176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Does anyone know when the DIAC will release the new priority processing categories?? As its 1st July this afternoon (in Oz) will it appear on their website??

OK, the DIAC have updated their website and there is nothing about new priorities! In fact it does not tell me much at all! Take a look and let me know what you all think;

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

I have also just sent an email to the processing center and their response is the same as usual and talking about the same priority processing as before with the CSL, so they have not updated their email yet! (I take it they are still going to revoke the CSL... or has that changed now too, as I cant see any mention of it!?!)

So... after all that count down I feel as though we still are none the wiser:arghh:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kos Klang

Well i am so glad its not just me!

Hubby is main applicant - Electrician.

Began 30/08/2008, Vetassses passed 04/09, Queensland SS 17/12/2009, NOTHING more!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can we do???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guest leebaker3

My thoughts and my thoughts only are that we will need to re-apply for State Sponsorship once the SMP's are published if we want to move to Cat 2 :sad:. But, it does look like a lot of the states aren't ready with their SMP's and won't be until August. It seems like the processing of visa's slowed down the last couple of months and this could be due to the DIAC using most of the Visa Quota for 2009-2010. Given the fact that the CSL no longer exists then the only applications that can happen until the SMP's are publish are Cat 1's and Cat 5's (which should fall in behind us all) and 6's and 7's. Therefore there might be a window between the beginning of July and the States starting to issue sponsorships from there SMP's when they will be able to work on Cat 5's. :wink:

Mind you, I've been hopeful before and this is all just my ramblings.

OK, the DIAC have updated their website and there is nothing about new priorities! In fact it does not tell me much at all! Take a look and let me know what you all think;

So... after all that count down I feel as though we still are none the wiser:arghh:

New Zealand is looking better by the day. It would be easier to get into a bank vault than obtaining a visa for Oz these days.:biggrin:

New Zealand is looking better by the day. It would be easier to get into a bank vault than obtaining a visa for Oz these days.:biggrin:

I couldn't agree more looks like Oz is a piece of paradise which is forbidden to the outside world.

Guest eddie

Totally agree with "tabatha". Stop a*seing around, and either give us a visa or tell us we dont need you, at least we can resume our lives.

All the reports are read in the WA media, keep ranting on about skills shortages and how many workers they need by such a date. If they keep on messing around with the immigration process, Oz is going to end up with not being able to PAY people to go there!

Paul

Guest Wannabeoz

Totally agree with everyone who like me is fed up with this process! Just let us know what's going on and stop keeping us in the dark. We all have lives to get on with, which we can't put on hold for the whims of an incompetent minister! Would love to think they'll start processing the Cat 5s, but something tells me they told us we'd be waiting 3 years for a reason... sadly...

Guest gilbert
Totally agree with everyone who like me is fed up with this process! Just let us know what's going on and stop keeping us in the dark. We all have lives to get on with, which we can't put on hold for the whims of an incompetent minister! Would love to think they'll start processing the Cat 5s, but something tells me they told us we'd be waiting 3 years for a reason... sadly...

Yeah you are right....They are keeping us in Dark

Guest tabatha

Yes us too rachbarlow.. We applied for ss on 1st march and not a beep from them.. Why take our money if we are not suitable for there country..My hubby self employed too and we just want to sell up and go but who knows when that will be... only 25 years to retirement......

Guest tabatha

Another point do the diac think we all would be spending a fortune on this process and putting our lives on hold..for an easy ticket???? Isn't it about time that Mr Rudd read pio......Ans saw what valuable people would like to come to his country...

Does anyone know for sure whether people with existing State Sponsorship will have to "get sponsored again" to jump to Cat 2 if they are on the SMP? That would be ridiculous since the state has already sponsored you based on your occupation and being on the SMP means your occupation is still in demand.

Getting re-sponsored would seem like a complete waste of time.

Michael.

Guest Wannabeoz
Does anyone know for sure whether people with existing State Sponsorship will have to "get sponsored again" to jump to Cat 2 if they are on the SMP? That would be ridiculous since the state has already sponsored you based on your occupation and being on the SMP means your occupation is still in demand.

Michael.

It looks like people may have to, according to Alan Collett's sticky thread on state sponsorships... Ridiculous I know, but nothing surprises me anymore!

It looks like people may have to, according to Alan Collett's sticky thread on state sponsorships... Ridiculous I know, but nothing surprises me anymore!

Not a lot surprises me anymore - but how can they justify making people apply for SS again? There is no point.

The whole idea of having to apply for SS again is ridiculous. We had to jump through so many hoops for the ACT the first time around. We hold UK passports, speak English fluently, have proven loads of funds and done everything else they required. And that took them almost 13 weeks! If we all have to reapply again, it will be mass mayhem and will take ages.

Guest mikka711

Hi Tasha may I join the Cat5 party, lol (and good luck to all still waiting BTW)

cheers, Mikka:v_SPIN:

NAME: mikka711

Visa : 176

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 05/09/09

DATE SS APPLIED: / GRANTED: 22/06/09 / 28/08/09

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: ACT

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: -

ADDITIONAL INFO: -

C/O: -

Hey mates, if we stay on the facts and old announcements, the CSL is already revoked!!!. They said clearly that after the new SOL comes into effect the CSL will be revoked. So priorities 3 and 4 are gone!!. We are all Cat 3 (at least until DIAC develop another way to keep us suffering and going mad :jiggy: ) . I hope Tasha is going to start turning people red soon. Good Luck to everybody!!

I remember somebody saying something about showing his ass if we are all in Cat 3!!! So fingers crossed!!! :biglaugh:

Guest rachbarlow

Michael.

I heared that there would be a conversion, as the amount of time that would be wasted when people already had SS, and the states need the skills in to do the jobs, going through a SMP process would be a farse! However, that is the process all over............ a farse!

Guest timpage
Another point do the diac think we all would be spending a fortune on this process and putting our lives on hold..for an easy ticket???? Isn't it about time that Mr Rudd read pio......Ans saw what valuable people would like to come to his country...

Mr Rudd is no more I'm afraid, he has been ousted by his own deputy

Guest timpage

If they make us apply for ss again. I would appear to be completely screwed. I have been out in Australia waiting for my visa on and off for over a year. So that means my employment history will be that I have NOT been in employment for at least 12 out of the last 24 months. Also I have just about spent all my savings from selling my house in the UK, on renovating our new house in Wellington Point. So I won't have enough funds. Also my medicals and police checks are about to run out.

Next they will probably change the age limit.:mad:

Guest Debs38

Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail this morning confirming that if my O/H occupation is on WA SMP, then the application will automatically transfer to a higher priority. Like you guys i was really p....sed off with all the confusion so i asked them what will happen: here is the response

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's

General Skilled Migration program.

At this stage the State Migration Plans have not been finalised.

I can confirm that if your nominated occupation is on the State Migration Plan,

your application would transfer to a higher priority.

We suggest to visit our website regularly as information is updated on a regular

basis.

So im happy enough with that..... for the moment but they still haven't answered my question as to whether we have to reapply just that we will transfer to a higher priority. Does that mean we dont need to then:confused:

Hi everyone,

:

That does sound promising:yes:

Lets hope they don't back track on that:no:

Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail this morning confirming that if my O/H occupation is on WA SMP, then the application will automatically transfer to a higher priority. Like you guys i was really p....sed off with all the confusion so i asked them what will happen: here is the response

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's

General Skilled Migration program.

At this stage the State Migration Plans have not been finalised.

We suggest to visit our website regularly as information is updated on a regular

basis.

So im happy enough with that..... for the moment but they still haven't answered my question as to whether we have to reapply just that we will transfer to a higher priority. Does that mean we dont need to then:confused:

That is great news Debs. They have written that 'you will transfer' - To use the term 'Transfer', it should mean without applying as far as I know. Hopefully the other states revert with a positive note too

Archived