WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

Guest ivyc10

Hi~all

I got a response about applicants who have already got sponsorship and not on the SMP and pending with DICA.(off-list)We have posibility about 50%.

cheers

"As mentioned Skilled Migration WA is negotiating with DIAC, however I am not aware of a time frame for these negotiations.

Until these negotiations are complete your application will remain as Priority 4. If the negotiations are successful your application will become Priority 2, however if unsuccessful it will remain Priority 4.

Once concluded we will inform you of the outcome."

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ivyc10
Who gave you this response ? WA or DIAC ?

Hi~Jimm

I got this response from WA officer.

Let me show you original response.

Dear Chang,

As mentioned Skilled Migration WA is negotiating with DIAC, however I am not aware of a time frame for these negotiations.

Until these negotiations are complete your application will remain as Priority 4. If the negotiations are successful your application will become Priority 2, however if unsuccessful it will remain Priority 4.

Once concluded we will inform you of the outcome.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Department of Training and Workforce Development

Guest MaungMO

I got a similar response from WA also.

Hi Maung,

as per the current processing priorities your application will be processed as Priority 4.

We are currently negotiating for them to be processed as Priority 2 but we are still

waiting for DIAC’s consideration. I am not sure whether or when that would be finalised.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Department of Training and Workforce Development

So still stuck as before. But I'd like some opinions from anyone of you. I also got a SS from ACT and the profession is in SMP (for General Managers). This means I will get priority 2 if I choose ACT. The thing is I feel there is more job opportunities in WA so I am still waiting and hoping something quick would come up with WA? Is the wait worthwhile, knowing the ever changing migration landscape of Australia? Or just get on with ACT SS and SMP and (hopefull) move to ACT, then get on with it?

What do you all think?

I encourage all who decide to post email replies from State Governments verbatim to be aware that their identities can most probably be identified by the relevant State Government.

Also, I think it is bad form to post the names and email addresses of individuals working in Government Departments.

I'm not a moderator, but would invite all who have identified individuals by name and email address in their postings to consider editing them.

Best regards.

I got a similar response from WA also.

Hi Maung,

as per the current processing priorities your application will be processed as Priority 4.

We are currently negotiating for them to be processed as Priority 2 but we are still

waiting for DIAC’s consideration. I am not sure whether or when that would be finalised.

Kind regards,

So still stuck as before. But I'd like some opinions from anyone of you. I also got a SS from ACT and the profession is in SMP (for General Managers). This means I will get priority 2 if I choose ACT. The thing is I feel there is more job opportunities in WA so I am still waiting and hoping something quick would come up with WA? Is the wait worthwhile, knowing the ever changing migration landscape of Australia? Or just get on with ACT SS and SMP and (hopefull) move to ACT, then get on with it?

What do you all think?

You should proceed to choose the ACT sponsorship rather than waiting to see what might happen with WA. I would not be hesitating at all if I were you about selecting ACT SS. Once you have your visa, you can worry about jobs then.

Guest MaungMO
I encourage all who decide to post email replies from State Governments verbatim to be aware that their identities can most probably be identified by the relevant State Government.

Also, I think it is bad form to post the names and email addresses of individuals working in Government Departments.

I'm not a moderator, but would invite all who have identified individuals by name and email address in their postings to consider editing them.

Best regards.

Thanks for this advise. Please tell me how can I edit my post now?

Hi Shane,

I was talking to a contact of mine yesterday who assures me that WA are fighting tooth and nail for all the existing SS holders who aren't on the SMP. So keep believing mate.

Oh and I hope I have read the correct list when you refer to Cooks, Hairdressers etc. I thought Cooks made it on to the list?

Been up to Cottesloe beach and it is a perfect place for a few cold ones mate.

John

Here is the reply I got from WA and I must say its a lousy reply.They are not giving any information regarding there negotiations with DIAC about existing SS holders.I hope John what you are saying is true and they are indeed negotiating ? I give them a reply and said thanks for your lousy reply I already know the answer to ur email :)

" Your sponsorship has been confirmed with DIAC and will be processed as Priority 4.

Regards

Skilled Migration WA

"

I again contacted WA regarding this email and today I got this reply:

" Skilled Migration WA is currently negotiating with DIAC to honour the off list positions that were previously nominated by Western Australia.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Skilled Migration WA

Education and Training International"

This email is really encouraging and I hope they get successful. I did asked them about the time frame for the negotiations and its result, lets hope they give a time period.

Guest majorie c

I called my agent today, and he told me "Off List" mean for new applicant ( those who havent apply) and not old SS like us....???? The new approved "Off List" will get priority 2...but not the old ss...Is it true???

Guest ivyc10
I called my agent today, and he told me "Off List" mean for new applicant ( those who havent apply) and not old SS like us....???? The new approved "Off List" will get priority 2...but not the old ss...Is it true???

Hi~

WA was talking about previous nominated applicants.

You can confirm from WA.

cheers.

Guest ivyc10

Hi~ all

We should send a lot of e-mail and keep pressure to WA.

Priority 2 was ours.

We should ask them about responsibility of sponsorship.

We could get a sponsorship after waiting for a long time.

We should receive a reward for wasted time.

Guest majorie c
Hi~

WA was talking about previous nominated applicants.

You can confirm from WA.

cheers.

Thank you very much

I got a reply from WA regarding the time frame for the negotiations:

" The negotiations are going on currently however we do not have a definite time frame by when a decision could be adviced.

Regards

Skilled Migration WA

Education and Training International "

I hope they are quick and have a positive news for us sponsored applicants.

Cheers

" The negotiations are going on currently however we do not have a definite time frame by when a decision could be adviced.

Regards

Skilled Migration WA

Cheers

Keep the Faith mate. Go to "WA SMP has anyone been appointed a CO yet?" I have posted something on there that might be of interest to you. They need as many people as they can get here in WA mate.

John

Guest SusieOR

Regards

Skilled Migration WA

Cheers

Just out of interest... I realise that if the outcome for these negotiations are positive... they will let us know...

but what if they arent positive??? How will we find out because I cant see them putting that info up on their website???

It would be good to know even if it isnt good news...

Thanks for any thoughts on this???

Susie

Guest SusieOR
Keep the Faith mate. Go to "WA SMP has anyone been appointed a CO yet?" I have posted something on there that might be of interest to you. They need as many people as they can get here in WA mate.

John

Hey John... where abouts is this thread???

Cheers Susie

Hey John... where abouts is this thread???

Cheers Susie

Hi Susie,

It was a post I put on another thread. This is some information I have collected over the past few weeks from radio, news and some business contacts. I have copied it below for you.

Hi all,

As many of you know, I am sitting in WA waiting for my visa grant whilst on holiday. There has been news reports of the WA government growing increasingly impatient with the speed of the processing of visa's and the assignment of case officers. As far as I m lead to believe, WA were told that they would get their migrants that they so critically need. It seems that they are now exerting pressure on the federal government to push through the visa's more quickly.

I have also been talking to a senior manager from a mining company who told me that WA needs 50,000 people per project as we speak. They are well short of that number and are not even attracting inter state workers anymore. The mining companies as you all know, have to pay a tax to the government. This is reputed to be worth billions to the Australian economy, but this figure cannot be reached until they have the workforce in place. Some of the mining companies are planning to lobby the Federal government to also get the workforce they desire.

I knew the work force issue was critical before I got here, but after talking to a lot of important people out here, I think that companies futures are now dependant on DIAC and the Federal government getting down to some very hard work over the next few months to ensure that WA gets what it wants. A few business people I know have also commented on how WA and QLD basically make Australia tick and with QLD in a right state at the moment and WA not being able to get the workers it needs, I can see Julia ending up in a bit of a sticky wicket.

This all seems to be doom and gloom for some people, but I think that it is a great opportunity for us migrants waiting in the wings. The bottom line is now that Australian Government has the QLD crisis and also WA breathing down their necks about a workforce shortage, I think that most of us waiting patiently may get a surprise announcement over the next week or so.

John

Cheers Susie,

John

Archived