Guest guest36187

Have just been asked to submit 2nd VAC! whoooohooo!

Getting closer.......

Petina

Hi Petina

brilliant news, considering IMMI are on industrial action until 26 June. Looks like you will be getting your grant in this years allocation. The exit door of the waiting room will soon open for you! Keep us all posted of your progress of life in Oz!

many congratulations.

Julie

Like Petina I've been asked for my final payment today!

Just want you all to know there is light at the end of the tunnel and all those months of waiting will come to an end.

Good luck everyone!

Great news - many congratulations!

Hi Petina

brilliant news, considering IMMI are on industrial action until 26 June. Looks like you will be getting your grant in this years allocation. The exit door of the waiting room will soon open for you! Keep us all posted of your progress of life in Oz!

many congratulations.

Julie

OMG Julie, does that mean we've another 10 days of nothing being processed? We're nearly up to 22 months as it is, I was hoping they would be catching back up and reducing the wait time?? :swoon:

maisie

OMG Julie, does that mean we've another 10 days of nothing being processed? We're nearly up to 22 months as it is, I was hoping they would be catching back up and reducing the wait time?? :swoon:

maisie

Hi Maisie

Apparently the industrial action is affecting Australian airports and visa units. They are on a go slow until the 26th June.

Still looking on the positive side Petina has seen some progress this week so they haven't ground to a halt completely.

:arghh:

Julie

Hi Margaret

If you are right at the beginning (sounds as if you are) you need to decide how long you are prepared to wait. There is an option for people staying in Australia to apply from oz for an aged parents visa and get a bridging visa while you wait. I don't know much about that but you can probably get details from the aus gov website (just google parent visa Australia and the link will come up.)

Applying from outside Australia you have the 103 (pay a few thousand dollars when you submit your application and wait, anything up to 15 years but it seems to actually take about 8-10) When you get to the top of the list you have to pass a medical and a police check and pay another few thousand dollars.

the 143 visa costs the same as the 103 to register but you get to the top of the queue in about two years, pass a medical and a police check and then pay the 'second vac' which is about 43000 dollars (someone kindly put the current price on here for me recently - scroll about a bit and you should find it).

You can apply for a temporary contributory visa (178???) which is half the price of a 143, lasts two years, and entitles you to make it permenant on a further application and payment of the other 'half' of the 143 fees. Its a way of splitting the cost (also if you don't like it, I suppose it costs less to find out :-)

Theres loads of information on here, but the aus immi website is also very helpful, and you can download the forms from there.

We opened an Aus bank account about four years ago and its been very useful for visits and will be even more useful for paying the fees when the time comes - can recommend because you can transfer money over when the exchange rate is good. We use Westpac and its been okay but I believe there are banks with more favourable conditions.

Good luck !

I am right at the beginning of this long journey! I applied for the 143 only yesterday! It has taken me an age to fill in the forms and collect all the documents already! I'm sure it will be worth it!

How do I add my progress at the bottom of posts, like when I applied, acknowledgement etc?

Edited by Karen j
To add something

Guest geordie joe
I am right at the beginning of this long journey! I applied for the 143 only yesterday! It has taken me an age to fill in the forms and collect all the documents already! I'm sure it will be worth it!

How do I add my progress at the bottom of posts, like when I applied, acknowledgement etc?

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the parents waiting room. To add your progress go into setting and edit your signature to add in your progress details. There is a vast array of knowledge and experience on the forum both with people on the journey and people who have had parent visas approved, so any questions I'm sure one of these experts will be more than happy to help.

Where are you heading to ?

Joe

Guest Petina
Congratulations dear Petina. I have just seen ur update as i didnot check the page fron last 15 days. Lots of happened during these days. Again Very very congratulations to u

Thanks Vicky,

We have paid the 2nd VAC - our son sent it yesterday by registered post so should arrive shortly, if not already there. Hope the 'go-slow' doesn't hold things up too much.

Guest Petina
Thanks Joe! Done it! I'm heading to Sydney to start with.. I have one daughter living in Bondi Beach, then Melbourne, South Yarra, where my other daughter lives. Not sure where I'll settle.How about you?

Hi Karen,

Welcome to PIO! Great place Sydney - love it!

Petina

Guest geordie joe
Thanks Joe! Done it! I'm heading to Sydney to start with.. I have one daughter living in Bondi Beach, then Melbourne, South Yarra, where my other daughter lives. Not sure where I'll settle.How about you?

Sounds great Karen, we are moving to Perth to join our son and daughter. I know the young ladies who regularly post on here are planning an East Coast get together which is to involve several large bottles of wine and I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Sounds great Karen, we are moving to Perth to join our son and daughter. I know the young ladies who regularly post on here are planning an East Coast get together which is to involve several large bottles of wine and I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Loving the referral to the 'young' ladies :wink:

Welcome Karen, take a seat and join us in the waiting room - lots of nice people all living in the land of limbo :wacko:

maisie x

Hello Everyone. I'm knocking on the door of the waiting room! My visa application 173 has been sent to my agent in Sydney. I have waited an agonising 2 weeks to hear if the paperwork arrived. (which it did today). In hindsight, for those that are sending important documents, I would use a courier. My daughter lives in Sydney and is sponsoring us and is meeting with the agent on Friday, so I hope to hear that forms will be duly completed and sent to the authorities before the prices go up on the 1st of July.

Thanks for all your informative posts.

Guest Petina
Loving the referral to the 'young' ladies :wink:

Was just about to say the same thing maisiedaisy - great minds think alike!! LOL

Hello Everyone. I'm knocking on the door of the waiting room! My visa application 173 has been sent to my agent in Sydney. I have waited an agonising 2 weeks to hear if the paperwork arrived. (which it did today). In hindsight, for those that are sending important documents, I would use a courier. My daughter lives in Sydney and is sponsoring us and is meeting with the agent on Friday, so I hope to hear that forms will be duly completed and sent to the authorities before the prices go up on the 1st of July.

i used FedEx. I sent them on a Friday and they arrived Tuesday after. Cost £50.

I lodged my 143 in December 2013 - not through an agent I did it myself - has anyone else lodged theirs at the same time and heard anything since re form 80, medical and police check, which I have completed. many thanks Sylvia

Hi Sylvia

At the moment IMMI are assessing applications lodged on 29 August 2013 and things are moving quite slowly at the moment so you have a little way to go but the you might just be able to see a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel

Good luck

maisie

Welcome Aquamarine, pull up a chair and join us and good luck with your application

maisie