GSM Processing Times and Possible Delays with the SMPs

George Lombard

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rule has now changed to - submission of IELTS within 28 days of your application. This only applies to people from non English speaking countries. If you wish to earn 25 points, then even if you are from an English speaking country you need to sit the IELTS exam and gain 7 in each module. Which country are you from ?

Apologies, my comprehension late at night is pants (I originally looked at the posts at 1:30am the other night). I must stop looking at this website at midnight to 2am when my brain is grinding to a halt through tiredness and addled by red wine. Just getting the kids to switch the light off now. School holidays - what a life.

By the way, we're from Scotland.

cheers

Mr Moo

Guest ben1980

hello, everyone. Do you think the applications of 175 or 176 visa before 1/7/2010 and after 1/7/2010 are being processed simultaneously? What I mean is DIAC has arranged two groups to respectively deal with the old and new applications for 175 or 176 visa.

hello, everyone. Do you think the applications of 175 or 176 visa before 1/7/2010 and after 1/7/2010 are being processed simultaneously? What I mean is DIAC has arranged two groups to respectively deal with the old and new applications for 175 or 176 visa.

When I spoke with DIAC the other day, they said that new applicant were NOT getting priority, or at least shouldn't be. Any cases of that happening are to be considered anomalies. They indicated they were still trying to figure out the new processing order within Cat3.

Guest bindog1uk

Does anyone know why the DIAC are taking so long to process anything, apart from a few who have now been allocated case officers there seems to little or no movement, we still have no cat 2 so why aren't things moving for cat 3's. July 1st was the start of the new year, fresh start with thousands of us waiting endlessly for this years quota, but still movement.

Were we expecting too much from the DIAC, hoping that the new year we would see some visa's being issued at least in some higher numbers.:arghh::arghh: What are they doing all this time, out for coffee:arghh::arghh:

Guest stillwaiting79

Anyone able to clarify this for me?

My application (176 Fam sponsored) was lodged in Oct 2008 under old SOL - would mine fall into Priority 3?

Cheers.

Anyone able to clarify this for me?

My application (176 Fam sponsored) was lodged in Oct 2008 under old SOL - would mine fall into Priority 3?

Cheers.

Since your occupation is not on the new SOL, you will fall under Priority Processing 4.

Guest perth1

Hi all I spoke with DIAC in Adelaide yesterday and got some positive news. The nice English lady i was speaking to said we should expect a case officer in the next couple of months. She said currently senior members in Adelaide were going through all applicants and identifying applications that are now on the new SOL but were not on the CSL as they feel these are the applicants who have been waiting longest. She said they are dealing with applicants from Dec 07/ Jan 08 and feels they should go through these applications very quickly as there are not a huge amount outstanding. She said they would be dealth with in date order. She did however tell me to give a ring back after the general election as things may change.

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi everyone got a question. I contacted the DIAC by email about what proirity a nurse would get with a state sponsership visa ( SS gained after july 1st) and they went on to tell me all about the new processing priorities. NOTHING related to being a NURSE. Why has the website got proirity given to nurses and doctors and yet they cannot comment what this actually means in real terms.

Hi all I spoke with DIAC in Adelaide yesterday and got some positive news. The nice English lady i was speaking to said we should expect a case officer in the next couple of months. She said currently senior members in Adelaide were going through all applicants and identifying applications that are now on the new SOL but were not on the CSL as they feel these are the applicants who have been waiting longest. She said they are dealing with applicants from Dec 07/ Jan 08 and feels they should go through these applications very quickly as there are not a huge amount outstanding. She said they would be dealth with in date order. She did however tell me to give a ring back after the general election as things may change.

This is good news, I am really glad that they are going through the applications in date order, I do worry about the part though where she says about calling after the general election. I am keeping everything crossed for everyone that there are not any negative changes folliwing the election!!!!

Guest archisami

Hi,

I don't know if somebody talks the same subject somewhere,but I am very curious to know that what will happen on the August 22nd?

1st senario:Gillard saves the power,hopefully no need to change the cabinet so the SMP will be released and the show must go on . . .

2nd senario:oposition wins the election and there is no seat for CHRIS anymore, so as we see in the caretaker that immigration issue was subject that liberal-national disagree on, what will be the destiny of SMP?

Do they approve and finalise it as the labor minister promised to or they have their own style?

pls help!!!!!! can any one tell me after SMP do we have to give IELts again to get ^6each........ i applied 885 hairdressing in sep 09 and SA ss in nov 09...............got ielts 6 ,6, 7, 5=6 pls suggest me

Here is the English language criterion that was applicable when you applied:

Either:

(a) the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation is in Major Group IV in the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations, and the applicant has vocational English; or

(b) the applicant has competent English.

You can use Google for definitions of the terms used above.

I suggest you put your SMP questions to a registered migration Agent.

We spoke to our agent today,( who is in oz ) and he has told us that at the min no one knows whats going on. Its all up in the air. He also told us that ss visa's he has sent in are still taking 6 to 12 mths. Its just a waiting game!:rolleyes:

Guest blackberry

Hi!

I applied for my 175 in April 2008, currently on priority group 3, still no response at all not even a CO allocated, I'm just hoping they will allocate a CO soon. Do you happen to know what they are processing at this stage? and how long do you reckon that I may have to wait?

Saying "no one knows what is going on" is perhaps not quite correct.

Has your agent spoken with anyone in a position of relative seniority within skilled visa processing in the last couple of weeks?

I'm pretty comfortable saying that priority category 3 occupations are being processed by the ASPC in broadly order of submission. Whether or not such applications are Sponsored by a State or Territory Government is irrelevant.

There are no priority category 2 applications at the moment due to the absence of SMPs.

In the event that SMPs are published we can expect cat 3 applications to stop being allocated to case officers almost immediately.

Best regards.

Hi!

I applied for my 175 in April 2008, currently on priority group 3, still no response at all not even a CO allocated, I'm just hoping they will allocate a CO soon. Do you happen to know what they are processing at this stage? and how long do you reckon that I may have to wait?

With an April 2008 priority 3 application I'd be lodging a Post Lodgment Enquiry to make sure your application has been allocated to a case officer:

General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

Good luck!

This is good news, I am really glad that they are going through the applications in date order, I do worry about the part though where she says about calling after the general election. I am keeping everything crossed for everyone that there are not any negative changes folliwing the election!!!!

The reality is that the immigration political bun fight that is going on at the moment and the increasingly likely prospect of a Coalition win in the Federal election means the SMPs may not even eventuate.

Remember that the SMPs are the brainchild of the ALP Immigration Minister (albeit with input from his Department, I'm sure).

All of which is likely to be good news for priority cat 3 applications - and maybe even cat 4s ... one can never tell these days ...

Best wishes to all.

Guest blackberry
With an April 2008 priority 3 application I'd be lodging a Post Lodgment Enquiry to make sure your application has been allocated to a case officer:

General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

Good luck!

Thank you Allen. I am not sure if my agents lodged a post lodgement enquiry as yet, but I am waiting for them to make a decision about weather or not if I should submit the medicals without been requested. Thanks for your advice again it's really helpful. :smile:

Guest GemandJay
Thank you Allen. I am not sure if my agents lodged a post lodgement enquiry as yet, but I am waiting for them to make a decision about weather or not if I should submit the medicals without been requested. Thanks for your advice again it's really helpful. :smile:

Hi Blackberry

I think Alan is suggesting that YOU can submit a post lodgement enquiry, you do not have to wait for your agent to do it for you. Having been waiting since April 08 I think you should send the form asap and you never know it might give them the nudge they need to look at your case.

Good Luck really hope you get some good news soon.

Gemma

Guest intellect20

As per latest processing priority announcement, applications in Category 3 will be processed with relevance of lodgement date.

If anyone know that if a Category 3 applicant from 2009 that has been assigned with a CO, will his application processing be delayed due to the processing burden of 2007 and 2008 applicants who have been on hold because of being Non-CSL.

Saying "no one knows what is going on" is perhaps not quite correct.

Has your agent spoken with anyone in a position of relative seniority within skilled visa processing in the last couple of weeks?

I'm pretty comfortable saying that priority category 3 occupations are being processed by the ASPC in broadly order of submission. Whether or not such applications are Sponsored by a State or Territory Government is irrelevant.

There are no priority category 2 applications at the moment due to the absence of SMPs.

In the event that SMPs are published we can expect cat 3 applications to stop being allocated to case officers almost immediately.

Best regards.

Guest DUDreams
Hi Blackberry

I think Alan is suggesting that YOU can submit a post lodgement enquiry, you do not have to wait for your agent to do it for you. Having been waiting since April 08 I think you should send the form asap and you never know it might give them the nudge they need to look at your case.

Good Luck really hope you get some good news soon.

Gemma

I'm also in same situation. Is it ok if I submit PLE directly without using my agent ? my application was submitted by my agent,

cheers

Archived