Guest guest36187

Hi,

Finally we get to join you all In the waiting room. We submit today and I was wondering If anybody knows If the 143 and other visa's are going up tomorrow? If we submit today and the fees go up will they just take the extra as a matter of course. We will enclose a covering letter to give permission to do this anyway but, would appreciate any views or prior knowledge.

Happy New Year to you all

Hi,

Finally we get to join you all In the waiting room. We submit today and I was wondering If anybody knows If the 143 and other visa's are going up tomorrow? If we submit today and the fees go up will they just take the extra as a matter of course. We will enclose a covering letter to give permission to do this anyway but, would appreciate any views or prior knowledge.

Hello bridgie.

There are no published increases to Visa Application Charges at this time.

Best regards.

Hello bridgie.

There are no published increases to Visa Application Charges at this time.

Best regards.

Many thanks Alan. Spent all day checking, double checking and even triple checking. Even managed to find a JP service to certify No1 son's birth cert then guess what---- Oz post is closed New Year's Eve---you've gotta be kidding. I hope you're right about no visa Increases on the 1st. However C'est la vie.

On a separate note it's very confusing about paying for the Vac's, I assume you fill out the debit card details and the relevant department make the transaction when the paperwork arrives. The web page talks about showing proof of payment etc; I guess after 6 hours In Sydney CBD rushing around to complete everything I was a bit confused. We now submit on the 2nd when Oz post opens again hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer about paying.

Happy New year to you all---we're off to watch the fireworks

Many thanks Alan. Spent all day checking, double checking and even triple checking. Even managed to find a JP service to certify No1 son's birth cert then guess what---- Oz post is closed New Year's Eve---you've gotta be kidding. I hope you're right about no visa Increases on the 1st. However C'est la vie.

On a separate note it's very confusing about paying for the Vac's, I assume you fill out the debit card details and the relevant department make the transaction when the paperwork arrives. The web page talks about showing proof of payment etc; I guess after 6 hours In Sydney CBD rushing around to complete everything I was a bit confused. We now submit on the 2nd when Oz post opens again hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer about paying.

Happy New year to you all---we're off to watch the fireworks

Not a problem.

Send the paper application to the Parents Visa Centre (I recommend Express Post) with the payment section of form 47PA completed with your card details.

You should receive a receipted Tax Invoice about a week later - maybe in your inbox sooner if you provide an email address.

Note that you can lodge an application with just the forms 40 and 47PA, with other documents to follow once you have an application file reference.

Best wishes for a Happy 2016!

Not a problem.

Send the paper application to the Parents Visa Centre (I recommend Express Post) with the payment section of form 47PA completed with your card details.

You should receive a receipted Tax Invoice about a week later - maybe in your inbox sooner if you provide an email address.

Note that you can lodge an application with just the forms 40 and 47PA, with other documents to follow once you have an application file reference.

Best wishes for a Happy 2016!

Thanks Alan very much for the Info

Guest geordie joe
Hi,

Always nice to see new faces joining us in the waiting room, hopefully immi will start to speed things up in the new year and free up a few more seats.

Always nice to see new faces joining us in the waiting room, hopefully immi will start to speed things up in the new year and free up a few more seats.

Cheers GJ, however we are resigned to be seeing the fireworks in Sydney in Dec 2016 and Dec 2017 before we have our visa's. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to be able to come over on hols every year to see our children. The only plus is when the police checks are asked for we won't have to pay UK prices as we live in Spain and they only charge 3€. On the minus we may have to travel to Madrid for our medicals which will be fun given our past experience of Spanish bureaucracy.

Given myself a near hernia toting about all the paperwork today :)

I submitted my application for an 864 onshore aged parent visa on 9 November 2015. I have been following the TEST immi emails and the assessment date for the 864 visa has been stuck at 30 June 2015 for several months. I have had no response from immi apart from them saying that they had a large number of applications in June. Are there any 864 applicants on the forum who can shed any light on the situation?

Cheers GJ, however we are resigned to be seeing the fireworks in Sydney in Dec 2016 and Dec 2017 before we have our visa's. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to be able to come over on hols every year to see our children. The only plus is when the police checks are asked for we won't have to pay UK prices as we live in Spain and they only charge 3€. On the minus we may have to travel to Madrid for our medicals which will be fun given our past experience of Spanish bureaucracy.

Given myself a near hernia toting about all the paperwork today :)

Hi

it's so nice to see so many news names appearing on the forum, it feels like we are in the middle of the waiting room now. Hopefully by June 2016 will be approved our 143.

Julie

Happy New Year fellow waiting room sufferers!

Happy New Year Everyone

just returned from 17 days in sunny Cololombia celebrating round two of the wedding celebrations. It was raining when we left the Uk and it doesn't appear to have stopped since and with no sign of letting up in the future. COME ON IMMI !!!!!!!!!! Get a move on!!!!!! This weather is driving me mad.

Julie

Happy New Year Everyone

just returned from 17 days in sunny Cololombia celebrating round two of the wedding celebrations. It was raining when we left the Uk and it doesn't appear to have stopped since and with no sign of letting up in the future. COME ON IMMI !!!!!!!!!! Get a move on!!!!!! This weather is driving me mad.

Julie

I'm currently in supposedly sunny Queensland Julie and it's been raining for the last 2 days! Still, it's making us feel right at home!

Val

Rain followed us from a drenched Sydney yesterday back to Melbourne. We don't mind because where we live In Spain you don't see much rain so It's still a novelty . Back to my previous thread. We finally managed to submit our our 143 the other day and then flicked through a few of the past threads to get an Idea of when the money would come out of our account. I was stunned by the different dates, there seems to be no rhyme or reason about acknowledge or payments or indeed anything else.

¿porque? Why? Is it some kind of psychological torture or is there some kind reason behind it all??

Rain followed us from a drenched Sydney yesterday back to Melbourne. We don't mind because where we live In Spain you don't see much rain so It's still a novelty . Back to my previous thread. We finally managed to submit our our 143 the other day and then flicked through a few of the past threads to get an Idea of when the money would come out of our account. I was stunned by the different dates, there seems to be no rhyme or reason about acknowledge or payments or indeed anything else.

¿porque? Why? Is it some kind of psychological torture or is there some kind reason behind it all??

Hi Bridgie

definitely psychological torture, we are all barking mad at 18 months into the process!

hoping to become sane again by June!

Julie

I'm beginning to experience torture I've just down loaded form 80. All the jobs you've had where you earned money. Birth places of your parents. Details of all the passports you've ever owned etc etc It's a doozie. I guess they do it for something to do over two years---It's a bit like Sudoku for visa applicants

Hi Maisie

can't stop laughing at your comment, just imagined the entire waiting room doing the same!

If we all mumble loud enough maybe Immi might hear!

Lets hope the Test email shows some movement this Friday otherwise I shall just assume that they've all gone to the beach until the end of Jan....

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi Maisie

can't stop laughing at your comment, just imagined the entire waiting room doing the same!

If we all mumble loud enough maybe Immi might hear!

Lets hope the Test email shows some movement this Friday otherwise I shall just assume that they've all gone to the beach until the end of Jan....

Julie

Hi Julie

I've been asking everyone on the Perth beaches if they work in the immi dept and no one is owning up so they must all be in the office, not working, just in the office as it has air conditioning. As Maisie says lets just keep rocking in our chairs and hope the waiting room doesn't get any fuller, not good for the toes with all those rocking chairs going.

Joe

For form 80 - my late father married 4 times and had approx 8 kids!! I have more step parents and half/step siblings than there are boxes!! I have some'maybes' re siblings - do I declare just in case? I was dragged across several continents before I started school as I was an army kid then moved many times when my parents split. My head hurts just thinking about starting this form whilst my husband comes from straight forward two parents one sibling family. Talk about give them extremes with our application???? Kim

Oh my goodness - I thought it was going to be bad enough for me as I can't even remember dates of employment/names of employers 50 years ago! Best of luck with that form.

(Sorry, meant to quote post above by Skeelsy).

Edited by Sadge

Skeelsy - your letter finally got me off my bum and downloading the fabled form 80. Although we are nowhere near needing to fill it in yet, I decided it was time to take a look. Couldn't be that bad, I thought. I was wrong!!! How on earth are you supposed to remember everywhere you've worked since birth - let alone all the countries you've visited in the last ten years - well I can but not in order and not the dates. Unlike you Skeelsy I have a very straightforward family set up - one sister two parents who stayed married ... but my husband has more of an interesting background. What with half siblings and dean half siblings and people you haven't seen or heard of since Adam was a lad. Good luck with filling yours in, I've decided I'm going to start ours now. It can be my new hobby, something interesting to do while we're waiting. :-)

Happy New Year everybody - let's hope it will be!

The Test email doesn't seem to be working - anybody else had problems?

Hi Sadge

I'm not getting replies either - hopefully tomorrow!

They're probably still tucking into their mince pies etc!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Steve

Edited by Steve2