Guest guest36187

Hi all,

Has anyone contacted the parent centre in perth to check on status of their visa and if so how long before they reply? We sent one today to chase up out 143 lodged in Nov 2013. Still not been asked to do our AOS and its so frustrating!!

Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone contacted the parent centre in perth to check on status of their visa and if so how long before they reply? We sent one today to chase up out 143 lodged in Nov 2013. Still not been asked to do our AOS and its so frustrating!!

Thanks

Hi Perthpops

As I understand it, at the moment they are assessing applications lodged 28 August 2013 so you're not quite there yet. Hopefully they will ask you in the next couple of months

Best of luck

maisie

Guest Petina

Still waiting....... had to submit Form 80 again - the new updated version:confused:. Hopefully they now have everything

Guest piramida

Hi everyone,

Please can somebody tell for visa Subclass 173 to Subclass 143 do we need fill just one form 47PA or two?

Can we apply online or better send by post.

I don't understand page 24 on form 47PA how much money I have to to write for payment for my husband and me.

Please if someone know this answer please help me.

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone, our application for visa was dispatched to Perth yesterday. How long does it take to become lodged?

Hi Geoffandgill

Welcome to the waiting room.

Depending how you sent it to the immi dept snail mail or tracked shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks for the application to be lodged. Last year they had a massive backlog but appear to be lodging, applying for the payment and sending the formal acknowledgment much quicker now. If you check out the more recent posts you will notice the timelines in members signature strips.

Regards

Joe

I have a little question - when it says about making payment by credit card does this only mean credit card or can you use a debit card? I don't have a credit card.

Also the bank cheque is that the one where you go into the post office and pay and they fill out the cheque slip to be sent off.

Thanks

Hi fluffy.

I'm in the UK at the moment. If your parents would like to discuss their visa strategy with me they can call me at the Go Matilda office in Southampton on 023 80 30 25 25 - I'm happy to have 10 minutes on the phone with them as a freebie.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

thank you you so much for your reply. I have passed the details on to me parents.

I do have a slightly random question about when it comes to making payments. (I'm so confused) can I pay by debit card. Or what's the difference between a post office money order and a bank cheque.

Thanks

Hi All in the waiting room

today's Test email still showing 28 Aug for 143 offshore applications, however, they have added a few words.........this was a particularly busy month so the date will move slowly! Thank you IMMI for explaining! Hopefully September was a quiet month and they will sprint through to October!

julie

Hi All in the waiting room

today's Test email still showing 28 Aug for 143 offshore applications, however, they have added a few words.........this was a particularly busy month so the date will move slowly! Thank you IMMI for explaining! Hopefully September was a quiet month and they will sprint through to October!

julie

I'm with you on that one Julie, definitely need the timeline to be reduced!

maisie

hi all

havent been on for a while but we've finally decided to bite the bullet and go for a 143 visa - nothing at all to do with the beautiful baby boy we said goodbye to in Sydney two weeks ago!

Can anyone tell me if the cost of this visa is due to go up soon? I have an idea they up the cost every July? many thanks.

Guest geordie joe
hi all

havent been on for a while but we've finally decided to bite the bullet and go for a 143 visa - nothing at all to do with the beautiful baby boy we said goodbye to in Sydney two weeks ago!

Can anyone tell me if the cost of this visa is due to go up soon? I have an idea they up the cost every July? many thanks.

Hi Fisher

Haven't seen anywhere details of a price increase, but you are right it is normally July when the prices changes.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Quick query...do we all have to complete the dreaded form 80 or is it just a random selection of people?

Pretty sure urge everyone has to complete this, one of those where you bite the bullet and crack on with it.

Joe

Guest piramida

Hello everybody,

Kindly ask anyone if can help. For subclass 173 to 143 do I need fill just one form 47PA. Can I pay application fee with debit MasterCard or must be credit card.

Please how much cost application fee. I check on webpage immi.gov.au, but there is not clear for me how much it cost.

Thank you very much for any help

Hello everybody,

Kindly ask anyone if can help. For subclass 173 to 143 do I need fill just one form 47PA. Can I pay application fee with debit MasterCard or must be credit card.

Please how much cost application fee. I check on webpage immi.gov.au, but there is not clear for me how much it cost.

Thank you very much for any help

If you already have a 173 visa you should be completing form 47PT to now apply for the 143. If you look at the first page of form 47PA it does say not to use it if you already have a 173 visa.

I assume you are asking whether you need to just fill in one form for you and your partner. If your partner was included on your application for the 173 then yes you only need one form and will include your partner under Part E.

Under payment (section 42) it does say that debit cards cannot be used for application made by mail.

With regard to charges here is the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx

You might want to double check this for yourself as I am just quoting from the fees page and your circumstances may be different so don’t accept any responsibility

I assume you meet condition 19b:

19b This visa is for:

1. an applicant who is the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at the time of application; or

2. an applicant who has been the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa; and is the holder of a substituted subclass 600 visa at the time of application; or

3. an applicant who has held a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at any time in the 28 days immediately before making the application;

or an applicant whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person.

Looks like the initial VAC is $325 plus $165 for your partner.

And for the second VAC I assume you meet 19j:

19j The second instalment (payable before grant of visa):

1. Applicant who was the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) visa at the time of application: $19 420. – that’s each

And remember the fees tend to go up at 1st July, but you usually pay the fees in force at the time of application, so if you get your application to DIAC before then you would probably pay the above regardless of when the application is processed. Hope this helps but please do double check the information.