Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

Guest VickyMel
Aawww thats unfair my fingers did slip off the keyboard...honest!.:eek:..Its them Fig Rolls fault, I knew I had too many whilst at the laptop...they should write that on the packet. WARNING - DO NOT USE KEYBOARD IF EATING THESE TASTY TREATS - CAN CAUSE SLIPPERY FINGERS :wideeyed:

So what happens to the other dates that do not get used? :biggrin:

Do you not mean what happens to the other figs?!:wink:

I have a similar problem (although have not had fig rolls for ages) - I like to nibble the biscuit layer from around the outside before proceeding to the centre - so sticky fingers all round.

OK I think a trip to the shops for fig rolls is in order.

Thanks for this thread Sarah - it is absolutely brill one of my first ports of call on PIO.

And you are handling us sooooo well. :biggrin:

I see from the front page there are a few more hopefuls coming up next week

Aug

7th garynhelen

8th FO4

9th

10th dennisfamily hellsbells

11th kevin jc

You know we would all love you to win!

Vickymel

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Louise1971
Hi Louise, do you have a specific state in mind? or do you think they'll all be released at the same time? Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah, think it will be a blanket drop of all the state plans. Surely they must all be in place by now just a matter of who wins the election. Thanks

Louise

(cough, Splutter) eerrrr how can you say Fig Rolls are 'yuk', there beaut (trying to get into my aussie lingo already). :biggrin:

Of course I like Chocolate but theres no other companion to go with a cuppa, than a fig roll! MMmmm:notworthy:

Ahh Wolla, I've got to say I'm with JK on this one, it's got to be chocolate, my fav with a cuppa has to be a kitkat, bite each end off and use like a straw until the inside melts to the outside and then devour mmmmmmmm heaven:yes: Finger licking good :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Is the list for Queensland out? Can someone pls share the link where i can track all lists, if any?

Sorry there are no SMP lists out yet, and the forecast is that it won't be until at least september, which is after the australian election. So we are all in for a bit of a wait yet, although I suppose we've all got used to that now from DIAC.:frown:

Guest VickyMel
Is the list for Queensland out? Can someone pls share the link where i can track all lists, if any?

If they are out where can we track them? How do we know they are out or not? Is there a link somewhere to track this?

None of them will be out until after the election.

I personally think the best way to track them is on one of these forums as you can be sure that the day they are out it will be posted on here. Lots of people check regularly plus the friendly agents :hug: generally pop in to tell us of important developments.

People will be talking about it on threads like this one - because as soon as rumours or news comes out we will be seeking every bit of gossip and truth. :chatterbox:

Plus the moderators :hug: will know that it is an important topic to us and put it in the "sticky threads" at the top of the migration issues section of the forum.

You could also check for it on the DIAC web site, and the state you are with or want to go to - but it is a heck of a lot less effort to keep a eye out on here. :biggrin:

We could have another thread - with the competition of which thread will be the first with the news! I think this one would stand a good shot at winning.

Goodluck

VickyMel

If they are out where can we track them? How do we know they are out or not? Is there a link somewhere to track this?

Hi Sid, you can go to each of the individual states immigration websites and keep track from there. I am watching out for SA's SMP here: General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Im sure you'd find the right page if you just browsed all the other states websites, otherwise just keep checking here on PIO, I'm sure as soon as there is any sniff of an SMP being released it will be posted here, . Everybody on here is so eager and waiting in anticipation, I don't think you'd miss it to be honest.

Sarah

Hi, can I take 25th Aug for WA

(rationally its very soon after the election but its my birthday!!) would be a lovely birthday present.

waiting, waiting, waiting, not so patiently:wub:

cheers caz

Hi,

Its my birthday tomorrow and I just found out that the great job about to be offerred to me won't be anymore because they found someone local after two months of trying. I was hoping to go the subclass 121 Category 1 route, now I'm stuck in Category 4 until the SMPs come out. Some birthday! Let's hope I get a late birthday present from DIAC and I'm on the SMP.

:sad:

Michael.

Guest VickyMel
Hi,

Its my birthday tomorrow and I just found out that the great job about to be offerred to me won't be anymore because they found someone local after two months of trying. I was hoping to go the subclass 121 Category 1 route, now I'm stuck in Category 4 until the SMPs come out. Some birthday! Let's hope I get a late birthday present from DIAC and I'm on the SMP.

Michael.

Oh Michael that is awful :hug:

But if one person wants you there are sure to be others out there - keep trying.

Have a great birthday tomorrow and I hope the SMPs work in our favour when they come out.

Vickymel

Are you a betting man/woman??

I thought it might be a fun idea to hold a sort of competition about the release date of the first SMP. There won't be any prize per se, other than the winner will get to bask in the glory that they were right!! :spinny:

Respond to this thread stating which state you think will release their SMP first and on which date. You don't have to name a particular state if you think that the release will be synchronised - ie all states being released on the same day, just reply "synchronised release"

Only one person can nominate any particular state on any particular date, so first come first served. (more than one state can be nominated per date, so for example somebody might say VIC on the 21st August and somebody else might say WA on 21st August - thats fine) :policeman:

I'll go first and say synchronised release - December 1st, reason being it'll be our 1st anniversary since lodging our visa, and have no other way of predicting :goofy:

I'll try to keep the list updated as often as I can on the front page so people know whats still available. Ill use a colour key as shown below to identify which state any particular person has chosen.

So come on peeps guess away, cos lets face it, thats what this whole charade is just lately a guessing game!!

Final date for entries: 20th August 2010

Colour Key: Synchronised Release ACT NSW WA SA VIC QLD NT TAS

July

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th John gilfilan Winner of the Losers!! Prize - one more stab at it!!

30th

31st

August 2010

1st matjones

2nd CharmedP3

3rd Ozzieland

4th Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

5th

6th

7th garynhelen

8th FO4

9th

10th dennisfamily hellsbells

11th kevin jc

12th

13th nick and sez

14th

15th

16th

17th cazhoney

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th Karl Linsey and Kids

25th cazmayo

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th Janie101

31st spongebob

September 2010

1st chriscarina janice1uk

2nd dragsterwish

3rd Bootco

4th

5th bug family reza

6th littlem kazzarazza Houciaus2010 HoriFTC

7th universal17

8th clicketteuk

9th msldq

10th JK2510

11th

12th

13th clayer

14th bindog1uk

15th rooperman

16th lees

17th GemandJay

18th proud2beaussie

19th

20th pluto

21st Calie

22nd

23rd VickyMel

24th

25th ed and jen

26th

27th Mids

28th

29th

30th gmac jules37

October 2010

1st ashleymhale Diz

2nd

3rd

4th

5th nomad2000

6th Louise1971

7th alex2010

8th Midlander

9th

10th

11th tattykj

12th

13th

14th

15th jumbojet John Gilfilan

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

November 2010

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th claireg

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

December 2010

1st Libbysmum

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd suters

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

January 2011

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

Another 2 Bite the Dust!! garynhelen and FO4 - Sorry Guys :cry:

Anybody else fancy joining in? You've got until 20th August to submit your choice.

Remember to include a date and a state. Check out the rules and the most up to date list will be on the first page:wubclub:

Hi,

Michael.

OMG thats awful!!!! not the birthday surprise you had in mind.

I think the 121's are taking too long! They are suppose to be cat 1, yet they are taking several months (i read on one post 8!!!!). Being self employed before myself, thats just crazy. I hope your occupation is on your chosen SMP and you move to Cat 2. It might take a few more months, but you will have an independent visa, and wont be tied to your employer.

Chin up, hope your celebrating your next birthday in Oz!!!!!

SMPs only weeks off!

Happy Birthday!

Kind Regards

Caz

November 1st.....did that go down like a tonne of bricks?:eek:

:laugh:HaHa I don't think any of us would be shocked anymore however long they put off releasing them - IF THEY EVER DO :goofy:

You haven't told me which state you'd like to nominate, can you let me know please?

sarah:wubclub:

Guest Thamby
:laugh:HaHa I don't think any of us would be shocked anymore however long they put off releasing them - IF THEY EVER DO :goofy:

You haven't told me which state you'd like to nominate, can you let me know please?

sarah:wubclub:

OH - WA

And this is providing J Gill stays PM which I think she will :GEEK:

Guest JK2510

A colalition government it could be?! The SMPs may not or never materialise for quite a while yet!

My date in September is not looking great! LOL

ps: excuse the spelling!!

Guest rachbarlow

After thinking deeply, which is a little late in the day! How about never as a date???? Or having a competition on 'guess how long the SMP will last!!'. :twitcy:Can I have that to??!!

I think that the other gov will get in, maybe implement it for a bit and then scrap it to their system...... which will of course take many months to implement but the major change of halting processing will happen overnight......and it will be reformed as the SDL..... (state demand list)! I have the name for it already DIAC! Same process different name with maybe a few more Cat's added back in the bargain!!!!!:daydreaming:

I just cannot make any sence of this at all anymore, not that I could in the first place after a 1st july 2010 cat 3 app was approved? I am really pleased for them..... but just cannot help but think what this whole thing is about.............................

Guest JK2510
lets hope present gov stay in power!!! and then the smp's can be acted upon.

a new gov could spell a whole new set of changes.

cheers caz

Hi,

I think it's soo close to call at the moment! I have a feeling(based on what happened in the UK in may.) No party will have the overall majority!

I wonder where that would leave us??

It seems good for the cat 3s! I was feeli

g positive for a CO soon but the whole July 2010 applicant is a farce to the whole system!

Libbys mum I see a poll coming on to see what people think about whether the SMPs will even materalize!

Archived