Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

n111kkx

Members
  • Content Count

    334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

520 Excellent

About n111kkx

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  1. n111kkx

    Electricians In Australia

    we didnt get an email - I chased them to see what was happening and they emailed 2 days later to say it was all done and letter in the post. So should get that soon. Best of luck
  2. n111kkx

    Electricians In Australia

    ARTC news, I emailed the ARTC 2 days ago to find out and chase our application. The assessment should take 30 days and our app was dated 12 may. This morning we have an email to say successful and details are in the post. So it looks like assessments are taking 3 months. We did not mention the vettassess certificate and did not send a copy. One person had there app returned prob cause he sent the vettassess cert. Good luck to all applying x
  3. Morning Still no news, I have checked the application this morning and no movement at all. The website still says they have a huge backlog!!
  4. We are in a similar situation we have everything to go and 30k to set us up but the figures dont add up. My oh hadnt got a job but looking at 100k and we have 1 daughter and a full visa (permanent resident) and it is too expensive. I would work part time but it still wont be enough. We are going to validate and then wait and see x Good luck with your decision making x
  5. n111kkx

    dont think we will go !! cant afford it!

    ooh I meant to say when we applied for our Visa and state sponsorship our full comitment was to go to Victoria. My sister and her husband were going to move to Melbourne. However, the government changed the visa rules and instead of taking 6 months the visa then took 3 years. Your commitment for State Sponsorship has to be at the time of applying. My sister now has a child and her and her husband have fantastic jobs. They are reluctant to move to Melbourne now. We want to be near them and have had to reconsider everything. They may have another thought about Melbourne as they liked the city but this is another conversation we need to have. Hope this explains
  6. n111kkx

    dont think we will go !! cant afford it!

    Thank you all so much for your comments and I love this forum for peoples honesty. We live in Somerset with all our family around us have a great back up support for my daughter (8) we love to travel and do so (8 times this year alone) but we do realise that we have to sacrifice to go to Oz and are prepared to do so. But life is very good for us even in the midst of this recession. I understand that Manly is ridiculously expensive and luckily my sisters lease is up in 3 weeks but she does love it there. I have looked at the Northern Beaches in general and the costs are still high. I dont work full time and really dont want to as I want to be there for my husband and daughter. I also have a heart condition which means I have to have regular checkups and medicines. My care in the UK is fabulous. My two best friends cried at the weekend when I told them there was a chance we may not go!! I would love to have a little glass ball to see the future if anyone has one available! I think I need to have a long chat with my sister and then go and enjoy ourselves in October and do a proper reccie including schools, work, houses, living costs. Thank you all so much xx watch this space xx
  7. n111kkx

    dont think we will go !! cant afford it!

    My sister lives in sydneyand I would want to be very close to her. She has a 10 week old baby and I want to support her. Her lease is up in 3 weeks so gonna have a long talk with her as she is in the uk today for a holiday. My husband would be happy to not go as he is not the adventurous one and thinks if it's not broke don't fix it. Maybe my sis and her hubby will come back to the uk?????? If not then lots of holidays I guess, and like u say we have 5 years x
  8. A long road!! After waiting nearly 3 years for our visa, we have sold a flat in preparation to go and will have £30,000 to get us started - I dont think we will go!! My husband is a qualified electrician and I am a mum of an 8 year old. My sister already lives in Manly and has a new 10 week old baby. Our plans are to visit in Oct and validate the visa and then move over in March/April 2012. We are still going in October but I have started to look at the cost of living and I really dont think we can afford to go. The cost of living in Sydney is so high even earning around $100,000 it will not cut it. I do realise we want to rent in Manly which is expensive, but if we are going to give up our fab life in the UK we want to live the dream. Maybe we will just have to wait and see if the exchange rate improves and my husband needs to do further training to be classed qualified in Australia so this doesnt help!! All this time and money - gutted x
  9. n111kkx

    Electricians In Australia

    Anyone else applied to TRA for an assessment? Our application was logged on 12 may and we are now way over the 30 days it says it takes for assessment?
  10. Can I ask if anyone has shipped there car in a container with their belongings? Or is it better to do a separate roll on roll off for the car?
  11. n111kkx

    Dont know if we're staying or going???

    We r the same!!! 3 years to get the visa my OH never was 100% convinced about oz. We are going in oct for another reccie to look at schools etc. my oh has to do further training as an electrician so walking into a job is not easy. Once again they seem to be changing the rules on what training he will have to do!! We have hopefully sold a flat so that should keep us for 10 months and we will rent our house so we have a home in the uk. So so difficult as life is really good for us in the uk. But my sister and her new 6 week baby are in Sydney. My gorgeous little 8 year old did write a little story about how excited she is - so that helps and she is keen on the adventure. Going to look st it as a sabbatical and give it a shot - good luck with your decision making - our minds change weekly so I think it is natural xxx
  12. n111kkx

    OMG - No turning Back NOW

    Best of luck x can I ask - do u have jobs waiting for u in Oz?
  13. n111kkx

    ARTC

    Hi, we have a 176 visa and have applied to artc and it would appear that they are taking about 6 months to process applications!! We have been waiting since 14 may and I dud contact them to be told they r busy and have a backlog !! I also know of one person that waited 6 months only to be told to cancel the application and they have to go down the vetassess route!! Have u looked at the 2 week course u can do in wa ? That's another option Best of luck
  14. n111kkx

    Ettalong beach, nsw - what's it like

    Thank u - should I presume that umina beach is the same?
  15. My sister is currently in manly, nsw and looking at a possible moveto EFTA ing beach -.property seems cheap - anyone know what it is like for families/schools
×