176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Am I getting ahead of myself? I am thinking this could be good news for Cat 5 peeps at the moment. Especially if the SMP are delayed a little longer!

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. Applicants who have nominated an occupation that is included in Schedule 3 of the current SOL are in priority processing group 3. An applicant with a nominated occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL is in priority processing group 4.

Although I am aware that there will be some people who are no longer on the new SOL. (I hope there are not too many of you!) I really hope that you will be on the SMP when they come out, and if not you might want to try and see if your state will sponsor you from the Off List Nominations!?

:hug:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest leebaker3

Personally this is bad news for me, last year I was priorty 2, then priorty 5, now bottom of the pile....., I'm not on the new SOL and QLD removed my occupation from there list last year after I got sponsorship when they last updated it.

I'm happy for alot of people as this will improve there situtaion but for me it really does look like a further 3yrs, maybe longer! God knows what changes they might make in the months and years to come.

Guest smithys

Hi Taz,

I think and hope you may be right - it could be good news??!!

As no SMP'S yet available, could it not mean that now they will process those like us (Solid Plasterers) who are on schedule 3 (I think thats right!) ???

God I hope so, could be great for a lot of us.

Hopefully those not on the schedule will be either on SMP or 'off list' as the States did sponsor them in the first place??

Good luck guys, could be the first bit of good news we've had for a while - here's hoping.

Still not clear though!, is it ever????? :frown:

Fingers crossed people xxxxxxxx

Guest thescore

no good:cry: I'm not on the new SOL unless they take my ASCO2129-79(environmental engineer) into ANZSCO233915 environmental engineer rather than ANZSCO233999 engineering professionals nec.

Personally this is bad news for me, last year I was priorty 2, then priorty 5, now bottom of the pile....., I'm not on the new SOL and QLD removed my occupation from there list last year after I got sponsorship when they last updated it.

I'm happy for alot of people as this will improve there situtaion but for me it really does look like a further 3yrs, maybe longer! God knows what changes they might make in the months and years to come.

Oh no Lee this is just awful, and it is not right! I do feel that they should make allowances for those who had already applied and been sponsored by a state.

Why dont you contact QLD and ask if they will give you an "off list" nomination? I thought IT was in demand at least. Don't leave it long though as many others may also try this. Ring them and see what they say/suggest!

Dont give up yet, you have spent too much time and money to give up now! Perhaps you will be on one of the other SMP (I know its not what you planned moving to another state, but could be the only way forward for you!)

I am really sorry and hope you sort something out soon, let me know what you decide to do.

Tasha :hug:

Guest rupani

Hi,

I am very sorry for you, but I hope you can try as offlist nomination.

Best regards

no good:cry: I'm not on the new SOL unless they take my ASCO2129-79(environmental engineer) into ANZSCO233915 environmental engineer rather than ANZSCO233999 engineering professionals nec.

I just dont know what to say, this is just terrible now seeing people who are not on the SOL. They make us all jump through hoops and keep knocking people back. It is just terrible.

All I can suggest is you ring your states and see what they can do for you. Perhaps you will be on the SMP?

Keep us informed as to what you do.

Guest leebaker3
Oh no Lee this is just awful, and it is not right! I do feel that they should make allowances for those who had already applied and been sponsored by a state.

Why dont you contact QLD and ask if they will give you an "off list" nomination? I thought IT was in demand at least. Don't leave it long though as many others may also try this. Ring them and see what they say/suggest!

Dont give up yet, you have spent too much time and money to give up now! Perhaps you will be on one of the other SMP (I know its not what you planned moving to another state, but could be the only way forward for you!)

I am really sorry and hope you sort something out soon, let me know what you decide to do.

Tasha :hug:

Thanks Tasha, yep IT is in demand but with all the changes recently it has left me in limbo. Unfortunately ACS skills assessments are only valid for a year so I would need to be re-assessed before I could apply to another state, I’m not giving up but I do think it’s time to take a break from the migration process and get on with our lives.

We’ve put of starting a family, we’ve sold our house because we believed last year we would be there before Xmas 2009, and I’ve continued doing a job I don’t like for 2 years longer than I like because I wanted to maintain a positive reference. The last one I shouldn’t complain about because lots of people have lost jobs over the last couple of years due to the recession.

Think it’s time to consider ENS, I asked my agent last week what would happen to my GSM application if I got an employed sponsored visa, I wanted to make sure I it wouldn’t get cancelled or anything. Thankfully the GSM application would carry on unaffected as long as I keep the DIAC informed of what I am doing. I’ve considered taking a month of work and going to Oz and staying with friends to see if I can get a job or speaking to Jamie at HireAMigrant to see what he can do for me.

Guest VickyMel
I can't believe it after all this time and all the hassle I have finally got my Visa!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Congratulations Rhodieboy brilliant news.

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Am I getting ahead of myself? I am thinking this could be good news for Cat 5 peeps at the moment. Especially if the SMP are delayed a little longer!

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. Applicants who have nominated an occupation that is included in Schedule 3 of the current SOL are in priority processing group 3. An applicant with a nominated occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL is in priority processing group 4.

Although I am aware that there will be some people who are no longer on the new SOL. (I hope there are not too many of you!) I really hope that you will be on the SMP when they come out, and if not you might want to try and see if your state will sponsor you from the Off List Nominations!?

Hi

I think it is good news for Cat 5 people who are on the new SOL list, esp while the SMPs are not yet out.

I imagine that once the SMPs are out they will be the priority and the SOL list will be like the old Cat 5 list and move only when there is nothing piling up on the SMP list.

Looking at the new priorities there are only 4 categories and I imagine like currently unless they have vastly reduced the number of applicants (and I imagine SMPs and SOLs will continue to fill up the spaces) I see little chance that they will move for a long time.

Under the arrangements, processing priorities (with the highest priority listed first) are:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated

occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s state migration plan.

3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) –

Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.

4. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

Unfortunately for the moment I have been plopped down (I feel like a piece of poo:biglaugh: ) to Cat 4 and I really can't see OHs occupation being on the SMP (we will try for a off-list) but it is looking increasingly likely that I will be here on PIO forever or until we are capped and ceased!

Oh well fingers crossed for the SMP list as and when it happens ...

:wink: Just for John who is into the positive !! On the positive side of things Cat 4 is a much more user friendly way of doing things if all applicants will be processed in date order as it suggests - it should be good news for people currently in Cats 6+.

Just a bit miserable for myself that it means we go to pretty much the bottom of the pile again.

Oh well we had almost given up anyway - doesn't hurt as much as the 23rd Sept when I was getting ready for the imminent move.

Congrats to all of you on the SOL I hope you get through before anything else changes - and hopefully even if you don't you will be on the SMPs.

Good luck to the rest of us that we are on the SMP list and can shunt forward again (and hopefully stay there long enough to get through). I hope that SMP list comes out soon guys.

Personally this is bad news for me, last year I was priorty 2, then priorty 5, now bottom of the pile....., I'm not on the new SOL and QLD removed my occupation from there list last year after I got sponsorship when they last updated it...

...I’ve considered taking a month of work and going to Oz and staying with friends to see if I can get a job or speaking to Jamie at HireAMigrant to see what he can do for me.

I'm also with you Lee and thescore.

Also 2 then 5 - now 4 which is lower than 5!

Unfortunately I think there will be a few of us.

Q14

My application is in priority category 4. When can I expect to have my application finalised?

Applicants with nominated occupations in priority group 4 will have a long wait for visa processing. The

department’s Client Service Charter will be updated shortly with information about current estimated

processing times.

See: Visas for Migrating to Australia as a Skilled Person (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/clientservices-

charter/visas/8.0.htm)

Unfortunately the web site does not seem to work so who knows what a long wait is?

Good luck with the job hunting Lee. May try taking a trip myself after the results of the SMP (Aggghhhh now I am waiting for that maybe I should just go anyway!)

Big hug to all who need it :hug: I'm off to take it out on the carpets with the hoover (working? from home this pm).

VickyMel

Guest rooperman

Not good news for me!!

Have been tryiong to be optimistic for the last couple of months as the changes seemed to have stemmed the tide of new applications and DIAC seemed to be working through the pile quite nicely. Was hoping that CSL would be out of the way and then moved on to cat 5s.

I am not on new schedule 3, am on 4 and am sponsored by NSW. It would seem unlikely that my profession will be on the new NSW SMP, and they don't accept off-list nominations.... so it looks like I am at the bottom of the pile with a very long wait to come!

This is the first time I am feeling down about the situation. If only DIAC could stick to the same method of processing for more than a few months it would enable us to have a clearer idea of how long it will take (if the visa grant ever happens).

Guest bindog1uk

Have just come in from work and things have happened, so I need help, which cat does OH now fall into with S.S. on the sol, thought we had to wait for SMP or has this now changed. He is a Fiberous plasterer QLD S.S.Many Thanks, Lesley

Guest JK2510
Have just come in from work and things have happened, so I need help, which cat does OH now fall into with S.S. on the sol, thought we had to wait for SMP or has this now changed. He is a Fiberous plasterer QLD S.S.Many Thanks, Lesley

I need help as well. We have WA SS. Are we 3 or 4. He is on new SOL.

Guest VickyMel

If you are on the NEW SOL I think you are on Cat 3 (and there is no Cat 2 at the moment) follow the links Taz gave earlier to the FAQs etc as it makes it all clear there.

It sounds as if Cat 5 no longer exists

If you are on the new (post 1st July 2010) SOL you are now Cat 3

If you are not you are in Cat 4

If you are on either of the above and your occupation is on the SMP it looks as if you will jump to Cat 2 as and when it happens (although there was some wording about people in Cat 4 needing to re-applying with a new application if they changed to SS I assume this does not include those of us already SS?)

VickyMel

Guest smithys

I think you are def Cat 3.

My OH is Solid Plasterer and think it's same as Fiberous (re SOL)

Good luck xx

Ironically, after all SS fuss, it seems our 175 is now same priority as our 176!!!!

Rose x:wubclub:

Guest smithys
I need help as well. We have WA SS. Are we 3 or 4. He is on new SOL.

If you are on new SOL (SCHEDULE 3)

You are now Cat 3!

Good luck x

Rose :wubclub:

Guest JK2510

You are now Cat 3!

Good luck x

We apllied last year before new sol. We are on the new SOL but is only applicable to new applicants may 2010! Were confused as to whether were cat 3 or 4??

You are now Cat 3!

Good luck x

Hi Rose

I think this is you !!!! Yippee. Send me a FB message, tell me what it means. How long now? We still waiting for WA SMP and interview with WA employer.

Jane xx:biglaugh:

Guest smithys
We apllied last year before new sol. We are on the new SOL but is only applicable to new applicants may 2010! Were confused as to whether were cat 3 or 4??

We applied before new SOL too but the main thing is that you are on it!!

Yo are now Cat 3 IMO. Hope I am correct but pretty sure that's right.

Rose x

Guest smithys
Hi Rose

I think this is you !!!! Yippee. Send me a FB message, tell me what it means. How long now? We still waiting for WA SMP and interview with WA employer.

Jane xx:biglaugh:

Hellooooo! :biggrin:

Wiil do. We are Cat 3 as of today I think!!!!

Rose xx

Guest HoriFTC

Help needed!

I applied in August 2009 for subclass 175 with ASCO code, which was transferred in February 2010 into subclass 176 after getting nomination from QLD. (I was category 5 till yet.)

My nominated occupation is on the Schedule 3 of the new SOL, but with ANZSCO code, and not with ASCO code.

Should it be a problem? Should I do something to transfer the ASCO code inte ANZSCO code? What are transitional arrangements?

Or am I now automatically in group 3?

Guest bindog1uk

Hi all , have just got of the phone from our agent who told me that at the moment State Sponsered are cat2 temporarily until the SMP's are out. I asked about tradies for Queensland and he didn't seem to hold out much hope for us that we would be on QLD SMP, but thought that they would be on Western Australia. So really for us if we don't get our visa's before SMP is implemented, we could well go to the bottom of the pile:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:Lesley

Hi Tasha,

could you please help me?

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at

1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency

in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will

receive processing under priority group 2.

Taking the above in consideration, I would like to know what exactly I should do.

I am an environmental Engineer. I have a SS from NSW for being an engineer with experience in Environmental field.

My occpuation is on the new SOL, but I would have to have my skills assessed againd, since ti doesn´t convert automatically in my case.

But, NSW has released a new sponsorign list (which might become the SMP), and they still require engineers in the environmental field (my case). They don´t specify the type of engineering, just engineers, which is my case.

Let´s suppose the NSW actual ista ebcomes the SMP.

What happens to me? Will I be in Cat 2, or do I have to have my skills assessed again?

Don´t know if I made my self clear....reallly confused right now.

Carolina

Guest VickyMel
Hi all , have just got of the phone from our agent who told me that at the moment State Sponsered are cat2 temporarily until the SMP's are out. I asked about tradies for Queensland and he didn't seem to hold out much hope for us that we would be on QLD SMP, but thought that they would be on Western Australia. So really for us if we don't get our visa's before SMP is implemented, we could well go to the bottom of the pile:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:Lesley

Good luck at getting through Lesley

Thanks for this - interesting. I'd be very interested in SS are currently considered Cat 2 - it did not seem to read that way on the FAQs - now that I have taken it all out on the carpets maybe I should read the FAQs again.

Even still I think they would need to delay the SMPs quite a while for me to get to the top of the pile and I would hate to be told to get the Meds etc and then not get through in time.

VickyMel

Archived