WA SS released Today.......

Guest sivakumar

HI ivyc10

You are not the only sep 2009 applicant. There are plenty of us around,you don't need to loose patience though immigration is a tricky process and it does takes time,just hope for the best thinking there are other people waiting as well.

I do hope they conclude their negotiations this week and the result is a positive one for all of us.Best thing for us is to keep checking WA IMMIGRATION website for any news or be in touch with them through emails and phones.

Regards

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gaomenglei

Hi guys,

Has anyone called/got any good news from WA migration about the negotiation so far? I kept checking their website but nothing seems happening.......

Guest SusieOR
Will email them this week to check the status of those damn negotiations which seems to be taking centuries.

What email address are you using? I'll try emailing them too?

Cheers Jimm

Sx

Hi SusieOR

I think that would be an excellent idea,all of us emailing them.

Here is the address:

migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au

Regards

Hi Jimm

havent been on for a while . Its all got a bit depressing to be honest stuck in Cat with WA SS Shocking !!

Just out of interest what are the negotiations that people are waiting for ?

Cheers

Shane

Hi Shano7

Welcome back.Well these negotiations (as per WA Australia migration representative) are conducted by WA Govt with DIAC on behalf of applicants they already sponsored but whose occupations are not listed in WA smp,these negotiations are carried out to have all sponsored applicants moved to cat 2(maybe adjusted in offlist category of the smp).

One of the members called them I think 2 or 3 weeks back and the good lady said, they will have news in mid feb,so thats why we are sending them mails to check whats latest.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Hi jimm so as not to cause confusion I believe the negotiations are only to get the existing off list sponsored into cat 2.

Hi littlem

Yes i believe so,to get all those applicants which WA have already sponsored to be included in cat 2 using offlist nomination places.

Jimm, the negotiations are not for everyone not on the smp, ie hairdressers etc it is purely for the people given an off list sponsorship during 07/08 and 09. This will not take any of the 100 quota for this year. So if you currently hold a Wa ss for an off list occupation that was not on smp u may still get cat 2 if the negotiations are successful. If you have ss for Wa in an occupation which was on their list but not on smp then they are not included in the negotiations...as far as Wa has confirmed to me.... I hope this clarifies

Michelle

Guest cherise

Hi I am not to sure who the current negotiations are for but a while ago around the 20/01 I sent Wa an e-mail regarding the issue because I am a primary school teacher who received an off list nomination in June 2009. I received the following response

Dear *********,

SMWA has not had any new information on the negotiations with DIAC on the off list positions that were previously sponsored.

We will revert to you as soon as we have further information.

I understand it to be applicants who had previously received an off list nomination because they never did make wa skills list so why expect them to make the smp???? and why sponsor new off list applicants when you already have some sponsored??? I dont know its just my thinking!!!! I pray with all my heart that the negotiations are for everybody who has not made the smp because nobody deserves to be stuck at the bottom after having sponsorship!!!

p.s a cat 4 applicant who had previous off list sponsorship by wa was contacted by a case officer today, so maybe there is some good news coming. Hang in there guys.

Hi~all

I sent e-mail many time to know about negotiations.

But,I could not receive any response.

Who has get an information about that?

Regards.

Guest SusieOR
Another week is gone and nothing seems going to be happening.........:SLEEP:

Do you think they are trying to tell us something with their silence!!! :unsure:

I have recieved this email from Western Australia in response to my email.I am sure some of Pomers must have recieved the same stupid response.I dont know who is sitting in their office to answer queires maybe little kids,you ask them one thing and they answer u another.Anyways i have emailed them again lets see what they have to say.Here is the email i got :

" Thank you for your email dated regarding the occupation list relating to the Western Australian State Migration Plan (SMP).

As you may be aware, the state sponsored visa program is one of several categories under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) and is subject to the recently signed Memorandum of Understanding between the Australian and State governments. The state sponsored program relates to eligible occupations for the following visa subclasses:

• 176 Skilled – Sponsored (permanent);

• 886 Skilled – Sponsored (residence);

• 475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (provisional); and

• 487 Regional Sponsored (provisional).

Eligible occupations for this program are listed in the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL).

The compilation of the WASMOL was based on extensive economic and labour market research in mid 2010 which identified those jobs which were in high demand or considered industry-critical in Western Australia. This research included information and priorities provided by industry, facilitated through the State Training Board’s Training Council network.

At that time, the evidence indicated that while there was a demand for Computing Professionals (nec) ( 2231-79), it was not considered Top Priority, so it was not included on the SMP.

It is acknowledged that the State’s labour market does change and as such the WASMOL will be reviewed on an annual basis. Work is already underway for the next review, which is expected to be completed by mid 2011.

The review will take into account the most up to date labour market information and advice from industry. Please note that the inclusion of any new occupations on the WASMOL is subject to endorsement by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

I hope this has been of assistance.

Skilled Migration WA

Education and Training International

Tel : 0061 8 92182100

Fax : 0061 8 92182160

Email: migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au

www.dtwd.wa.gov.au

Level 2 123 Adelaide Tce East Perth WA 6004

Sent: Monday, 14 February 2011 9:37 PM

To: Migration

Subject: Inquiry Regarding sponsored applicants

Ref: WA sponsor ship no SMT-0209-116020

Dear Sir/Madam

I have mailed you sometime back regarding applicants who are already sponsored but their occupations are not on the new SMP list. Could you please tell me any progress on your negotiations with DIAC regarding this ?

Will these negotiations be concluded and result announced this week ?

Will you post it on your website or inform us by email ?

Your kind reply in this regard would be much appreciated as many of us applicants are now waiting for long time to hear about it.

Thanking You.

Sincerely

I have emailed them again :

"

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your detailed email but this information is already provided on the western Australia Migration Website. I was actually referring to the already sponsored applicants like myself by the Western Australia whose occupations are not on the list. A few weeks back your good office informed me in reply to my Query the some king of negotiations are being held with DIAC regarding us already sponsored applicants, so they be included in cat 2.I just wanted to check what is the progress of those negotiations so I know where I stand.

I hope I am clear on this.

Regards

"

lets see what they have to say.

I have recieved this email from Western Australia in response to my email.I am sure some of Pomers must have recieved the same stupid response.I dont know who is sitting in their office to answer queires maybe little kids,you ask them one thing and they answer u another.Anyways i have emailed them again.

Here is the email i got :

" Thank you for your email dated regarding the occupation list relating to the Western Australian State Migration Plan (SMP).

As you may be aware, the state sponsored visa program is one of several categories under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) and is subject to the recently signed Memorandum of Understanding between the Australian and State governments. The state sponsored program relates to eligible occupations for the following visa subclasses:

• 176 Skilled – Sponsored (permanent);

• 886 Skilled – Sponsored (residence);

• 475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (provisional); and

• 487 Regional Sponsored (provisional).

Eligible occupations for this program are listed in the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL).

The compilation of the WASMOL was based on extensive economic and labour market research in mid 2010 which identified those jobs which were in high demand or considered industry-critical in Western Australia. This research included information and priorities provided by industry, facilitated through the State Training Board’s Training Council network.

At that time, the evidence indicated that while there was a demand for Computing Professionals (nec) ( 2231-79), it was not considered Top Priority, so it was not included on the SMP.

It is acknowledged that the State’s labour market does change and as such the WASMOL will be reviewed on an annual basis. Work is already underway for the next review, which is expected to be completed by mid 2011.

The review will take into account the most up to date labour market information and advice from industry. Please note that the inclusion of any new occupations on the WASMOL is subject to endorsement by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

I hope this has been of assistance.

Skilled Migration WA

Education and Training International

Tel : 0061 8 92182100

Fax : 0061 8 92182160

Email: migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au

www.dtwd.wa.gov.au

Level 2 123 Adelaide Tce East Perth WA 6004

Sent: Monday, 14 February 2011 9:37 PM

To: Migration

Subject: Inquiry Regarding sponsored applicants

Ref: WA sponsor ship no SMT-0209-116020

Dear Sir/Madam

I have mailed you sometime back regarding applicants who are already sponsored but their occupations are not on the new SMP list. Could you please tell me any progress on your negotiations with DIAC regarding this ?

Will these negotiations be concluded and result announced this week ?

Will you post it on your website or inform us by email ?

Your kind reply in this regard would be much appreciated as many of us applicants are now waiting for long time to hear about it.

Thanking You.

Sincerely

I have emailed them again :

"

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your detailed email but this information but it is already provided on the western Australia Migration Website. I was actually referring to the already sponsored applicants like myself by the Western Australia whose occupations are not on the list. A few weeks back your good office informed me in reply to my Query the some king of negotiations are being held with DIAC regarding us already sponsored applicants, so they be included in cat 2.I just wanted to check what is the progress of those negotiations so I know where I stand.

I hope I am clear on this.

Regards

"

lets see what they have to say.

Archived