Guest guest36187

Tony

go into my profile

then into about me

then enter the info into my signature, that's how I did mine

thanks for the info Cass1e04' trouble is I can't find 'my signature', having safely negotiated the previous two moves!! Help, where do I go next? So useful this site, love reading about others in the same position ie what will happen next!,haha?

thanks for the info Cass1e04' trouble is I can't find 'my signature', having safely negotiated the previous two moves!! Help, where do I go next? So useful this site, love reading about others in the same position ie what will happen next!,haha

Think I have sorted this out now, thanks C

Hi all Parents

Just received the auto update from Perth, they are acknowledging 143 off shore for 12 May 2014 and say that the backlog for acknowledgement letters has increased to 6 months! Interesting that the receipting side has speeded up, they are receipting early October 2014. I reckon they' ve taken the staff over to receipting to get all the money in!

Come on Pvc it would be a nice Xmas present to receive an acknowledgement.

Hi all Parents

Just received the auto update from Perth, they are acknowledging 143 off shore for 12 May 2014 and say that the backlog for acknowledgement letters has increased to 6 months! Interesting that the receipting side has speeded up, they are receipting early October 2014. I reckon they' ve taken the staff over to receipting to get all the money in!

Come on Pvc it would be a nice Xmas present to receive an acknowledgement.

Hi Julie

Yes it would be a nice Xmas present - but don't hold your breath!

Regards

Steve

Congratulations Richard, got me excited also we are 17 days after you, lodged on 29th.

The long waits nearly over.

Case officer now allocated 517 days from acknowledgement, HAP no,s just issued on case officer allocation.

Shows they are running at (533days) -18months from lodgement to appointing case officer.

Sent off police check, booking medicals today and will advise of lead time for medicals later to keep everyone updated on expected timelines.

Police check takes about 10 days on standard process or you can express to 2 day turnaround for an additional fee.

we are now expecting to be heading out just after new year, fingers crossed for no last minute issues

Suddenly became very real.:laugh:

Edited by Cass1e04

Case officer now allocated 517 days from acknowledgement, HAP no,s just issued on case officer allocation.

Sent off police check, booking medicals today and will advise of lead time for medicals later to keep everyone updated on expected timelines.

Police check takes about 10 days on standard process or you can express to 2 day turnaround for an additional fee.

Suddenly became very real.:laugh:

Hi Cass

Many congratulations, I hope the process goes well and I look forward to your updates.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Cass

Many congratulations, I hope the process goes well and I look forward to your updates.

Best wishes

Steve

No problem Steve, I telephoned Nuffield in Plymouth to book the medicals just missed the last appointment for next Thursday, booked our medicals for 4th dec. price is £276.00 each this includes all tests, they carry out a medical, chest ex ray and HIV blood test.

They undertake the medicals for oz on a Thursday so pretty good lead time 1-2 weeks notice.

The lady advised the results come back in 5 days and after checking they upload details via Internet straight to immi in oz under your HAP ref. She advised they will be uploaded about 7days after medical.

While we are getting the medicals and criminal check done, our daughter is doing the Aos in oz so hopefully all conditions should be met by about mid dec.

Others have posted Visa grant then takes about 2 weeks, we are hoping for a visa then flight just after the new year if all goes well.

At same time we are going through our pet dog export, some tricky timelines on that one.

Pet export process started about 9 months ago with rabies vacination and tests then some pretty critical vets processes 45-30 days prior to export.

Hope that clarifies process we are going through, our is a joint 143 offshore CPV myself and my good lady plus our pooch.

Edited by noworriesmate

Hi Cass

Best wishes

Steve[/quote

No problem Steve, I telephoned Nuffield in Plymouth to book the medicals just missed the last appointment for next Thursday, booked our medicals for 4th dec. price is £276.00 each this includes all tests, they carry out a medical, chest ex ray and HIV blood test.

They undertake the medicals for oz on a Thursday so pretty good lead time 1-2 weeks notice.

The lady advised the results come back in 5 days and after checking they upload details via Internet straight to immi in oz under your HAP ref. She advised they will be uploaded about 7days after medical.

While we are getting the medicals and criminal check done, our daughter is doing the Aos in oz so hopefully all conditions should be met by about mid dec.

Others have posted Visa grant then takes about 2 weeks, we are hoping for a visa then flight just after the new year if all goes well.

At same time we are going through our pet dog export, some tricky timelines on that one.

Pet export process started about 9 months ago with rabies vacination and tests then some pretty critical vets processes 45-30 days prior to export.

Hope that clarifies process we are going through, our is a joint 143 offshore CPV myself and my good lady plus our pooch.

Hi Cass

Thanks for that, all very helpful and informative.

I'm taking my dog as well, would you PM me with the details for your experience so far with taking yours, (vets, airlines etc) please.

Regards

Steve

The immi auto reply today states they are assessing 143/173's lodged on 9 April 2013 which seems odd because on 5 November Richard Coull was given his assessment start date and he lodged his application on 12 April 2013

So in 3 weeks they have gone back 3 days !!!!!!

Edited by Barry001

Hi there

slightly different question. I have my visa and have been here for nearly 2 years. I have to go back to uk for a time. Maybe a year. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to how long you can be out of Oz once you have the visa. I can't find anything on the immigration website

Many thanks

moira Ruth

If yours is a permanent Parent visa, it is valid for re-entry to Australia for 5 years from the date of grant. During that time, you can come and go as you please and could stay away for a couple of years or even longer if you wish.

After your re-entry rights expire however, you can only re-enter Australia if you have a Resident Return visa. If you have been in Australia for at least 2 out of the 5 years immediately before you apply for a RRV, you will automatically get one that is valid for 5 years which re-sets your re-entry rights for another 5 years. If you have spent more than 3 years out of the 5 before applying outside Australia, it gets trickier and you can only get a RRV that is valid for 1 year (or perhaps even only 3 months) and certain eligibility requirements apply. Select the 'Visa applicants' tab then 'Who could get this visa' for details.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx

If you've been in Australia for nearly 2 years, can you possibly delay your travel until the 2 years is up? Then, you can stay outside the country for as long as 3 years and still be able to get a 5 year RRV easily. If you'll definitely only be away for 1 or 2 years, clocking up the 2 years isn't particularly important as you'll still be within the initial 5 year visa validity but if it's possible that your return may be delayed by a couple of years, having already met the requirements for a 5 year RRV will be invaluable when it comes time to return.

If yours is a permanent Parent visa, it is valid for re-entry to Australia for 5 years from the date of grant. During that time, you can come and go as you please and could stay away for a couple of years or even longer if you wish.

After your re-entry rights expire however, you can only re-enter Australia if you have a Resident Return visa. If you have been in Australia for at least 2 out of the 5 years immediately before you apply for a RRV, you will automatically get one that is valid for 5 years which re-sets your re-entry rights for another 5 years. If you have spent more than 3 years out of the 5 before applying outside Australia, it gets trickier and you can only get a RRV that is valid for 1 year (or perhaps even only 3 months) and certain eligibility requirements apply. Select the 'Visa applicants' tab then 'Who could get this visa' for details.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx

If you've been in Australia for nearly 2 years, can you possibly delay your travel until the 2 years is up? Then, you can stay outside the country for as long as 3 years and still be able to get a 5 year RRV easily. If you'll definitely only be away for 1 or 2 years, clocking up the 2 years isn't particularly important as you'll still be within the initial 5 year visa validity but if it's possible that your return may be delayed by a couple of years, having already met the requirements for a 5 year RRV will be invaluable when it comes time to return.

Thank you for your very informative reply. I appreciate it.

moira

Hi , need some help! So we are trying to get parents out. But I'm confused about the payments of the visa. The second instalment for CPV would be like $43.600 per person! So this second instalment , is that just a huge lump sum you pay the government ?? Or does it go towards you living over there??? How does it work?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi ,. eed some help! So we are trying to get parents out. But I'm confused about the payments of the visa. The second instalment for CPV would be like $43.600 per person! So this second instalment , is that just a huge lump sum you pay the government ?? Or does it go towards you living over there??? How does it work?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi there Whites,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are correct. That is the price. You pay the fee and it entitles you to live and work in Australia. Also with the CPV 143 you have to lodge $14000 with Centrelink in case your parents need their assistance in the first 10 years. If you don't use any of it then they return it with interest. The visa cost is non refundable and doesn't cover anything else. However, I think I'm correct in saying that after 10years in residence they will be eligible for the Australian pension which is just as well as their uk one will be frozen at the rate in was when they migrated.

Hope this helps,

Val

Hi , need some help! So we are trying to get parents out. But I'm confused about the payments of the visa. The second instalment for CPV would be like $43.600 per person! So this second instalment , is that just a huge lump sum you pay the government ?? Or does it go towards you living over there??? How does it work?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi Whites

Vava, is correct.

best way to view the fee is as a pension fund, you will not get a better return on your money than qualifiying for the oz pension for your cash after 10years work, 30years N.I. Contributions to qualify for UK pension

if you pay the same sum into a private pension you may 6% p.a. If your lucky.

money wisely invested in my view.

Edited by Cass1e04

Hi Whites

Vava, is correct.

best way to view the fee is as a pension fund, you will not get a better return on your money than qualifiying for the oz pension for your cash after 10years work, 30years N.I. Contributions to qualify for UK pension

hiya Cassie1e04. Well, you look like a lucky person, and seem to have jumped a few days ahead in this visa game, going by what Barry001 said earlier. Is Immi a bit all over the place? We lodged in June 2013, and were lucky enough to be informed on acknowledgement of what we had to do and when, which in some ways makes life a bit easier. A waiting game for us all!! Interesting what you have said about viewing the ten years wait, unfortunately due to my age I may not make it, haha

Keep the info coming. C x

Hi Whites

Vava, is correct.

Hi Cass

Interesting thought about viewing the 2nd VAC as future Oz Aged Pension. does anyone understand the rules and regs for qualifying for the OZ Aged pension pension? I know you have to wait ten years and that it is income and asset tested.

having trawled my way through the info on the Human Resources site I've become somewhat confused.

I am right in thinking that they exclude your principle residence from the asset calculation but include any rental property/holiday home that you might have. with regards to income do they then calculate any UK pensions, Ozzie super, rental income etc and if that comes to less that 284 AUD per fortnight you get the full pension if it is more than 284AUD then you get 50c for each dollar over the 284 - Is there a cut off point where you don't qualify at all?

Julie

Hi Cass

Interesting thought about viewing the 2nd VAC as future Oz Aged Pension. does anyone understand the rules and regs for qualifying for the OZ Aged pension pension? I know you have to wait ten years and that it is income and asset tested.

having trawled my way through the info on the Human Resources site I've become somewhat confused.

I am right in thinking that they exclude your principle residence from the asset calculation but include any rental property/holiday home that you might have. with regards to income do they then calculate any UK pensions, Ozzie super, rental income etc and if that comes to less that 284 AUD per fortnight you get the full pension if it is more than 284AUD then you get 50c for each dollar over the 284 - Is there a cut off point where you don't qualify at all?

Julie

Hi Julie

My understanding is you qualify for full Oz pension after 10 years residency on a 143 visa.

i have 10 years of working age left so health permiting should be ok.

there are levels of means testing and tax liabilities based on your own personal assetts and other private pension funds, you would need to do some research on the rules and limitations

would check out the Oz gov. Website.

one of the financial members may comment further for you.

i would repost your queries over on the financial posting threads and you may get the answers you need

Edited by Cass1e04

We have also discovered that there are other subtle ways in which we are penalised financially for not being able to draw an Oz state pension at the moment. There are various household and medical rebates which are only available to those drawing an Oz state pension, although this does depend on the state. In addition we have discovered that Seniors drawing an Oz state pension are entitled to a larger tax allowance, which of course we currently are not. An expensive business this parent visa lark!

We have also discovered that there are other subtle ways in which we are penalised financially for not being able to draw an Oz state pension at the moment. There are various household and medical rebates which are only available to those drawing an Oz state pension, although this does depend on the state. In addition we have discovered that Seniors drawing an Oz state pension are entitled to a larger tax allowance, which of course we currently are not. An expensive business this parent visa lark!

Hi Bridgeman

Can you tell me what the tax allowance is for those drawing Oz aged pension? As you say it's an expensive business.

Julie