WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

Guest theweirs

Hey Arun, yeah we applied before July 2010.

Hey Paul, no such luck not accepting cooks so we are stuck in cat 4 even though we have state sponsor from last July.

cest la vie

Jo x

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest arun123
You are in!! No ned to worry hopefully.

R u sure mate, if yes. I will shout with joy. So u mean Cook who already applied for Visa 176 before July 2010 they will be in Category 2

Guest arun123

i have read on another Post if you already gained State Sponsorship and have applied for visa 176, you will be in Category 2 does not matter occupation is available or not.

Not available applies to new applicant.

Guest triumph01

What would be the future of existing SS, when they are rolling out SMP plan for those? My occupation is in Victoria 's SMP, i am seriously thinking to apply for that.

Regards,

Guest arun123

I have received this reply from Western Australia Authority related to Cook Occupation for applicant before July 2010, 176 Visa. I do not understand what to assess from here. Can somebody help me.

Ministerial Direction 48 applies to new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.

Under this Ministerial Direction the following processing priorities (with high priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
  2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s Migration Plan.
  3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.

Guest cherise
Hey Arun, yeah we applied before July 2010.

Hey Paul, no such luck not accepting cooks so we are stuck in cat 4 even though we have state sponsor from last July.

cest la vie

Jo x

Hi Jo

If you have wa state sponsorship already you are fine then. did you give them a call to clarify things?

Cherise

Guest arun123
Hi Jo

If you have wa state sponsorship already you are fine then. did you give them a call to clarify things?

Cherise

I am in Hong Kong mate at the moment so its hard to call them. But i send them mail and they replied what i posted above. They did not even mentioned it in FAQ questions. This is what their reply if you send them mail.

Guest theweirs
Hi Jo

Cherise

Hey Cherise

Yeah called them, although cook is on the list it is marked as not available so the guy said we would stay cat 4 even though we obtained our SS last July.

Happy days - not. At least we know where we stand now and the decision needs to be made whether we live in limbo for another god knows how many years or move back to Scotland and just get on with our lives.

Bit of a downer really for us eh?

Jo x

Guest perth42

Oh my I'm dreaming surely 4:26am and the smp is here whoopy dooo!!! Thank you WA for we are listed.. But it asks for ielts band 6 in all areas. We are english do we have to take the exam and jump another hoop?? It's also the highest yrs in job request too... 7yrs!! We are all good on that...just!!!

Guest arun123

So theweirs if somebody already got Sponsorship and Occupation is showing Not available on the list. When its available on the list so they will assess already sponsored applicant first or how they will do.

This is all mess. If Cook does not get priority processing for WA, i will give up my hopes and will look for another option bye bye Australia.

Guest theweirs

Hey Arun

This situation is doing my head in ... phoned WA again, spoke to someone different who says they are honouring old SS applications and are not accepting new ones which means we will move to Priority 2.

Talk about a rollercoaster ride.

Jo x

Guest arun123
Hey Arun

This situation is doing my head in ... phoned WA again, spoke to someone different who says they are honouring old SS applications and are not accepting new ones which means we will move to Priority 2.

Talk about a rollercoaster ride.

Jo x

Man u almost gave me heart attack

I am going to be straight on the phone to my agent this morning when they open. I don't want to get to excited incase another spanner is thrown in.

What happens now can anyone tell me? do we just wait for a CO???

OMG is this happening after all this time?

Jane x

Good Morning Everyone!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Now that WA has released their SMP list there will be those of you that will now be in CATEGORY 2!!:jiggy:

Please come and join the thread "Catergory 2's - Where are you now?" so that we can keep track of any movement.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Kind Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest greenhope

hi to everyone,

good luck to all on the list. the situation for me is so disappointing. although i have an overall ielts 7.5 and occupation (urban and regional planner) is on the list, I am just short 0.5 in writing. Honestly after so many changes in DIAC during last 2 year, having an australian visa seems to be a mission impossible.

i have read on another Post if you already gained State Sponsorship and have applied for visa 176, you will be in Category 2 does not matter occupation is available or not.

Not available applies to new applicant.

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Frequently asked questions

No, I don't think so ...

Best regards.

Guest perth42
Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Go Matilda summary and comment.

Best regards.

Thank you so much for this :biggrin: I woke up at 4:20 ish and haven't been able to get back to sleep as thought we'd have to do ielts... So it's a happy Friday.. We've the 7 yrs, English and trade on smp!! Most welcomed news! Fingers crossed we all get sorted and get our visas soon :wink:

Archived