WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

Guest PommyKas

Congrats to all those whose occupation is on the list! As someone who has been here for almost a year I can say that WA is a beautiful place to live.

I was due to apply for a de facto visa but unfortunately my partner has gotten cold feet so I was hoping (rather optimistically) that legal professional might make the list but no surprise it has not (or so it appears) so back to England it is! Merry Christmas to me! I feel for all those who have not made it.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AndyH78

Gutted, I'm an accountant but a new applicant, fully expected it to be on the list, but no places.

Really don't fancy melbourne, perhaps SA wil need me :(

Guest paulandtara
Finding a sponsor as a primary school teacher in WA is really difficult and probably impossible so yeah stuck in cat 4 :-(

Cherise we thought that about Taras trade (hairdresser) but we wrote to 5 salons and Tara got a job offer from probably the most exclusive salon in Perth. Obviously with hairdressers not on the smp we would have probably been giving up now too, however instead we are in category 1 and expecting our visa a lot quicker than if we were on the smp.

The reason I am writing this is that I know how we would feel if we had waited for the smp and not been on it, so my advice to you is no matter how difficult you think it may be, e-mail every school in Perth if you have to, at the very least you should get some advice of what you need to do to help get you sponsored in the future.

I feel for you but don't give up just yet...

Hi,

I am abit confused is this the list for the SMP?

If it is where the hell are the hairdressers? I already have SS and thought that we would be on there as there are loads of jobs in the paper each week.

I have waited over 2 years for this dream and now its all over, I just want to cry.

April

Hi,

I am abit confused is this the list for the SMP?

If it is where the hell are the hairdressers? I already have SS and thought that we would be on there as there are loads of jobs in the paper each week.

I have waited over 2 years for this dream and now its all over, I just want to cry.

April

sorry makes no odds, i have ss with Q/L but not on their SMP

Hey Carl & Houciaus! Our skill - Archi Tech is in! A toast to you & WA! I'm beyond Elated! Its Wine O'clock tonight! X'mas has come early!!!! Thank you Santa!

Hi Dragter,

I've just read the list! I can't believe it ...I'm so happy ...wooooooooooooooooooooo...:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Guest Karen and Colin

OMG i can't believe :laugh:we are on the list. Yeeha. Lots of celebrating tonight its been a long time coming :laugh:

oh if you are on the smp AND have SS cat 2 4 u!

That's what I hoped for. Might have a little drinky or two tonight.

Am gutted for those that were counting on the SMP and aren't on it. I'd be devastated. Hope something works out eventually for those in that situation.

Criteria for off-list nominations

If an applicant’s occupation does not appear on the WASMOL but is on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s Schedule 4 – Skilled Occupation List, the State is able to consider the applicant as an off-list nomination for state sponsorship.

What does that mean??

Is there posibility to be included existing ss??

Guest yessica76

I am Electronic Engineer and Master Degree in Industrial Engineering.

10 years of experience as Project Engineer/Manager..mainly IT Projects.. I am living 1,5 years in Brisbane. IELST 7.0

My Immigration Agent recommend me to do the assesment in Australian Engineer as Industrial Engineer.. probably next week I will obtain it.

Now, I am not good... I was waiting for WA SMP long time and Electronic Engineer is in the list..but Industrial Engineer IS NOT!!!!!:arghh: Also Ind.Engineer is not in the rest of the list!!!!

What can i do now???!!!!

Thanks,

Guest SusieOR

Hubby is not on the list (Cabinet Maker)...

but at least we already have our SS so it just means no priority processing for us... gutted cause now goodness knows how much more waiting we will have to endure!!!

The questions & answers are quite usefull... here is the link...

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Frequently asked questions

Good Luck everyone... Sx

I have been sponsored by WA in late of june 2010 as a Computing professional.

I had to correlate my ASCO code to the new ANZSCO code and I got my positive assessment 2 months ago.

Now, My occupation is not on the list (But I have the SS from WA)

What should i do ?? is it possible to lodge my application in DIAC ?

Please help me :(((((((((((

Guest paulandtara
Oh well OH is a Hairdresser and applied in Oct 08, got our SS for WA and as Shan said well and truley shafted all along the process, and now we are going to give it up the scum at DIAC leave us in pot 4 so we cant claim or money back thanks 4 F all WA & DIAC

Have you tried finding a sponsor out there?

Guest paulandtara
Nope, missus has had enough and wants to quit the process now. she feels shafted since day one and had enough!!

Of course we are really gutted but really please for the members who got on the listings well done!

Thats a shame because there are salons willing to sponsor hairdressers and it puts you straight to top priority!

Archived