Guest guest36187

Hi everyone

I have applied CPV 143 since 7 Jan 2017 for my parent and my younger brother who was turn 19 at that time. However, it was take so long time and have not received anything from IMMI. Do anyone know that this is possible for him to get grant visa with my parent when IMMI get back as he will turn 25 this Nov?

thank you

1 hour ago, Jen 07/01/2017 said:

Hi everyone

I have applied CPV 143 since 7 Jan 2017 for my parent and my younger brother who was turn 19 at that time. However, it was take so long time and have not received anything from IMMI. Do anyone know that this is possible for him to get grant visa with my parent when IMMI get back as he will turn 25 this Nov?

thank you

It’s unlikely he will get the grant. The rules changed in November 2016 to say that dependants have to be under 23 at the time of decision.This obviously affects all applications made after that rule change.  I believe that the only exception would be if the dependant was dependant due to mental incapacity or serious illness - but then they would have trouble passing the medical. It’s a problem the many will face now due to the long wait time. 

1 hour ago, Jen 07/01/2017 said:

Hi everyone

thank you

It’s unlikely he will get the grant. The rules changed in November 2016 to say that dependants have to be under 23 at the time of decision.This obviously affects all applications made after that rule change.  I believe that the only exception would be if the dependant was dependant due to mental incapacity or serious illness - but then they would have trouble passing the medical. It’s a problem the many will face now due to the long wait time. 

65DBFBF1-3CFD-4158-9175-ACAF5C40467A.png

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

65DBFBF1-3CFD-4158-9175-ACAF5C40467A.png

You’re right. Based on the normal processing time, we supposed to get the visa much earlier. But due to the pandemic, everything is getting harder 😞

32 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Jen 07/01/2017 it’s not Covid that’s caused the problem of long wait times. The previous govt cut the annual quota in half a couple of years ago. It used to be approx 7200 grants per year and they reduced it to 3600 which obviously increased the wait times 

Yes, the Government could have retained the annual pre-Covid quota and granted visas to onshore CPV applicants, were they so minded.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I’m a bit unsure of when it takes effect from. It’s “4500 from 21-22 then 8000 in this year” . Is this in this year or year 22-23? Any ideas of how the split could be between contributory and non contributory?? 

37 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m a bit unsure of when it takes effect from. It’s “4500 from 21-22 then 8000 in this year” . Is this in this year or year 22-23? Any ideas of how the split could be between contributory and non contributory?? 

Hi Linda.

I read this as 8,500 for the program year to 30 June 2023.

The split between contributory and non-contributory: I don't know presently. 

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi just to share some good news with my fellow members. I applied for CPV 173 for my father and younger brother on 15/05/2017. 

We have received an email requesting Police Clearance, Medical & Dependency Questionnaire.   

I wish good luck to the members of the forum who are still waiting... 

Just now, Majhar said:

Hi just to share some good news with my fellow members. I applied for CPV 173 for my father and younger brother on 15/05/2017. 

We have received an email requesting Police Clearance, Medical & Dependency Questionnaire.   

CPV 173 - lodged 15/05/2017

18 minutes ago, Majhar said:

How old is your brother now? His age now could affect the outcome 

So you applied in May 2017 - I haven’t heard of Anyone with a date that late. They’re mostly February and March 2017

Edited by LindaH27

9 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

How old is your brother now? His age now could affect the outcome 

So you applied in May 2017 - I haven’t heard of Anyone with a date that late. They’re mostly February and March 2017

Thanks for your comment, Linda. 

My brother is 19 years and 9 months old. 

Yes, I was also surprised to see the email from immigration this morning 😀 Maybe we will hear from others soon 👍

1 minute ago, Majhar said:

Thanks for your comment, Linda. 

My brother is 19 years and 9 months old. 

Yes, I was also surprised to see the email from immigration this morning 😀 Maybe we will hear from others soon 👍

That’s good. If he was 23 now they would refuse but you should be ok. Hopefully others will hear soon too v

35 minutes ago, Majhar said:

CPV 173 - lodged 15/05/2017

Acknowledgement - 11/06/2017

Pcc / med requested - 26/11/2022

4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

That’s good. If he was 23 now they would refuse but you should be ok. Hopefully others will hear soon too v

Yes fingers crossed! I guess we just need to provide enough supporting documents as my father is providing financial support towards his education and living. 

Edited by Majhar