176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Ha ha

I'm so desperate :wacko: if I could know right now I would not care too much if they were washed or not!:laugh:

I just want to know :arghh:

Hi i know that feeling but after 20 months of waiting i kinda relaxed with the whole thing in fact i can almost imagine life here again if only i new if i will get a visa or not so i can begin to plan again

Tania

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

valid point Matjones

however i'm just a messenger of a post I found helpful and thought others might feel the same after finding out that WA were going to do a 3 tier priority list and this seemed like a good guideline as to where we might be placed in order of priority as have seen nothing up until that post and feeling so fustrated....take it with a pinch of salt (which i am sure you have) as with most posts and predictions as its all a horrible guessing game until the big bods decided to let us know what is happening.

Guest Aslan

Hello Everyone,

I lodged a PLE last week and I got their reply today as follows:

Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

As we have told you previously this application is not prioritised according to the current processing directions and it not likely to be dealt with for at least 2 years from the time of application.

I suggest you monitor the IMMI.GOV.AU web site over the coming weeks for any changes to processing directions.

If they are really true to their words then I should wait until January 2011 before my application will be processed further. :mad:

Aslan

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

As we have told you previously this application is not prioritised according to the current processing directions and it not likely to be dealt with for at least 2 years from the time of application.

I suggest you monitor the IMMI.GOV.AU web site over the coming weeks for any changes to processing directions.

If they are really true to their words then I should wait until January 2011 before my application will be processed further. :mad:

Aslan

This is why all SS applicants are anxiously awaiting the release of the SMP. It will increase processing times if we are on it.

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Aslan

Hi Aslan,

Thanks for this if this is what Diac are saying is true then i would be happy:smile: as it will be 2 years this Nov for me fingers crossed.:skeptical:

Originally Posted by Aslan viewpost.gif

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Aslan

Hi Aslan,

Thanks for this if this is what Diac are saying is true then i would be happy:smile: as it will be 2 years this Nov for me fingers crossed

it actually reads 'not likely to be dealt with for at least 2 years from the time of application , although that is under the current processing directions.

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Aslan

Well that dont sound good to me!:arghh:

Guest pinal
Originally Posted by Aslan viewpost.gif

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Aslan

Hi Aslan,

Thanks for this if this is what Diac are saying is true then i would be happy:smile: as it will be 2 years this Nov for me fingers crossed

it actually reads 'not likely to be dealt with for at least 2 years from the time of application , although that is under the current processing directions.

Hi Aslan,

Thanks for this if this is what Diac are saying is true then i would be happy:smile: as it will be 2 years this Nov for me fingers crossed.:skeptical:

This is why all SS applicants are anxiously awaiting the release of the SMP. It will increase processing times if we are on it.

Hello Everyone,

Dear XXXXXXXX

Aslan

Hellooo.... every one,

I have spent 2 years and 5 months in Australia Migration System.

Yet not hear any things.

Now waiting for next milestone, which is “SMP”. Then next milestone will come in February 2011 which is “3 year time from date of lodgment” and third mile stone would be “December 2012”:arghh:

I don’t know how long I will have to count milestone. :no:

I hope best for all

Guest tabatha
Hi

Not sure if anyone has seen the post made by dragsterwish "WA State Sponsorship Website is being updated! 8 July 2010"

He has found a list for WA SMP priority list... i found it helpful as OH is a general electrician and this says he will be a top priority so has made us feel better but I am fully aware how things can change but as it has come direct from a WA government site I feel it is worth holding out some hope this list rings true.

Sorry if this has already been mention..... below is the post from Dragsterwish

I found the State Priority Occupation List!!!

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

:no::biggrin:

State priority occupation list

What is the State priority occupation list?

The State priority occupation list is an annually produced list of jobs that are in high demand or considered industry-critical in Western Australia.

Why do we have a State priority occupation list?

The list will inform Western Australian workforce development planning, the skilled migration occupation list and the development of the State Training Plan, which guides the funding of training programs.

Who produces the list?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development produces the list in consultation with key stakeholders including the State’s ten Training Councils.

How is the list produced?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development conducts extensive economic and labour market research and analysis at an industry and occupational level to determine the State’s priority occupations. This work is supplemented by intelligence provided by industry, facilitated through the State Training Board’s Training Council network.

Training Councils provide strategic advice on occupations considered to be experiencing skill shortages or are critical to their industry, based on research and consultation with industry.

The Department also undertakes an analysis of professional occupations, requiring higher education qualifications, to determine the high demand occupations.

The occupations are compiled into a list, which is cross-referenced against a number of skill shortages and migration-related lists, including the:

• Western Australian occupations in demand list;

• Australian Government skilled occupation list;

• Australian Government State and Territory skilled occupation list; and

• Commonwealth Department of Education, Employment and Workforce Relations (DEEWR) skill shortages list.

The complete list is then validated and assessed by the Department, in consultation with each Training Council, against a series of indicators. These indicators include:

• current and forecast levels of employment growth within the specified occupations;

• average weekly earnings and wages growth;

• average age of existing employees across the occupation in Western Australia;

• the level of turnover of staff within the occupation; and

• current levels of training supply.

Based on the analysis of the above indicators, occupations with both vocational and higher education qualifications are categorised by the Department and Training Councils on a consensus basis as a Top Priority, High Priority or Priority occupation.

The list is presented with the official occupation title in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations code used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

What are Top Priority, High Priority and Priority occupations?

Top Priority occupations are characterised by a combination of one or more of the following factors:

• very large levels of employment;

• high forecast growth and evident wage pressures;

• high levels of skill;

• longer education or training lead times;

• clear education and training pathways; and/or

• a clear and evident skills shortage.

High Priority occupations are characterised by:

• notable levels of employment;

• medium levels of skill;

• average training lead times;

• clear training pathways; and/or

• emerging evident skills or labour shortages or industry-related issues related to workforce development.

Priority occupations are characterised by:

• generally smaller employment sizes;

• low or negative employment growth;

• lower required levels of skill and training requirements; and/or

• evident non-training related industry issues which are contributing to labour shortages.

Where is the list available?

You can download the list here. (click below link instead)

(http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/dtwd/detcm...tem-id-9702004

So if your top priority on the list..Is that a ray of light at the end of the tunnel...:biggrin:

Guest Miajohnson

They are processing CSL applications in May, 2010 now. If these cases had been finished, would it be any chances to process Cat. 5, since there is not new priority direction at the moment.

So if your top priority on the list..Is that a ray of light at the end of the tunnel...:biggrin:

Hi Tabatha

That list is not actually the SMP, so don't get too excited just yet!

Its obviously very good if you are top, but don't forget the Minister has to sign off the SMP before it gets released and if he is unhappy about an occupation on the list he obviously has the power to have it removed...

I hope I am not sounding too negative about it all, I just don't want you to get too excited to then be let down by this system once again... Just hang fire until the actual SMP is released.

Tash x

They are processing CSL applications in May, 2010 now. If these cases had been finished, would it be any chances to process Cat. 5, since there is not new priority direction at the moment.

Hi Mia

This is exactly what I am hoping for!

However, I have not seen any new CO's assigned since the new immigration year started. It appears to me that the only visas granted this year have been to applicants who had a CO before July...

Please someone correct me if I am wrong!!!

----------------------------------------------

I would love to know what they are up to!

Best wishes everyone

Tasha x:wubclub:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, I wondered the same thing, was just hoping because there is no movement that perhaps behind the scenes they may be getting ready with a large batch of cat 5's just to be proccessed, or is this me just being opptomistic or stupid again:biglaugh:Lesley

Hi Tasha, I wondered the same thing, was just hoping because there is no movement that perhaps behind the scenes they may be getting ready with a large batch of cat 5's just to be proccessed, or is this me just being opptomistic or stupid again:biglaugh:Lesley

I like your thinking Lesley. there must be hardly any CSL left now, so it could be us next. I think they will start to look at applications with SS, but thats just my opinion.

Cheers,

John:hug:

Optimistic? Stupid? :laugh: Only DIAC can answer this for you!!!:laugh:

:hug:

Guest bindog1uk
Its a real shame that no-one wanted to take on my 'cat 1-4 CSL' thread, as this would give you a pretty good idea of where the CSL applications are at...:yes:

The thread isnt closed....So if anyone does want to take it on, just let me know....:wink:

Hi Kelly, would love to but we're cat 5:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi Kelly, would love to but we're cat 5:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Kelly was a Cat 5 peep too:laugh:, she created the thread once the CSL priority processing was established so that the Cat 5 people could see how quickly the CSL were being processed.

For a while now she has tried to find another person to take it on, but, unfortunately, no-one on the CSL thread wants to take it on either, so it looks like it will just get left and not updated.

Poor Kelly has had her visa for a while now and am not surprised she wants to hand it over to someone else! Its hard work keeping these threads uptodate on a regular basis.

You have done a good job Kelly, but there is no way I am volunteering for another thread:twitcy:. Well done for keeping it going for this long :notworthy:.

Why don't you ask one more time on the CSL thread to see if anyone will take it on. Perhaps explain that it will only really be a case of creating a new thread and copy and paste the first post into the new thread and just update once the CSL get their visa. I don't think there will be many more CSL joining the list now with all the changes as I think its just a case of them getting their visa grants now. Still it would be interesting to know when they are all granted on your list. (I am still not offering though...LOL!)

Cheers

Tasha x

Thanks Tasha....:cute:

I am just online to update the '1-4 CSL' thread now.....Because it really is a help to those waiting & although im not waiting (thankfully) I feel for those that are....:yes:

BUT any offers to take it on would be gratefully recieved :wink:

Heres the link:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now.html

Hi Kelly, would love to but we're cat 5:biglaugh:

Kelly was a Cat 5 peep too:laugh:, she created the thread once the CSL priority processing was established so that the Cat 5 people could see how quickly the CSL were being processed.

Would you still LOVE to 'Bindog1uk'?.....:unsure::laugh::wink:

Guest bindog1uk
Would you still LOVE to 'Bindog1uk'?.....:unsure::laugh::wink:

Hi Kelly utmost respect to you and Tasha for running your threads, it's way above my head, i'm just a simple minded person with VERY limited computer skills:unsure::wink:Lesley

Check out this thread Guys....:wideeyed:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/western-australia/90547-wa-non-csl-176-state-sponsored.html#post809047

Im excited by it....Are you? :jiggy:

Thanks for highlighting this to us Kelly... YES another Cat 5 has been given their visa! Fantastic news.

I am just trying to find out some more info about them and asked them to share their timeline with us on here.

Lets hope this is the start of the visa grants again hey!

Cheers

Tasha :wubclub:

Archived