GSM Processing Times and Possible Delays with the SMPs

George Lombard

Guest Jane1991

QLD migration office - SMP could take months

WA migration office - It would be reasonable to expect it in september ( said that after a little prodding )

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragsterwish
QLD migration office - SMP could take months

WA migration office - It would be reasonable to expect it in september ( said that after a little prodding )

I guess all State's SMP are ready and awaiting signature at DIAC's office. Whoever takes over the office would have to decide what to do with it based on his/her political inclination/agenda.

Thus, the various States' govt can only guess with varying degree of optimism/pessimism the time needed to resolve the current political stalemate and get the SMPs out.

For me, i'm going back to my nap and let the policians sort themselves out in the Election mess before checking on the progress of the SMP..... zzzz.......:SLEEP:

Guest noskich

Hi, Since there are no state sponsorship lists yet does that mean that the applications that fall under schedule 3 will be processed right after ENS applications? Could that mean that they may be processed very fast in a few months? Thanks

Guest JK2510

The ens applications aren't dealt with at the ASPC. They deal with the cat 3 applicants and eventually the cat 2 when and if SMPs are released. They are currently processing cat 3s in date of lodgement. They are currently processing feb-may 2008 applicants. I wouldn't say they are moving fast at the mo.

Hope this helps.

Guest noskich
The ens applications aren't dealt with at the ASPC. They deal with the cat 3 applicants and eventually the cat 2 when and if SMPs are released. They are currently processing cat 3s in date of lodgement. They are currently processing feb-may 2008 applicants. I wouldn't say they are moving fast at the mo.

Hope this helps.

I don t understand, Schedule 3 priority refers only to the applicants AFTER July 1st 2010, and you are mentioning 2008: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf This list applies to all GSM applicants from the date of commencement of the new Skilled Occupation List on 1 July 2010 including those who qualify for the transitional arrangements but choose to apply under the new SOL. Applicants can only nominate an ANZSCO occupation from 1 July 2010. The ASCO codes correlated to ANZSCO occupations provide DIAC-endorsed policy guidance for the purposes of acceptable skills assessments. An applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation.

I don t understand, Schedule 3 priority refers only to the applicants AFTER July 1st 2010, and you are mentioning 2008: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf This list applies to all GSM applicants from the date of commencement of the new Skilled Occupation List on 1 July 2010 including those who qualify for the transitional arrangements but choose to apply under the new SOL. Applicants can only nominate an ANZSCO occupation from 1 July 2010. The ASCO codes correlated to ANZSCO occupations provide DIAC-endorsed policy guidance for the purposes of acceptable skills assessments. An applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation.

Hi Noskich,

Schedule 3 is part of the new SOL list which refers to applicants after July 1st 2010.

Cat 3 is part of the processing list. They are 2 separate things. You get your visa processed denpending in which CAT you fall in to.

Cheers,

John

Guest noskich
Hi Noskich,

Schedule 3 is part of the new SOL list which refers to applicants after July 1st 2010.

Cat 3 is part of the processing list. They are 2 separate things. You get your visa processed denpending in which CAT you fall in to.

Cheers,

John

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I still don t see the difference between the two.

Please look here: Client Service Charter

Processing priority groups

The following table details processing priorities for GSM applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first.

Priority group number

Applications 1 From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

2 From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's state migration plan.

3 From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL). See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 – in effect from 1 July 2010

4 All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

According to my understanding the category 3=priority group 3 consists only of the people who applied after 1 July 2010 and nominated a profession on the schedule 3.

Or are you trying to say that the category 3 consists also of people who applied for the profession which is now on the Schedule 3 list before 1 July? But if you mean this doesnt that imply that these people need to lodge a new application for skills assessment in order to get the ANZSCO code? Furthermore, I read in order to get the new code they have to re-submit the application again? I m confused, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I still don t see the difference between the two.

Please look here: Client Service Charter

Processing priority groups

The following table details processing priorities for GSM applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first.

Priority group number

Applications 1 From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

2 From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's state migration plan.

3 From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL). See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 – in effect from 1 July 2010

4 All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

According to my understanding the category 3=priority group 3 consists only of the people who applied after 1 July 2010 and nominated a profession on the schedule 3.

Or are you trying to say that the category 3 consists also of people who applied for the profession which is now on the Schedule 3 list before 1 July? But if you mean this doesnt that imply that these people need to lodge a new application for skills assessment in order to get the ANZSCO code? Furthermore, I read in order to get the new code they have to re-submit the application again? I m confused, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Yes, you are right. Category 3 consists of applicants whose occupations were on the old SOL and are now on the new SOL as well even if they applied in 2008. Since these applicants had already lodged their application for GSM, they neither have to redo the skills assessment nor apply for a new visa. Their occupation will transfer to the ANZSCO Code.

At the moment, Category 3 consists of applicants whose occupations are on the NEW SOL only. The can be 175, 176 (family or SS), 475 as well as the onshore visas. However, when the new SMPs are released many from Category 3 will move up to Category 2 and their visas will get processed faster.

Guest rupani
Hi, Since there are no state sponsorship lists yet does that mean that the applications that fall under schedule 3 will be processed right after ENS applications? Could that mean that they may be processed very fast in a few months? Thanks

Hi,

You will be happy to know that currently applicant of category 3 are receiving the case officer and and to date May 2008 applicants have been assigned CO.

Regards

Guest noskich
Hi,

You will be happy to know that currently applicant of category 3 are receiving the case officer and and to date May 2008 applicants have been assigned CO.

Regards

Yeah, thanks, I just applied couple of days ago for 885 visa as a recent graduate under Schedule 3. I guess I will have to wait a very long time. I cant go under the state sponsorship as I got no work experience.

But, to be honest finding a job worries me more than PR, as a graduate without experience I cant get any interviews. :frown:

Guest noskich

May I just ask, I submitted electronic application for 885 visa to the centre in Brisbane (BSPC) and not to the Adelaide one. The new Brisbane centre processes everything online, i.e. there s no need to send any physical documents, just upload the scans.

Does this mean they will process applications faster?

Thanks,

May I just ask, I submitted electronic application for 885 visa to the centre in Brisbane (BSPC) and not to the Adelaide one. The new Brisbane centre processes everything online, i.e. there s no need to send any physical documents, just upload the scans.

Does this mean they will process applications faster?

Thanks,

No, it doesn't . Your application will be processed within the DIAC's recommended time frame. In your case it might take up to 18 months from the initial date of lodgement.

Hope this helps.

Guest noskich
No, it doesn't . Your application will be processed within the DIAC's recommended time frame. In your case it might take up to 18 months from the initial date of lodgement.

Hope this helps.

Well, I read that myself as well, but it s UP TO, so it might be before that. With my ACS assessment they claimed it takes around 12 weeks and I got it in 4 weeks, so I guess no one knows, it s luck, some people get faster even though someone else applied at the same time...

Well, I read that myself as well, but it s UP TO, so it might be before that. With my ACS assessment they claimed it takes around 12 weeks and I got it in 4 weeks, so I guess no one knows, it s luck, some people get faster even though someone else applied at the same time...

That is exactly what i meant when i said "UP TO". You need to chill out. It will happen when the time is right. There is nothing you can do about it. It's in the hands of some DIAC bureaucrat now.

Hope this helps.

I don't have any expectations whatsoever. I came to realisation that this whole visa process is nothing more than a lottery. If you are lucky , you will get it. If not , well, bad luck.

I am cool with it all. :biggrin:

Guest JK2510

I thought you were a cat 4 caz honey as your avatar always attracts me to your posts. I just wanted to pop the cat 3 bit in as there are still some people on PIO that are totally confused by all the changes. Your more than welcome to join the cat 3 club we will save you a space!! Lol

Hi Jodie!

I am a Cat 4!!

DIAC is adjusting my situation, as I am an Engineer NEC.

But I just need to get a letter from Engineers Australia, to solve my situation...it´s complicated...Anyway, the letter is on the way....as soon as I receive it, I have to send it to DIAC, and then after 1 month, 1 will be considered Cat 3!!! :jiggy:

I hope you do save a space for me! Or I will change my avatar! :tongue:

Hi Jodie!

I am a Cat 4!!

DIAC is adjusting my situation, as I am an Engineer NEC.

But I just need to get a letter from Engineers Australia, to solve my situation...it´s complicated...Anyway, the letter is on the way....as soon as I receive it, I have to send it to DIAC, and then after 1 month, 1 will be considered Cat 3!!! :jiggy:

I hope you do save a space for me! Or I will change my avatar! :tongue:

So, are you saying that DIAC have agreed that they will allow you to change your nominated occupation? I must have missed something - I hadn't heard that they were doing that!

Archived