Guest guest36187

4 minutes ago, elnak said:

Thanks a lot. Just needed to confirm. Must admit, I am really confused about the whole process now. Perhaps @Alan Collett can shed some light on it for us please? I thought it was strictly according to lodgement date?

Without having sight of the correspondence it is difficult for me to comment - save that yesterday we received a communication from the PVC for a client's 143 application lodged on 19/03/2015 which requests progressing of the AoS and medical examinations.

The accompanying email includes the following:

Your parent visa application is not yet assigned for assessment by a case officer.

However, we are offering the opportunity for clients to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application.

This therefore continues the PVC's practice of requesting certain documentation in advance of the allocation of applications to a case officer.

I anticipate the person above has received a similar communication, given the PVC auto email advises applications lodged in Jan 2015 are being assigned to case officers.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

@Alan Collett

Thank you so much for your response, Perhaps it is a question of some immi agents working through their cases faster? Who knows? It is just that quite a few of us before March 2015 have not heard a word from PVC and we are truly baffled right now, Perhaps I will send them an enquiry regarding the matter or do you think it will be considered inappropriate? TIA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elnak said:

@Alan Collett

Thank you so much for your response, Perhaps it is a question of some immi agents working through their cases faster? Who knows? It is just that quite a few of us before March 2015 have not heard a word from PVC and we are truly baffled right now, Perhaps I will send them an enquiry regarding the matter or do you think it will be considered inappropriate? TIA.

It is difficult for me to comment on your specific case without having your paperwork on hand - which would mean me being formally instructed.

Sorry.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Quick question: Once a 143 visa is granted, is there a time frame within which you have to make the permanent move to Australia?

I think the time frame is linked to your police and health checks. They will have a 12 month validity. You will have to move before they expire or you may have to re-do them. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, suelear said:

Quick question: Once a 143 visa is granted, is there a time frame within which you have to make the permanent move to Australia?

Your medicals and police checks are valid for 12 months each and you will need to enter Australia to validate your visa before their validity expires, this doesn't have to be for the permanent move. I believe you have five years to move permanently. 

Good luck to all those now hearing from immi! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AMP said:

Thanks Kathy and Nemesis for your advice here.  Will check it all out and report back .....

Hi, I thought I'd let you know our experience. We looked at health insurance when we arrived and felt it too pricey to be honest at about $170 per fortnight if I recall correctly (we are 50 and 55 years old and both work). We have recently had a rethink about it all as we wanted at least ambulance cover and found 'not for profit' health insurance companies are very good and I believe more affordable. We took out an 'extras only' policy with ambulance, minor and major dental and optical, which costs $30 per fortnight.

My husband had to have a minor op earlier this year on the public system and everything was provided and he was well taken care of without private insurance. Also, I had to have an ultrasound, referred by my GP,  which I had the following day, covered by Medicare  (no waiting list!).  We feel we've taken the right option with the extras cover only. We both had our dental check ups, X-rays and clean this week, which would have cost $574 but it was all covered with the insurance which we were extremely pleased about!  Also, I think if you need an ambulance due to a car accident, the CTP insurance (legally essential) covers ambulance costs (in NSW anyway, not sure if it's the same everywhere). 

Hope some of the above will help. 

Edited by AmandaJB
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, AmandaJB said:

Hi, I thought I'd let you know our experience. We looked at health insurance when we arrived and felt it too pricey to be honest at about $170 per fortnight if I recall correctly (we are 50 and 55 years old and both work). We have recently had a rethink about it all as we wanted at least ambulance cover and found 'not for profit' health insurance companies are very good and I believe more affordable. We took out an 'extras only' policy with ambulance, minor and major dental and optical, which costs $30 per fortnight.

My husband had to have a minor op earlier this year on the public system and everything was provided and he was well taken care of without private insurance. Also, I had to have an ultrasound, referred by my GP,  which I had the following day, covered by Medicare  (no waiting list!).  We feel we've taken the right option with the extras cover only. We both had our dental check ups, X-rays and clean this week, which would have cost $574 but it was all covered with the insurance which we were extremely pleased about!  Also, I think if you need an ambulance due to a car accident, the CTP insurance (legally essential) covers ambulance costs (in NSW anyway, not sure if it's the same everywhere). 

That is really helpful info, thanks ever so much for this advice Amanda.  Could you tell me which company you used please?  I think I will go down the same route as you.

2 minutes ago, AMP said:

That is really helpful info, thanks ever so much for this advice Amanda.  Could you tell me which company you used please?  I think I will go down the same route as you.

Hi, happy to help. We are with HBF. No issues with them at all and very friendly. There are pricier extras only options too, with up to 10 choices including physio, natural therapies, chiropractors etc but we felt we wouldn't use it all so went with the 4 option extras cover.  

Good luck ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suelear said:

My initial arrival must be by 1st February 2018 to "validate" my visa. After that, I can come and go as I please up until 28September 2022, which is the last date of arrival.  So it would seem to be that you are given a few months to enter Australia and validate, and 5 years in total to actually move.  @Alan Collett probably has a more definitive answer though.  

• Like 1

Quick question. My parents applied for 143 18/03/15. Yesterday they received an email inviting them to submit their further documents - medicals/police checks/aos

Is it usually acceptable for just one person to be the aos for 2 parents - ie. just me? Or should my husband also be an aos?

Thanks in advance :) I am so excited to have heard from PVC after all of this waiting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AmandaJB said:

Thank you so much for this info Amanda - we've been trying to work out what to do about insurance since we got here six weeks ago and have had many conflicting bits of advice. I had been doing some online research this week and had just come to the conclusion that we should go with an offer of just under sixty dollars a month each for eyes, teeth and ambulance cover - your post has made me feel much happier about the whole business which I have found very confusing. Thank you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AMP said:

Thanks SusieRoo.  As long as the visa specifies  "Travel Facility: multiple" then yes, you just have to leave before 12 months and re-enter on another date then the 12 months starts again 

Thanks AMP.

Any idea why others are getting the '12 months in 18' condition on their 600 visas? I wonder if there are do's and don't when filling in the application.

I would hate to move then have to come back for 6 months.

All the best for everything you have going on (sounds wonderful!) 

Quick question. My parents applied for 143 18/03/15. Yesterday they received an email inviting them to submit their further documents - medicals/police checks/aos
Is it usually acceptable for just one person to be the aos for 2 parents - ie. just me? Or should my husband also be an aos?
Thanks in advance [emoji4] I am so excited to have heard from PVC after all of this waiting.

As I understand it it’s ok for only one person to be the AoS for two parents. That’s the route we are going too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My initial arrival must be by 1st February 2018 to "validate" my visa. After that, I can come and go as I please up until 28September 2022, which is the last date of arrival.  So it would seem to be that you are given a few months to enter Australia and validate, and 5 years in total to actually move.  @Alan Collett probably has a more definitive answer though.  

That's helpful, thanks. I'm pretty much ready to go, as I have already sold my house & living in a rented apartment, so will just have my car to sell & shipment to organise. Hope all goes well with your move.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AmandaJB said:

Your medicals and police checks are valid for 12 months each and you will need to enter Australia to validate your visa before their validity expires, this doesn't have to be for the permanent move. I believe you have five years to move permanently. 

Good luck to all those now hearing from immi! 

Thanks Amanda.

• Like 1