176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Hi all heres a bit of info for you

Dear Spencer,

As previously discussed in an email sent earlier this week, DIAC have published a new priority processing directive, which determines the order in which applications are processed.

Further information was released today, as the Client Services Charter has been updated to reflect the processing times for particular groups. See below for the new processing priority groups and the updated timeframes for each group:

PROCESSING PRIORITY GROUP

GROUP CRITERIA

PROCESSING TIMEFRAME

Priority Group 1

From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

Applications will be processed according to ENS/RSMS Service Standards

Priority Group 2

From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's State Migration Plan.

Applications will be finalised 12 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 3

From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applications lodged PRIOR to 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 31 December, 2011.

Applications lodged ON OR AFTER 1 July 2010 will be finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 4

All other applications.

All Priority Group 4 applications will only be entered into processing and finalised once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

What does this mean for me?

You are currently in Priority Group 3, which means that your application should be finalised by 31 December, 2011. As you have already obtained state sponsorship, there is the possibility that your application will transition to Priority Group 2 in the event that your occupations appears on the State Migration Plan for your state, which would mean it would be processed more quickly. If your occupation does not appear on the State Migration Plan you will remain in group 3. State Migration Plans will be released during September at the earliest.

If more information becomes available we will be in contact. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

I need to click your chick!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gilbert

hi all

I got news from my agent i got CO and he/she requested additional documents of my relevant experience and my IELTS test copy agian...wow

regards

gilbert

Guest pinal
hi all

I got news from my agent i got CO and he/she requested additional documents of my relevant experience and my IELTS test copy agian...wow

regards

gilbert

Congratulations, gilbert :jiggy:

Guest gilbert
Congratulations, gilbert :jiggy:

Thanx pinal ..Congratulations you too:jiggy:

regards

gilbert

Guest ramez
hi all

regards

gilbert

Congrats, gilbert

:hug:

hi all

regards

gilbert

Congratulations!!! :jiggy: Fantastic News.

Could you please give me your timeline.

Regards

hi all

regards

gilbert

Hi Gilbert

What fantastic news for you, especially after waiting soooooo long now!

You are a true dinosaur and I hope you get your visa soon.

Have you already done your meds and PC's or have they requested them from you too?

There is a new thread now that GGx0x0 has started for category 3's. Perhaps you could come and join us on the other thread as it is easier to follow for the Category 3's; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

Here is Gilberts timeline;

Name: Gagandeep Singh (gilbert)

Occopation: First Class Welder

Visa Type: 175 Applied date: 25/02/2008

State Sponsorship: VICTORA 02/09/2009 Sub class 176

Case Officer: YES 31/07/10

Medical PCC: NO

Well done again, and keep us informed on how you get on.

Cheers

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi all heres a bit of info for you

Dear Spencer,

As previously discussed in an email sent earlier this week, DIAC have published a new priority processing directive, which determines the order in which applications are processed.

Further information was released today, as the Client Services Charter has been updated to reflect the processing times for particular groups. See below for the new processing priority groups and the updated timeframes for each group:

PROCESSING PRIORITY GROUP

GROUP CRITERIA

PROCESSING TIMEFRAME

Priority Group 1

From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

Applications will be processed according to ENS/RSMS Service Standards

Priority Group 2

From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's State Migration Plan.

Applications will be finalised 12 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 3

From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applications lodged PRIOR to 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 31 December, 2011.

Applications lodged ON OR AFTER 1 July 2010 will be finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 4

All other applications.

All Priority Group 4 applications will only be entered into processing and finalised once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

What does this mean for me?

You are currently in Priority Group 3, which means that your application should be finalised by 31 December, 2011. As you have already obtained state sponsorship, there is the possibility that your application will transition to Priority Group 2 in the event that your occupations appears on the State Migration Plan for your state, which would mean it would be processed more quickly. If your occupation does not appear on the State Migration Plan you will remain in group 3. State Migration Plans will be released during September at the earliest.

If more information becomes available we will be in contact. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Hi

Please explain one more thing .... Currently my processing priority falls under Group-4 ... I m SS by ACT so in september or whenever ACT will release SMP and my occupation System Manager 2231-11 will be listed there then i will automatically transfered to Processing PRIORITY GROUP 2 ? ... i m really confused ......

Thanks

Hi

Please explain one more thing .... Currently my processing priority falls under Group-4 ... I m SS by ACT so in september or whenever ACT will release SMP and my occupation System Manager 2231-11 will be listed there then i will automatically transfered to Processing PRIORITY GROUP 2 ? ... i m really confused ......

Thanks

Yes if your occupation is in smp you will be moved to cat 2.Even if its not in the smp states might honor the sponsorships they already have given to people but no one can be sure about that

Yes if your occupation is in smp you will be moved to cat 2.Even if its not in the smp states might honor the sponsorships they already have given to people but no one can be sure about that

JImm i hope u r right ....

but one consultant told me that its still unclear that existing SMP applicants will be automatically move to CAT-2 or not. regardless of that, there occupation is on SDL of SMP ..... thats the thing which irritates me .... as u know this immigration thing is really unreliable.

on positive note .... my thinking is that in CAT-1 there are not much applications and in Cat -2 there is no application ... it means there is only CAT- 3 which is in under processing ....

lets assume that STATES will announce there SMP on September 1st (which is v difficult) and SMP candidates will apply for that plan then States will take atleast 3 to 4 months for SMP grant .... then we have time till January till then there will be only CAT-3 Again under process ....

I am v optimistic that i am right to some extent ... lets wait for some expert opinions from Seniors and respected migration agents ...

cheers

US-Man

Hi

Thanks

When the SMPs are released you will be automatically moved to Cat 2 if your occupation is on the SMP. ACT has said they expect all their state sponsored applicants to be moved to SMP.

Yes that's what we all are doing for the past so many months waiting and waiting with things getting delayed.Lets hope if SMP's are released in time then we would be more clear about this category business until then i think you are logically correct that they will process cat 3's on the priority.

And i do hope that states will honor their already sponsored applicants even if the occupations are not in the new SMP's announced.

This really is the waiting GAME (thanks to the govt of Australia) for all the stake holders including States,DIAC and us poor poor applicants.

Guest Miajohnson

I am not optimistic for my visa. I don't think my occupation will on the SMP. In that case, I will become Group 4. Hopeless! Why does the AU govenment always let me down? I got mad. :mad:

I am not optimistic for my visa. I don't think my occupation will on the SMP. In that case, I will become Group 4. Hopeless! Why does the AU govenment always let me down? I got mad. :mad:

Dear Miajohnson

The only u need to raise is HOPE ...... if u loose HOPE u will Lose everything ...... Immigration process is a roller coaster ride for me too ...... still there are many UPS and DOWNS .... but here we are. we are facing and fighting thats what u need o show ... just like u i am also one of those unfortunates who always got the negative impact... but i am hoping for good .... and good time will come ..... just HOPEEEEEE

Regards

US-Man

Guest Miajohnson

I wrote a complaints letter to DIAC and got the feedback as follows:

Thank you for your inquiry of 21July 2010 concerning the delays in processing GSM visa applications.

The Australian Government is aware that the priority processing Direction impacts on many applicants who will now have to wait longer for their visas to be processed.

As you are aware, on 8 February 2010 a range of changes to the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program were implemented to ensure Australia’s Migration Program is better targeted and more responsive to industry needs. As the demand for GSM visas currently exceeds the number of places available, priority processing arrangements were introduced to ensure Australia gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of applicants who may have applied first.

Under the current processing arrangements, priority is afforded to applications from people who are sponsored by an employer, followed by applicants who have been nominated by State/Territory Government agency under a State Migration Plan.

I note that you have applied for a sponsored GSM visa and seek advice on when your visa might be processed under the current priority processing arrangements.

Whilst I am unable to give you a definitive answer on when your GSM visa may be processed, you may wish to consider your options under one of the permanent employer sponsored visa categories - the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) or the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). In order to be eligible for either program, you would need to have pre-arranged employment in Australia and your proposed employer would need to nominate you for a full-time position for at least two or three years, depending on the visa you are applying for.

The RSMS is one of several government initiatives designed to attract migrants to regional and less populated areas of Australia. The scheme covers all of Australia except Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and Perth.

Applicants for ENS and RSMS should usually be less than 45 years of age, and meet the skill and English language requirements for the visa they are applying for. These requirements may, however, be waived if you can demonstrate that exceptional circumstances apply to your case.

Please note that as an applicant for a State Sponsored GSM visa, you may not be required to pay a visa application charge fee for an ENS or RSMS visa application.

Further information on this visa is available on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s website at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/

It may also interest you to know that State Migration Plans (Plans) are being developed to provide State and Territory Governments with access to a broader range of occupations than those available to independent skilled migrants through the Skilled Occupation List. This allows States and Territories to address specific skills shortages within their jurisdiction.

While Plans are still being developed and are yet to be agreed, if a State or Territory Government includes your nominated occupation in their Plan your visa application may be eligible for nomination. Nomination by a State Government agency for an occupation on the Plan will result in the second highest priority processing.

I trust the information provided is helpful.

Sponsored Skilled Migration Policy Section

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

When the SMPs are released you will be automatically moved to Cat 2 if your occupation is on the SMP. ACT has said they expect all their state sponsored applicants to be moved to SMP.

Hi Matt,

I wonder how confident ACT are that all their sponsored applicants will appear on the SMP. Lets hope the Minister is in a good mood when he reviews the occupations listed.

Michael.

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

ADELAIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on skilled migration applications being processed by GSM Adelaide. Please do not reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored. Contact details for the ASPC are listed below.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Changes to Priority Processing – 14 July 2010

Direction No. 48 - Order of consideration - certain skilled migration visas

The Migration Act 1958 contains powers by which the Minister can consider and finalise visa applications in an order of priority that the Minister considers appropriate. Departmental officers are required to follow this Ministerial direction, which applies to every stage of visa processing.

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills List (CSL). These priority processing arrangements apply to applications already lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, as well as to future applications.

The new priority processing arrangements apply to the following visa programs:

· The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

· The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

· General Skilled Migration (GSM)

The following GSM visa subclasses are exempt from the priority processing provisions specified in Direction 48:

· Skilled – Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

· Skilled – Graduate Subclass 485

· Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored (Residence) Subclass 883

· Skilled – Regional Subclass 887

Applications for these visa subclasses will be processed in the order in which they are received.

The following GSM applications are exempt from Direction 48:

· applications that have been remitted by the Migration Review Tribunal for reconsideration;

· applications where it is readily apparent that the criteria for grant of the visa would not be satisfied;

· applications by members of the family unit of a person who holds a temporary or provisional GSM visa (subsequent entrant applications).

· visa applications for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 visa where the applicant holds a Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) Subclass 495 visa, Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 496 visa, Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 visa or Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 475 visa at the time they apply.

The Skilled Migration visa processing priorities

Under the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) apply:

Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s state migration plan.

Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010. See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf

All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

Further information can be found via the following link: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Priority Processing Exemptions

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the priority processing changes. Applications under these subclasses will continue to be processed in the order in which they were received by the department – the following subclass by application lodgement date identifies cases currently being considered:

Visa Subclass

Skilled – Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

VF 476 (paper): 17 July 2010

VF 476 (e-lodged): 17 July 2010

Skilled – Graduate Subclass 485

VC 485 (paper): 5 August 2009

Skilled – Regional Subclass 887

VB 887 (paper): 15 July 2010

Processing News

INCREASED VISA APPLICATION CHARGES (VACs) – 1JULY 2010

Information on fees and charges is published on the department's website at Fees & Charges - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

When a VAC is changed, the new amount applies to all visa applications received by the department on and after the day the VAC is changed. Therefore if an application will be received by the department on or after 1 July 2010 please ensure that the correct VAC is paid. An application has not been validly made until the full VAC is received.

The ASPC has been advised that the relevant visa charges will increase as follows:

If the first instalment of the VAC payable was previously $AUD230 it will be $AUD235 from 1 July 2010

If the first instalment of the VAC payable was previously $AUD2525 it will be $AUD2575 from 1 July 2010

For GSM applicants liable to payment of a second instalment of the VAC the amount payable will be $AUD3575 for applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010. Applicants are not required to pay the second instalment until requested to do so by the department.

THE TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF ACCEPTING OF CERTAIN GSM VISA APPLICATIONS LIFTED – 1 JULY 2010

The temporary suspension of accepting of certain GSM visa applications lifted from 1 July 2010. Applications for the following visa subclasses are now accepted as normal:

· Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent (Migrant) visa

· Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored (Migrant) visa

· Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa.

CAPPING AND CEASING OF SPECIFIED OFFSHORE GSM APPLICATIONS LODGED BEFORE 1 SEPTEMBER 2007

As the cap has now been reached, applications subject to the capping decision have now ceased. Further information can be found via the following link: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

NEW SKILLED OCCUPATION LIST (SOL) – 1 JULY 2010.

On 17 May 2010, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, announced the list of occupations included in the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL). The new SOL came into effect on 1 July 2010. Applications lodged prior to the implementation of the new SOL will not be affected. Further information about this announcement can be found on our website. What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

INTRODUCTION THE AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND STANDARD CLASSIFICATION OF OCCUPATIONS (ANZSCO) – 1 JULY 2010

ANZSCO is a classification system that provides for the standardised collection, analysis, and dissemination of occupation data. From 1 July 2010 ANZSCO will replace the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) currently used by the department. Further information about this announcement can be found on our website. What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

OTHER CHANGES TO THE SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM

In addition to the new Priority Processing Direction the Minister has announced other changes to the GSM Program. Information about these changes have been published on the department’s website at: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

INFORMATION ABOUT PROVIDING DOCUMENTS

Applicants for General Skilled Migration (GSM) are strongly encouraged to submit supporting documentation electronically. Providing scanned copies of documents reduces postal and administrative delays in receiving and processing information.

GSM processing offices accept scanned copies of original documents (non-certified) provided they are in colour. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of certified copies. The valid file types for attaching documents are BMP, DOC, DOT, GIF, JPG, PDF, RTF, TXT and XLS.

Information which will assist you in attaching documents to your application or in emailing them to the department is available on the department’s website at:

Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Application

E-lodged applications

If you e-lodged this application you are strongly encouraged to attach all the supporting documentation to the application in the web-browser. This is the preferred procedure for providing supporting documents for an e-lodged application.

If for any reason you cannot attach documents in the browser then you can email the documents as scanned attachments to: adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Paper lodged applications

If you lodged a paper application you can still provide supporting documentation electronically.

To provide additional documents to the GSM Adelaide office please email the documents as scanned attachments to: adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

When emailing documents to the department please ensure that you include an application reference number as the first part of the subject line of your email. You can use either the Transaction Reference Number (TRN) or file reference number for this purpose.

Do not send this office any original documents or provide paper copies of documents attached to the browser or sent by e-mail unless asked to do so by a departmental officer.

MEDICAL RESULTS

If you have undertaken your medical examination at Health Services Australia (HSA), please do not post your medical results to us unless your case officer requests you to do so. Please store your results in a secure place and do not open the sealed envelope.

BRISBANE PROCESSING

Information regarding applications processed in Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email address: gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

CONTACTING US

Email:

If you have not yet lodged a GSM application then enquiries should be made using the on-line enquiry form at General Skilled Migration Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form

If you have already made an application then all enquiries for the GSM Adelaide and GSM Brisbane need to be made using the on-line enquiry form at: General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form or

Telephone:

1300 364 613 (in Australia) for the cost of a local call; or

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

Contact Hours: (Australian Central Time):

0900 to 1600 Monday to Friday

Please note: due to the large volume of calls we receive, from time to time you may experience lengthy delays before getting to speak to a customer service officer.

LINKS

General Skilled Migration – What's New

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

New List of Skilled Occupations – Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf

Critical Skills List

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

Last updated: 27 July 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice: If you have received this email by mistake, please advise

the sender and delete the message and attachments immediately. This email,

including attachments, may contain confidential, sensitive, legally privileged

and/or copyright information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination

or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the

intended recipient is prohibited. DIAC respects your privacy and has

obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. The official departmental privacy

policy can be viewed on the department's website at Department of Immigration & Citizenship. See:

Privacy

Guest HoriFTC
They did not mention the processing times:mad:

They do it never, since they began to deal with the applications by virtue of priority processing and not FIFO...

You can check the ESTIMATED processing times here:

Client Service Charter

Archived