application right now ?! and is my SS valid ?

sorry i dont know...................

Hi Rash

IMHO, SMP of WA says that accountants and cooks are on it and all the SS issued by WA shall be honored by DIAC (under cat 2). Secondly new applicants under these professions can not apply to WA for SS (until announcement of new SMP somewhere in June-July 2011) as they have already exhausted the quota for 2010-11 for these two professions.

Best regards

Oh no, seven years work experience! This is a big blow. My son's partner has been waiting and waiting for this and banking on it. Now she can't apply as she doesn't have the seven years. WA is where all the family are. Not happy after all the waiting and preparing!

Archived