176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

If you are SOL you are up to Cat 3 as of now

If you are not SOL - there is now SMP currently so you are down to Cat 4 (and 4 = everyone else)

And we still have no news on SMPs - but concerns they might be a while due to the elections

Guest leebaker3
OK... well perhaps I shall continue with this thread for now as there will be lots of people who will move from the old Cat 5 to the new Cat 3 or 4 and then maybe into Cat 2...

So for now, as we are not all 100% sure where we fall, I will continue with this thread and perhaps re think what to do when the SMP have been released.

Thanks to all of you who commented, it was nice to hear that you like this thread and that it is useful to you.

:hug: Tasha x

p.s; thanks Vicky for clicking my chick x

You get my vote Tasha, you've done a great job with this thread but it must be a massive draw on your time and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to do it anymore

Guest Aslan

Hi Tania,

The new processing priorities have now been broken down into 4 levels:

1. ENS/ RSMS

2. Application with occupation on a State Migration Plan

3. Application with occupation on Sch 3 SOL

4. All other applications.

You are right that if your occupation is not on the State Migration Plan for the state you have been currently sponsored by you will remain in the 4th group and we do not know how long it will take for a visa to be processed. But if your occupation is on the SMP of the state who has already sponsored you you will be moved up to level 2.

So the new announcement doesn't help us too much until the State Migration Plans are announced. I will let you know as soon as I hear about that.

Hello Everyone,

Is my understanding correct? You will be considered as priority no. 3 if your nominated occupation is on schedule 3 of the new SOL. It is stated in schedule 3 that an applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation. Sorry if I missed out something but is this applicable to us also? Is there a need to update our ASCO to ANZSCO in order to be processed as priority no. 3?Or does this mean that it applies only to applicants who applied on or after July 1, 2010 as they are the one referred to in schedule no. 3?

Appreaciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks and regards,

Aslan

Guest VickyMel

For those of you in Cat 3 you will be interested to know that

1) VIC have announced they will not be putting their SMP out until Sept (& George L was suggesting that it may be later than that with the elections so close) I wonder if the the other states are too

2) Looks like they may be processing Cat 3 applicants and maybe by date of application??

See this link someone who applied March 08

As much as I am gutted to be down in Cat 4 - it is really warming to see some people who have been shunted back and further back and are sat in Cat 6 & 7 start to come to the front again.

Plus as much as it was bad news from VIC I was actually rather pleased to hear it because it means we know now rather than getting excited for August.

VickyMel

Plus as much as it was bad news from VIC I was actually rather pleased to hear it because it means we know now rather than getting excited for August.

ACT told me Monday they were still planning for August 1, but frankly I don't believe them now. Unless by some miracle they managed to get their SMP negotiated already, and were just waiting for everyone else?

Guest JK2510
ACT told me Monday they were still planning for August 1, but frankly I don't believe them now. Unless by some miracle they managed to get their SMP negotiated already, and were just waiting for everyone else?

Hi Matt,

Have you an update on the release date for the WA SMP list? There was talk that WA would perhaps be the first state to release them.

Thanks

Hi Matt,

Have you an update on the release date for the WA SMP list? There was talk that WA would perhaps be the first state to release them.

Thanks

Hi Jodie,

I spoke to my agent yesterday, who had soken to WA. The y said that they expect to release the SMP either the end of July or early August.

Hope this helps,

John:hug:

Guest JK2510

Hi John,

Fingers crossed!! :jiggy:

Which agent are you using? Were using Visa bureau and the lady i spoke to monday was great and she reassured me on a few things.

Im sooo glad we did use an agent in the end!

Hi John,

Which agent are you using? Were using Visa bureau and the lady i spoke to monday was great and she reassured me on a few things.

Hi Jodie,

We have a great agent. They keep us up to date with everything and only tell us things they have heard from the horses mouth. They reasure us everytime. We use Overseas Emmigration as they have an office in Edinburgh. We are so glad we picked them and I believe your company are also on the ball.

Cheers,

John:hug::hug::hug:

Hi,

thanks for the link, but is there any difference between the schedules regarding "time of processment"? Is one Schedule faster then the other?

Sorry for the bad English, don´t know exactly how to express my doubt!

Carolina

Hi Caz

Dont worry, we do understand!

You need to be in schedule 3 to be processed quicker, as then you will fall in Cat 3 Priority processing. If you are not in Schedule 3 but in the others then you fall into Priority processing 4 and will possibly be a long time waiting. Unless of course your occupation is on the SMP.

I hope that helps.

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi John,

We are also using these...they are great keep you upto date all the time and email you back straight away !!

Good Luck

Guest VickyMel
Hi,

thanks for the link, but is there any difference between the schedules regarding "time of processment"? Is one Schedule faster then the other?

Sorry for the bad English, don´t know exactly how to express my doubt!

Carolina

Hi Carolina

:wink: don't worry about your English - it is great - and better than any other language I try to speak!

Sounds as if it is just Schedule 3 (the new SOL) that are moving to priority 3 and likely to move faster - seems some are being contacted now.

"3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010."

General Skilled Migration

Hope you are on it - if not fingers crossed for the SMP list

VickyMel

Hello Everyone,

Is my understanding correct? You will be considered as priority no. 3 if your nominated occupation is on schedule 3 of the new SOL. [YES]

It is stated in schedule 3 that an applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation. Sorry if I missed out something but is this applicable to us also? Is there a need to update our ASCO to ANZSCO in order to be processed as priority no. 3? [DIAC will be responsible for identifying your new ANZSCO code]

Or does this mean that it applies only to applicants who applied on or after July 1, 2010 as they are the one referred to in schedule no. 3? [YES, I think this is for people who lodge after 1st July]

Appreaciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks and regards,

Aslan

Hi Aslan

I have written my comments in red in your text above.

I hope I am correct in saying what I have as this is my understanding of it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Perhaps raise the question in one of the other thread which is specifically talking about these issues as then you can double check what I am saying is correct.

Cheers

Tasha

Hi Tasha!

thank you so much.

I thought Schedule 4 was for the ones who were in the State Migration PLans, am I wrong?

Carolina

Hi Caz

No, you are not wrong.

Here is the link you need to look at which is the questions and answers and has a question in it that might answer your queries. The questions and answers are specifically for people who have already lodged an application.

Here is the link: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf

Check out Q6;

Q6 The new direction refers to Schedule 3 of the Skilled Occupation list (SOL) what do these

schedules refer to?

19/07/2010 3

The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is a list of occupations that are accepted for general skilled migration.

Applicants must have a nominated occupation which is on the SOL that applies to them at the time they apply.

The recent changes to skilled migration have included generous transitional arrangements for some people.

These arrangements require that the previous version of the SOL be kept available for those people so they

can access their transitional arrangements. The changes also included a change in the way occupations are

classified, from ASCO to ANZSCO. This change required that the previous version of the SOL be provided

in both the ASCO and ANZSCO coding.

The different SOLs are distinguished by different schedules, as follows:

• the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ASCO code (schedule 1) — applies only to GSM applicants

who lodged their application prior to 1 July 2010.

• the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ANZSCO code (schedule 2) — applies to GSM applicants

who are eligible for transitional arrangements and who lodge their application before 1 January 2013.

• the current SOL (schedule 3) in effect from 1 July 2010 — applies to all new GSM applications,

including applicants eligible for transitional arrangements if they prefer to use it.

• the State and Territory SOL (schedule 4 ) — applies only to GSM applicants nominated by a State or

Territory government under a State Migration Plan.

More information about change to the SOL are available from the departmental website.

See: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Information about the transitional arrangements is available from the departmental website.

Information about the department’s introduction of ANZSCO, which replaces ASCO in relation to skilled

occupations, is available from the departmental website.

See: www.immi.gov.au/employers/anzsco/

Hi Tasha/Vicky,

I am just really confused about the "schedules". I have read the FAQ, and I understand that I am under Priority 4.

My occupation is on the new SOL, but I would have to reassess my occupation, and reaply for the visa again (and pay the fee again! :mad:).

So, what schedule am I today? Number 1, right?

I will have to wait for the SMPs, and if my occupation is on NSW SMP, I can consider Schedule 4?

Thanks again....really confused...

Archived