ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:YES

VISA GRANTED: 14/07/10

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gilbert
Hi Aslan,

Thanks for this if this is what Diac are saying is true then i would be happy:smile: as it will be 2 years this Nov for me fingers crossed.:skeptical:

ohh gre8 that means i have already past my 2 years...:biggrin:

regards

gilbert

Guest gilbert
Hellooo.... every one,

I have spent 2 years and 5 months in Australia Migration System.

Yet not hear any things.

Now waiting for next milestone, which is “SMP”. Then next milestone will come in February 2011 which is “3 year time from date of lodgment” and third mile stone would be “December 2012”:arghh:

I don’t know how long I will have to count milestone. :no:

I hope best for all

Pinal

same case here i have allready spent 2 years 5 months and still waiting when my CO will come and process my file...

m only looking milestone and milestone nothing els...:wideeyed:

When will our turn come...:smile:

Really frustrate from Australian migration system..:arghh:

regards

gilbert

Guest woodwood24

Been in touch with WA today to tell them of change in circumstances with my agent going into liquidation at the beginning of the month but because I already have SS (dec.09) they said there is no need to have anymore contact with me.But what about SMP? I asked. They still said we do not need to have contact with you.So when I get my visa will you not want to contact me,I said .When you move to WA ,yonu need to contact us, they said. She was a little rude but straight to the point,I think she felt I was a drain of her time. But she did say I should speak only to DIAC from now on about SMP or any other visa isues.So I phoned DIAC at first to see if they have received my change in circumstances forms. And then I asked about processing times , they said in the next 2-3 weeks the update on processing will be on DIAC site. I then asked all about SMP and all he could say was that DIAC already are finalising WA SMP. I then asked what are my chances on being on them and he said with me already having SS its buts me in good stead.

Just thought I'd let you see a response I recevied from Tasmanian SS which has made me relax a little again.

Question:

I have another question I hope you might be able to answer. If my trade happens to be on Tasmania's list of SMP's ( and is it?) would it be automatically transfered across or would I have to re-apply to join this list? Any info regarding this would be very much appreciated and thankyou in advance for taking the time to reply.

Reply:

The Tasmanian State Migration Plan has not yet been finalised so we are unable to speculate on this. The State Migration Plan does not affect you, as you have already lodged your visa application with DIAC. You have been sponsored by the Tasmanian State Government and this sponsorship will remain in place, you do not need to re-apply. I hope this information helps you.

this is fantastic news !! i wonder if it will be like that for the state of victoria ? my husband got his ss last nov .09!! we are on count down for the 1st august when victoria release this new list.. WA have and my husbands job as TP !! Fingers and toes are crossed ..lol

NAME: [lp1664]

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION:18/11/08

DATE SS APPLIED: 4/4/09 GRANTED: 14/8/09

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE:W/A

DATE MEDS & PC'S: 21/10/09 REQUESTED by CO

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:YES

VISA GRANTED: 14/07/10

Hi LP1664

Thank you for joining us on this thread and sharing your timeline... and congratulations once again!

I see you already had a CO, which is what I had suspected...

It does seem that the visas being granted at the moment are for people who already had a CO before July. I do hope that some CO's are allocated to Cat 5 peeps soon, as that will show us that they are still actually processing the Cat 5 group!

Been in touch with WA today to tell them of change in circumstances with my agent going into liquidation at the beginning of the month but because I already have SS (dec.09) they said there is no need to have anymore contact with me.But what about SMP? I asked. They still said we do not need to have contact with you.So when I get my visa will you not want to contact me,I said .When you move to WA ,yonu need to contact us, they said. She was a little rude but straight to the point,I think she felt I was a drain of her time. But she did say I should speak only to DIAC from now on about SMP or any other visa isues.So I phoned DIAC at first to see if they have received my change in circumstances forms. And then I asked about processing times , they said in the next 2-3 weeks the update on processing will be on DIAC site. I then asked all about SMP and all he could say was that DIAC already are finalising WA SMP. I then asked what are my chances on being on them and he said with me already having SS its buts me in good stead.

Hi Woodwood

Thank you for sharing your conversation with WA.

I am not surprised the states are getting a bit short with people who are phoning them about the SMP. I think one of the biggest questions on all of our minds (Cat 5 peeps) is will our SS be treated in the same manor as the SMP or are we going to have to reapply again and where do we fall if not on their SMP?!... They must be answering the same questions day in day out! Surely they could see this question popping up, considering how many people secured SS before the new SMP was introduced! You would think they would answer this question on their websites to stop the constant calls to their departments.

For me, I have this horrible feeling that there is going to be some sort of issue with SS and where they will fall into the SMP and priority list, hence all the secrecy and none committal answers!

Not really sure what the issue will be yet, only time will tell! I have racked my brains as to how all this could work out for us and still come up with the same answer, which is ...

that we would fall into the priority processing after the ENS, and after the SMP but before the SOL!

Just thought I'd let you see a response I recevied from Tasmanian SS which has made me relax a little again.

Question:

I have another question I hope you might be able to answer. If my trade happens to be on Tasmania's list of SMP's ( and is it?) would it be automatically transfered across or would I have to re-apply to join this list? Any info regarding this would be very much appreciated and thankyou in advance for taking the time to reply.

Reply:

The Tasmanian State Migration Plan has not yet been finalised so we are unable to speculate on this. The State Migration Plan does not affect you, as you have already lodged your visa application with DIAC. You have been sponsored by the Tasmanian State Government and this sponsorship will remain in place, you do not need to re-apply. I hope this information helps you.

Hi Crispysince70

Thanks for sharing your comments from Tasmania, but again they are still a little non committal. I guess its all to do with the priority processing list which the DIAC will bring out sooner or later.

Although I am sounding a little negative tonight, I do feel that the Cat 5 peeps will get a good result in the end!!! :cute:

Guest spurious

I think that the SMP's are going 2 act like the CSL does at the moment. In other words, if an existing SS holder has their job on the same state's SMP list, they will get the same level of priority. The group I'm worried 4 are the ones who are not on the new list for the state they have sponsorship from. I think they mite not get the same level of priority. They will probably be above standard SOL applications but probably below SS holders on the SMP list.

Pure speculation of course, at this point.

I think that the SMP's are going 2 act like the CSL does at the moment. In other words, if an existing SS holder has their job on the same state's SMP list, they will get the same level of priority. The group I'm worried 4 are the ones who are not on the new list for the state they have sponsorship from. I think they mite not get the same level of priority. They will probably be above standard SOL applications but probably below SS holders on the SMP list.

Pure speculation of course, at this point.

Hi, yes I agree with you.

I reckon our application will fall into that same group you are talking about and these are my concerns too...

I just hope that they dont just process the SMP and leave everyone else hanging on! Why would they introduce a SOL if they dont bother processing anyone on it?!?!

Still too many questions unanswered!

Guest Wannabeoz
Hi, yes I agree with you.

I reckon our application will fall into that same group you are talking about and these are my concerns too...

I just hope that they dont just process the SMP and leave everyone else hanging on! Why would they introduce a SOL if they dont bother processing anyone on it?!?!

Still too many questions unanswered!

I think I'll be in the dreaded state sponsored but not on SMP list too... my occupation was closed by the ACT a few months back, so not very hopeful...

Guest Wannabeoz
What is your occupation ?

Public relations officer - I am really trying to remain hopeful but we've all had so many knockbacks... and I'm not a natural optimist!

Guest VickyMel

Hi Woodwood

Thank you for sharing your conversation with WA.

I am not surprised the states are getting a bit short with people who are phoning them about the SMP. I think one of the biggest questions on all of our minds (Cat 5 peeps) is will our SS be treated in the same manor as the SMP or are we going to have to reapply again and where do we fall if not on their SMP?!... They must be answering the same questions day in day out! Surely they could see this question popping up, considering how many people secured SS before the new SMP was introduced! You would think they would answer this question on their websites to stop the constant calls to their departments.

For me, I have this horrible feeling that there is going to be some sort of issue with SS and where they will fall into the SMP and priority list, hence all the secrecy and none committal answers!

Not really sure what the issue will be yet, only time will tell! I have racked my brains as to how all this could work out for us and still come up with the same answer, which is ...

that we would fall into the priority processing after the ENS, and after the SMP but before the SOL!

Hi Crispysince70

Thanks for sharing your comments from Tasmania, but again they are still a little non committal. I guess its all to do with the priority processing list which the DIAC will bring out sooner or later.

Although I am sounding a little negative tonight, I do feel that the Cat 5 peeps will get a good result in the end!!! :cute:

Come on Taz its not like you to be negative :biggrin: - I thought that was my role :laugh:

Yep I think that the states are being very non commital about what will happen to the people they have previously provided SS to (except maybe ACT who have said that they will be pushing that anyone they have given SS to they will try to honour that and get them onto the SMP list).

The others seem to be non commital.

I look longingly at VICs web site and it only discusses what will happen with people who have applied but not heard yet. It does not address previous applicants with SS but no Visas - and from experience we know VIC do not seem to know who has and who has not got their visas yet.

Hopefully we get to reapply or automatically get processed as SMP:nah: - if not I sincerely hope they slot old SS in after the SMPs and put a quota limit on the SMPs so that the rest of the people waiting get a look in. There we go :yes: I have got my negativeness in (I feel better) - you can all tut at me now :wink:

VickyMel

Public relations officer - I am really trying to remain hopeful but we've all had so many knockbacks... and I'm not a natural optimist!

I hope you are on the list too or they process the State Sponsored with equal importance or at least just after the SMP.

I just noticed on another thread a CSL applicant that applied on the day the offshore application's closed just got a CO, I'm hoping this is good news for all us cat 5's. Here's the link to the thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85675-gsm-175-176-475-last-minute-applicants-please-add-your-details-5.html#post809230

Maria.

Hi Tash, can you update our details.

Finally after a 16 week long wait we finally got our ACT SS email to grant our sponsorship.

Looks like today is gonna be a good day. It is OH's birthday, we both have the day off work and we are going for a scan at the hospital to meet our new little baby who's is due in Jan 2011.

Now we just need to work out how we switch from 176 family to 176 ss with DIAC so we can be officially Cat5 from family. Can anyone let me know how to do this? We lost our agent a few weeks back to liquidation so now going it alone.

Cheers

Claire

Congratulations Claire that's great news its a great feeling isn't it to be one step closer.:jiggy:

As far as changing over i had to send my TRN no to SA and they then sent form 1100 to DIAC on my behalf, but after that I'm not too sure as i haven't heard anything from DIAC yet i was going to ask today if anyone can tell me if DIAC will get in touch to tell me they have changed over my application ?

Big congratulations on your new bundle of joy, good luck with the scan.

Enjoy your day and the celebration's.

Maria.x

I just noticed on another thread a CSL applicant that applied on the day the offshore application's closed just got a CO, I'm hoping this is good news for all us cat 5's. Here's the link to the thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85675-gsm-175-176-475-last-minute-applicants-please-add-your-details-5.html#post809230

Maria.

Case Officer Assigned

We just got a case officer today 14th July for my wife's Visa application. CSL applied 7th May the day the door closed.

The above (from the other thread) seems good news for Cat 5 applicants!!! If all CSL applications are over... then DIAC have to start Cat 5 applications till implementation of SMP...

How many Cat 5 applications will be there. During Nov '09, it was something around 3000 plus. May be another 1000 moght have added... AM I right.... Say for 50 Case Officers.... it can be handled in a weeks time... atleast to begin the process.... Once processing started..... hope that they will not hold again..... But we can't trust them!!!

Anyways keeping fingers crossed!!!

Satish

Case Officer Assigned

We just got a case officer today 14th July for my wife's Visa application. CSL applied 7th May the day the door closed.

The above (from the other thread) seems good news for Cat 5 applicants!!! If all CSL applications are over... then DIAC have to start Cat 5 applications till implementation of SMP...

How many Cat 5 applications will be there. During Nov '09, it was something around 3000 plus. May be another 1000 moght have added... AM I right.... Say for 50 Case Officers.... it can be handled in a weeks time... atleast to begin the process.... Once processing started..... hope that they will not hold again..... But we can't trust them!!!

Satish

That's great news i hope it all goes smoothly for you. Best of luck and thanks for letting us all know.

Maria.x

Guest Miajohnson
Case Officer Assigned

Satish

Thank you Satish. I hope it will come true:laugh:

Congratulations Claire that's great news its a great feeling isn't it to be one step closer.:jiggy:

As far as changing over i had to send my TRN no to SA and they then sent form 1100 to DIAC on my behalf, but after that I'm not too sure as i haven't heard anything from DIAC yet i was going to ask today if anyone can tell me if DIAC will get in touch to tell me they have changed over my application ?

Maria.x

Thanks Maria. We have just emailed ACT our TRN number this morning so hopefully this will get the ball rolling with DIAC.

Claire

Guest VickyMel

Finally after a 16 week long wait we finally got our ACT SS email to grant our sponsorship.

Looks like today is gonna be a good day. It is OH's birthday, we both have the day off work and we are going for a scan at the hospital to meet our new little baby who's is due in Jan 2011.

Congrats on getting ACT sponsorship Claire! :jiggy:That is great news.

Perfect timing had a great day meeting your baby with the scan!

Vickymel

Now we just need to work out how we switch from 176 family to 176 ss with DIAC so we can be officially Cat5 from family. Can anyone let me know how to do this? We lost our agent a few weeks back to liquidation so now going it alone.

Cheers

Claire

Hi Claire

What a lovely day you are going to have today! Talk about things happening in three's!

Firstly, congratulations on the little bump in your tummy and good luck with the scan today. Also Happy Birthday to your OH and congrats on getting your SS finalised!!!:jiggy: You must be smiling from ear to ear today! Its not often people get so much good & nice news in one day!

I will make sure the front page is updated at some point with your details.

I can't advise you about switching your visa as we had an agent dealing with ours, but I think you have to inform the state of your TRN number and then they advice the DIAC of your SS.

Good luck xxx

Maria.x

Hi Maria

DIAC do not inform you that they have received the form. The only way to find this out is by sending a PLE.

Case Officer Assigned

Satish

Lets hope that this is true, the fact that they are uptodate with the CSL. However, I am sure somewhere I read that someone had contact DIAC and they were told that there were lots of CSL still in the system.

I think we have to stay grounded until the first Cat 5 peep gets a CO and then we truly know they are back to processing us!

Good luck everyone and have a nice day.

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived