Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
What visa will you go on as the e visitor is only valid for trips up to 3 months and I notice your lodgement date is July so am assuming it won't be processed until at least April going on current processing times so how will you manage this?

we will be going on the 600 visa which gives 12 months in an 18 month period.

we will be going on the 600 visa which gives 12 months in an 18 month period.

I've just been through all the info on it - I wasn't previously aware that this visa existed. It could be useful to me if my house sale completes way ahead of the grant of a 143. I had been thinking only about an evisitor visa to take care of 3 months, which may or may not be enough.

Hi Alan do you know what the difference is between a 864 visa and a 143 visa other than one seems to be processed a faster .we applied end of September 2013 for a 143 visa and have only just been asked to go for and submit our medicals and police checks and a form 80 ,only just thinking there must be a big difference because of the waiting times many thanks cookfoody

The number of people applying for the 143 is much higher than for the 864 - the higher demand leads to a longer waiting time.

To apply for the 864 you must be "aged" (as defined), and in Australia when the visa application is lodged at the PVC.

More info about the 864 visa is here: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/parent-visas/contributory-aged-parent-subclass-864/

Best regards.

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if any one knows what does it mean "the applicant holds a visa obtained by Ministerial Intervention such as a substituted 600 or 676."

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/overview-of-the-health-requirement/visas-that-have-a-health-waiver-provision

I am a Hepatitis B Career and I want to know that can I use Health waiver option or not ? I have tourist visa subclass 600 since 2 years ago but I do not know what "the applicant holds a visa obtained by Ministerial Intervention" mean.

Cheers

Thanks for that Alan think that means you have to be over 65 as we were not at the time of application but are nearly there now but we are still in the uk because we are both still working part time so can keep saving but have just submitted police checks and medicals and form 80 so hopefully not to much longer .

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if any one knows what does it mean "the applicant holds a visa obtained by Ministerial Intervention such as a substituted 600 or 676."

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/overview-of-the-health-requirement/visas-that-have-a-health-waiver-provision

I am a Hepatitis B Career and I want to know that can I use Health waiver option or not ? I have tourist visa subclass 600 since 2 years ago but I do not know what "the applicant holds a visa obtained by Ministerial Intervention" mean.

Cheers

In my opinion this is far too technical a question for a forum such as this.

I recommend that you discuss this issue with an experienced migration practitioner - and be prepared to pay for the advice!

Best regards.

Hi

Does anyone have experience of the Aged Parent 804 visa?

1. How long does it tend to take for a CO to be assigned and for them to start asking for medicals, etc?

2. How can we be confident that my parents will pass a medical and not be sent back to the UK when their turn comes? Can we purchase extra health insurance to cover certain conditions? Is there some kind of pre-check?

3. My parents plan to come over on a visitor visa but then stay and apply for the 804 and bridging visa. Do they have to retain any accommodation in the UK to prove an intention to return? The visa application hasn't mentioned this but I have heard some different stories...

Many Thanks as ever

Jobee1

Hi

Does anyone have experience of the Aged Parent 804 visa?

1. How long does it tend to take for a CO to be assigned and for them to start asking for medicals, etc?

2. How can we be confident that my parents will pass a medical and not be sent back to the UK when their turn comes? Can we purchase extra health insurance to cover certain conditions? Is there some kind of pre-check?

3. My parents plan to come over on a visitor visa but then stay and apply for the 804 and bridging visa. Do they have to retain any accommodation in the UK to prove an intention to return? The visa application hasn't mentioned this but I have heard some different stories...

Many Thanks as ever

Jobee1

Hi Jobee.

The blog posts here might be of assistance:

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/about-us/blog/

We are presently seeing requests for medicals and police clearances as a precursor to receiving a queue date about 10 months after the 804 visa application has been lodged.

Best regards.

Hello please can I ask if we are able to apply for the cpv as our son is a resident in Australia and will be a permanent resident in a year.Do we wait until he has permanent residency? Also if we get the visa is there a window when we have it in which we have to travel and live in Australia or is it an open date? Thanks! Custardy.

Subclass 864 applications take about 4 to 6 months from lodgment to a decision - so you are pretty much on track!

Best regards.

We are considering whether to apply for a 143 or a 864 visa (we are over 65). I gather that you need to be onshore when applying for the 864 visa and when it is granted. In the intervening period do you need to stay in Australia or can you return to the UK? Also what type of visa do you need to hold when applying in Australia - is a visitor visa OK?

Many thanks

We are considering whether to apply for a 143 or a 864 visa (we are over 65). I gather that you need to be onshore when applying for the 864 visa and when it is granted. In the intervening period do you need to stay in Australia or can you return to the UK? Also what type of visa do you need to hold when applying in Australia - is a visitor visa OK?

Many thanks

Hi daveedley.

The quick answer is that when applying for an onshore visa such as an 864 you need to understanding the limitations of the visa you have when you apply; the visa you have when applying onshore must be what is called a substantive visa without an 8503 condition attaching to it.

In my opinion it is usually best to talk out this subject with an advisor who can explain the issues, and can help you lock on your preferred strategy.

That might be a registered migration agent, or someone else who has been through the same decision making process as the one you are facing.

Best regards.

Hey everyone check this UPDATE out

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 18 October 2013.

If your application was lodged after this date it is not yet being assessed.

thanks

Our application went in the same time as yours. They are moving really slowly at the moment - it is beginning to look like nearly 2 years before we get the visas instead of the original 18 months we were advised when we applied. Very disappointing although on Gainwave a couple of people applied in November 2013 and have had their visas granted. This doesn't really make sense does it?

Hello please can I ask if we are able to apply for the cpv as our son is a resident in Australia and will be a permanent resident in a year.Do we wait until he has permanent residency? Also if we get the visa is there a window when we have it in which we have to travel and live in Australia or is it an open date? Thanks! Custardy.

HI Custardy

We have just applied for a cpv. Your sponsor has to be a permanent resident. There is a 2 year wait, so plenty of time to sort out travel arrangements.

Contributory aged visa 864. It was only submitted at the beginning of March this year. Such a surprise today when the e-mail came asking for the various forms as above and the form 80 (also prepared ready to submit). I was expecting to wait at least another year.

I am considering applying for an 864 visa due to the shorter waiting time. I am aware that you have to be onshore when applying but did you then remain in Australia or were you able to come back to the UK?

Thanks

I am considering applying for an 864 visa due to the shorter waiting time. I am aware that you have to be onshore when applying but did you then remain in Australia or were you able to come back to the UK?

Thanks

I have no need to leave while waiting for my visa to be granted. I am here on a bridging visa, but if I wished to travel I believe I could apply for a bridging visa B. I'm not sure, but I think this will only allow 3 months out of the country.

Hope this helps.

Guest geordie joe

E600 visa.

I have recently applied for an e600 visa and received a response from IMMI confirming before this is granted I need to provide evidence I have health insurance in place to cover the potential 12 months stay in Australia, although I'm only expecting to be on this visa for a maximum of 6 months as our 143 CPV should be granted around April 2016. Does anyone know if a 12 month long term travel insurance policy would suffice which is going to cost approx £800, or would I need to take out full private medical cover through the likes of Bupa.au who are quoting $200 per week for 2 people.

I have asked for confirmation but still waiting for a reply.

Regards

Joe

Hi Steve

was just on the point of posting the same info! Soon be into November and before we know it 2014 applications!

we are now 14 months into our application so well over half way.

Julie

Hi Julie

Great minds think alike!

Let's hope things move quickly from now on.

How's the viewings/house sale going?

Cheers

Steve

E600 visa.

I have recently applied for an e600 visa and received a response from IMMI confirming before this is granted I need to provide evidence I have health insurance in place to cover the potential 12 months stay in Australia, although I'm only expecting to be on this visa for a maximum of 6 months as our 143 CPV should be granted around April 2016. Does anyone know if a 12 month long term travel insurance policy would suffice which is going to cost approx £800, or would I need to take out full private medical cover through the likes of Bupa.au who are quoting $200 per week for 2 people.

I have asked for confirmation but still waiting for a reply.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe

Interesting point regarding health insurance and the 600 visa, will be interesting to see what responses you get.

Cheers

Steve

Guest geordie joe

I think it's a bit unusual to be asked to get health insurance tbh since there's a Reciprocal Health Agreement with the UK - I wasn't asked to get it but maybe there are particular circumstances here. I think BUPA might be worth a try .
According to the email it was due to me asking for 12 months, they have no medical issues either on the e600 or the 143 so no particular circumstances should be flagged up. The problem we have is not knowing when the 143 will be granted, it might be within 2/3 months of arriving or 5/6 months, so had to request up to 12 months, just another obstacle to overcome.