176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk
Good luck at getting through Lesley

I'd be very interested in SS are currently considered Cat 2 - it did not seem to read that way on the FAQs - now that I have taken it all out on the carpets maybe I should read the FAQs again.

VickyMel

Hi VickyMel, I thought we would be 3 or 4 so I was shocked when he said 2, but I did ask him again and he said yes, maybe he read it wrong, but said that until the SMP is out, that is what it was. I don't hold out much hope for us at the moment and there seems to be very little movement on the visa front, just hope they get on with a lot of proccessing in the next few weeks, makes you wonder what was the point of applying for State Sponsership if it didn't mean anything anyway and your stuck at the bottom of the heap:arghh:Lesley

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel
Hi VickyMel, I thought we would be 3 or 4 so I was shocked when he said 2, but I did ask him again and he said yes, maybe he read it wrong, but said that until the SMP is out, that is what it was. I don't hold out much hope for us at the moment and there seems to be very little movement on the visa front, just hope they get on with a lot of proccessing in the next few weeks, makes you wonder what was the point of applying for State Sponsership if it didn't mean anything anyway and your stuck at the bottom of the heap:arghh:Lesley

I hope that maybe they made this announcement now because they were ready to start processing more applications again and wanted to state where they were coming from at the start before they started. I hope this means people will start hearing from DIAC very soon.

I really do hope that the states can get as many of the old SS applicants through - because otherwise it was a waste of both our time and energy as well as theirs - lets hope they fight for us.

Vicky

Guest leebaker3
Hi all , have just got of the phone from our agent who told me that at the moment State Sponsered are cat2 temporarily until the SMP's are out. I asked about tradies for Queensland and he didn't seem to hold out much hope for us that we would be on QLD SMP, but thought that they would be on Western Australia. So really for us if we don't get our visa's before SMP is implemented, we could well go to the bottom of the pile:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:Lesley

I need to re-read the immi website because I didn't pick up on that one but I hope this is the case

Guest VickyMel

Alan (pretty please :biggrin:) I see you are viewing this thread at the moment. Just wondering if you might have heard any rumour that SS are being processed as SMP at the moment - or was that maybe people who had SS & SOL?

Thanks

VickyMel

Guest bindog1uk
I hope that maybe they made this announcement now because they were ready to start processing more applications again and wanted to state where they were coming from at the start before they started. I hope this means people will start hearing from DIAC very soon.

I really do hope that the states can get as many of the old SS applicants through - because otherwise it was a waste of both our time and energy as well as theirs - lets hope they fight for us.

Vicky

I am really hoping that they feel that DIAC owe it to those people who have fought long and hard for a visa, to at least give us a window before they implement the SMP, to clear some of the backlog caused by them, they nead to clear this mess up first before they cause another:yes:

Here's hoping they clear all State Sponsered up first:wink:Lesley

Hi All,

I think this only a rumour. If it is like that definitely it could have come in the FAQ. Anyways lets hope that DIAC will not make any new change in the coming months!!!

Now all the COs must be busy with closing files under process (including old CSL applications) and taking new sorted list of applications as per new priority list.

Sure, there might not be any ENS pending applications and SMP not implementted as well. So from 2marrow onwards Schedule 3 applications (as per lodgement date) will start getting COs!!!

So all 2008 applicants who are in Schedule 3 list ...... get ready..... COs are on the way..... till yesterday you were nothing!!! Tomorrow onwards you are the king........

Our application date is Sep 09 with SA SS.... Obviously we have to wait another 1 year.... by that time time another change........I wish not....

Satish

Guest rhodieboy
Hi Rhodieboy

Fantastic news... congratulations on your 475 visa grant!!!

I am happy to turn you red red red!!!

NAME: Rhodieboy

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 475 VISA APPLICATION: 00/02/09

DATE SS GRANTED: 00/01/09

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: SA

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: AUG 09

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O: July 09

VISA GRANTED: 19/07/10

I see you had a CO back in July before the September changes... I have a couple of questions for you, if you dont mind!:biggrin:

1) Did you know you had a CO reallocated to you after the September changes?

2) Did they contact you for any further documents?

Once again, well done and thanks for letting us know!

I hope you have a fab life down under!

Best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

1) Yes after chasing them multiple times.

2) Yes but only because my Agent who I fired had screwed up and my new agent sent in the amened forms

Guest Wannabeoz

Wow, and the goalposts move again!

I for one am not spending any more money or reapplying for anything, I've had enough and they've had enough of my hard earned money!

Leapfrogged again... oh how I wish I'd never bothered.

Have just come in from work and things have happened, so I need help, which cat does OH now fall into with S.S. on the sol, thought we had to wait for SMP or has this now changed. He is a Fiberous plasterer QLD S.S.Many Thanks, Lesley

Hi Lesley

We both fall into the same category now, which from what I understand is Priority 3.

The question we are now waiting for is; Will Priority 3 be part of priority processing or will it just be Priority 1 & 2??? I have a feeling we will not be that prioritised... I am still hoping for us that they dont get the SMP out just yet to give us a chance to get somewhere in this very long, never ending queue!

I need help as well. We have WA SS. Are we 3 or 4. He is on new SOL.

Yes, if you are on the new SOL, I believe you fall into No 3.

Help needed!

I applied in August 2009 for subclass 175 with ASCO code, which was transferred in February 2010 into subclass 176 after getting nomination from QLD. (I was category 5 till yet.)

My nominated occupation is on the Schedule 3 of the new SOL, but with ANZSCO code, and not with ASCO code.

Should it be a problem? Should I do something to transfer the ASCO code inte ANZSCO code? What are transitional arrangements?

Or am I now automatically in group 3?

Hi Hori

The way I read it is we fall into Cat 3 and you dont have to do anything about the ASCO code as DIAC should be aware of the change over when they get to our applications.

However, I am not sure what they mean by transitional arrangement either??? I wonder if someone else can give their opinion on this.

Hi Tasha,

could you please help me?

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at

1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency

in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will

receive processing under priority group 2.

Taking the above in consideration, I would like to know what exactly I should do.

I am an environmental Engineer. I have a SS from NSW for being an engineer with experience in Environmental field.

My occpuation is on the new SOL, but I would have to have my skills assessed againd, since ti doesn´t convert automatically in my case.

But, NSW has released a new sponsorign list (which might become the SMP), and they still require engineers in the environmental field (my case). They don´t specify the type of engineering, just engineers, which is my case.

Let´s suppose the NSW actual ista ebcomes the SMP.

What happens to me? Will I be in Cat 2, or do I have to have my skills assessed again?

Don´t know if I made my self clear....reallly confused right now.

Carolina

Hi Caz

TBH... I have not got a clue hun, I really dont know where you would stand with this. You really do need some professional help. Sorry x

:confused:

Now that the new priority process has come out, do you still want me to continue with this thread? I suppose it is possible to re-jig it and change the priorities of people - what do you all think?

Please let me have your suggestions.

Thanks

Guest bindog1uk
:confused:

Now that the new priority process has come out, do you still want me to continue with this thread? I suppose it is possible to re-jig it and change the priorities of people - what do you all think?

Please let me have your suggestions.

Thanks

Hi Tasha, it's a lot of work for you to take on, but you get my vote. Cheers :wink: Lesley

I suppose there will be a lot of new people joining Cat 3 who were previously in Cat 6/7 so it is possible a new thread should be started.

Not sure if I would want to start a new thread from scratch so, if there is anyone out there that wants to take over... do stand up and show yourself! :biggrin:

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

:wubclub:

Guest VickyMel

You also have my vote Tasha - it may take a while for it all to eeck out where we are all heading.

Plus as you mention we do not know whether the SOL will be a 'priority' and start getting COs immediately (hope it does) - but I'd be keen to see this thread continue until some people start getting COs.

I for one (even though I am in Cat 4 as of today) am keen to hear people that I know and have followed start hearing about COs.

If they don't start processing (surely they will otherwise why announce the new priorities) then we will still be together until the SMPs.

Even if that is a while off there may be a getting together again of ex-Cat 5s in the new Cat 2s??

I'm rambling - but my answer is yes please do continue at least until it settles and we see where we are all going

VickyMel

It seems as though this thread may be dead in the water now, it may get confusing seeing as we would have people who are on the new sol, those who are not on the new sol, those who have/have not got SS/SMP etc .:wacko:

How much work would be involved in you starting a new thread to include cats 2 3 and 4, transferring all the details of applicants you have here, and then getting everybody who wants to join from the other old categories? Too many people maybe to keep track of? I don't know just a suggestion, it would be good to see how quickly they are getting through applications now though.

There may be confusion as to which category people think they belong to which may cause some hiccups and lots of work.

Im sure your up to the job though Tasha, you've kept this thread really well, and I love the way you have colour coded everything :wubclub:

Guest smithys

I agree, this thread has been so well run that it'll be a loss. But I do understand how difficult it might be to keep everyone together as we all all start to seperate under different Cats.

I would still very much like to be part of the 'family' and agree maybe it would be good to hold on to it for at least a little while until everyone is clear where they are.

Whatever happens, let's hope we start seeing some good news for EVERYONE.

Rose xx :wubclub:

Another thought, don't know what you think VickyMel, but I have noticed what a good job you've been doing with the weekly updates about visa grants on this thread! :wubclub:

Maybe we could have 2 new threads, a cat 3 that Tasha runs, and a cat 4 that you run? (Hope you don't mind me volunteering you LOL) same format as this one, colour coded etc.

As and when cat 2 arrives on the scene maybe somebody else could volunteer to run that one, (someone who is actually cat 2 and has an interest),

Don't know LOL, just more ramblings and suggestions from someone who's brain feels like its been in the tumble dryer for the past 4 hours!!!! :goofy::goofy:

OK... well perhaps I shall continue with this thread for now as there will be lots of people who will move from the old Cat 5 to the new Cat 3 or 4 and then maybe into Cat 2...

So for now, as we are not all 100% sure where we fall, I will continue with this thread and perhaps re think what to do when the SMP have been released.

Thanks to all of you who commented, it was nice to hear that you like this thread and that it is useful to you.

:hug: Tasha x

p.s; thanks Vicky for clicking my chick x

Guest bindog1uk
OK... well perhaps I shall continue with this thread for now as there will be lots of people who will move from the old Cat 5 to the new Cat 3 or 4 and then maybe into Cat 2...

So for now, as we are not all 100% sure where we fall, I will continue with this thread and perhaps re think what to do when the SMP have been released.

Thanks to all of you who commented, it was nice to hear that you like this thread and that it is useful to you.

Hi Tasha, wouldn't be the same without you:hug::hug:

and of course VickyMel for back up:notworthy:Lesley

I agree, probably worthwhile holding off making new threads until the SMP's are in place, as I imagine there will be lots of movement across categories which will just mean extra work removing/adding people etc. When people know for sure where they stand category wise then it might be a good idea to start some new threads.

Here's hoping the SMP's will be released sooner rather than later:radar:

Guest VickyMel

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

thanks Tasha x

PS - I can never click your chick as often as I would like to - really appreciate the thread and everyone on here!

Hi Tasha,

I have to now wait to see whats on the SMP and if i am on that then i go to 2 if not then i am 4 and its all over so now i am waiting for the SMP and hopeing again lol

Hi Tasha,

I have to now wait to see whats on the SMP and if i am on that then i go to 2 if not then i am 4 and its all over so now i am waiting for the SMP and hopeing again lol

I know you have been waiting ages now Tania, and should have had your visa a long long time ago... Its just so unfair for any Cat 5 person to be passed over the the new Cat 4 group.

I really hope your trade is on the SMP and you zoom up to Cat 2! I have my fingers crossed for you x:hug:

Guest VickyMel

Thanks for suggesting me libbysmum :hug:

I ran a thread for a while - still do I suppose its just that its not active with all the changes - and whilst it is fun unfortunately I don't want to commit at the moment as I'm doing some work for a friend and not sure how busy I will get.

However, anyone out there thinking about starting a thread it really is fun and you really get to know loads of people.

Plus when I started the VIC SS thread I was pretty much as a novice to PIO (I don't think I had even worked out how to do my signature at the time) however Tasha and Kelly (Cartertucker) gave me LOADS of tips support and advice - so do consider doing one if you are interested. You can chat with any of us if you have any worries about what to do.

You really just need to check in everyday or so and update (Edit) the front page with anything that has happened on the thread.

You may even be allowed to go on holiday once and a while - although you may get some complaints :laugh:

But seriously it is pretty easy once you get into it (just don't ask Taz about editing long pages :arghh:)

I think that a Cat 4 thread may be a bit long and not move very fast and it is hard to keep people updating on how they are getting on when you are looking at most likely 3 years...

It is the Cat 3 and Cat 2 threads that will be interesting to watch as they will give us all a clue of what is happening as that is where the main movement will be...

VickyMel

I know you have been waiting ages now Tania, and should have had your visa a long long time ago... Its just so unfair for any Cat 5 person to be passed over the the new Cat 4 group.

I really hope your trade is on the SMP and you zoom up to Cat 2! I have my fingers crossed for you x:hug:

Hi Tasha,

My agent confirmed what i have already said so now i need to wait again!! but i dont hold much hope.

Hi Tania,

The new processing priorities have now been broken down into 4 levels:

1. ENS/ RSMS

2. Application with occupation on a State Migration Plan

3. Application with occupation on Sch 3 SOL

4. All other applications.

You are right that if your occupation is not on the State Migration Plan for the state you have been currently sponsored by you will remain in the 4th group and we do not know how long it will take for a visa to be processed. But if your occupation is on the SMP of the state who has already sponsored you you will be moved up to level 2.

So the new announcement doesn't help us too much until the State Migration Plans are announced. I will let you know as soon as I hear about that.

Archived