Guest guest36187

Just gotta rant....so please bear with me.....!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhh im sick of these stealing so and so`s, 3 vehicles in my area including mine has had the catalytic convertors sawn off....im sooooo mad.

Although the police have been round,`totes amaze`!!!!, not much chance of catching them tho ! just gonna cost me a fortune to fix and do i bother cos they could come back next week and do the same.....

ok done ! thanks

Arghhhhhhhhh im sick of these stealing so and so`s, 3 vehicles in my area including mine has had the catalytic convertors sawn off....im sooooo mad.

Although the police have been round,`totes amaze`!!!!, not much chance of catching them tho ! just gonna cost me a fortune to fix and do i bother cos they could come back next week and do the same.....

ok done ! thanks

So sorry to hear that. Is it in Australia or UK?

Hi Angie, No idea about tax - sorry! I would have thought that once our business have been wound up and the accountant's done his numbers and sent all the figures off to HMRC we'll get a final bill and that will be it (famous last words etc)! I suppose if someone else employed us we could just walk away.

We thought it might be a good indication of true house prices if we went to watch a couple of auctions. You can see online how much the guide price is but you can't ever see what they actually went for. I just hope I dont nod my head or wave my arm when we go to one!

How are you finding Birkdale? There are a lot of lovely places to live in the bayside area so I hope we will be able to afford something (fingers crossed).

Three weeks and counting.......................

Val x

Hi Val. We are loving Birkdale. It's such a lovely area with loads of walks. We try and take a walk along the esplanade every morning - it's so peaceful and starts the day off perfectly. Not long now till you are here. It would be great to arrange a get together when you have settled in. Val and Matt have given me their mobile number so I could try and arrange a date, time and venue to suit all of us. Take care - Angie x

ok done ! thanks

Oh that's a horrible thing to happen to you. What scumbags!! :( I don't wish anything nasty to happen to anyone but a taste of their own medicine wouldn't go amiss!! Hope you're okay now. Angie

yes that's correct. I have a Commonwealth Health Card and have received 2 clean energy payments. I thought it may have been a Centrelink payment which of course would come off the Assurance of Support; but apparently not and it is tax-free!

Marian

Am I right in thinking you have to be 65 or over to apply for this card?Val x

Hi

here is the link:-

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/commonwealth-seniors-health-card

To qualify for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card you must meet specific requirements, including age and residence conditions.

To qualify, you must:

• meet the residence requirements (see below)

• not be subject to a newly arrived resident’s waiting period

• have reached age pension[1] age (see below) but not qualify for a payment from us or the Department of Veterans' Affairs

• provide us with your and your partner's tax file numbers, or be granted an exemption from doing so, and

• have an annual adjusted taxable income[2]* of less than:

• $50 000 (singles)

• $80 000 (couples, combined), or

• $100 000 (couples, combined, for couples separated by illness or respite care or where one partner is in prison).

*This limit is increased by $639.60 for each dependent child you care for.

Hope this helps?

Charlie

So sorry to hear that. It makes me soooo :mad: when these toerags are too dam lazy to do any work and think it's their right to take what you have worked so hard for.

Where abouts are you?

Phoebe

Thanks Phoebe,

we are in the UK.....Midlands area....spose itll get worse nearer to Christmas...

Hi Everyone

I have a personal question to ask to those of you who maybe have/are going through this ATM

After a nightmare 17 months with my health I'm finally coming to the end of it just one more (hopefully) big 'tricky' op but at least nothing sinister was found

Couple of months ago hubby started having some problems various tests etc, he got a letter this morning to say they have found a 2cm 'mass' in his bowel so has to go for a specialized blood test (he's going tomorrow) and something called an Enteroscopy so they can take a biopsy. Lymphoma is also mentioned in his consultants letter.

It's really shaken both of us of course it may be nothing 'sinister' please god but we have to prepare ourselves. I can't believe that after almost finally getting hubby round to my way of thinking this has happened. He's even been looking at places to settle, house prices etc and getting excited about our next visit so we can have a good look around see what might suit us best.

I just don't know what to do. Has anyone been in this position? Is it worth even continuing to get my hopes up or do I just forget the whole thing?

Advice would be most welcome. Thanks

Phoebe

Oh Phoebe! I can't help I'm afraid with whether this will stop you continuing your dream, but just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of yet another health scare for you.

The good old NHS does seem to pull its finger in these situations, so hopefully you'll (other half ) get a good result and pretty quick.

I'm sure someone will come along with some help soon, just wanted to say 'thinking of you'

Cheers Pam

Edited by Stellathedog
Spelling

Hi Everyone

I have a personal question to ask to those of you who maybe have/are going through this ATM

After a nightmare 17 months with my health I'm finally coming to the end of it just one more (hopefully) big 'tricky' op but at least nothing sinister was found

Couple of months ago hubby started having some problems various tests etc, he got a letter this morning to say they have found a 2cm 'mass' in his bowel so has to go for a specialized blood test (he's going tomorrow) and something called an Enteroscopy so they can take a biopsy. Lymphoma is also mentioned in his consultants letter.

It's really shaken both of us of course it may be nothing 'sinister' please god but we have to prepare ourselves. I can't believe that after almost finally getting hubby round to my way of thinking this has happened. He's even been looking at places to settle, house prices etc and getting excited about our next visit so we can have a good look around see what might suit us best.

I just don't know what to do. Has anyone been in this position? Is it worth even continuing to get my hopes up or do I just forget the whole thing?

Advice would be most welcome. Thanks

Phoebe

Dear Phoebe,

You're going through everyone's worst nightmare while waiting those long 18 months for a visa. We can only sympathize and wish you a well-deserved change in your fortunes. It's so frustrating not to be able to offer anything else. Just take things as they come and don't give up hope. As I said, ... hopeless words, but we're thinking of you both.

John & Eirian

Dear Phoebe

Just when you thought you had turned the corner up comes another obstacle. I am sure all the POMS in oz family will be really appreciating their own good fortune. I know I am.

Marian

We have proudly become Aussie Citizens this year in July and we are now looking at bringing over my parents - dad, aged 83 and mom, aged 79. I am the only child and flying back and forth to South Africa yearly is costly not to mention the worry of being so far away and them not having any support close to them. I have a very supportive and wonderful husband who has suggested we bring them over and convert our one double garage for them into a large bedroom/kitchenette with an en suite. They have never flown over to visit us as they are financially dependent on us - South African pensions are not enough for them to survive on. We would need to take care of them here financially - I believe the non Contributory parent visa (offshore) is the way to go. Does anyone know the costs involved with this? costs of medicals etc as well ? I would need to bare all these costs so really need to look to see if it is something we can take on and afford, especially having a son in high school and a part time job! :-) any advise would be really appreciated. Thanks ever so much all :-):smile: