Guest guest36187

Guest Petina
It's trying to remember all the holiday dates that is so difficult. I know all the Aus visits but European holidays are difficult.

We were lucky as we had our old passports but I am pretty sure that they will accept approximate dates. We had filled out Form 80 and submitted it when requested. Now that Immi are assessing us, we were asked to fill in Form 80 again as it had been updated in November last year!!

Nothing more to be done except wait..............

Guest piramida
If you already have a 173 visa you should be completing form 47PT to now apply for the 143. If you look at the first page of form 47PA it does say not to use it if you already have a 173 visa.

I assume you are asking whether you need to just fill in one form for you and your partner. If your partner was included on your application for the 173 then yes you only need one form and will include your partner under Part E.

Under payment (section 42) it does say that debit cards cannot be used for application made by mail.

With regard to charges here is the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx

You might want to double check this for yourself as I am just quoting from the fees page and your circumstances may be different so don’t accept any responsibility

I assume you meet condition 19b:

19b This visa is for:

1. an applicant who is the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at the time of application; or

2. an applicant who has been the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa; and is the holder of a substituted subclass 600 visa at the time of application; or

3. an applicant who has held a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at any time in the 28 days immediately before making the application;

or an applicant whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person.

Looks like the initial VAC is $325 plus $165 for your partner.

And for the second VAC I assume you meet 19j:

19j The second instalment (payable before grant of visa):

1. Applicant who was the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at the time of application: $19 420. – that’s each

And remember the fees tend to go up at 1st July, but you usually pay the fees in force at the time of application, so if you get your application to DIAC before then you would probably pay the above regardless of when the application is processed. Hope this helps but please do double check the information.

Hi Bridgeman,

Thank you very much for all information. It is help me a lot. Especially regarding form 47PT.

If you didn't tell me it, I will send form 47PA. I appreciate.

Please can you tell me what is form for my son is it Form 40?

Guest geordie joe
It's trying to remember all the holiday dates that is so difficult. I know all the Aus visits but European holidays are difficult.

We had the same problem, however checking photos stored on the computer helped as they showed the dates taken.

We were lucky as we had our old passports but I am pretty sure that they will accept approximate dates. We had filled out Form 80 and submitted it when requested. Now that Immi are assessing us, we were asked to fill in Form 80 again as it had been updated in November last year!!

Nothing more to be done except wait..............

my passport hasn't been stamped for Europe and last time I went to Aus, at Easter this year, it wasn't even stamped then as I went through the lane that does it electronically.

Hi Bridgeman,

Thank you very much for all information. It is help me a lot. Especially regarding form 47PT.

If you didn't tell me it, I will send form 47PA. I appreciate.

Please can you tell me what is form for my son is it Form 40?

Yes, form 40 again.

Hi Alan

thank you you so much for your reply. I have passed the details on to me parents.

I do have a slightly random question about when it comes to making payments. (I'm so confused) can I pay by debit card. Or what's the difference between a post office money order and a bank cheque.

Thanks

Hi again fluffy.

Payments of VACs to the Department are usually made by VISA, MasterCard, or AmEx (with credit card surcharges also payable), or by way of a bank cheque or Australia Post Money Order.

A bank cheque is likely to be the cheapest -particularly for the main VACs.

Many of the forex companies can also arrange a bank cheque drawn on an Australian bank from the UK - I'm fairly sure Moneycorp (who support this forum) can.

Best regards.

Guest piramida
Hi again fluffy.

Payments of VACs to the Department are usually made by VISA, MasterCard, or AmEx (with credit card surcharges also payable), or by way of a bank cheque or Australia Post Money Order.

A bank cheque is likely to be the cheapest -particularly for the main VACs.

Many of the forex companies can also arrange a bank cheque drawn on an Australian bank from the UK - I'm fairly sure Moneycorp (who support this forum) can.

Best regards.

I have westpac debit MasterCard. Is it possible to pay with that card or must be Credit MasterCard?

Thank you

I have westpac debit MasterCard. Is it possible to pay with that card or must be Credit MasterCard?

Thank you

If a payment on the card can be processed in a shop on a machine by selecting credit (rather than cash or savings) you should be fine to use this card to pay the Department of Immigration.

I have a Westpac debit MasterCard, and this can be used to make payments using the credit option.

Best regards.

Hi everyone .

I am new to this forum and reading through all the posts has been a great help in submitting our application for our 143 visa.

It was received in Perth today and already the payment has been requested for and authorisation given by our credit card company which will go through in a couple of days.

Feeling excited but also petrified at the same time.

The long wait begins here !!!!

Hi everyone .

I am new to this forum and reading through all the posts has been a great help in submitting our application for our 143 visa.

It was received in Perth today and already the payment has been requested for and authorisation given by our credit card company which will go through in a couple of days.

Hi

welcome to the waiting room! We are almost 12 months into the process and not so patiently waiting for IMMI to advise us of the next stage, I don't think we will hear anything for quite some time yet. We are putting the house on the market at the beginning of July as we want to get on with things and it's something else to think about.

best of luck and here's hoping they speed things up a bit.

julie

Hi everyone .

Welcome Lisa Lou - Lots of interesting information on here so keep looking in

Good luck

maisie

Hello Lovely people,

It's been a while since I've been through these posts, but I was wondering what the latest was on the Processing time?

My MiL is currently here on a visitor subclass 600 visa (March 2015 - March 2016)

She submitted her CPV 143 in April 2014. Sponsership money from my Husband has been collected and medicals for MiL and police checks have been completed...

What's next? Does anyone know what the latest it on waiting times?

Thank you :)

Hi all.

I am asking for info again and hope you wont mind me suddenly being so grabby when I haven't been on much for ages ... For a long time we have been torn between joining our daughter in Australia and staying here to look after my elderly mum. We had a gruesome year with mum last year and the whole Australia question seemed to be pretty academic for a while, hence my silence. Now my mum is settled in a wonderful care home not far from us ..... and our daughter has just had her first baby. She is an older mother and to be honest we had given up on grandchildren as she is our only one.

We put our names on the 103 list in 2013 and were prepared to wait it out, neatly postponing the decision about leaving my mother. The arrival of our grandson has brought the migration question up again, and we are also increasingly aware that, the longer we wait, the more likely one of us is to fail the medical due to some unforeseen health nasty. We're now attempting to get all the paperwork for a 143 application together before the next price hike in July. I have a sister who is prepared (from two hours away) to take over my mum's welfare and visits.

My questions are as follows:

I can only find the cost of the first vac on the au gov website. Can anyone tell me the current cost of the second vac?

I have asked this before, but am I right in thinking they count the time already on the 103 list if you swap? Its important because we've been on the 103 list for nearly two years so we need to be aware that things could move very quickly.

I know we get five years from the date the PR visa is issued to move over lock stock and barrel but I'm not clear about how often and for how long I could visit the UK after moving without losing my PR rights. I was thinking that if we go and mum is still alive (she's ninety five now) I could come back once a year for three months or so.

Finally, I remember paying the 103 application fees by transferring money to my daughter who then sent an Australian bank draft. Is this still the best way?

Thank you so much for all advice / information. I feel so torn and am desperately trying to have my cake (stay with mum) and eat it (got to Oz). I've a feeling I may end up with indigestion :-)

PS We have considered the option of going for so many months a year and remaining resident here, but as we get older those flights are going to get worse. I don't want to be trapped on the wrong side of the world when I'm too old to travel.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome Julie and Maisie .

As I mentioned before our application for the 143 was delivered yesterday the 10th June. Today I have received an email with the receipt for payment of 1st vac and our letter of acknowledgement .

I wasn't expecting any of this for quite a while yet and am just a bit surprised.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen so quickly .

Guest piramida

Hi,

I will send tomorrow by post our application for permanent visa from Subclass 173 to 143.

Our visa ( two years) will expire next month. Will we get some kind of visa and medicare while waiting for a decision for permanent visa.

How long time we have to waiting for decision?

Thank you very much

Guest geordie joe
Hi all.

I am asking for info again and hope you wont mind me suddenly being so grabby when I haven't been on much for ages ... For a long time we have been torn between joining our daughter in Australia and staying here to look after my elderly mum. We had a gruesome year with mum last year and the whole Australia question seemed to be pretty academic for a while, hence my silence. Now my mum is settled in a wonderful care home not far from us ..... and our daughter has just had her first baby. She is an older mother and to be honest we had given up on grandchildren as she is our only one.

We put our names on the 103 list in 2013 and were prepared to wait it out, neatly postponing the decision about leaving my mother. The arrival of our grandson has brought the migration question up again, and we are also increasingly aware that, the longer we wait, the more likely one of us is to fail the medical due to some unforeseen health nasty. We're now attempting to get all the paperwork for a 143 application together before the next price hike in July. I have a sister who is prepared (from two hours away) to take over my mum's welfare and visits.

My questions are as follows:

I can only find the cost of the first vac on the au gov website. Can anyone tell me the current cost of the second vac?

I have asked this before, but am I right in thinking they count the time already on the 103 list if you swap? Its important because we've been on the 103 list for nearly two years so we need to be aware that things could move very quickly.

I know we get five years from the date the PR visa is issued to move over lock stock and barrel but I'm not clear about how often and for how long I could visit the UK after moving without losing my PR rights. I was thinking that if we go and mum is still alive (she's ninety five now) I could come back once a year for three months or so.

Finally, I remember paying the 103 application fees by transferring money to my daughter who then sent an Australian bank draft. Is this still the best way?

Thank you so much for all advice / information. I feel so torn and am desperately trying to have my cake (stay with mum) and eat it (got to Oz). I've a feeling I may end up with indigestion :-)

PS We have considered the option of going for so many months a year and remaining resident here, but as we get older those flights are going to get worse. I don't want to be trapped on the wrong side of the world when I'm too old to travel.

Hi Fisher

Here are the current costs for the 2nd VAC

For applications lodged now the 2nd visa application charges are

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]SECOND VAC

[/TD]

[TD]Principal applicant

[/TD]

[TD]Spouse/Dependent 18 years plus

[/TD]

[TD]Dependent under 18 years

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subclasses 143 and 864

[/TD]

[TD]$43600

[/TD]

[TD]$43600

[/TD]

[TD]$2095

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subclasses 173/884 T- P

[/TD]

[TD]$29130

[/TD]

[TD]$29130

[/TD]

[TD]$2095

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subclasses 143/864 T-P holds a 173/884

[/TD]

[TD]$19420

[/TD]

[TD]$19420

[/TD]

[TD]NIL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subclasses 103/804

[/TD]

[TD]$2065

[/TD]

[TD]$2065

[/TD]

[TD]$2065

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I believe you're right about the time spent in the 103 queue counting towards the 143 queue. Can't help with the amount of time you can visit the UK. I know there are several ways to pay but again I believe you're right with the Australian bank draft option.

regards

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome Julie and Maisie .

As I mentioned before our application for the 143 was delivered yesterday the 10th June. Today I have received an email with the receipt for payment of 1st vac and our letter of acknowledgement .

I wasn't expecting any of this for quite a while yet and am just a bit surprised.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen so quickly .

Hi Lisa Lou

That was quick, you're making us all jealous as a number of us had to wait months due to the large number of applicants this time last year. It sounds like they're getting their act together in the immi dept. now if we can get them to move those in the queue to a CO in a similar timeframe we will be all happy people.

Joe

Hi Lisa Lou

That was quick, you're making us all jealous as a number of us had to wait months due to the large number of applicants this time last year. It sounds like they're getting their act together in the immi dept. now if we can get them to move those in the queue to a CO in a similar timeframe we will be all happy people.

Joe

Wouldn't that be an absolute dream Joe

maisie

Guest geordie joe
Wouldn't that be an absolute dream Joe

maisie

it is most days Maisie, then we wake up and keep staring at the clock on the waiting room wall.

Joe

Fingers crossed you are right Joe but we are getting ourselves prepared for a very long wait .

We are going to start the dreaded form 80 in the next few days .

Our son who lives in Canberra is getting married in Nov 2016 .... Going by people's timelines we wouldn't have our visa by then so looks like it will probably be a just a visit

Lisa

Take a look at today's exchange rate - wow!

means a big price reduction in the 2nd vac fees for us all, more dollars for our pensions and more house for €'s.

TEST email I still says 29 AUG for 143’s this morning! Ugh!

i promised myself I wouldn't,t look at the TESt email until we got back from our daughters wedding early July. I'm like a moth to a flame!

agent instructed on house sale it hits the market when we get back, that should take my mind off things!

Julie