Finally we have pushed the button!

mr luvpants

After nearly two years of this migration lark we have finally applied for our 176 visa. we had to wait till today as my wife qualified as a nurse one year ago yesterday.

We also put our house up for sale, expecting a long wait and sods law, the first couple that came along paid cash and wanted us out in 4 weeks! So we are now living in rented till we go which hopefully should be the end of the year.

Now the wait!

JOHN

Yeah!!!! about time hey!!! Well done to you both.

I have to say though, I remember when you was first talking about whether you should apply to QLD or wait for the year... I can't believe that time has passed already!

Well done, now the next queue... At least you are in a good category for processing xxx

Some things are meant to be, and I have a feeling Australia is the place for you guys !!

Not long now, time fly's by

xx

Well done on the sale! At least you know exactly where you are moneywise, even if timewise there is a questionmark.

Good luck with a speedy visa and hope your wish to become a police officer comes through too!

Can't wait til I can push the button too............

Cheers Pam

Great news John and Lisa, you'll be here before you know it. The time passes so quick, you think you have all the time in the world to sort things out but before you know it its only weeks away. Look forward to meeting you both soon

Well done on the sale! At least you know exactly where you are moneywise, even if timewise there is a questionmark.

Good luck with a speedy visa and hope your wish to become a police officer comes through too!

Can't wait til I can push the button too............

Cheers Pam

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Regarding the Police thing, that has been going well as well. I am doing an online diploma so that I can apply and so far have done 4 of the 6 units.

We could leave earlier than December but we have a best friends wedding to go to and they pleaded with us either to come back or stay and then go. We cant afford to return so soon so we will have to stay and leave straight after. Hopefully booking flights next month.

I cant believe that we have finally done it.

JOHN

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi John its jim here,

we have had several chats over the last couple of years, we have been on a massive roller coaster ride for ages now, not knowing whether to go or not and in the end up i said to helen, lets just put in the visa and see how it goes, has it been the same for you, or were you both certain you wanted to go. Anyway when we got the 175 csl pr visa through on the 24/11/09 it changed everything. For me the thought of being able to just leave the uk and all its problems behind was a massive relief and helen has changed her mind also. She was very reluctant to even put in for the visa, but now that we have it she wants to go. We are visiting Brisbane for a month in April and we did the same in Perth, which we liked, but it didn't have the wow factor, so heres hoping that Brissie blows us away. Best of luck with your visa application and if we both end up there we must meet up.

jim.

Guest guest17301

I also remember when it was just in the thinking about it phase John, OMG you will have the visa before you know it!! I reckon 8 weeks! You wont want to wait till December! All the best you're sooo close now...Keep us posted x

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Hopefully booking flights next month.

Good you on pal, best of luck with the application. Isn't it a bit early to book flights though? I'd hang fire on that front till you get the golden ticket... maybe I'm just a cynical pessimist after the roller-coaster ride we've been through the last year, but this visa application malarkey has a nasty habit of springing nasty surprises on you...

Cheers

BB

Guest The Ropey HOFF
good on ya mate, i get the vibe your going to make it work no matter what.

Hi Pommypaul,

whats the weather like in April, we are ther for a month at surfers paradise and our apartments have ceiling fans, will we be too hot on a night, or is it starting to get a little less humid by then. Also we like sitting out having a drink on our balcony, will the mosquitos be getting us, let us know and just to cheer you it was -22 here in the uk last night, yep i said -22, so enjoy it in the sun you lucky bludger.

jim:goofy:

got to admit i've completely aclimatised now so have sort of found a new level of comfort lol...

.... saying that though april should be pretty comfortable and the mozzies are usually pretty goo in resort/city area as they tend to take care to remove any possible breeding areas, you'll be right! have a good un bud :)

Hi Guys

We are being optomistic but we are CSL and SS. My wife is a Nurse and we have been fast tracked all the way so far.Worse case scenario is that we defer our flights. As I said the house is gone and we are renting off a friend who said if we need to extend the lease its not going to be a problem.

JOHN

Hi John its jim here,

we have had several chats over the last couple of years, we have been on a massive roller coaster ride for ages now, not knowing whether to go or not and in the end up i said to helen, lets just put in the visa and see how it goes, has it been the same for you, or were you both certain you wanted to go. Anyway when we got the 175 csl pr visa through on the 24/11/09 it changed everything. For me the thought of being able to just leave the uk and all its problems behind was a massive relief and helen has changed her mind also. She was very reluctant to even put in for the visa, but now that we have it she wants to go. We are visiting Brisbane for a month in April and we did the same in Perth, which we liked, but it didn't have the wow factor, so heres hoping that Brissie blows us away. Best of luck with your visa application and if we both end up there we must meet up.

jim.

Hi Jim

I have wanted to go for 20 years now but the Ex was not having it! So got rid of her and found someone else. LOL. The first thing I done when I go divorced with the bit of money I got was to go to Australia with my new GF. We both loved it. That GF is now my wife and she wanted to be a nurse. In 2008 (which was her last year as a nursing student) we went to Australia for 7 weeks, of which Lisa worked at a hospital as part of her training. We both decided that that was our goal.

I am not going to say it has been easy. we made a decision and Lisa was sticking with it. Me. on the other hand has had a few wobbles. You know yourself that you become institualised when you work for the Public services and I started Risk assessing everything and working out plan Bs. But we are in our early 40s and want an adventure. Whats the worse case scenario that can happen? we have lived abroad for a year or two? How many people can say that?

I am totally focused now. We are going. we will get our visa this year. we will make it a success.

On the Perth/Brisbane debate? its horses for courses and I dont want to offend anyone but we spent a week in QLD and loved it. Flew to Perth and both of us said after2 hours of landing, that this was not for us. i think you will love the Brisbane area.

Deffo on the meet up. If you can handle us that is,as we are quite party animals!:cool:

John

Archived