Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GemandJay
Well hello there ladies (VickyMel & Libbysmum)

How are things?

I have seen the light and I think a major announcement will be made on the 27th October! :cute: That date came to me in a dream, as well as the hollywood acrtress Rachel McAdams covered in Fig Rolls! :biggrin: but the date was more of a sign. So could you put me down for that date please libbysmum?

I am heading off to the Australian Expo this Saturday, have any of you two been to one before? I was hoping I could peck someone's head as to what actually happens at one. I have read briefly that you meet employers and immigration agents? I sure hope so as I would like to get some juicy gossip on the SMP's and also, spread the word of my fantastic skills as a Joiner to potential employers.

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Maybe take a few packets of fig rolls ... you'll need them... have you got far to travel if so I'd re think about going, sorry to sound soooooo negative, but we went to the one in London last month, my OH is a Carpenter/ Joiner and he said it was a waste of time unless you don't have SS or you are a midwife or a Dr. If you want or need anymore info just let me know.

Libbysmum think it could be around 1st November so my 2nd guess is going to be (drum roll please)..........8th November 2010

Thanks

Gemma

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vicky, yes still taking bets LOL.

Thanks Sarah.

I am heading off to the Australian Expo this Saturday, have any of you two been to one before? I was hoping I could peck someone's head as to what actually happens at one. I have read briefly that you meet employers and immigration agents? I sure hope so as I would like to get some juicy gossip on the SMP's and also, spread the word of my fantastic skills as a Joiner to potential employers.

I've not been to one of the expos - although did got to and ACT presentation a while back (don't tell VIC :wink: but there were no VIC specific ones). Have to say the ACT presentation was brilliant and made me want to reconsider my allegencies a little - they appear to have a very professional SS team. Didn't gain too much from it but it was one heck of a positive feeling that I was actually doing something.

Wolla - not sure if you'll manage at the expo - I hear they only give out damp rich teas!

:biglaugh: Oh dear - he might get a grump on!

If I can be given a second chance at this, I would say 15th November for ACT.

We sweet talked Sarah :biggrin: into giving us a second chance when out first guess was wrong. Actually we were a pain in the butt and eventually we wore her down to bend the rules.

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT THAMBY IS LOOKING QUIDS IN FOR NOVEMBER 1ST!!

ALL BETS OFF? :jiggy:

Thamby - I will be very happy if you win the bet!

Although its not quids in but rather figs biscutes in :laugh:.

Or maybe given Smithys comment - we should switch to damp rich tea biscutes :frown:

Fill up those slots folks - we don't want noone to win!

VickyMel

Guest dragsterwish

Victoria State has just announced that their SMP would be delayed again from 18th Oct 2010 to 1st Nov 2010.

What's new?? This delay is getting all so familiar.... :arghh:

Guest VickyMel
Victoria State has just announced that their SMP would be delayed again from 18th Oct 2010 to 1st Nov 2010.

What's new?? This delay is getting all so familiar.... :arghh:

Thanks for the update - I notice they have not update their website. It will be interesting to see if they write AFTER 1st Nov or whether that every extending word after will be removed.

Yup - all too familiar and depressing.

Thamby is smiling a bit more now as their guess is looking better all the time.

Edit:

Just looked at another VIC page (looks like the first one I looked at had not been updated from their last suggested potential date)

and the one that is showing 1st Novermber is still using the dreaded word "after :arghh:" 1st Nov.

This pm I have been updating my web every now and then to follow the progress of the miners in Chile - they have just got the 13th miner out - even VIC pushing back the time again will not stop me smiling today.

Thanks for the update - I notice they have not update their website. It will be interesting to see if they write AFTER 1st Nov or whether that every extending word after will be removed.

Yup - all too familiar and depressing.

Thamby is smiling a bit more now as their guess is looking better all the time.

Edit:

Just looked at another VIC page (looks like the first one I looked at had not been updated from their last suggested potential date)

and the one that is showing 1st Novermber is still using the dreaded word "after :arghh:" 1st Nov.

This pm I have been updating my web every now and then to follow the progress of the miners in Chile - they have just got the 13th miner out - even VIC pushing back the time again will not stop me smiling today.

After!! Give it a week or so and that will probably change!!

This whole SMP is making a mockery of the whole migration programme! Whoops they have already done that!! :laugh:

Could you put me down for the 1st november.

Thanks

Hiya Jules, You didn't specify your state and I lost the details of what you said last time, so Have put you down for Synchronised release, if you want another please just shout and I'll change it (WA has gone though - Good Luck Thamby!!)

Libbysmum think it could be around 1st November so my 2nd guess is going to be (drum roll please)..........8th November 2010

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Gemma, Oops, lost which state you nominated last time, so at the moment you are down for Synchronised release, if you think different just give me a shout and I'll change it.

Well hello there ladies (VickyMel & Libbysmum)

How are things?

I have seen the light and I think a major announcement will be made on the 27th October! :cute: That date came to me in a dream, as well as the hollywood acrtress Rachel McAdams covered in Fig Rolls! :biggrin: but the date was more of a sign. So could you put me down for that date please libbysmum?

Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky Wolla:mad: - You've had your second chance, you asked for december 4th, and until this date has passed (which i sincerely hope it doesn't!), you won't be getting anymore chances, My My, you are a chancer aren't you:tongue:

Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky Wolla:mad: - You've had your second chance, you asked for december 4th, and until this date has passed (which i sincerely hope it doesn't!), you won't be getting anymore chances, My My, you are a chancer aren't you:tongue:

Hey Libbsymum,

There is no harm in trying was there. And its 'Mr Sneaky' to you missy :biggrin:

Vickymel - I managed to get to the Expo yesterday and it wasnt up to my expectations at all. The G-Mex centre in Manchester is huge and here was me thinking that the entire place would be soley dedicated to Australian immigration and visas etc.....I couldnt have been more wrong.:swoon:

Dont get me wrong it was good to go and see what was about but its mainly catered for the newbies of the processing, the queue to see a consultant was huge!!

Anyway, after seeing what I wanted to see for Australia I hopped over to the Canadian exhibitions and was chatting to several immigration people,regarding my chances and also attended a few seminars! It was great.

I know I know, I was only suppose to go for Australian details but I think everyone has to have a 'Plan B', so Canada is mine.

Hope you and your partner in crime (libbysmum) had a good weekend,

Cheers

Matt

Guest VickyMel

Hi Sarah & All

Thought I would post a link to a comment made today by Alan Collett.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97514-signing-smps-imminent.html#post885866

seemingly one of the states suggesting it might "imminent".

Claire posted on the SMP countdown thread that DIAC's server is down for a bit this weekend and suggested that hopefully it is because they may be getting ready for SMPs.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97014-smp-countdown-6.html#post885430

Lets hope we will be congratulating winners on the competition soon. From the front page hopefuls for the prize over the next few weeks.

Colour Key: Synchronised Release ACT NSW WA SA VIC QLD NT TAS

October 2010

22nd KarlLynseyandKids

23rd

24th

25th smithys

26th littlem

27th

28th kevinjc

29th VickyMel

30th Manj

31st

November 2010

1st Thamby Jules37

2nd

3rd

4th

5th claireg

6th

7th

8th GemandJay

9th

10th

11th

12th altafhk

13th

14th

15th ozzieland

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th Janice1uk

28th

29th

30th

Check the voting rules and other available dates on the first page of this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91135-who-do-you-think-will-first-release-their-smp-when-competition.html#post815412

Hi Sarah & All

Thought I would post a link to a comment made today by Alan Collett.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97514-signing-smps-imminent.html#post885866

seemingly one of the states suggesting it might "imminent".

Claire posted on the SMP countdown thread that DIAC's server is down for a bit this weekend and suggested that hopefully it is because they may be getting ready for SMPs.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97014-smp-countdown-6.html#post885430

Lets hope we will be congratulating winners on the competition soon. From the front page hopefuls for the prize over the next few weeks.

Hi Vicky, yes thanks for that, I saw it too, am a bit of an obsessive on here too straight on as soon as the little ones have me up from bed. Just hopeful that its right and we get put out of our misery now. The more time is going on the less worried I am about when they get released, the more worried I am that SA include our occupation!! Already we have seen SA stop accepting Applications for certain occupations within a week or so of beginning to accept new ones. It seems to indicate they may not have avery big quota, and this worries me, even if they do have our occupation whos to say it isn't really oversubscribed??? I don't have any idea how they are gonna work it.

Guest VickyMel

Its a pity we don't have stats about how many applications the states had processed and are still outsanding.

I think some of the states were setting themselves their own internal quotas even before the SMPs were announced. Perhaps this is what is happening - I imagine they got a bulk of applications when they reopened of people who had been waiting for months. With luck what it means for you is that they are monitoring the situation and it sounds as if they know what sort of figures they will be allowed and hopefully they are planning accordingly so as to honour the previous applicants.

We can but hope!

I am half way between dreading and begging for the announcement - will be so gutted if we are not on the SMP list.

Worst it sounds as if VICs is not out by 2nd Nov the elections there mean it may not come out until late this year probably next year... You will hear me screaming worldwide if every other state announces and VIC doesn't!

Good luck all

Vickymel

WA 1st November (on oz time and 31st Oct on pom time)

Sorry, WA taken for the1st of november by Thamby, If you have a look the choices are colour coded. Synchronised release has also been taken for the first. You can either change the date or change your choice of state.:wubclub:

Sorry, WA taken for the1st of november by Thamby, If you have a look the choices are colour coded. Synchronised release has also been taken for the first. You can either change the date or change your choice of state.:wubclub:

Seeing as i am in WA and i will get to see monday first and i pre called it months ago........Novemer 1st IS MINE HAHA :biglaugh:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Thamby

Your (and Jules37) bet is looking very good at the moment - with all these rumours. You must be smiling away to yourself.

The best thing is that all of us will be chuffed to bits if you win :jiggy:

So Libbysmum - what actually is the bet on - the day they announce it or the day it takes effect? Or is it the day the SMP occupation list is published..?

Just trying to worry Thamby a bit :wink:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a rush on the betting

Colour Key: Synchronised Release ACT NSW WA SA VIC QLD NT TAS

October 2010

27th

28th kevinjc

29th VickyMel

30th Manj

31st

November 2010

1st Thamby Jules37

2nd

3rd

4th

5th claireg

6th

7th

8th GemandJay

9th

10th

11th

12th altafhk

13th

14th

15th ozzieland

other dates all on the first page

Hi Thamby

Your (and Jules37) bet is looking very good at the moment - with all these rumours. You must be smiling away to yourself.

The best thing is that all of us will be chuffed to bits if you win :jiggy:

So Libbysmum - what actually is the bet on - the day they announce it or the day it takes effect? Or is it the day the SMP occupation list is published..?

Just trying to worry Thamby a bit :wink:

It will be the day the SMP list is published, and that will be Australia time/date. There might yet be a spanner thrown in the works on this though, imagine maybe 2 or 3 states publish their lists on the same day, there will not be an outright winner then - didn't think of that one:biglaugh:, but hey what the heck, I think as long as the dates right who cares. It's looking more and more like it'll be synchronised release though as it seems all states are ready.

Am soooooo excited:jiggy: yet so terrified:shocked: Don't think Im gonna sleep well from now till monday:wacko:

Archived