News about the new SOL

Guest Jamie Smith

No was just about to lodge WA SS and it suspended!

Really shocked fitter not on there ! Feel sick !

Thanks for your advice though. Feel a bit better now (I think)

:shocked:

Just hang in there till the state's list is out. Something will work. What about the ENS option ?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just hang in there till the state's list is out. Something will work. What about the ENS option ?

Can't think about anything. My head's all over the shop! Will sleep on it and wait for states. Thanks Ozzieland - you've saved me a sleepless night anyway!

x:wink:

janie, it might well be lumped in with carpenter on the new list, I'd ask an agent. I know they have been consolidating a number of trades into one category (probably just to make the list seem shorter!)

Guest Gladiator

A word of caution for anyone intending to nominate "Accountant (general): ANZSCO Code 221111" as per the new SOL. The definition of this occupation under ANZSCO includes the requirement that "Registration or licensing is required". This seems to imply that only members of professional bodies like CPA, NIA OR ICAA will be regarded as "Accountants". I fail to see any way in which a mere graduate accountant can be registered or licensed as an accountant.

The ANZSCO definition is pasted below:

[url=http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/ABS@.NSF/0/55DE825D331C9F8ECA2571E200835446?opendocument][/url]

221111 ACCOUNTANT (GENERAL)

The link to the new SOL is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf

A word of caution for anyone intending to nominate "Accountant (general): ANZSCO Code 221111" as per the new SOL. The definition of this occupation under ANZSCO includes the requirement that "Registration or licensing is required". This seems to imply that only members of professional bodies like CPA, NIA OR ICAA will be regarded as "Accountants". I fail to see any way in which a mere graduate accountant can be registered or licensed as an accountant.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf

Skills assessment from CPA A, ICCA or NIA was previously required as well, I wonder what will change now?

Guest Gladiator
Skills assessment from CPA A, ICCA or NIA was previously required as well, I wonder what will change now?

The question is whether the assessing bodies will change the assessment criteria once again (after making it mandatory to have an IELTS score of at least 7.0 recently) to require would-be migrants to be full members of a professional accounting body. I raised the point because of the difference in the wording of the definition of "Accountant" between the ASCO and ANZSCO classifications.

But it might be that being an associate member of these accounting bodies (which a fresh graduate becomes when he/she is assessed as being suitable for migration purposes) is regarded as being "registered or licensed".

I do concede that I might have jumped to a conclusion too quickly and the changeover to ANZSCO does not harbinger any changes to the assessment criteria for accountants.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Go Matilda News article ...

Best regards.

"Individuals who have already submitted skilled visa applications will have their applications assessed against occupations appearing on the current SOL."

As stated in your news letter. So basically for those who have already applied it does not change anything? With the new SOL in place, will it make it any faster for all of us (current & new SOL), or may be this is too soon to ask!

Assuming no changes to processing priorities in the foreseeable future a key issue will be the State Migration Plans and whether applicants will be at liberty to transition from existing State Sponsorships onto the more highly prioritised SMP sponsored category.

For this reason I anticipate it will continue to be desirable to seek sponsorship from State and Territory Governments, particularly under their SMPs.

As to the processing time for skilled applications that are lower down the processing priority pecking order: it is a lame response on my part, but I can only offer the same as appears on the DIAC website.

Not sure that this answers your question, but I hope it helps ...

Best regards.

it is a lame response on my part, but I can only offer the same as appears on the DIAC website.

Not sure that this answers your question, but I hope it helps ...

Best regards.

At least it is honest, which is a sign of a good agent.

Thanks to the agents like Alan, george, Jamie ( and others) PIO members can better understand what is going on in the DIAC mine field.

Guest Drifter
Assuming no changes to processing priorities in the foreseeable future a key issue will be the State Migration Plans and whether applicants will be at liberty to transition from existing State Sponsorships onto the more highly prioritised SMP sponsored category.

Best regards.

Thinking about new processing priorities, please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Once the current CSL is terminated on 01.07.10, the pending GSM apps, which originally were on the CSL without any kind of sponsorship, are supposed to go in the common queue. They will be merged with existing non-CSL apps, which have been on the backlog already (100K+). Effectively, they should go to the end of the queue to keep the first-in-first-out rule fair. Thus, the chances for the current CSL applicants who are not lucky to get processed by July 1st will be drastically reduced, despite the DIAC's statement that the pending GSM apps will not be affected by the new SOL.

Thanks for any comments, especially to agents.

Thinking about new processing priorities, please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Once the current CSL is terminated on 01.07.10, the pending GSM apps, which originally were on the CSL without any kind of sponsorship, are supposed to go in the common queue. They will be merged with existing non-CSL apps, which have been on the backlog already (100K+). Effectively, they should go to the end of the queue to keep the first-in-first-out rule fair. Thus, the chances for the current CSL applicants who are not lucky to get processed by July 1st will be drastically reduced, despite the DIAC's statement that the pending GSM apps will not be affected by the new SOL.

Thanks for any comments, especially to agents.

a very pertinent question!

Guest Drifter
a very pertinent question!

Thanks :) Formally, those might be the priority arrangements to expect so far. In reality though, I believe they are going to introduce some tweaks. Otherwise, the new GSM applicants filing after July 1st on the new SOL and with the new skills assessments will go to the end of the same common queue as well. I wish I could read DIAC's mind :) I've got my CSL application pending since Jan'10, with CO allocated and meds requested and finalized. My occupations survived in the new SOL (under a different code though). Yet I feel a bit nervous..

Guest wobob

Well the faq sheet is the most useless one published to date.

As a pre 8 Feb CSL applicant whose occupation isn't on the new SOL, all I want to know is - do the priority processing arrangements still apply i.e. do we still get a visa within 12 months of application?

Yes or no?

I'm hoping (obviously) that the answer is yes, and given that the there is no mention of the priority processing queue changing, I'm assuming that they will continue to process existing CSL applications as Cat 4 - with all new SOL applications also being Cat 4 behind employer sponsored, SMP and State sponsored SOL/CSL. There are only a finite number of CSL applications after all as its been in existence for 8 months.

Guest YJ WOO

Presumably we need to think future processing priority separately within GSM with new SOL announcement. This is my god feeling for applicants who already lodged successfully.

1. currently CSL in new SOL -> This seems to be finalized before 1st July. Currently CSL applicants are treated less than 30 days and now DIAC suspends any new GSM applicant.

2. MODL(SOL) but not in new SOL -> This will be treated first in first out fair, which means hairdresser and cookers already lodged, they will be relieved.

3. MODL(SOL) and in new SOL -> This will be also treated first in first out basis. Huge number of backlog will be treated timely.

Could you please correct me if my assumption has any defections?

:radar:

Thanks :) Formally, those might be the priority arrangements to expect so far. In reality though, I believe they are going to introduce some tweaks. Otherwise, the new GSM applicants filing after July 1st on the new SOL and with the new skills assessments will go to the end of the same common queue as well. I wish I could read DIAC's mind :) I've got my CSL application pending since Jan'10, with CO allocated and meds requested and finalized. My occupations survived in the new SOL (under a different code though). Yet I feel a bit nervous..

Actually same here, previously on CSL, on the new SOL as well, dont know where i stand!

True the FAQ are useless, they dont tell "everyone" there status!

Infact the policy makers have made all of this so complicated, i think the people who are actually assigned to do the processing, while they get used to 1 set of instructions/priority, there comes a change. So priority, non priority, new SOL, old SOL, transitionary arrangements, I think its not the influx of the applications which is drawing them down, its the frequent changes, infact the new SOL is not even free from it. I read that it will be implemented for 1 year (the whole list) BUT some occupations might drop off/added to reflect the changing eco circumstances during the year.

Guest Jamie Smith
there has been talks that some occupation have emerged subclass

Anyone know where I will get this information

The new ANZSCO classifications will show the rankings.

There you will see that a sex worker has a higher ANZSCO code than an immigration case officer.

For real.

Apparently the sex industry is a more skilled occupation. Well it should be, after milleniums of earlier experiences to hand down, whereas they have only been training case officers for about 30 years - you'd think they'd have picked it up by now!

Guest Jane1991

[url=http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/ABS@.NSF/0/55DE825D331C9F8ECA2571E200835446?opendocument][/url]

PREVIOUS ASCO CODE DEFINITION

2211-11 Accountant

Plans and provides systems and services relating to the financial dealings of enterprises and individuals, and advises on associated record-keeping and compliance requirements.

Skill Level:

The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.

Its exactly the same except for different fonts :wubclub:

Guest bilaln30

I dont understand the following:

Will the CSL also retire when the new SOL would be effective on 1 Jul, 2010?

If yes, then the priority processing would also change as there will be no CSL?

Any ideas/views about this aspect?

Archived