Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the feeling they change so often! :twitcy:

The next time we look it may well say the 28th October!

It said September the last time I looked.

You are being too optimistic for me Jodie :wink: why did you leave off 2012?

2012 Dooms day guys!!! No Aussie No World :radar:

Ooooohh things look like they may be starting to move with the SMP's!! Been on and off PIO all day today but not had time to post, even though there's nothing definitive at least there is some news coming and great that it is direct from a state government. Lets hope that the ministers speech at the MIA conference enlightens us at last!!

Vickymel, got your new guess - I think it looks good:wink:

Not had many more takers for this competition, hopefully now people might start having a stab at it, like you said I reckon theres gonna be a roll of people taking a guess this coming week. C'mon keep me busy guys:biggrin:

Ok guys thought I'd add my ''guess'' !!!

This thread looks like fun so.................25th October??!!

Love Rose.

ps I don't really like Fig Rolls that much but am partial to a Hob Nob!!!!! xx

That's exactly what this thread is Rose. A bit of fun whilst were waiting for the release of the SMPs!

Hobnobs are like a bit of cardboard but will eat them if I'm desperate! Lol

When I mentioned Fig Rolls way back many moon's ago, I was heckled at the mere suggestion, but looking through this thread I can see many secret admirers of the tasty treat. Come on now, lets hear you!

Hob nobs are ok, I dont like the chocolate ones but I wont say no to a hob nob.

I think this thread should change its title to 'Biccies that we know and love'?? ...too cheesy?? :eek:

Anyway, I sure hope the rumours of the SMP's being released in October are sooo true. It would make a nice very early Christmas present :cute:

Hope you all had a good weekend, sorry its been a while since I have been on here. Had things to do you see like.......like.....errrrr counting my ears eerrrr and working....oh and scuba diving. Phew for a minute there I thought I was a 'billy no mates' with no life.

Cardboard!!!!!!!???????

They are all that is required in a biscuit! Especially when covered in chocolate.

Fig rolls remind me of stuff you need to eat when constipated! haha!

But with the risk of sounding too 'out there' - I quite like a Jammy Dodger (have I gone too far?!)

:wink:

That's exactly what fig rolls are used for in our house! When rich is constipated!!!

They should be kept on the shelve in the supermarkets next to the paracetamol!!!

Life has been pretty miserable up here in Manchester, too much rain. Suppose to be nicer tomorrow though. hooray.

How are things down south?

Raining! :(:(

Cardboard!!!!!!!???????

They are all that is required in a biscuit! Especially when covered in chocolate.

Fig rolls remind me of stuff you need to eat when constipated! haha!

But with the risk of sounding too 'out there' - I quite like a Jammy Dodger (have I gone too far?!)

:wink:

You have gone waaaayyyyy to far suggesting Jammy thingy me bobs. :cute:

Actually there not that bad, but they do stick to your teeth like glue, thats why you have to wash it down with a bit of tea.

Guest dragsterwish
Hi All,

Following link updated on ACT website, any one know whether this is a new document, I remember they had similar document before!

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/129008/176_Visa_Nomination_Guidelines_Oct2010.pdf

Hi Lankan, Thanks for sharing the update again! The docu is dated Oct 2010 and thus very new. The main site also has the very positive statement:

Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

2010/2011 ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) Skills List.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 SMP Skills List will be published in October 2010 when the ACT State Migration Plan is announced.

VICTORIA SMP will be released on 18th October 2010... please find the link confirming the same below...I am not sure this will help me or not as I have already applied as CAT 3 Accountant and wil not apply a fresh visa...

Update - State Migration Plan

On 8 February 2010, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that new arrangements would be introduced for state and territory governments to nominate applicants through the state sponsorship program. The new arrangements require state and territory governments to develop a State Migration Plan which identifies occupations and skill sets eligible for sponsorship, supported by labour market evidence.

Due to the federal election, the Victorian Government State Migration Plan will be implemented after 18 October 2010.

Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list will be available on this website when they are complete. Only occupations included on Victoria’s sponsorship eligibility list will be considered for sponsorship.

Anyone else tried checking the WA website? It was working earlier but just tried and getting the message 'Bead Request (Invalid Hostname)'...maybe there's an update coming? Fingers crossed!

Checked now, seems they have changed the website look & feel

Ok guys thought I'd add my ''guess'' !!!

This thread looks like fun so.................25th October??!!

Love Rose.

ps I don't really like Fig Rolls that much but am partial to a Hob Nob!!!!! xx

Hiya Rose, thanks for joining! I've put you down for synchronised release as you didn't specify any particular state. If you do want to nominate a particular state please just shout and I'll change it.

Cheers sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VickyMel

Hi Sarah

I am surprised that there are not more names on the first page of the thread with guesses as to when the SMPs will be announced.

October 2010

1st ashleymhale Diz

2nd

3rd

4th rachbarlow

5th nomad2000

6th Louise1971

7th alex2010

8th Midlander

9th KatyNick

10th tabatha

11th tattykj

12th Cazhoney

13th

14th

15th jumbojet John Gilfilan

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th smithys

26th littlem

27th

28th

29th

30th Manj

31st

November 2010

1st Thamby

2nd

3rd

4th

5th claireg

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th altafhk

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

Please could I have another guess please?

If you are still taking bets from those of us who have already tried and failed! I'd like to try 29th October for all the states announcing their SMPs.

With all the SMP rumours flying around I think it is time that a few more people put in their bet (more options on the first page of this thread for the more pessimist among us - which usually includes me!) - as please oh please make the announcement soon DIAC.

Cazhoney - bad luck again!

VickyMel

Hi Sarah

I am surprised that there are not more names on the first page of the thread with guesses as to when the SMPs will be announced.

Please could I have another guess please?

If you are still taking bets from those of us who have already tried and failed! I'd like to try 29th October for all the states announcing their SMPs.

With all the SMP rumours flying around I think it is time that a few more people put in their bet (more options on the first page of this thread for the more pessimist among us - which usually includes me!) - as please oh please make the announcement soon DIAC.

Cazhoney - bad luck again!

VickyMel

Hi Vicky, yes still taking bets LOL. Yeah, I thought there'd be more people joining in now, but I think there's so much of a buzz now with the SMPs being so imminent and snippets of info coming left right and centre this thread has been forgotten about. I don't mind though I'm just happy that there's movement.

Well hello there ladies (VickyMel & Libbysmum)

How are things?

I have seen the light and I think a major announcement will be made on the 27th October! :cute: That date came to me in a dream, as well as the hollywood acrtress Rachel McAdams covered in Fig Rolls! :biggrin: but the date was more of a sign. So could you put me down for that date please libbysmum?

I am heading off to the Australian Expo this Saturday, have any of you two been to one before? I was hoping I could peck someone's head as to what actually happens at one. I have read briefly that you meet employers and immigration agents? I sure hope so as I would like to get some juicy gossip on the SMP's and also, spread the word of my fantastic skills as a Joiner to potential employers.

Guest smithys

Hi Sarah,

Sorry I didn't specify, but I guess I'm going for sync release!!!!!!!!

Not too sure tho as have a feeling it may well pass Oct before we hear.

Wolla - not sure if you'll manage at the expo - I hear they only give out damp rich teas!

Archived