Dinosaurs' thread (long wait)

McKlaut

I think maybe such thread can help those who have been waiting for their visa decisions for a long time (year and more). I mean those from cat4-5 who should be processed but stuck with impediments.

We can share our situations and possible ways to move things ahead.

At least just moan and cry to each other's shoulders. :wink:

As for me now it's been almost 19 months since we lodged our visa application and 28 months since we applied for Australian skill assessment. So, going through our 3d year of "life on hold".

Luckily we were wise enough not to postpone our second child birth. And this is the only decision that we could make with no regard for immigration. Every other steps that were taken were affected by our "sunny plans".

Ok, here we now have been stuck on external checks since August 2009. Complained to DIAC about this - no results, IGIS - no results, answer "we take complaints only after 6 months from checks beginning".

So, I wonder what are others' situations and reasons for delay and what you've done to try to cope with this.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there

Can I not join this thread as I think I'm in for an even longer wait than you!! I applied Dec 08 before prioritisation even existed! I am a lowly 886 Cat 6 family sponsored and even worse an ex student arrghhhhh so I will be waiting for years after you!

You are so close, it will happen just keep the faith....it could be worse you could be in cat 6 or even 7.

I reckon you're the next to get your visa, I've seen a few come and go over the last 12 months.....

Good luck :)

Guest Off to the Sun

Hi fellow dinorsaurs!!

Gosh 33 mths, that must be some kind of a record, you should change this thread to "Horror Timelines" McClaut or "who else has been screwed by Australia" lol :skeptical:

We decided to move in February 2008 and at the time it was a 6 - 9 mth wait for the visa, we did our TRA in June 2008 and our visa was lodged in Aug 2008 - so in total we've been planning for 2 years, if I'd known at the start I honestly wouldn't have bothered. If I thought I could get a refund I'd jump at it and head for Canada instead.

Our families don't talk to us or our children since we made the announcement in 2008, we have an offer on the house but I really don't want to sell it until I have my PR. Its a great mess really.

Another thing really gets me is that people with the same occupation who applied ages after us are getting their visas because they got SS before we did, and we are still waiting, its not fair!! Oh we have a straight forward decision ready case, our meds expire next month so thats another €500 down the drain for Australia.

Anyway enough feeling sorry for myself, I'm off for a greasy donught and some strong coffee.

Bel

Good thread McKlaut....

Its been 2 years since we started the 'ball rolling' (Jan 2008)....

I did a lot of research first, to ensure that this was what we all really wanted...

then doing more research on our options....

Before then doing a ton more research on hiring a migration agent

Perhaps if I hadnt done so much research....:GEEK:We would be there by now!!!

Then we were held up in the pathwayD/Map changes....So waited & waited.....Finally they announced that it was suspended 'indefinately'!...

So we applied for AQFIII, the rest is on my timeline

I could go on & on about the stress, time & money....But I like to 'try' & stay positive, so I wont!....:twitcy:

Oh I'm loving the whinging can I join in!

I have got a full time job in QLD in nominated occupation (same job I did in UK)...but got refused for an off list state nomination cos I'm not on the off list 'list'.....

I started the process in 2005 got done over by useless agent, missed out on PR, took study route and the rest is history........

Its good to vent eh!:arghh:

Good luck to us all...and hey 33 months I'm feeling for you xx

Whinge over now

Hi there

Can I not join this thread as I think I'm in for an even longer wait than you!! I applied Dec 08 before prioritisation even existed! I am a lowly 886 Cat 6 family sponsored and even worse an ex student arrghhhhh so I will be waiting for years after you!

You are so close, it will happen just keep the faith....it could be worse you could be in cat 6 or even 7.

I reckon you're the next to get your visa, I've seen a few come and go over the last 12 months.....

Good luck :)

oh yes. You (cat 6 and 7) are the real dinausors. I hope you'll extinct by getting your visas sooner rather than later.

However, we also have some old species in cat 5 and 4 too. And I'd like to share their experiences in coping with this situation.

Hi CarterTucker

No I don't agree, if you hadn't done any research and relied upon an agent for knowledge and guidance then you could have ended up like me! I had my first positive skills assessment in Jan 2006...if only i knew what the implications were of turning 35 years old! Why was I not advised on state sponsorship then,???

I so wish I had researched and knew then what I know now...hindsight eh!

I'm sure you will be sorted soon...hang in there...I will revert back to 'positive' mode now..even though its really hard sometimes,

xx

I am wondering, if among all the countries, .aus has the most illogical and unjust immigration policies? Sorry but it's actually their mess not ours, and why are we responsible for that?

But I know DIAC is slowly cleaning it up considering how many visa grants we have these past few months. But still there are many hanging questions esp those who waited for more than a year until now.

Guest Off to the Sun
I am wondering, if among all the countries, .aus has the most illogical and unjust immigration policies? Sorry but it's actually their mess not ours, and why are we responsible with that?

Its because some of us were stupid (sorry!) enough to take the Aussie Immigration by their word, we did and we got screwed royally. We also took their immi website and their published guidelines as gospel, which we later found out should be taken with a huge bucket of salt. I'd say they are having a great laugh at us while they spend our money on Christmas Island.

We also took our agent (MARA member) by their word and discovered that they are also only after one thing - again, money, we got Qld SS without them, they wanted €500 for filling in one form, what a pack of scumbags they turned out to be.

Neither of them really gives a toss as we found out to our detriment, I'm sorry if I sound bitter but I am at the amount of stress and time and heartache and money this has caused our family. Ok rant over lol, that was theraputic :wink:

yes.. anything that involves money is really crucial. we don't just steal the money to pay their expensive charges and everything...

DIAC dont take that into consideration. I THINK they think ALL applicants are well-off and rich and just want to move in Australia to settle for good. They think it's like buying two different shirts with the same price.

No matter how they fire loads of stupid changes, none of those are helping us to HOLD ON and wait. They broke their promises to people. They don't even have a word of honor.

I am mad because, it seems they are playing on us. Look at those who waited for years and still no visa and those who were granted earlier than them.

What will happen to us now? Don't tell me we're going to wait 4-5 years and by that time, those freshest applications will be granted first than us?

I love AUSTRALIA, but i hate DIAC. Period.

What if i used an agent, what if i knew about 176 when i applied for my 175, what if we didn't wait 2 weeks after getting positive skills assessment before applying for 175, what if i didn't stall by 2 weeks when 16th March changes took place, what if queensland only took 6 - 8 weeks to process ss application instead of 30, what if we applied to a different state. If i had changed just 1 of these what ifs i think i may well be in Australia by now. But maybe these what ifs are part of our fate and one day we will know why.:huh:

Guest Off to the Sun
What if i used an agent, what if i knew about 176 when i applied for my 175, what if we didn't wait 2 weeks after getting positive skills assessment before applying for 175, what if i didn't stall by 2 weeks when 16th March changes took place, what if queensland only took 6 - 8 weeks to process ss application instead of 30, what if we applied to a different state. If i had changed just 1 of these what ifs i think i may well be in Australia by now. But maybe these what ifs are part of our fate and one day we will know why.:huh:

Gosh those are exactly the questions I've been asking myself for the last year when all the changes started, we stalled a couple of times too and unfortunately those were to be our downfall. I do think its fate too, some day it will be revealed why it went sooo wrong. Right now its just that awful feeling that you've been had by someone you trusted. Nice ray of sunshine I am today :biggrin:

Out of interest does anyone know if you change from a 175 to a 176 does your application date change to when the change happened? From what my agent is saying this is the case but I'd be reluctant to take any advice from that shower!

Its because some of us were stupid (sorry!) enough to take the Aussie Immigration by their word, we did and we got screwed royally. We also took their immi website and their published guidelines as gospel, which we later found out should be taken with a huge bucket of salt. I'd say they are having a great laugh at us while they spend our money on Christmas Island.

We also took our agent (MARA member) by their word and discovered that they are also only after one thing - again, money, we got Qld SS without them, they wanted €500 for filling in one form, what a pack of scumbags they turned out to be.

Neither of them really gives a toss as we found out to our detriment, I'm sorry if I sound bitter but I am at the amount of stress and time and heartache and money this has caused our family. Ok rant over lol, that was theraputic :wink:

Thank u dear friend,

i also share the same feelings. u have put down the feelings so nicely. I feel low and lost these days. I was so confident, cheerful and talented that these days I just look back to my agents early days with me and www.immi.gov.au, the gospel as such for fools.

Please post it to all the forums so that all the guys will read it.

thanks

Guest Off to the Sun

I'm just venting dream, but thank you. I think most people with the "horror timelines" will have exactly the same feelings at the moment.

Well, for now, lets think DIAC don't care about us anymore. Let's wait for miracles.

I don't think we/you should think so negatively. They are just clerks and do what they are told to do. In fact, DIAC have always worked this way: lots of unpredictabilities and uncertainties.

But I don't think (at least hope) they are specially chosen monsters whose job is to take fun from our sufferings.

Before 17/12/2008 the system was quite clear and predictable for several years. So, lets hope it will become predictable again any time soon.

Waiting for the miracle is a nice escape too but I'd like to know what I can do esle while doing nothing. If I should climb the Everest mountain to speed this process I will.

So, let's try to switch to a positive side.

I don't think we/you should think so negatively. They are just clerks and do what they are told to do. In fact, DIAC have always worked this way: lots of unpredictabilities and uncertainties.

But I don't think (at least hope) they are specially chosen monsters whose job is to take fun from our sufferings.

Before 17/12/2008 the system was quite clear and predictable for several years. So, lets hope it will become predictable again any time soon.

Waiting for the miracle is a nice escape too but I'd like to know what I can do esle while doing nothing. If I should climb the Everest mountain to speed this process I will.

So, let's try to switch to a positive side.

Im just being bitter and sarcastic, McKlaut, and I know it won't help me but still follow DIAC.

Im just being bitter and sarcastic, McKlaut, and I know it won't help me but still follow DIAC.

A great country like Australia should have to be transparent and fair on those.

who r healthy

with no hiv/aids

skills assessed and qualified

academically sound

have met all the standards like ielts

state sponsored

have paid hard earned money,

trusted the system so much

and finally dumped till 2012 retrospectively..

Still the HOPE IS ON,,NO ANY ALTERNATIVES,,But faster the better

Let the humAN feelings and emotions be respected as their right

Regards

Guest Off to the Sun

Well one positive I can think of is oh has found a career he loves and is training for it, I'm so proud of him and he's a different person these last few months after a very hard year without work. If we had gone to Australia last year he might not have had that chance to study. So there's my silver lining.

Anyone else have a "sunshine, lollipops and rainbows" blessing they'd like to share? :hug:

What if i used an agent, .:huh:

If I didn't have an agent I would have definately applied for SS in Dec 2008 - Jan 2009 and most likely have my visas by now.

BUT. That time my agent strongly argued that I didn't need SS and I would be finalised soon without SS. He was rather experienced agent and said this information came from ASPC top staff. :wink:

Maybe, If he was not so experienced and didn't have that information I would be much luckier. :wink:

i feel for you all that have been waiting for years. We decided to come over in april of 07. We found a spoonsor and were in oz by april of 08. We are just about to put in for PR through the company.. I have to say though, it has not been a bed of roses and I would discourage anyone from coming on a 457 if there was any way they could get PR first. All in all we might be in OZ, but it will have taken us 3 years from when we decided to come b4 we have total security, meaning PR. It's been really stressful and worrying at times and I will be so glad when its all over. For all of you in the UK waiting, you will be so much happier coming with PR straight away. I mean with us, if anything happened, even now weeks b4 we apply, were to go wrong, we are screwed. So, try and see the positive side to things and soon you will be here and you'll be laughing :-)

Mine is a slightly different story we have been thwarted by not only Diac changes but also a bitter ex who has managed to put the brakes on our application despite the fact he lives in Australia and I would be bringing his daughter closer to him, He and his new wife dont want us there and our CO seems determined to believe any peace of malicious nastiness that they choose to throw at us. We have had a CO 3 times now and been close to completion twice but here we are still waiting...................:cry:

Archived