fish&chip restaurants in the UK

Guest shark

We had a really good meal in the fish and chip restaurant on Brighton pier, on that day there was a dalek entertaining the kids so that made it even better, and you can get a beer in there!

listen up peeps..... there is simply no debate. Without question the best fish and chips in the universe can be found at Fishers Fish and Chips, just off Putney Bridge in London. Stick it in Google and have a look

It is simply sensational, huge, fresh, quality portions ...and I am fussy ( I've had nothing but crap FAC since I have been in Australia) I got to know the owners in there over the last decade and always got double portions!!!

Nice sit in restaurant as well. ALWAYS popular.

Guest siamsusie
listen up peeps..... there is simply no debate. Without question the best fish and chips in the universe can be found at Fishers Fish and Chips, just off Putney Bridge in London. Stick it in Google and have a look

It is simply sensational, huge, fresh, quality portions ...and I am fussy ( I've had nothing but crap FAC since I have been in Australia) I got to know the owners in there over the last decade and always got double portions!!!

Nice sit in restaurant as well. ALWAYS popular.

Yes I agree with you there and also the Seashell, Wilton Road, & Lisson Grove... if Black Cabs use it it has to be good. :wubclub:Susie

Enochs in Llandudno Wales, really light and crispy batter and the best cod! Can get other fish but i stick with the cod because is fab and reasonbly priced. Has been around for years and won many awards, history is displayed around the cafe. Home made mushy peas and gorge chunky chips!!! We drive 1 hour to it now and again. Yum Yum!

Guest valleylass

I'm thinking maybe I'll do a road trip around the UK sampling these stupendous fish and chip recommendations. Research and chips...a winning combination. Spring has sprung in Yorkshire today, it's lovely! Now where's that vinegar?:biggrin:

Guest proud2beaussie

The only decent fish and chips I have ever had in the UK were from Rick Steins in Padstow,Cornwall,I've tried heaps of places but have always had greasy chips and undercooked fish,Steins get's it just right and I wish I could get there more often,maybe when I'm back in the UK at the end of March I might take a drive down there although it's a long way from Biggin Hill to Cornwall just for a bit of cod and chips!.

Holly Tree Fish and chip shop in Blackburn is fantastic, only problem is you can wait upto 45 minutes to get your order, and the queue goes out the door, I guess thats the price you pay for fresh

Holly Tree Fish and Chips | Chippy in Blackburn | Fish and chip shop Blackburn | Lancashire

Also the chinese chippy outside ewood park are well worth a taste on match day, wouldn't bother any other time though!!!!

Guest shark

its nice to see English fish &chip are still up the,and i am really glad no one mentioned bloody burger king, or McDonald's.

We're really lucky because we have two chippys within half a mile of our house that are both really really good!!! Both have won awards for the best FAC in Halifax over the years... whenever we have FAC we have to alternate which one we go to 'cos they are both so good lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived