register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s still early days for you! People are generally waiting 4-6 months after applying for AOS. In some cases it’s longer if they’re looking closely at the application as there are more checks on Sponsors these days. 

Keep an eye on it as there was a post earlier in the forum saying that Centrelink had actually rejected some without notifying applicants. I know @Pertenhall actually had that problem last year. I believe he only found out after asking an MP to look into it but my memory could be a bit hazy there 

4 to 6 months! Centrelink said that he would hear something by January 28th. I’m not surprised it’s longer but six months is ridiculous.

I wonder why they would refuse a sponsor? He earns enough so that shouldn’t be a problem for him/me.

It’s more to do with domestic violence apparently.! They passed a new bill last year and sponsors will be checked even for partners and the new temporary parent visa

If you look under peoples signatures at the bottom of their posts you will see their timelines which include when they applied for AOS so that will also give you an idea of how long people are waiting.  You may need to go back a few pages though ! The whole parent visa saga is stretching out more and more! 

Edited by LindaH27

143 Lodged  21/6/17  acknowledged and first vac paid 7/8/17

Hi everybody,

Immi are sending email request further documents to people who applied visa 173 on Oct & November 2015 now

does anyone know how's about visa 143 ??? 

<143> 

Visa lodged: 5 Nov 2015

Ack letter date: 09 Nov 2015

nothing since then ... waiting waiting waitttt ingggg ....

No but I'm beginning to have a sneaky suspicion that 143s are on hold at the moment because of the backlog of AOS applications held at Centrelink , whereas 173 are quicker to process as there's no AOS! So there's still work to be done at immi whilst waiting for the AOS backlog to reduce - if ever!! 

It will be interesting to see if this is right - we may find out if the processing dates shown on immi website move quicker for 173 than 143!! 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:55, Ryanlee said:

Come on Immi, please start inviting August,September and October 2015 143 applicants to provide further documents.

Can anyone remember how long we have been stuck on July 15 applications? Just trying to guestimate how much longer before request for medicals and police checks!

Has anyone ever been refused a 2nd 600 visa, when applying from the UK? (Planning to return early May, after being out of the country for 6months).  Did we ever reach any conclusion on the AoS Bond, my agent says that they scrapped the increase.

Applied for 143 3/9/15 Acknowledged 10/9/15

Went to Australia 28/10/17 on 600 was refused extension

Advised by Agent unable to apply for another for 6 months.

Nothing from immi,

Regarding the bond  please see my earlier post on the previous page towards the end of the page 

Edited by LindaH27

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s still early days for you! People are generally waiting 4-6 months after applying for AOS. In some cases it’s longer if they’re looking closely at the application as there are more checks on Sponsors these days. 

Keep an eye on it as there was a post earlier in the forum saying that Centrelink had actually rejected some without notifying applicants. I know @Pertenhall actually had that problem last year. I believe he only found out after asking an MP to look into it but my memory could be a bit hazy there 

Yes Linda - you are quite correct.  We waited for ages, and phoned a number of times only to be told that it was on the system.  Eventually during yet another phone call they decided to say that we had been rejected.  Not the happiest time of our visa application experience.  But it has all worked out well in the end.  We have our visas activated and now just need to sell the house.  Having a yard sale tomorrow - busy sorting and pricing things.  Just hope the weather holds!

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

CPV 143 lodgement 12.3.15, Acknowledged 14.4.15

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and Form 80 requested 21 Dec 2017

AOS submitted 3 Jan 18, Police certs & Form 80 submitted 7 Jan 18, Medicals booked 10 Jan 18

AoS rejected 21 Jun without any consultation (24 weeks for them to make this decision)

AoS re-submitted 16 Jul 18 - interview carried out 7 Aug 18

AoS Bond paid 14 Aug 18

AoS approval received 27 Aug 18

Request for 2nd VAC - 11 Sep 18

Visa granted - 26 Sep 18

Heading for the Sunshine Coast

@Pertenhall so nice to hear that things are going so well for you after your awful experience.! Unfortunately for the rest of us time is spiralling out,  now it appears that processing of 143 has really slowed down in comparison to 173 - buts that’s good news for 173 applicants 😀

i guess at the end of the day it’s probably best not to stress too much,  get on with life and say Que sera,  sera!! 🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mily said:

Hi everybody,

Immi are sending email request further documents to people who applied visa 173 on Oct & November 2015 now

does anyone know how's about visa 143 ??? 

dors anyone who applied in november got docx request for 173

4 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

dors anyone who applied in november got docx request for 173

My friend who applied on 1 nov 2015 got email from immi yesterday

<143> 

Visa lodged: 5 Nov 2015

Ack letter date: 09 Nov 2015

nothing since then ... waiting waiting waitttt ingggg ....

26 minutes ago, Mily said:

ohh ok great

thnx for sharing news

51 minutes ago, Mily said:

do they have applied for a dependent child also along with parents or only of parents any info.?

i might confuse that they r sending req to parents file only not dependent 

On 06/02/2019 at 23:11, Marilyn said:

I just received email from IMMI requesting police certificate, medical, form 80 and colour photo of passport. 

They have given me 70 days from date of email (previously I think you had 28 days) 

I am beyond excited. 

omggg thats great .... keep updating ... i had applied in nov2015 28th

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

ohh ok great

thnx for sharing news

Hi, 

I got mine on Friday, applied 13th Nov.

• Congratulations 2

CPV 173 Applied on 13/11/2015

Payment accepted on 20/11/2015

Request for more info 06/02/2019

Police check submitted 13/02/2019

Medical appointment 20/02/2019

15 minutes ago, CEJ said:

Hi, 

I got mine on Friday, applied 13th Nov.

i think i might got req this week 

applied 173 on 28th fingers crossed

• Congratulations 2

🤞🤞

CPV 173 Applied on 13/11/2015

Payment accepted on 20/11/2015

Request for more info 06/02/2019

Police check submitted 13/02/2019

Medical appointment 20/02/2019

On 09/02/2019 at 12:41, Pertenhall said:

Yes Linda - you are quite correct.  We waited for ages, and phoned a number of times only to be told that it was on the system.  Eventually during yet another phone call they decided to say that we had been rejected.  Not the happiest time of our visa application experience.  But it has all worked out well in the end.  We have our visas activated and now just need to sell the house.  Having a yard sale tomorrow - busy sorting and pricing things.  Just hope the weather holds!

Rejected? Did they give a reason?

On 09/02/2019 at 11:55, LindaH27 said:

It’s more to do with domestic violence apparently.! They passed a new bill last year and sponsors will be checked even for partners and the new temporary parent visa

If you look under peoples signatures at the bottom of their posts you will see their timelines which include when they applied for AOS so that will also give you an idea of how long people are waiting.  You may need to go back a few pages though ! The whole parent visa saga is stretching out more and more! 

Ok. Well that shouldn’t apply, either. I can’t think of a reason he would be rejected.

14 minutes ago, summerskybird said:

Rejected? Did they give a reason?

Our sponsor was just short of the requirement in the first of the 2 assessed years!  So that would have been obvious from the start - but they took forever to tell us.  We thought we had calculated correctly but obviously didn't!

CPV 143 lodgement 12.3.15, Acknowledged 14.4.15

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and Form 80 requested 21 Dec 2017

AOS submitted 3 Jan 18, Police certs & Form 80 submitted 7 Jan 18, Medicals booked 10 Jan 18

AoS rejected 21 Jun without any consultation (24 weeks for them to make this decision)

AoS re-submitted 16 Jul 18 - interview carried out 7 Aug 18

AoS Bond paid 14 Aug 18

AoS approval received 27 Aug 18

Request for 2nd VAC - 11 Sep 18

Visa granted - 26 Sep 18

Heading for the Sunshine Coast

On 07/02/2019 at 03:27, Rosiejaq said:

Congrats ....seems the 173 stream is ahead of 143.....we’re really jealous and hope to hear something soon!  ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Our sponsor was just short of the requirement in the first of the 2 assessed years!  So that would have been obvious from the start - but they took forever to tell us.  We thought we had calculated correctly but obviously didn't!

Hello everyone, could anybody kindly guide me or share their knowledge we are couple with 3 young children under 5 and my wife sponsoring her father and brother under the age of 18. I would like to know how much income we need to have to be able to sponsor them. 

Hello everyone, could anybody kindly guide me or share their knowledge we are couple with 3 young children under 5 and my wife sponsoring her father and brother under the age of 18. I would like to know how much income we need to have to be able to sponsor them. 

Hey guys please help i have applied for my parents visa 143 in oct 2015 haven't heard anything yet , i am too much worried what to do !!!Please reply !!!

8 minutes ago, rajk said:

Hey guys please help i have applied for my parents visa 143 in oct 2015 haven't heard anything yet , i am too much worried what to do !!!Please reply !!!

Hi, we applied for our 143 in sept 15.  We’re still waiting for an email. Probably be another few months as they are only up to July 15. 

Keep smiling. 🙂

• Like 1

143 CPV 17/9/15, Aknol 25/9/15, 1st Vac 25/9/15 :wink:

hi is there any way to calculate income for AOS , like income requirement 

6 hours ago, Majhar said:

I've found this calculator, but I haven't tried this myself:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=0a22b56c839d45ff88336c2727da64b8&amp;wec-appid=aoscalc&amp;page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&amp;wec-locale=en_US#stay

Visa 143 lodged and acknowledged: 18/05/2015

Received invatation to start medicals, police checks & AoS: 18/12/2017

AoS lodged: 20/12/2017

AoS interview: 08/05/2018 (~19-20 weeks from lodgement date) -- declaration letter requested

AoS bond paid and uploaded online: 18/05/2018

AoS acceptance letter: 13/07/2018

2nd VAC Payment Request: 05/11/2018

Visa granted: 07/11/2018