Guest guest36187

All our docs apart from the aussie police checks have now been received in perth...spoke to our co today and he said as soon as he gets the inal police check and we pay he will email us straight back with our visa...so fingers crossed we will have our visa for when we fly out on the 15 th august...spoke to singapore airlines and they said if we have our visa we will have double baggage allowance...so hopefully this will all go smoothly from now on...its been a long stressful journey ..but the end is in sight and our new beginnings are in sight too...very exciting times ahead

Good luck, I hope it all falls into place for you. The last few weeks can be quite stressful, but worth it in the end.

After a diabolical week (won't go into details) we had an offer on our house this morning. I was beginning to think it would take ages and that we'd need to drop the price once again but the young couple who viewed last night loved it and they have a first time buyer for their property.

Still a way to go but looks like we are another step closer to our dream and the panic (sorry, fun) begins in earnest!

Congratulations, another step in the right direction .

After a diabolical week (won't go into details) we had an offer on our house this morning. I was beginning to think it would take ages and that we'd need to drop the price once again but the young couple who viewed last night loved it and they have a first time buyer for their property.

Still a way to go but looks like we are another step closer to our dream and the panic (sorry, fun) begins in earnest!

Good luck on the house sale hope it all goes though ok.

Wilma x

We thats us nearly ready to go, we travel to London on the train tomorrow, stay with my uncle overnight, dog to kennels ready for her flight that night, then we are off to the airport to catch our flight.

Thank you so much for all the help and support we have received on this site, it was a god send when I found it.

Will keep in touch, good luck to all those who are just about to go or still waiting, never give up.

Wilma xx

Had a nice relaxing day to celebrate another step forward on the journey. I've been to a Craft Exhibition in Newbury while Clive is in London touring the Arsenal stadium and then off to a Ramsey Lewis concert (I'll be having a nice drink, with my feet up, watching TV on my own)

Jane

We thats us nearly ready to go, we travel to London on the train tomorrow, stay with my uncle overnight, dog to kennels ready for her flight that night, then we are off to the airport to catch our flight.

Thank you so much for all the help and support we have received on this site, it was a god send when I found it.

Will keep in touch, good luck to all those who are just about to go or still waiting, never give up.

Wilma xx

Have a safe journey and enjoy your new life Down Under. Keep in touch and let us know how you are settling in.

Time passes a lot quicker than you think so hang in there all of you still waiting to live that dream - its just around the corner:wink:.

Excellent news Jane & Clive, will keep my fingers crossed for you, another step closer now

Katie x

Wilma xx

I'd say "Bon Voyage" but by now it's probably "Welcome to Australia"! I hope it's all that you expect.

After an extended stay here in England due to work commitments, I'm off again tonight to rejoin my wife to keep her company in the Melbourne winter.

All the best!

Steve

Guest Cakey

Well we just paid our second visa payment, just have to think of it as numbers on a page, doesn't hurt so much then (I'm lying of course) but nearly there. We complete on our house on 22nd July, and fly out to the Gold Coast on 24th July. I still can't believe how close we are to being there, but these last few weeks have been a nightmare, so stressful wondering if we would exchange contracts ok, and stressing out over getting shippers and everything else connected to emigrating. I havnt been able to eat or sleep, but not long to go now and the stress is starting to turn to excitement.

Cheers Cakey

Well we just paid our second visa payment, just have to think of it as numbers on a page, doesn't hurt so much then (I'm lying of course) but nearly there. We complete on our house on 22nd July, and fly out to the Gold Coast on 24th July. I still can't believe how close we are to being there, but these last few weeks have been a nightmare, so stressful wondering if we would exchange contracts ok, and stressing out over getting shippers and everything else connected to emigrating. I havnt been able to eat or sleep, but not long to go now and the stress is starting to turn to excitement.

Cheers Cakey

Sounds familiar! Hang on in there. Nearly there. You will be OK when you are having a few drinks on the plane. Good luck with everything.

Not long now - talk about stress (there's a few of us going through the wringer at the moment but we're nearly there too)

Good luck with the move and the flight. Bet you're counting down the days now.:cute:

Not long now - talk about stress (there's a few of us going through the wringer at the moment but we're nearly there too)

Good luck with the move and the flight. Bet you're counting down the days now.:cute:

Know exactly what you mean about the stress - you think it will get easier once you have the Visa but for some reason it only gets worse with organising the actual move!

But it is worth it - keep your eyes on the prize (as our daughter kept saying) - our prize was our granddaughter admitted to hospital with strep pneumonia within a few days of our arrival. We were literally left "holding the baby" brother - only 5 months old. Glad to say all is improving now, with Scarlett well and truly on the mend. Now, if the gale force winds and rain from Antarctica could ease.................................

Good luck

Gill :realmad:

Guest Cakey

Oh that is so sad for your granddaughter to be rushed to hospital, but wonderful that you were there and able to help and take care of the baby. It's strange how these things happen sometimes, as if you were meant to be there, at that time, to help, and as you say it makes it all worthwhile...............hope the weather improves soon!

Cheers Cakey

Know exactly what you mean about the stress - you think it will get easier once you have the Visa but for some reason it only gets worse with organising the actual move!

But it is worth it - keep your eyes on the prize (as our daughter kept saying) - our prize was our granddaughter admitted to hospital with strep pneumonia within a few days of our arrival. We were literally left "holding the baby" brother - only 5 months old. Glad to say all is improving now, with Scarlett well and truly on the mend. Now, if the gale force winds and rain from Antarctica could ease.................................

Good luck

Gill :realmad:

We had a similar experience when we went to Oz in April. The new baby (Harry) was only 12 days old my daughter had had a bad time with an emergency section. We landed at 4am on the Friday so off to bed and back up at 6.30 to see everyone. Friday night we pushed through until 9pm then went to bed, at 1.30am my daughter came into the bedrooom crying and in a lot of pain her hubby was dressed to take her to hospital so we were also left 'holding the baby' and a 6 and 4 yr old to boot not great with severe jetlag:shocked:

My daughter was in hospital for 36 hours and thankfully has made a full recovery I am just pleased we were there to help. But what this tells me/us is that no matter what is thrown at us and no matter how 'bad/stressed' we feel we can always get through it.

Sadly ours was just an 8 week holiday......best wishes to all of you on the verge of going/recently gone through this ordeal......you are strong, you will make it to the other side :biggrin:

Phoebe

just got our 2nd VAC charge letter....I know this is old hat but suggestions on best way to pay it with the pound so low at the moment....many thanks!

Guest Cakey

Hi Maxinec

I just paid our second payment on Monday. I used HIFX. They got me 1.48 to the pound (the following day it had dropped to 1.47) it cost me £46,391.89. When I first thought about putting in for this visa the exchange rate was over 2.5 and would have cost me around £30,000. I really had no choice, I had already had an extra month to pay so could wait no longer. I'm not an expert on exchange rates and the rate could go up, who knows? I know this may not help you but it gives you something to compare with.

Cheers Cakey

just got our 2nd VAC charge letter....I know this is old hat but suggestions on best way to pay it with the pound so low at the moment....many thanks!

Hello

The dollar is so strong at the moment that you might get a slightly better (or very similar) rate by paying via the Australian High Commission in London (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm). The fixed rate is working out at 1.4738 (from 1 July 2011 until 31 Dec 2011). Check with HiFX or one of the other popular currency exchanges so that you have options.

Not very palatable at the moment, sadly.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi there

I am just filling out a 143 application and question 9 is: do I hole a Bridging visa E?, would anyone know if this is an E visa that I have when I go over on holiday.?

thanks for a very informative site and its good to follow others journeys

Many thanks Moira

Hi there

I am just filling out a 143 application and question 9 is: do I hole a Bridging visa E?, would anyone know if this is an E visa that I have when I go over on holiday.?

Many thanks Moira

Hi and welcome - A Bridging Visa is what you get if you apply for a non contributory aged parent visa whilst in Australia. As such a visa can take up to 20 years, the bridging visa allows you stay in Oz in the meantime. Mike

Hi there

Many thanks Moira

Hello Moira, like you i love this site and use it more than Brit ex pats, i have just sent my papers off and waiting for the acknowledgement, it's a good feeling to finely be getting somewhere and feel like i am making some progress. good luck with the paperwork, they need so much information i was so glad i kept my old passport and diaries to confirm all my trips to OZ. Ann

Hello Moira, like you i love this site and use it more than Brit ex pats, i have just sent my papers off and waiting for the acknowledgement, it's a good feeling to finely be getting somewhere and feel like i am making some progress. good luck with the paperwork, they need so much information i was so glad i kept my old passport and diaries to confirm all my trips to OZ. Ann

Don't even go there. :nah: