176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk

I am very suprised that they let you know in an email, thought you would have had to wait for the official list to be announced, if this is so I might send one to Queensland. What is OH occupation and which State:wink: Lesley

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Debs38

I am very suprised that they let you know in an email, thought you would have had to wait for the official list to be announced, if this is so I might send one to Queensland. What is OH occupation and which State:wink: Lesley

Hi Lesley

He is a Carpenter and SS is from WA

Guest Rabby

Hi, this is my first letter for the pomsinoz.com. I found this is very helpful. Please anyone can help me about my problems. I am Rabby. I did IELTS in Sep. 27 2008. I got score which was required for the PR to AUS. After that I got Certificate III and my process went to TRA. I got TRA in 11 March 2009. After getting TRA my agent lodged for Visa in 15 May 2009. In June we did our medical but it has not been finalized. After that we are completely unknown about our process. My agent doesn’t give any updated news. They changed PR rule on 23th Sep. and postponed our process until 2012. Please what is happening about my process? I invested much money for this. I have nothing with me at the moment. My IELTS valued date also finishing out. What is latest news about my PR process? Please write me. I will be really grateful. Thank you.

Guest bebac30

Hi Debs,

is this reply from WA or on PLE?

I got reply from VIC my state but they haven`t said anything exept to follow update on their site.

Hi, this is my first letter for the pomsinoz.com. I found this is very helpful. Please anyone can help me about my problems. I am Rabby. I did IELTS in Sep. 27 2008. I got score which was required for the PR to AUS. After that I got Certificate III and my process went to TRA. I got TRA in 11 March 2009. After getting TRA my agent lodged for Visa in 15 May 2009. In June we did our medical but it has not been finalized. After that we are completely unknown about our process. My agent doesn’t give any updated news. They changed PR rule on 23th Sep. and postponed our process until 2012. Please what is happening about my process? I invested much money for this. I have nothing with me at the moment. My IELTS valued date also finishing out. What is latest news about my PR process? Please write me. I will be really grateful. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of uncertainty everywhere. Since your application is already in the system, your IELTS result is valid even after 2 years. What is your occupation ? Are you a CSL applicant or a state sponsored applicant or both ?

Guest Debs38
Hi Debs,

is this reply from WA or on PLE?

I got reply from VIC my state but they haven`t said anything exept to follow update on their site.

Hi

Its from DIAC, although i have also asked WA so im hoping to hear from them soon and will keep you all posted when i do. :smile:

Guest VickyMel
If they make us apply for ss again. I would appear to be completely screwed. I have been out in Australia waiting for my visa on and off for over a year. So that means my employment history will be that I have NOT been in employment for at least 12 out of the last 24 months. Also I have just about spent all my savings from selling my house in the UK, on renovating our new house in Wellington Point. So I won't have enough funds. Also my medicals and police checks are about to run out.

Next they will probably change the age limit.:mad:

Hopefully it will be semi-automatic and maybe you just have to notify them and your original application criteria etc will hold???

This is an absolute s**te situation - I wish I had considered how they were traeting people back in Sept last year when I could see others who had been top priority at one time and had been jicked in the teeth and knocked back to nothing. This rolling priority where you may be lucky if you apply for the new priority category as soon as it is announced is a pain in the arse - apply too late and you just pay your money and sit in a queue until you potentially are no longer wanted.

Oh well enough of my pessimism - I'm starting to feel like it is the 23.9.09 all over again and I have stupidly waited for all these months for nothing.

At least here is some good news for Cat 5

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89454-cat-5-2008-application-we-got-2.html#post797242

bettyboo Cat 5 (2008) has a visa today - Congrats and I hope that we see a load more on this thread - before we go into hibernation again.

VickyMel

Guest dragsterwish
Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail this morning confirming that if my O/H occupation is on WA SMP,

I can confirm that if your nominated occupation is on the State Migration Plan,

your application would transfer to a higher priority.

So im happy enough with that..... for the moment but they still haven't answered my question as to whether we have to reapply just that we will transfer to a higher priority. Does that mean we dont need to then:confused:

Hi, it actually says your nominated occupation have to be on the SMP, not just merely be on the list that qualifies for the SMP. So, DIAC has not answered whether we need to apply for SMP for existing SS.

The fact that once we have the SMP, we would be transferred to higher priority is already stated in the Priority Processing statement.

Guest Debs38

Hi, it actually says your nominated occupation have to be on the SMP, not just merely be on the list that qualifies for the SMP. So, DIAC has not answered whether we need to apply for SMP for existing SS.

Hi

Im taking that the SMP is the list of occupations that qualify for Cat 2 .. so if my O/H occupation is on that list for WA then i will be transfered to a higher priority .. or am i not getting it:err:

DIAC stated that my existing SS application would then be transferred.

Guest reddragon81

NAME: Reddragon81

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: Never applied for a 175, I applied for a 176 in November 2009

DATE SS APPLIED: April 2009 / GRANTED: July 2009

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: Western Australia

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not yet requested

ADDITIONAL INFO: WA kindly misplaced the sponsorship approval + Form 1100 that I sent them in August 2009

C/O: Not assigned yet

Guest reddragon81

I have a very tricky logic question that I have also posted on another Cat. 5 related topic (sorry for cross posting):

Andrew, Brandon, Clementine, Donald and Eric all have the same profession (non CSL, category 5)

- Andrew applied for a 175 in October 2009, applied for a SS in November, received a SS on the 1st of December 2009 and converted his 175 application into a 176 on the same day.

- Brandond received his SS on the 1st of November 2009 and applied for a 176 on the 1st of December 2009

- Clementine applied for a 176 on the 1st of November 2009 and received her SS on the 1st of December 2009

- Donald received his SS on the 1st of November 2009 and applied for a 176 on the 15th of November 2009

- Eric applied for a 176 on the 1st of November 2009 and received her SS on the 15ht of November 2009

In what chronological order should they hipotetically receive their PR?

Guest reddragon81
As far as I have observed - the processing is Random - so no order

seriously? But I am sure they follow (or at least they should) a first come - first served based order!

and even if they do not respect it, I'd like to know in what order they should theoretically be processed.

Hi Tasha may I join the Cat5 party, lol (and good luck to all still waiting BTW)

cheers, Mikka

NAME: mikka711

Visa : 176

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 05/09/09

DATE SS APPLIED: / GRANTED: 22/06/09 / 28/08/09

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: ACT

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: -

ADDITIONAL INFO: -

C/O: -

Hi Mikka

Thanks for joining our thread. I will add your details to the front page in a little while!

Not sure there is much of a party going on in this thread, just a lot of confusion!!! :wub:

Still, lets hope now that without the SMP in place yet and the CSL being revoked (possibly) we might see us cat 5 peeps moving along nicely!

Good luck with your application x

Hey mates, if we stay on the facts and old announcements, the CSL is already revoked!!!. They said clearly that after the new SOL comes into effect the CSL will be revoked. So priorities 3 and 4 are gone!!. We are all Cat 3 (at least until DIAC develop another way to keep us suffering and going mad ) . I hope Tasha is going to start turning people red soon. Good Luck to everybody!!

I remember somebody saying something about showing his ass if we are all in Cat 3!!! So fingers crossed!!!

I hope I am going to start turning people red again soon, "time will tell"!!!!

I have seen on another forum 5 people who got their visa today... but all were on the CSL!!! So have the CSL been revoked or not I wonder!

By the way it was "Proview" who said he was going to show his ass if we moved up! Sorry Alan :biglaugh: :hug:

If they make us apply for ss again. I would appear to be completely screwed. I have been out in Australia waiting for my visa on and off for over a year. So that means my employment history will be that I have NOT been in employment for at least 12 out of the last 24 months. Also I have just about spent all my savings from selling my house in the UK, on renovating our new house in Wellington Point. So I won't have enough funds. Also my medicals and police checks are about to run out.

Next they will probably change the age limit.

Hi Tim

Have you sent a PLE to the DIAC explaining your situation? I can't believe you are still waiting for your visa! I was so sure you would have it by now!

Perhaps you need to consider your options... is it about time you popped the question to your girlfriend!?!?! LOL :wink:

000000000000000days

Good Luck folksLesley

0 days and 0 answers... still none the wiser!:arghh:

At least here is some good news for Cat 5

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89454-cat-5-2008-application-we-got-2.html#post797242

bettyboo Cat 5 (2008) has a visa today - Congrats and I hope that we see a load more on this thread - before we go into hibernation again.

VickyMel

Thanks Vicky, I dont think she is on our list, so will track her down and see what her timeline is...

Tasha x

NAME: Reddragon81

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: Never applied for a 175, I applied for a 176 in November 2009

DATE SS APPLIED: April 2009 / GRANTED: July 2009

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: Western Australia

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not yet requested

ADDITIONAL INFO: WA kindly misplaced the sponsorship approval + Form 1100 that I sent them in August 2009

C/O: Not assigned yet

Hi Reddragon81

Thanks for joining us... I will update the front page soon and add your details.

Good luck,

Tasha

I have a very tricky logic question that I have also posted on another Cat. 5 related topic (sorry for cross posting):

Andrew, Brandon, Clementine, Donald and Eric all have the same profession (non CSL, category 5)

- Andrew applied for a 175 in October 2009, applied for a SS in November, received a SS on the 1st of December 2009 and converted his 175 application into a 176 on the same day.

- Brandond received his SS on the 1st of November 2009 and applied for a 176 on the 1st of December 2009

- Clementine applied for a 176 on the 1st of November 2009 and received her SS on the 1st of December 2009

- Donald received his SS on the 1st of November 2009 and applied for a 176 on the 15th of November 2009

- Eric applied for a 176 on the 1st of November 2009 and received her SS on the 15ht of November 2009

seriously? But I am sure they follow (or at least they should) a first come - first served based order!

and even if they do not respect it, I'd like to know in what order they should theoretically be processed.

I love your questions above, but I dont think anyone can actually say who would go first in these scenarios...

Did you see the response letter from David Wilden after asking him about how they decide which application gets looked at first? There are apparently a number of factors... let me know if you did not see it and I will find you the link.

Cheers

Tasha x

Hello All

I am really sorry I haven't been on to see how you are all doing !

Since we have been back from Oz (validating) Tim has taken 3 weeks off work unpaid to get the house finished so we can put it on the market !

So me and the boys are out the house from 8:30 and return intime for me to shove dinner down then straight to work !

In from work do the washing tydying ect so no time to put computer on !

But when he is done and back at work I will be back on to see how you are getting on !

Hope this works as I am doing it on my phone !

If I have missed anyone getting there visa I am sorry !

Sending you all my positive vibes that you hear some good news

Emma and Gang

Depending if they come from High Risk or Low Risk Countries. Otherwise I have seen DIAC prioritise according to the SS receiving date when you have previewsly lodged an 175, and the lodging date when you do it directly to 176. But sometimes it looks like random.

YO.,.,., Im hoping the lack of visa being processed [Taz front page as ref only] is due to the new SOL being implented, and applicants already in the `pot` are being redirected by the States in order of the new category determined by the new SOL list.

Surely the SOL list must have been drafted months prior to it going live. All the CO must be preparing themselves this way as oppossed to a bit of thumb twidling - they certianly arent processing anything - thats for sure.

I`m also hoping that will all the new changes in place. That any new persons wishing to apply on the back of the new SOL will take some time in organising the paperwork for this submission. Which i`m hoping will allow the CO to start processing those applicants already in the pot.

I`m hoping and speculating - but in a positive manner. I doubt i`ll be on the list if the NSW list is anything to go by. (im an Architectural Associate). But at least im saving £`s in the wait,,, not that the exchange will allow me to feast on anything worthy. But thats another story.

Agent Appt - JAN`08 / Vet Asses JUL`08 / 475 changed to 176 MAR`09 / SS App MAY`09 / IELTS JUN`09 / SS Grantd SEP`09 / 176 Visa App OCT`09 .....

Guest bilaln30

After 1 July DIAC was supposed to retire CSL! Has anyone noticed that the reply of blank email to ASPC still states CSL still as priority. Ironically, the automated reply has been updated on 1 July too!

Are we going to still see CSL as priority in future????

After 1 July DIAC was supposed to retire CSL! Has anyone noticed that the reply of blank email to ASPC still states CSL still as priority. Ironically, the automated reply has been updated on 1 July too!

Are we going to still see CSL as priority in future????

They have stopped assigning people as CSL, however they still have to process those in the queue who are already CSL. Once they are cleared from the backlog, they will probably amend the priorities.

Guest bilaln30
They have stopped assigning people as CSL, however they still have to process those in the queue who are already CSL. Once they are cleared from the backlog, they will probably amend the priorities.

I dont think so this is the case. They earlier said that they are going to retire CSL. DIAC has a proven record of making changes retrospectively so why not this time?

I think, NO CSL so no back log of CSL. They would probably take people from new SOL and SMP's on priority.

I dont think so this is the case. They earlier said that they are going to retire CSL. DIAC has a proven record of making changes retrospectively so why not this time?

I think, NO CSL so no back log of CSL. They would probably take people from new SOL and SMP's on priority.

You have to remember that CSL is such a small group because they process them relatively quickly. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they have the CSL backlog cleared in the next month. We have already seen several CSL applicants approved already in these first 2 days. I think you are absolutely wrong with your assumptions.

Guest bilaln30
You have to remember that CSL is such a small group because they process them relatively quickly. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they have the CSL backlog cleared in the next month. We have already seen several CSL applicants approved already in these first 2 days. I think you are absolutely wrong with your assumptions.

I am not making any assumptions. DIAC said they would retire CSL with introduction of new SOL. The reason of visa grants to CSL applicants could be that the CSL occupations are common to that of SOL. Also they may be in final stages waiting for Visa quotas.

I am not making any assumptions. DIAC said they would retire CSL with introduction of new SOL. The reason of visa grants to CSL applicants could be that the CSL occupations are common to that of SOL. Also they may be in final stages waiting for Visa quotas.

Maybe someone else has studied the CSL & new SOL, and can answer this, but did all CSL occupations make it onto the new SOL?

If your scenario were true, then using current priorities, the CSL applicants would now fall in priority 7 (all other applicants), and SS applicants should be receiving priority over them. Therefore we wouldn't have seen the grants in recent days.

Guest HoriFTC

I got following answer from DIAC for my PLE yesterday (01/07/2010), only about 50 minutes after I sent it:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Please be advised at this stage the current Priority Processing - Critical Skills List is still in place. We are waiting on direction of how the New SOL will be implemented. Please refer to the DIAC website for further updates.

Yours sincerely,

xxxx x"

So the CSL is definitily still in effect.

Archived