Guest guest36187

Whooooohooooo!! Your bones are right Tabitha! Finally, at long last. Our son did phone the bank and all he was told was that it had been received and we knew that! Anyway, it is champagne tonight - the next one will be somewhere in Brizzie with Maisiedaisy, Vava and who ever else is around!!

Good luck everyone and will be in touch soon.

Petina

Congratulations! We've booked to go for Christmas so there's every chance of that drink before the end of the year!

Val xx

Whooooohooooo!! Your bones are right Tabitha! Finally, at long last. Our son did phone the bank and all he was told was that it had been received and we knew that! Anyway, it is champagne tonight - the next one will be somewhere in Brizzie with Maisiedaisy, Vava and who ever else is around!!

Good luck everyone and will be in touch soon.

Petina

Great news!!

Many congratulations - hope all goes smoothly from now on.

All the best

Steve

If anyone is looking for a friendly efficient and reliable international removals company go no further than John Mason International.

We had them last week for our move from NE England to Perth . Everything went without a hitch - BRILLIANT

We had them round today and await their costings.

Guest geordie joe
We had them round today and await their costings.

Hi Steve

can you PM when you get the quotes, I'm calling them tomorrow to arrange a quote I have 4 different companies quoting over the next 3/4 weeks

Joe

Hi Steve

can you PM when you get the quotes, I'm calling them tomorrow to arrange a quote I have 4 different companies quoting over the next 3/4 weeks

Joe

Hi Joe

Hope all is good.

No worries, I'll mail you when I get some figures, have PSS coming next week, not arranged anyone else as not had any others recommended, who else are you getting round?

Getting bored waiting and just want to get the medicals out of the way, frustrated at lack of progress or info from Immi.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

No news on the house sale front. Its like living in the land that time forgot! It isn't only me - there are 2 more on my avenue and 3 on the next. They've all been for sale as long if not longer than mine. We have decided to visit Brisbane for Christmas this year though so at least we'll see the grandchildren again.

I have no idea why the visa centre became so impersonal. Perhaps it was a cost cutting measure but it seems, to me at least, that their customers are mostly dissatisfied with the service they are getting in view of the vast sums they are handing over. I'd follow them on Twitter if I were you and make my grievances known. They might just start taking the feedback on board if enough people let them know they're not happy. It can't hurt to try!

All the best! Val

Hi Val

Sorry to hear that you have not had any progress with the house sale, it must be extraordinarily frustrating for you.

We've been on the market a week and so far had 8 viewings and one offer pending sale of theirs (but not holding our breath).

Never followed anyone on twitter and a bit concerned at upsetting Immi and rocking the boat.

All the best

Steve

Guest geordie joe

Hi Steve

We have PSS coming in a couple of weeks, Doree Bonner next week and Pickfords calling back tomorrow to arrange a quote. I will let you know how we get on.

Joe

Hi Val

Sorry to hear that you have not had any progress with the house sale, it must be extraordinarily frustrating for you.

We've been on the market a week and so far had 8 viewings and one offer pending sale of theirs (but not holding our breath).

Never followed anyone on twitter and a bit concerned at upsetting Immi and rocking the boat.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve, I don't mind rocking the boat as I already have my visa lol! Here's the question I sent via Twitter - I've yet to have a reply.........

@DIBPAustralia Why such a long wait for CPV143? Costs over 40k$$$$$$ yet poor customer service for applicants - why?

0 retweets 0 favorites

They normally reply quite quickly and they probably won't now but if they do I will let you know.

Cheers, Val

Guest geordie joe
Hi Steve, I don't mind rocking the boat as I already have my visa lol! Here's the question I sent via Twitter - I've yet to have a reply.........

@DIBPAustralia Why such a long wait for CPV143? Costs over 40k$$$$$$ yet poor customer service for applicants - why?

0 retweets 0 favorites

They normally reply quite quickly and they probably won't now but if they do I will let you know.

Cheers, Val

Go Val, keep that boat a rocking....

Joe

Huh

0 retweets 0 favorites

Cheers, Val

Thanks Val

Hi Steve

We have PSS coming in a couple of weeks, Doree Bonner next week and Pickfords calling back tomorrow to arrange a quote. I will let you know how we get on.

Joe

Cheers mate

I look forward to hearing further.

Guest Petina
Hi Joe

Hope all is good.

No worries, I'll mail you when I get some figures, have PSS coming next week, not arranged anyone else as not had any others recommended, who else are you getting round?

Getting bored waiting and just want to get the medicals out of the way, frustrated at lack of progress or info from Immi.

All the best

Steve

Have you tried White & Co?

Petina

PS Champagne tonight was good! :)

Whoopee! Whoopee! Petina.

w e've been off line for the wedding and now catching up with updates. So great to see so many visas granted. We also enjoyed our champagne at the wedding, seriously bad hangover today and also feel a new hip coming on after cutting some seriously bad moves on the dance floor!

Julie

Guest Petina

PPS Raised my glass to you all and hope that all visas come through quickly! I have just noticed that I am now a Senior Member!! LOL

Petina

Hi first post on PIO, been reading posts in anticipation of our application for Cont Parent Visa. We note the price has gone up a further 5% this year.... They don't make it easy do they ! My OH and I plan to join our only child in Melbourne, who has just received his PR. We aim to retire in Dec 16. From previous threads the time frames for visa approval Is up to 12 months .. How long is the granted visa active? We're optimistic that medicals and background checks will be straightforward. Any other parents out there that can offer advice and tips would be great ? on how they coped with the move!! as the thought of this process is daunting. We have already chewed over the various visa options and the only viable one appears to be CPV subclass 143 for our situation. Any affordable suggested areas to retire in Melbourne surrounding areas (up to 1 hour from South Yarra) ?? We're going on a recci later this year to look at areas to consider...good transport links to CBD and strong community for newbies to integrate.

Hello there, we are in the same position as you. We lodged our application for 143 on 9th June this year and have been advised that it will be approx 18/22 mths! We have a married daughter with two grandchildren and a son and daughter in law, both living in North East of Melbourne ( Greensborough and Heidelberg) and have already been scoping out suitable areas to live. One we like is Doreen, in particular Laurimer. Another in Mernda, although no train as yet ( promised in the future) there is good bus links to Greensborough which is on the Hurstbridge line to Melbourne. We are using an emigration agent (TEG Ltd) to make sure that our application is rock solid with no omissions or errors, so far they've been brilliant. Good luck!

Hi

we applied for our cpv over one year ago and still waiting for requests for medical and police reports. Realistically you are going to have to wait 21 to 24 months. IMMI have a huge backlog of applications to get through so the timescale is changing all the time. Keep an eye on this thread and you will see how Other applicants are progressing.

our daughter lives in Mentone Bayside Melbourne but we will be heading down beyond Mornington as we like a quieter life and don't want to be anywhere near CBD.

we are presently in Oz for a short break and have to say the weather is very cold, have been watching a bit of Wimbledon and having weather envy.

Julie

Hi first post on PIO, been reading posts in anticipation of our application for Cont Parent Visa. We note the price has gone up a further 5% this year.... They don't make it easy do they ! My OH and I plan to join our only child in Melbourne, who has just received his PR. We aim to retire in Dec 16. From previous threads the time frames for visa approval Is up to 12 months .. How long is the granted visa active? We're optimistic that medicals and background checks will be straightforward. Any other parents out there that can offer advice and tips would be great  on how they coped with the move!! as the thought of this process is daunting. We have already chewed over the various visa options and the only viable one appears to be CPV subclass 143 for our situation. Any affordable suggested areas to retire in Melbourne surrounding areas (up to 1 hour from South Yarra) ?? We're going on a recci later this year to look at areas to consider...good transport links to CBD and strong community for newbies to integrate.

Your son will need to have had his PR for a year before you can apply- then add on the 18-24 months (approx) processing time. Once granted, the visa will be valid for 5 years . (You can spend up to a year of the waiting time onshore on a 600 though)

Don't know Melbourne at all (too cold for me!) but it looks as though lots of others here do :)