Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon all,

My broadband internet is soooooooo slow this afternoon that it reminds me alot like the Australian immigration system :cute:

Libbysmum - I knew you would crack under the pressure sooner rather than later. :biggrin:

Of course you should let this competition run a few months longer, at the very least it gives us something to do whilst we are on here. I would have said we don't need a competition to occupy our minds as we can have a great conversation but I know what happens when you and your 'mates' get together and pick on me. You know who you are...not mentioning any names....JK???? & Vic????? :wideeyed:

Can I please please have the 4th December 2010?

Hope you all had a good weekend apart from the crap weather.

Afternoon all,

My broadband internet is soooooooo slow this afternoon that it reminds me alot like the Australian immigration system :cute:

Libbysmum - I knew you would crack under the pressure sooner rather than later. :biggrin:

Of course you should let this competition run a few months longer, at the very least it gives us something to do whilst we are on here. I would have said we don't need a competition to occupy our minds as we can have a great conversation but I know what happens when you and your 'mates' get together and pick on me. You know who you are...not mentioning any names....JK???? & Vic????? :wideeyed:

Crack under the pressure?? :no: Anyways you gotta be glad you didn't have to part with any fig rolls to get another go:biggrin:

Hope you've not been eating too many this weekend, what with all this bad weather and all, sitting in front of the TV having a cuppa and a biccy. I've heard too many can cause an issue in the bowel department :biglaugh:

Anyhow, I presume you still want QLD? I've put you down for it if not just shout!!

Guest VickyMel

Been travelling around a bit so only popping into internet cafes at the moment to see PIO! Glad to see this thread chatting again as I love it - even if we are all becoming loosers.

Sit down and have a talk about our future plans?! I must explain to rich that those talks are a two way thing and not a nod or a grunt!! Or the usual it's up to you dear!!

Bad luck JK, I've semi given-up (although still patheically hopeful that somewhere down the line we may get lucky) and my OH has all but given-up and when i dare broach the subject again I suspect he will also not be keen to discuss anything Oz related other than alternatives now.

I was wondering whether to open this competition up again to both newcomers and those whose first guess was wrong, as I'm so bored sitting around doing nothing!!

Any thoughts? Do you think it fair:huh: It is only a bit of fun after all. Who knows, they may NEVER materialise!!

If people are happy for me to reopen the competition to all then I guess I will have to include a good few months into 2011, but how many? All 12 maybe Or maybe I should go as far as 2012, 2013 and 2014:twitcy:

Hurray!!!

Thanks Libbysmum I'm glad you are opening it up again as my guess is about to pass by soon.

Now I have the chance to become a looser twice! (I doubt I will be a winner even once!)

Just don't let Fig Roll Matt have another guess - he's just a pest and a stirrer and does not deserve to win! :biglaugh:

Of course you should let this competition run a few months longer, at the very least it gives us something to do whilst we are on here. I would have said we don't need a competition to occupy our minds as we can have a great conversation but I know what happens when you and your 'mates' get together and pick on me. You know who you are...not mentioning any names....JK???? & Vic?????

See what I mean

Matt you checky beggar !!:wideeyed: You know me JK and myself are wonderful people and are only doing it for your own good.

I for one had a great weekend - helped my sister worm sheep & got covered in all sorts of muck!

Hope you've not been eating too many this weekend, what with all this bad weather and all, sitting in front of the TV having a cuppa and a biccy. I've heard too many can cause an issue in the bowel department :biglaugh:

Mmmmm - I ate a packet of them yesterday and am staying near the loo today!

Might get rid of some of the awful things that probably got into my mouth yesterday though!

Openn again! This time I will be the winner.....LOL

Always the optimist!! Keep it up Caz

Hope loads more folks join us and come and have a guess on here ...

VickyMel (full of fig rolls )

I think, the first state who will release its SMP will be West Australia on 12th November 2010 and the last state will be South Australia as I am waiting for it - may be on 17th December 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VickyMel

Bumping the thread seeing that ACT are starting to mumble a few words about the SMPs. Who knows they may be the first to announce and soon???

Not my state but any words uttered out of the states are like fig rolls to my tummy (that means lovely to me) as it at least means they have not forgotten us.

Libbysmum I think you may have a run on ACT date suggestions in the next few days!

If I was to predict that there is a run on ACT guesses the next few days and I am right... will I win a prize???

Guest VickyMel
hmm Victoria says they'll put it after 28th Oct

Eligibility Lists - Live in Victoria

Thanks for the info - but its actually the 18th - a typo you must have hit the wrong key.

Being the ultimate pessimist - I worry about the word "after" its like these adverts that will give you up to 100% satisfaction - yeah that would include 3%.

So it could still be Novermber or any time thereafter (Oh my pessimism has gopne out of control since lodging a visa :wink:)

I notice the front page of this thread has a load of people with guess dates coming up soon. Maybe they had insider info as there are some very hopeful mumurings around at the moment

George Lombard's comment on SMP quotas

Migration Minister to address the MIA conference - hopefully he will give some positive news re SMPs ???

ACT checking people the have given SS to are still interested...

The rumours are starting to look a little more hopeful.

Libbysmum please can I put in a new guess date for the announcement - if so can I go for all states on the 22nd October 2010.

Thanks

Good luck all SSers hope we all become SMPers - I think it is only fair that after many of the the states saying they wanted absolute committment from us - that they honour this by providing committment to us in the same way and do their best to ensure we can get onto the SMP list.

VickyMel

Thanks for the info - but its actually the 18th - a typo you must have hit the wrong key.

Being the ultimate pessimist - I worry about the word "after" its like these adverts that will give you up to 100% satisfaction - yeah that would include 3%.

So it could still be Novermber or any time thereafter (Oh my pessimism has gopne out of control since lodging a visa :wink:)

I notice the front page of this thread has a load of people with guess dates coming up soon. Maybe they had insider info as there are some very hopeful mumurings around at the moment

George Lombard's comment on SMP quotas

Migration Minister to address the MIA conference - hopefully he will give some positive news re SMPs ???

ACT checking people the have given SS to are still interested...

The rumours are starting to look a little more hopeful.

Libbysmum please can I put in a new guess date for the announcement - if so can I go for all states on the 22nd October 2010.

Thanks

Good luck all SSers hope we all become SMPers - I think it is only fair that after many of the the states saying they wanted absolute committment from us - that they honour this by providing committment to us in the same way and do their best to ensure we can get onto the SMP list.

VickyMel

Yes it was a typo as I'm so overwhelmed about dates :wub:

Guest VickyMel
Yes it was a typo as I'm so overwhelmed about dates :wub:

I know the feeling they change so often! :twitcy:

The next time we look it may well say the 28th October!

It said September the last time I looked.

They didn't say the year! 2010 or 2011!! Lol

nothing would shock me now!

You are being too optimistic for me Jodie :wink: why did you leave off 2012?

Guest dragsterwish

Another Immigration News on The Age newspaper. Good to see more news about this issue and turning the politician's attention to this area again. Hopefully its positive attention!

Immigration slumps, population growth plunges

Immigration slumps, population growth plunges

Tim Colebatch, Canberra

September 30, 2010

Population growth in decline.

AUSTRALIA'S population growth is in free fall, with net immigration slumping 37 per cent year on year in the March quarter to its lowest level in years.

The Bureau of Statistics reports that net immigration plummeted from 98,138 in March 2009 to just 61,780 in the same quarter this year. It is the lowest figure for a March quarter since the bureau adopted new definitions in 2006.

For the entire year to March, net overseas migration plunged by 25 per cent, from 320,362 in 2009 to 241,352 this year. Most of that fall was in the last six months, after the Rudd government closed the back door allowing foreign students in low-level courses to stay on as permanent migrants.

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott pledged in the recent election campaign to cut net overseas immigration to 170,000 by 2012. The bureau figures suggest most of that had already been achieved by March, with the trend suggesting further falls in coming months.

Total population growth for the year to March fell by 15 per cent, from a record 471,475 in the year to March 2009 to 403,082 a year later. Australia's population growth rate dropped from 2.2 per cent to 1.8 per cent.

Lower population growth reduces pressure on house prices and urban infrastructure, such as crowding on trains and traffic congestion. But it also implies slower economic growth, and means fewer skilled workers for business. The plunge in immigration was partly offset by a record number of births, which soared to 303,585 as Australia's fertility rate continues to climb towards an average of two children per woman.

By contrast, the death rate has continued its fall to new record lows. Despite the rapid population growth, deaths in the year to March fell from 143,347 to 141,755. Victoria's death toll fell by 2.2 per cent, twice as much as the national average.

The slump in migration and population growth was most intense in resource states. In the March quarter, net overseas migration to Victoria and New South Wales was down 34 per cent in both states, compared with a 48 per cent fall in Western Australia and a 44 per cent fall in Queensland.

It comes as net interstate migration to Queensland has almost ground to halt. In the March quarter the bureau estimates only a net 1430 people moved north, the lowest quarterly figure since 1981.

In an almost unprecedented event, Queenslanders moving to Victoria in the March quarter outnumbered Victorians moving to Queensland. While 4280 Victorians moved north, 4471 Queenslanders moved south.

For the year to March, overall, 2004 more people moved to Victoria from other states than moved out of Victoria to other states. The state's population has now topped 5.5 million, growing by 106,790 or just under 2 per cent. WA was the fastest-growing state for the year to March, growing 2.3 per cent.

Fig rolls yummy!!! But would prefer the smp's to be out

Bumping the thread seeing that ACT are starting to mumble a few words about the SMPs. Who knows they may be the first to announce and soon???

Not my state but any words uttered out of the states are like fig rolls to my tummy (that means lovely to me) as it at least means they have not forgotten us.

Libbysmum I think you may have a run on ACT date suggestions in the next few days!

If I was to predict that there is a run on ACT guesses the next few days and I am right... will I win a prize???

Archived