GSM Processing Times and Possible Delays with the SMPs

George Lombard

Guest blackberry
Hi Blackberry

I think Alan is suggesting that YOU can submit a post lodgement enquiry, you do not have to wait for your agent to do it for you. Having been waiting since April 08 I think you should send the form asap and you never know it might give them the nudge they need to look at your case.

Good Luck really hope you get some good news soon.

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

I have spoke to my agent, he mentioned that they got some medical requested for priority cat 3 applicants applied end of December 2007. I was also told that there are about 20 applicants on the same cat. before me to be allocated to CO's. So basically I've been told be patient, to be honest I am kind of used for the waiting now, I just hope they will get it over and done with before things get even delayed...

Thanks for your reply. How is your application going?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510

Hi,

Spoke with my agent today about the order of processing and at the moment they are not putting a pattern up! It seems a little like a lucky dip! They did day a few weeks back that a dec 2008 applicant got a CO! I think it's a question of tome and to see what pattern develops!

Guest blackberry
I'm also in same situation. Is it ok if I submit PLE directly without using my agent ? my application was submitted by my agent,

cheers

Hi,

When did you lodge your application? and what priority cat. your in now? Just curious, trying to figure out if there is a pattern in this CO allocation business.

cheers!

Hi Gemma,

I have spoke to my agent, he mentioned that they got some medical requested for priority cat 3 applicants applied end of December 2007. I was also told that there are about 20 applicants on the same cat. before me to be allocated to CO's. So basically I've been told be patient, to be honest I am kind of used for the waiting now, I just hope they will get it over and done with before things get even delayed...

Thanks for your reply. How is your application going?

Hi Blackberry,

plz put your timeline on this thrade

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

so We can share valuable information from each other.

thank you.

Guest DUDreams
Hi,

When did you lodge your application? and what priority cat. your in now? Just curious, trying to figure out if there is a pattern in this CO allocation business.

cheers!

Jan 2008, 175 , now in Cat 3. Called up ASPC last week and was told that it will be allocated to CO in 2 months time.

cheers

I'm also in same situation. Is it ok if I submit PLE directly without using my agent ? my application was submitted by my agent,

cheers

Hi DUDreams,

We all are in same boat. plz put your time line on this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

so we can share valuable information from each other.

Thank you.

Guest blackberry
Jan 2008, 175 , now in Cat 3. Called up ASPC last week and was told that it will be allocated to CO in 2 months time.

cheers

Hi again,

Thanks for sharing that information. I guess, late 2007-early 2008 applicants who still haven't got a CO allocated are anxiously waiting for their turn. What's hard to figure is if there is a pattern on this CO allocation process. At my agents, the medicals been requested for late 2007 December applicants. By the look of it, they shouldn't take 2 months for you to allocate a CO, maybe if we know how many applicants all together from Dec-2007 to April-2008 we could predict how long. In my situation my agent told me that there are about 15 people ahead of me to be allocated!, BUT, I've seen some posts that CO's been allocated for some Feb-2008 applicants a;ready. So, clearly allocation of CO's by the date of lodgement is questionable. Just keep your fingers crossed, I hope you and all the others will get some good news soon enough. Maybe at the meantime you could try to arrange the pending documents such as PCC and perhaps medicals (at least keep the forms ready and necessary documents).

Good luck to all of us!

Cheers

Guest jupiter123

Hi,

Any gues about what happens to applications which are in Cat 4 now and have been contacted by CO for the second time to have our medicals and PCC redone since our 1st set expired in July'2009!!We have applied way back in May'2008, had CO allocated before Sept 23,2009 after which there was no progress. We were earlier in Cat 5 ( SS ) and now in Cat 4 and have again been contacted by a new CO on July 09,2010 to get our PCC and medicals redone.We did that and have sent it to them. But no response post that.

:mad:

Hi again,

Thanks for sharing that information. I guess, late 2007-early 2008 applicants who still haven't got a CO allocated are anxiously waiting for their turn. What's hard to figure is if there is a pattern on this CO allocation process. At my agents, the medicals been requested for late 2007 December applicants. By the look of it, they shouldn't take 2 months for you to allocate a CO, maybe if we know how many applicants all together from Dec-2007 to April-2008 we could predict how long. In my situation my agent told me that there are about 15 people ahead of me to be allocated!, BUT, I've seen some posts that CO's been allocated for some Feb-2008 applicants a;ready. So, clearly allocation of CO's by the date of lodgement is questionable. Just keep your fingers crossed, I hope you and all the others will get some good news soon enough. Maybe at the meantime you could try to arrange the pending documents such as PCC and perhaps medicals (at least keep the forms ready and necessary documents).

Good luck to all of us!

Cheers

Guest blackberry
Hi,

Any gues about what happens to applications which are in Cat 4 now and have been contacted by CO for the second time to have our medicals and PCC redone since our 1st set expired in July'2009!!We have applied way back in May'2008, had CO allocated before Sept 23,2009 after which there was no progress. We were earlier in Cat 5 ( SS ) and now in Cat 4 and have again been contacted by a new CO on July 09,2010 to get our PCC and medicals redone.We did that and have sent it to them. But no response post that.

Hi Jupiter,

Sounds like quiet a journey for you there...I can't comment or say anything about Cat 4, to be honest I can't even tell anything about my own application which is Cat. 3. At least be happy that your application is getting attention by a CO, clearly you have been reassigned after the mid year changes, maybe it will turn out well. Let's hope they will finalize your application soon! Best of luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Sorry just an amendment, I wasn't quiet sure exactly at what date they did the new priority arrangements, the new CO, was it before or after the new arrangements?

Guest jupiter123

Definitely our CO asked us to have our medicals and PCC redone before this new priority list came in place.We were contacted by our CO on July 09,2010 and the new list came in on July 14,2010.

:arghh:

Hi Jupiter,

Sounds like quiet a journey for you there...I can't comment or say anything about Cat 4, to be honest I can't even tell anything about my own application which is Cat. 3. At least be happy that your application is getting attention by a CO, clearly you have been reassigned after the mid year changes, maybe it will turn out well. Let's hope they will finalize your application soon! Best of luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Sorry just an amendment, I wasn't quiet sure exactly at what date they did the new priority arrangements, the new CO, was it before or after the new arrangements?

Guest blackberry
Definitely our CO asked us to have our medicals and PCC redone before this new priority list came in place.We were contacted by our CO on July 09,2010 and the new list came in on July 14,2010.

Hi again,

This is what I'm aware of, the priority processing arrangements is an administrative measure it acts retrospectively. So even if you are on final stage of processing having requested Medicals etc, and they do some changes next day it will effect your application. Bit of an unlucky situation there. Having said that, you never know what will happen, it's unfair to be honest. But that's how the game is played. I just hope you will get some good news soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Best of wishes

Guest jupiter123

But could anyone explain what does the 4 Schedules for SOL refer to in the newly published SOL.

Coz we are in Schedule 1,2 and 4 and not in Schedule 3 ( For new GSM applications ) and we have applied way back in May'2008 and also been contacted by a CO on July 09,2010.

Guest intellect20

Schedule 4 is kept in SOL for state nomination. If states nominate any occupation in Schedule 4 and it is also approved for SMP, then it will come on Priority 2. So pray and hope that your occupation is selected.

But could anyone explain what does the 4 Schedules for SOL refer to in the newly published SOL.

Coz we are in Schedule 1,2 and 4 and not in Schedule 3 ( For new GSM applications ) and we have applied way back in May'2008 and also been contacted by a CO on July 09,2010.

Guest jupiter123

What about Schedule 1 , 2 since we are present in them but not on Schedule 3. Schedule 1 and 2 also tals about applicants before July 01,2010. I'm not clear on this part?

Guest Mongobear
What about Schedule 1 , 2 since we are present in them but not on Schedule 3. Schedule 1 and 2 also tals about applicants before July 01,2010. I'm not clear on this part?

Hi Jupiter,

schedule 1 refers to the old (pre July) SOL, schedule 2 are the pre-July state-sponsorship jobs. Both are not relevant any longer. If your occupation is only on these two schedules then you're lost in priority group 4.

Cheers

Uli

Do the above mean that even though your are in Priority Group 4 as your occupation isn't on SOL Schedule 3 you have been contacted by/appointed a Case Officer on July 9th 2010?? Can you confirm???? If yes that means they are processing Cat 4! Are you onshore or offshore?

If your occupation ISNT on SOL schedule 3 you are in Cat 4 currently because:

-Cat 1 is ENS/RSMS and has a completely different amount of set places and processing does not take place at either the ASPC or BSPC so really Cat 1 is irrelevant for anyone applying for 175,176,885, 886's etc.

-Cat 2 is state sponsored (if you previously had state sponsorship approval and once the SMP's are released your occupation is on your applicable state's list you will be in Cat 2.

-Cat 3 is for people nominating an occupation listed on the new SOL Schedule 3. This is regardless of if they applied before or after July 1st (so for me in Cat 4, somebody who applied after July 1st 2010 with an occuaption on SOL Schedule 3 will be processed before me).

-Cat 4 is for everyone else who doesn't come under one of the above

As for the Schedules:

1. Is the list of occupations which everybody who applied for GSM could use prior to July 1st 2010-so as you applied in 2008 your occupation will be on it of course

2.This applies to international students ONLY..it is for transitional arrangements.

3. This is the new list of occupations which anyone who applied after July 1st 2010 must use if they want to lodge

4. The list is similar to Schedule 1 and it is a list which states can use to pick occupations they want on their state migration plans (SMP's)

Guest HoriFTC
Do the above mean that even though your are in Priority Group 4 as your occupation isn't on SOL Schedule 3 you have been contacted by/appointed a Case Officer on July 9th 2010?? Can you confirm???? If yes that means they are processing Cat 4! Are you onshore or offshore?

If your occupation ISNT on SOL schedule 3 you are in Cat 4 currently because:

-Cat 1 is ENS/RSMS and has a completely different amount of set places and processing does not take place at either the ASPC or BSPC so really Cat 1 is irrelevant for anyone applying for 175,176,885, 886's etc.

-Cat 2 is state sponsored (if you previously had state sponsorship approval and once the SMP's are released your occupation is on your applicable state's list you will be in Cat 2.

-Cat 3 is for people nominating an occupation listed on the new SOL Schedule 3. This is regardless of if they applied before or after July 1st (so for me in Cat 4, somebody who applied after July 1st 2010 with an occuaption on SOL Schedule 3 will be processed before me).

-Cat 4 is for everyone else who doesn't come under one of the above

As for the Schedules:

1. Is the list of occupations which everybody who applied for GSM could use prior to July 1st 2010-so as you applied in 2008 your occupation will be on it of course

2.This applies to international students ONLY..it is for transitional arrangements.

3. This is the new list of occupations which anyone who applied after July 1st 2010 must use if they want to lodge

4. The list is similar to Schedule 1 and it is a list which states can use to pick occupations they want on their state migration plans (SMP's)

They are squarely not processing Cat 4 applications, the priority processing rules were changed on the 14h July, 5 days after they were contacted by a CO, and apply to all applications.

Guest jupiter123

In that case,definitely I'm now on Cat 4 and even when I was contacted by a CO to have my PCC and medicals for the 2nd time within these 2.5 years,I think I would once again have to wait for an indefinite period before my turn hops in.

Poor me in this case.

Oh yeah, forgot that the priority processing came in on July 14th...was thinking it was July 1st for some reason. Damn!

In that case,definitely I'm now on Cat 4 and even when I was contacted by a CO to have my PCC and medicals for the 2nd time within these 2.5 years,I think I would once again have to wait for an indefinite period before my turn hops in.

Poor me in this case.

Hi Jupiter, have you contacted your CO to see if they would accept Meds PCs off you now? Have they contacted you to say don't get them done now?

Imagining an applicant in exactly the same boat as yourselves but not a member of a forum like this and not keeping up to date with the changes in immigration, they could easily have arranged meds to be done before the new 14th july priority changes and forked out more money again on a CO request, before being notified not to go ahead - surely on these grounds there could be some kind of argument to continue processing a case??

It seems so unfair, to be asked for get meds done twice, getting hopes risen only to be dashed less than a week later. Feel so sorry for you, and others in a similar position and hope that they may just continue with your processing :wubclub:

Sarah

Guest jupiter123

Thanks for your concern.

Even I'm going through the same thought process as yours. I never knew things would change so drastically within just 5 days after we were very near to our dreams.This time we thought we were nearing the milestone but then Aug 14, had to show something else to us.

No really dont know what to do,coz I am doubtful about having our profession(My wife being primary applicant and profession is Management Consultant) to be included in the new SMP to come since the same is not there in SOL neither in SA SOL.

And definitely we cant do much by contacting our CO now,coz we have already done the 2nd PCC and medicals and sent them back to ASPC.Only God can do some miracle.Keeping our fingers crossed and thanks for your concern again.

:confused:

Hi Jupiter, have you contacted your CO to see if they would accept Meds PCs off you now? Have they contacted you to say don't get them done now?

Imagining an applicant in exactly the same boat as yourselves but not a member of a forum like this and not keeping up to date with the changes in immigration, they could easily have arranged meds to be done before the new 14th july priority changes and forked out more money again on a CO request, before being notified not to go ahead - surely on these grounds there could be some kind of argument to continue processing a case??

It seems so unfair, to be asked for get meds done twice, getting hopes risen only to be dashed less than a week later. Feel so sorry for you, and others in a similar position and hope that they may just continue with your processing :wubclub:

Sarah

Thanks for your concern.

Even I'm going through the same thought process as yours. I never knew things would change so drastically within just 5 days after we were very near to our dreams.This time we thought we were nearing the milestone but then Aug 14, had to show something else to us.

No really dont know what to do,coz I am doubtful about having our profession(My wife being primary applicant and profession is Management Consultant) to be included in the new SMP to come since the same is not there in SOL neither in SA SOL.

And definitely we cant do much by contacting our CO now,coz we have already done the 2nd PCC and medicals and sent them back to ASPC.Only God can do some miracle.Keeping our fingers crossed and thanks for your concern again.

:confused:

If they decide to put a hold on your processing once again, is there anybody complaints can be made to? for example a type of ombudsman, it's certainly not on if they give you the go ahead to spend maybe a thousand GBP (I don't know how much you've paid) for meds and pcs only for them to put you on hold and wait for them to expire again, I feel so infuriated for you jupiter, :arghh: so god knows how you are feeling. God damn DIAC what a complete utter farce!!!

Guest jupiter123

I know its an utter farce but cant help.It now gives me options now to think applying for a UK visa now, coz I dont know how long this waiting is gonna last for this Oz visa.Its already been 2.5 years now.:confused:

If they decide to put a hold on your processing once again, is there anybody complaints can be made to? for example a type of ombudsman, it's certainly not on if they give you the go ahead to spend maybe a thousand GBP (I don't know how much you've paid) for meds and pcs only for them to put you on hold and wait for them to expire again, I feel so infuriated for you jupiter, :arghh: so god knows how you are feeling. God damn DIAC what a complete utter farce!!!

Guest carlj3108
Hi, have you seen this update to SA site?

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

I don't quite get it, SMPs will be announced in September, but SA will tell their applicants NOW whether they're on the list?

Hi Lenore,

do you have to contact S.A. to find out if you're going to be on the list? I couldn't see anything on the site listing proposed occupations on the SMPs

Carl

Archived