Guest guest36187

Hi guys,

Just have a quick question regarding 103 and 143.

1. You'll have to pay

- Application Fee

- Assurance Bond

at the time of lodging application, is this correct?

2. If you lodge 103, and later on want to switch to 143, will the cost of

a. Application Fee

b. Assurance Bond

will be carry over to the new 143 application?

When you apply all you will pay is the initial VAC. The Assurance of Support is not paid until just before visa grant, followed by the second, final visa application charge.

If you have applied for a 103 and then decide to apply for a 143, then you will need to cancel the 103 and make a new application for a 143 and again pay the initial visa application charge. Unfortunately the initial visa application charge for the 103 will not be refunded. However, they will take into consideration the time spent waiting on the 103 when they process the 143.

Perth update today, they are now assessing cpv 143s lodged 27th May 2013 so looks like they are assessing a weeks lodgements per week, if that makes sense, hope they mai tain it

Perth immi update today (19/12) 143 assessment date 27 May 2013

NO CHANGE from your posting dated 9 December - disappointing news !!!

Hi first we would like to say hello to everyone and then post these questions.

We want to emigrate to Australia we are currently in the UK and are UK citizens, I am 69 years old and my wife is 61, two of our three children are permanent residents in Australia so we pass the balance of family test. I can not afford the other visa options open to us and need to apply for an onshore 804 visa. Has anyone done this?

I am aware that I may not live long enough for this visa to ever be granted but the important thing is we will be with our children and grand children.

I know about the medical sides of things the negatives and costs. I have UK state and private pensions and am aware that my UK pension will be frozen at the level it is at when I apply and that my wife's state pension will be frozen at the qualifying level when she reaches entitlement in 2017, my private pensions are index linked, I have looked at the cost of living in Australia and am sure we will be okay.

I have to apply onshore Australia for an 804 should I take my documents (birth, marriage certificates) with me or post them out? should I arrange a Police check while in the UK. What other documents do I need, What documents need to be notarized and should these be done in the UK before I post them out, or should I wait until I am in Australia.. I understand the medical will have to be done in Australia and in the case of a subclass 804 visa if we fail we will have to return to the UK but it is a risk we are prepared to take.

At what point is the assurance of support payable is this after the first medical at 18 months approximately or just prior to the visa being granted.

I would like advice from anyone who has been through this process or can offer any advice.

I hope someone has applied for an 804 and will spare me the time to answer my questions.

thank you all for reading this and some hopefully helping us.

Audrey and Greg Black

When you apply all you will pay is the initial VAC. The Assurance of Support is not paid until just before visa grant, followed by the second, final visa application charge.

If you have applied for a 103 and then decide to apply for a 143, then you will need to cancel the 103 and make a new application for a 143 and again pay the initial visa application charge. Unfortunately the initial visa application charge for the 103 will not be refunded. However, they will take into consideration the time spent waiting on the 103 when they process the 143.

Thanks Bridgeman, appreciate your reply with helpful information.

I have another question, is it the cheaper (and possible?) route to sponsor only mother (or father) on 143 and then the mother (or father) can sponsor the other one via Partner visa (parents are still married)?

Thanks Bridgeman, appreciate your reply with helpful information.

I have another question, is it the cheaper (and possible?) route to sponsor only mother (or father) on 143 and then the mother (or father) can sponsor the other one via Partner visa (parents are still married)?

This used to be possible a few years ago. Unfortunately DIBP have now closed this loophole and it is not possible for a CPV holder to sponsor someone for a partner visa for five years. It is really meant for the CPV holder to sponsor a new partner.

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

Just to wish all fellow parents in the waiting line a very Happy Christmas and let's all hope for a move to Oz in 2015/6!

Tried to get an update from the parents visa email "test" today but no response.

All the best

Steve

A very merry Christmas to you too Steve. Never easy this time of year, thank goodness for skype. However my good lady has made it quite clear regardless if our visa is through or not we will be spending next Christmas with the kids in Perth. Time for some more serious saving.

Joe

A very merry Christmas to you too Steve. Never easy this time of year, thank goodness for skype. However my good lady has made it quite clear regardless if our visa is through or not we will be spending next Christmas with the kids in Perth. Time for some more serious saving.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks - sounds like a plan, we'd love to do Christmas over there but have dog sitter problems this time of year.

Our son is in Perth (Iannaloo) where in Perth are your family.?

As you say Skype is a blessing when it works properly!

All the best

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Skype was terrible for us last night so hardly saw any present opening but it was great at the beach, this morning! We have also decided to be on the Sunshine Coast next Christmas.

For once Skype gremlins was our fault but we did witness the present opening successfully. Lots of gin helped me get over my sadness at not being there. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2015 brings you all you desire........Cheers, Val x

For once Skype gremlins was our fault but we did witness the present opening successfully. Lots of gin helped me get over my sadness at not being there. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2015 brings you all you desire........Cheers, Val x

Skype wasn't too bad for us, although my little grandson kept pressing the buttons and the picture kept disappearing LOL! Soooooooooo missed being there :-(

Hi all

Just to wish all fellow parents in the waiting line a very Happy Christmas and let's all hope for a move to Oz in 2015/6!

Tried to get an update from the parents visa email "test" today but no response.

All the best

Steve

Merry Christmas all

Heres hoping for successfull migrations for all, good luck for the future.

Cassie

All

Current acurate timelines can be estimated from our dates below, no actions were taken ahead of case officer allocation as per. Our migration agents instructions.

Upon appointment of case officer police,medicals, and aos were requested.

Our dates reflect the normal processing times at the current level of applications.

Cassie

Edited by Cass1e04

hi all

I haven't been on here for ages due to an ongoing trauma with my elderly mum. Following a catastrophic fall, she lost most of her remaining sight - not what you want at ninety three - and we have spent most of the year trying to support her and do the right thing re: care and help. She is now in the early stages of Alzheimer's and recently moved into a care home.

I always thought that if this happened I would feel free to move to Australia permanently - but have been surprised to find that I feel more of an obligation than ever. I don't know when we are ever going to feel the time is right to go, so we will stay on the 103 list and bide our time for the moment. The amazing, wonderful bright spot in this awful year has been the news that we are going to be first time grandparents next March - never thought it would happen, our only child will be thirty eight shortly after the birth. We are currently arranging a two month visit to coincide with the birth.

Life is such a jigsaw sometimes ... I just wanted to say, congrats to all who have gained their PR visas this year, good luck to all who are still waiting ... and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Edited by Fisher1

Congratulations Kath! I am here in Sydney at the moment and have all four of my grandchildren together! You will have such a wonderful time with your new 'little one' I do understand your comments regarding your Mum, I had my Mum with us for the last few years of her life. Whatever you choose to do will be right, and your Mum will support you, in her more err 'comprehending' moments!! Congrats again for your new arrival !! Enjoy xx

Hi everyone

The good news is that the immi auto rep!y is functioning again after a lapse of 10 days or so

The bad news is that the assessment date for 143/173s is unchanged from the auto reply dated 9 December, ie 27 May 2013

Things seemed to be looking up a month ago ,but alas , not much progress since then

Happy New Year to all our readers! Can anyone remind me how to update the info on my timeline at the bottom of my posts, I think it is called my 'signature'. I have had a good look on the forum but can't find out how to progress. (Obviously an age related memory lapse!!). 

Oops, please ignore this, I have found out, by default I might add, how to do this, haha.

Edited by carob