Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

Guest VickyMel
Hi,

I think it's soo close to call at the moment! I have a feeling(based on what happened in the UK in may.) No party will have the overall majority!

I wonder where that would leave us??

Maybe it will leave us straddled on the border of two states and we will have to work in one state half the year and another the rest. :eek:

That or they will argue about SMP and not bring it in until the next election.:arghh:

Libbys mum I see a poll coming on to see what people think about whether the SMPs will even materalize!

:wideeyed: what vision you have :wink:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/92627-smp-government-yes-no.html

You tempted Rach to run with that one.

Rach - you should have included the possibility of a coalition government in that thread :arghh:

VickyMel

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Thanks Caz

That was really interesting info - and Vic are making me smile again saying no great surprises - just hoping we are not one of the ones off the new list..?

Well guys hopefully it looks hot for the end of Sept/ early Oct as far as the states are concerned.

VickyMel

Can I say Oct 30th - ACT

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Guest rachbarlow
I am still hoping to be the winner.... :daydreaming:

No me please me!!!!! hehe!!

I'm sticking to the 4th oct for all of them!!!:goofy:

Are you a betting man/woman??

I thought it might be a fun idea to hold a sort of competition about the release date of the first SMP. There won't be any prize per se, other than the winner will get to bask in the glory that they were right!! :spinny:

Respond to this thread stating which state you think will release their SMP first and on which date. You don't have to name a particular state if you think that the release will be synchronised - ie all states being released on the same day, just reply "synchronised release"

Only one person can nominate any particular state on any particular date, so first come first served. (more than one state can be nominated per date, so for example somebody might say VIC on the 21st August and somebody else might say WA on 21st August - thats fine) :policeman:

I'll go first and say synchronised release - December 1st, reason being it'll be our 1st anniversary since lodging our visa, and have no other way of predicting :goofy:

I'll try to keep the list updated as often as I can on the front page so people know whats still available. Ill use a colour key as shown below to identify which state any particular person has chosen.

So come on peeps guess away, cos lets face it, thats what this whole charade is just lately a guessing game!!

Final date for entries: 20th August 2010

Colour Key: Synchronised Release ACT NSW WA SA VIC QLD NT TAS

July

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th John gilfilan Winner of the Losers!! Prize - one more stab at it!!

30th

31st

August 2010

1st matjones

2nd CharmedP3

3rd Ozzieland

4th Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

5th

6th

7th garynhelen

8th FO4

9th

10th dennisfamily hellsbells

11th kevin jc

12th

13th nick and sez

14th

15th

16th

17th cazhoney

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th Karl Linsey and Kids

25th cazmayo

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th Janie101

31st spongebob

September 2010

1st chriscarina janice1uk

2nd dragsterwish

3rd Bootco

4th

5th bug family reza

6th littlem kazzarazza Houciaus2010 HoriFTC

7th universal17

8th clicketteuk

9th msldq

10th JK2510

11th

12th

13th clayer

14th bindog1uk

15th rooperman

16th lees

17th GemandJay

18th proud2beaussie

19th

20th pluto

21st Calie

22nd GMERIN53

23rd VickyMel

24th

25th ed and jen

26th

27th Mids

28th

29th

30th gmac jules37

October 2010

1st ashleymhale Diz

2nd

3rd

4th rachbarlow

5th nomad2000

6th Louise1971

7th alex2010

8th Midlander

9th

10th

11th tattykj

12th

13th

14th

15th jumbojet John Gilfilan

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th Manj

31st

November 2010

1st Thamby

2nd

3rd

4th

5th claireg

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

December 2010

1st Libbysmum

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd suters

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

January 2011

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

:cry::cry:dennisfamily, hellsbells, kevin jc, nick and sez, So sorry, thats another 4 fallen by the wayside!! Although all of you who have nominated prior to september have now resigned yourselves to the fact you have pretty much NO CHANCE in this competition lol!!:biglaugh:

Today is 15th of August, that means there are 5 more days to get your entries in for this competition, Last date being august 20th.

Please make sure you nominate a State of your choice along with the date. You may also choose "synchronised release" if you think all will be released at the same time.

Loads of combinations left, Not had that many takers in this competition really, is everybody waiting till last minute, for the most up to date rumour mongering in order to be in with a better chance of winning??:yes:

Sarah:wubclub:

Guest VickyMel
I am still hoping to be the winner.... :daydreaming:

I´m sorry guys, but August 17th is cooming up! NSW will release it´s SMP! :tongue:

Bad luck Cazhoney :mad: I'd have been very happy to see you win.

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
I tried to have another go but was flatly refused :arghh:

If they change their minds, bagsy 4th December.

You will have to try bribing Libbysmum with a fig roll !

... if you have any left :laugh:

Vickymel

Guest JK2510

Vickymel

Hi

I don't think he would want to part with any of those! It's like the last rolo story!

Vickymel

Hey Cheeky, :cute:

People smoke, people drink, people apply for a visa to australia and wait years....I nibble Fig Rolls:biggrin:

Thats not a bad idea, I will have to send Libbysmum a wee message with the offer of a Jaffa Cake or something similar, as theres not a chance in hell I am parting with me fig rolls. Even though I have none in stock....You see, over the weekend I accidently devoured a pack whilst having ONE cup of tea! Yes you heard correctly, ONE cup of tea. I could have sworn I had one, two or Three at max but not a whole packet.

So I have been good this week and stayed away from them and got in some extra cycling to couter act the biscuit intake. However, I have been experiencing the cold sweats, may have to get a quick fix to get me through these hard times.

Hi

I don't think he would want to part with any of those! It's like the last rolo story!

Another cheeky one hey, just like VickyMel :cute:

I shall have to keep my eye on you two cheeky poms.

I doubt Libbysmum will give me the chance to have another go. I have tried in the past but she refused me. How could she refuse little ole me?

Guest KatyNick

I think I'll go:

9th October for WA

Only reason being it is my birthday and it would be a fab present to get onto WA's SMP and then for things to hopefully start moving again!

Hi Libbysmum,

Your looking well today.........errrmmmm any chance of having another go??:err:

Hey Wolla, no amount of a*** licking will get you another go :biglaugh:

It's a competition and it's got to remain fair to all I'm afraid, If I give everyone another go there will be fewer and fewer dates available as time goes on, and people won't then be able to have another go.

:wink: I could of course hold you to ransom and get you to send me caseload of your cherished figrolls in return for another entry :biggrin:

Archived