Guest guest36187

52 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi, I don't know if I am being incredibly thick, but I am struggling to pay 2nd VAC by BPay  I have been sent the invoice by my agent, but can't seem to find the BSB or the account number??

There is no BSB or account number when you make a payment by BPay.

Do you have an Australian bank account?

Best regards.

16 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi Allen, yes I have a Commonwealth Bank Account.

Thanks

Hi you may have a problem as the Commonwealth bank has had a major outage in some areas with branches closed and online is a bit iffy as well 😩

Edited by Rosiejaq

*** CENTRELINK ISSUE*** Does anyone know anybody that had issues with centrelink Assurance of Support letter? We did all correct and they rejected it by saying we didn't pay the $10K bond which we did and have proof. Now we are doing complaints and going via ombudsman but would be good to see if anyone had this issue and how was solved and how long. The immigration is requesting this approval letter in 28 days and by talking with Centrelink they are not giving any specific deadline to fix the issue so we are worried that the 4 years waiting for my mother's residency visa can be taken away by a simple mistake from Centrelink that they don't have time to solve.

Yes, we have too. Found out yesterday from our assurer that she had been rejected for the same thing even though we have proof that the bond was paid on time. She eventually managed to get through to Centrelink and talk to someone who knew what he was doing. Seemingly her file has both an acceptance letter and rejection letter on it, he cannot understand why the rejection letter was sent and is looking in to it for her. He said to give him 'a couple of days' to try and find out what is going on. This is very worrying and we are also panicing at bit.

3 hours ago, BillSueMac said:

Yes, we have too. Found out yesterday from our assurer that she had been rejected for the same thing even though we have proof that the bond was paid on time. She eventually managed to get through to Centrelink and talk to someone who knew what he was doing. Seemingly her file has both an acceptance letter and rejection letter on it, he cannot understand why the rejection letter was sent and is looking in to it for her. He said to give him 'a couple of days' to try and find out what is going on. This is very worrying and we are also panicing at bit.

Oh my @BillSueMac and @JulianeGold 🙀 what a headache.  I can really feel for you all with all the trouble we’ve had with Centrelink.  We are just paying our Aos tomorrow...so fingers crossed as things usually happen to us 🙀🙀😎😎 all the best to you all ❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillSueMac said:

Oh no, let's keep.in touch if one of us can solve it we can tell each other. I called 3 times and went in person 2 times they always say will be solved but has been 10 days and nothing. I am going tomorrow again. 😉

9 hours ago, JulianeGold said:

Oh no, let's keep.in touch if one of us can solve it we can tell each other. I called 3 times and went in person 2 times they always say will be solved but has been 10 days and nothing. I am going tomorrow again. 😉

I am having the same issue. Received a rejection letter although bond was paid and paperwork was uploaded on time.  Called centrelink twice about this.  First time they promised I would hear back within 3 days and of course I did not and that was 2 weeks ago.  They have requested to have someone on AOS team to call me back the second time I called last week but still nothing.  They did say the application is reopen ed to be reassessed.   What a pain.

6 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

So once we’ve paid Aos bond set up account etc do we upload everything to MyGov account as not clear! Ta 😎😎

Hi Rosiejaq, Some info my daughter in law gave me last night... she visited the CommBank to ask what she needed to do as centerlink said they will receive the letter on Tuesday to pay the bond. All sponsors for the Aso must be present at the time of opening the account.. it costs $150 regardless of whether you already have a CommBank account to set up the bond account.... the bond will be for 5 years but will automatically be renewed for another 5 years with nothing else to pay.  You need a bankers cheque , cash or a CommBank account that you can transfer the money from.. once you have the certificate letter from the bank you need to upload that with the letter centerlink sent you containing the barcode to your mygov account. If you don’t upload the barcode it will not show that you have paid the bond. My son and daughter in law are going to pay the bond on Saturday as that’s the only time they can go together. Good luck... I hope this all goes well for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Rosiejaq, Some info my daughter in law gave me last night... she visited the CommBank to ask what she needed to do as centerlink said they will receive the letter on Tuesday to pay the bond. All sponsors for the Aso must be present at the time of opening the account.. it costs $150 regardless of whether you already have a CommBank account to set up the bond account.... the bond will be for 5 years but will automatically be renewed for another 5 years with nothing else to pay.  You need a bankers cheque , cash or a CommBank account that you can transfer the money from.. once you have the certificate letter from the bank you need to upload that with the letter centerlink sent you containing the barcode to your mygov account. If you don’t upload the barcode it will not show that you have paid the bond. My son and daughter in law are going to pay the bond on Saturday as that’s the only time they can go together. Good luck... I hope this all goes well for you.

Thanks for that info, my son is waiting for the letter to pay. Good information regarding paying the bond as you can easily go wrong at this stage. Hope all goes well .

Look forward to hearing how it goes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Jellybean,do you mean we need to upload the bank request centrelink sent as a financial document as well?

Edited by ielectric

My son received the letter from Centrelink today asking for payment of the bond. The letter tells you what you must do, quite straightforward. They sent him a message before his phone interview and up to now have been spot on. He has 14 days to pay and must go into the bank even though he uses Comm bank. Fingers crossed it all goes ok.

Also fingers crossed for all those still in the waiting room,  I hope they start rolling out requests for 2016 soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1