176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Guest icehorizon
Hi Chan

Maybe someone will come and help - sorry I don't know for sure myself.

Why not set up a new thread on the migration issues page - maybe include the word engineer in the thread title so that other people of a similar occupation might be more likely to look at your post.

Good luck

Vickymel

Thank u for the reply Vickymel. I will do that.

Cheers,

Chan

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woodwood24

Just got back from holiday today, this thread has gone crazy in the last week.With so much to read of all the thoughts out there. But I am a little confused with the sol schedules and no agent to ask(since mine went into liquidation). My trade is Carpenter on sol schedules 1,2,3 & 4. So what Cat. am I in now? I think or hope I'm in cat 3 now. Can anyone inlighten me it would put my mind at rest until the next changes.

Guest Moller

Dear VickyMel

Could you please update our details as we received our WA SS on 22/07/2010. :cute:

NAME: Simson & Danelee (Moller)

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 19/06/2009

DATE SS GRANTED: 22/07/2010

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not Yet

ADDITIONAL INFO: Received TRA 17/04/2009

C/O: Not yet

Thanks Danelee:notworthy:

NAME: Southerncross

(Previous) Priority No. 5

DATE OF VISA APPLICATION: 20/04/2009 (475)

DATE SS APPLIED: 11/03/2009 GRANTED: 25/03/2009

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: SA

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not yet

ADDITIONAL INFO: Not yet

Form 1100 had not been sent to DIAC till 30/03/2010

19/04/2010 "Application being processed further"

Guest VickyMel
Dear VickyMel

Could you please update our details as we received our WA SS on 22/07/2010. :cute:

Priority No. 5

Hi Danelee

Congratulations on the SS! I was wondering the other day whether you might have heard yet.

I have up[dated my weekly update sheet and Tasha (who runs the thread) will be back after the weekend and she will update the first page as well (where did you go Taz - did you have a great time?).

I think you might be on the Priority 3 list now (not sure?) if so good luck, if not good luck waiting with the rest of us to see if we are moving up to Priority 2 and the new SMP list.

VickyMel

Hello All former Cat 5 applicants (as till the SMP are not released, we all fall into the lowest and worst priority, Cat 4!!) :no:

I am so disappointed with the fact that SMP are not yet released and seems that this not going to happen till Oct 2010. I am also annoyed that they are changing all these priorities so fast! When the 23rd September came with the new priorities processing, I have been waiting patiently when they processed all CSL applicants.. In Dec 2009, they started to look into some of Cat 5 applicants, and I was counting the months when they finally finish with CSL applicants and go on with remaining Cat 5 applicants. Now when they almost ended up with CSL applicants by July 2010 I was so excited that they will go on process Cat 5, till the SMP are released and some people go into Cat 2.

It was just a matter of weeks for our order to be processed when CSL was revoked, but they changed it again! It is so stupid of me that I was counting the days when the CSL is done, as though there is no CSL anymore, Cat 5 is not moving ahead.(except these applicants at the moment, who is on new SOL)

Also, what happens to those who will not fall into the SMP but received the state sponsorship in the past? It means, that state sponsorship which we received in 2009-2010 gives us nothing, if our occupation does not match with SMP, and we will remain in the lowest priority. I think they still could give some sort of priority, who is state sponsored, or include the occupations that were on the states lists in the past 2 years. I have received sponsorship in Sep 2009 and think that if my occupation will not be on SMP, then it makes absolutely no sense to remain in Cat 4 and arrive to AU years after my useless sponsorship was granted. Does anyone agree with me on this? :arghh:

I try to be optimistic about the process, but so disappointed that when the time finally came to look on the applications of state sponsored, they just left them behind again..

Thanks for reading my post..

Nata

:hug:

Here is an email from my agent.

Hi Alan

The government have amended the list of priorities down to 4 groups. However, group 2 covers applicants who are sponsored under the state migration plans (SMP). Unfortunately, none of the state governments have finalised their list of occupations under the plan and some may not do so until later on this year.

The cases who already have a state sponsorship (SSV) need to wait until the SMP list is available in order to ascertain whether their occupation appears. If it does, then the government are indicating that these applicants will move up the priority list. At present, as no SMP are in place all applicants remain in the same position awaiting the announcement of the state plans. Some applicants may benefit but some will remain in the same position as before possibly waiting until 2012 onwards as previously advised by DIAC last September.

I will advise you if you application is affected in due course.

Hi Alan,

I want to thank you first for all the informative posts you have written, and as you have submitted just after me, I follow your journey quite regulary. I am just getting a bit frustrated with the seemingly lack of communication from our agent regarding all the new information, they never informed us of the Sept 23rd changes or anything else, so have had to rely on PIO. As this company is held in high regard on this site I am wondering if I should have been asking them more questions.So I was wondering if you had requested an update from your agent or they had automatically sent this to you.

Hi Alan,

I want to thank you first for all the informative posts you have written, and as you have submitted just after me, I follow your journey quite regulary. I am just getting a bit frustrated with the seemingly lack of communication from our agent regarding all the new information, they never informed us of the Sept 23rd changes or anything else, so have had to rely on PIO. As this company is held in high regard on this site I am wondering if I should have been asking them more questions.So I was wondering if you had requested an update from your agent or they had automatically sent this to you.

The update was a requested one

Cheers

Alan.

Hi everyone, I am back now!

@ VickyMel: We went away camping in our motor home for a long weekend as it was my birthday. Shame about the weather though, cloudy and cold all weekend. We have come home this afternoon and the weather is lovely and warm here! How Typical is that! Don't think I will bother going away next time, will just stay in the garden and camp there:biglaugh:. It was a nice weekend though and the kids enjoyed it, which is the main thing!

Dear VickyMel

Priority No. 5

Hi Danelee

Congrats on getting your SS, I will update your details on the front page.

NAME: Southerncross

(Previous) Priority No. 5

DATE OF VISA APPLICATION: 20/04/2009 (475)

DATE SS APPLIED: 11/03/2009 GRANTED: 25/03/2009

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: SA

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not yet

ADDITIONAL INFO: Not yet

Form 1100 had not been sent to DIAC till 30/03/2010

19/04/2010 "Application being processed further"

Hi Southerncross

Thanks for joining our thread. I will add your detail to the list on the front page, but this thread will be splitting up soon as all the categories have changed lately...

I will keep it going for the time being and see what happens once the SMP are released.

Good luck with your application,

Tasha :wubclub:

Hello Everyone

I have started a new thread called "New Category 3's - where are you now?" for all of those people that have now moved to Category 3.

If you would like to join please add your information here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

I will try and do a good job, like Taz 2008 and VickMel :notworthy:

Thanks

Guest aimeec

Hi everyone

This morning my partner got offered a job in Sydney and we will be granted a 457 visa. WE will be leaving at the end of September, if all goes well with the visa (assuming it will as we've had our 176 application in for months now so all docs in place) and we get our house rented out. I can't believe how quickly things can change with a job offer. I feel very fortunate, and I think we are both still a little shell shocked but super excited as we'd resigned ourselves to the fact that we'd be waiting another year minimum!

I hope some more of you are as lucky as us, if not at least that the DIAC/Govt get the new plans in place soon. We will keep our 176 application going so I will still be checking the forum occasionally, but thanks to everyone for advice and support that I received through this site. It’s really comforting to know that other people are in your position when you are so disheartened and frustrated. Fingers crossed for everyone

Thanks

Aimee

Guest HoriFTC

@ VickyMel: We went away camping in our motor home for a long weekend as it was my birthday. Shame about the weather though, cloudy and cold all weekend. We have come home this afternoon and the weather is lovely and warm here! How Typical is that! Don't think I will bother going away next time, will just stay in the garden and camp there:biglaugh:. It was a nice weekend though and the kids enjoyed it, which is the main thing!

Hi Danelee

Congrats on getting your SS, I will update your details on the front page.

Hi Southerncross

Thanks for joining our thread. I will add your detail to the list on the front page, but this thread will be splitting up soon as all the categories have changed lately...

I will keep it going for the time being and see what happens once the SMP are released.

Good luck with your application,

Tasha :wubclub:

Dear Tasha,

Happy Birthday!

Guest pinal

Hello Everyone and Tasha,

Happy Birthday Tasha, I got a gift on your Birthday

I got the CO today and asked for PCC & medical as previous assessment are too old. I will update you all as my case will be progressed.

I will have to rush to get PCC because last time I fall late to provide PCC and I had to wait till date for next hearing from DIAC.

Pinal

I got the CO today and asked for PCC & medical as previous assessment are too old. I will update you all as my case will be progressed.

I will have to rush to get PCC because last time I fall late to provide PCC and I had to wait till date for next hearing from DIAC.

Pinal

Hi Pinal

That is just fantastic news! I am sooooo pleased for you!

Good luck with it this time... make sure you hang to this CO, and dont let go!:wink:

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest VickyMel

Happy Birthday Tasha - weather has that way of playing tricks on you.

:biggrin: Shame what a pity DIAC didn't have a CO contact you for your birthday!

Pinal

Whooopppiiieee!

Congratulations Pinal that is wonderful news - another dinosaur starting to move.

VickyMel

Pinal

Great news Pinal,

At least some state spons applications are moving...

Good luck for the future.

Hi all heres a bit of info for you

Dear Spencer,

As previously discussed in an email sent earlier this week, DIAC have published a new priority processing directive, which determines the order in which applications are processed.

Further information was released today, as the Client Services Charter has been updated to reflect the processing times for particular groups. See below for the new processing priority groups and the updated timeframes for each group:

PROCESSING PRIORITY GROUP

GROUP CRITERIA

PROCESSING TIMEFRAME

Priority Group 1

From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

Applications will be processed according to ENS/RSMS Service Standards

Priority Group 2

From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's State Migration Plan.

Applications will be finalised 12 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 3

From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applications lodged PRIOR to 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 31 December, 2011.

Applications lodged ON OR AFTER 1 July 2010 will be finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 4

All other applications.

All Priority Group 4 applications will only be entered into processing and finalised once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

What does this mean for me?

You are currently in Priority Group 3, which means that your application should be finalised by 31 December, 2011. As you have already obtained state sponsorship, there is the possibility that your application will transition to Priority Group 2 in the event that your occupations appears on the State Migration Plan for your state, which would mean it would be processed more quickly. If your occupation does not appear on the State Migration Plan you will remain in group 3. State Migration Plans will be released during September at the earliest.

If more information becomes available we will be in contact. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Archived